England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October

Saturday 1 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Brentford v Huddersfield Town (15:00 BST) 2.66 3.4 2.86 101.97 %
maximize.gif Chesterfield v Colchester United (15:00 BST) 2.44 3.4 3.2 101.65 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Oldham Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.75 3.4 2.92 100.02 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00 BST) 2.45 3.45 3.15 101.55 %
maximize.gif Leyton Orient v Preston North End (15:00 BST) 3.65 3.6 2.14 101.90 %
maximize.gif Milton Keynes Dons v Notts County (15:00 BST) 1.92 3.75 4.3 102.01 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Wycombe Wanderers (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.45 3.85 102.58 %
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Charlton Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.32 3.4 3.3 102.82 %
maximize.gif Stevenage v Scunthorpe United (15:00 BST) 2.38 3.4 3.4 100.84 %
maximize.gif Tranmere Rovers v AFC Bournemouth (15:00 BST) 2.22 3.4 3.5 103.03 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Carlisle United (15:00 BST) 2.55 3.35 3.1 101.32 %
maximize.gif Yeovil Town v Bury (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.6 101.63 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October It is a tough one this week for sure at first glance. 1 team that stands out is PNE. Looking at stats of both teams and PNE current form, I think there is huge value and expect them to win by 2 clear goals. I would have expected about 1.7 on the away win. I will be placing my largest bet of the season on the away win due to confidence and value. PS - been a while since posting and hope to get back into it more

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October Preston score lots of goals but also concede a fair too. I thought it would be something Phil Brown would try and address but the teams he sends out consist of 3 strikers (Hume, Mellor and Proctor), home or away. Barring the last game versus Wycombe we had only condeded 2 away from home in 3 games (now 5 after conceding 3 midweek and still winning). PB has said that once we were 2-0 up we started to think we were Real Madrid and it cost us, once we returned to the style we usually play we dominated again. Leyton Orient have lost every game (5 matches) at home so far this season conceding 12 goals, with only 4 in return. I don't bet on Preston but feel we should win here. My prediction is 1-3.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October SxT - I :hope your wrong, but as said I feel the value is there. Jack - I am not one for backing my own team, however just based on the stats I feel it is way overpriced and worth taking. Here is to getting back in the Champ (auto hopefully)

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October

SxT - I :hope your wrong, but as said I feel the value is there. Jack - I am not one for backing my own team, however just based on the stats I feel it is way overpriced and worth taking. Here is to getting back in the Champ (auto hopefully)
I'm seriously contemplating putting them in a double with someone else (Leeds jumping out at me at the moment). If I do jinx my team, shoot me in the head with a massive gun. :wall

hard week this weekend anyone agree???? i can see alot of possible draws from first glance will look into it and get back
I'm thinking this as well. Not going to win big, but thinking about putting £1 on every game in the league to end up as a draw as I think there's at least 3 which will be.

I will go against PNE! Leyton will win!
you have convinced me to part with my hard earned on leyton..... lol any reason why you think so mate??? Preston 2nd in the League, can go top if they win their game in hand, overall record of 7-1-1, away form = 3-1-0 Tranmere bottom of leage lost every home game this season..... do you know something we dont?? lol

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October Huddersfield AH0 1.93 Pinnacle 6/10 I see a good chance to see a Huddersfield win @ Brentford, but I like to cover the X since Huddersfield has 6 draws so far. However they are hard to beat. Home side is average at home and didn´t have too many tough fixtures yet. Whenever they met a decent side, they lost (Sheffield Utd. and Preston). Huddersfield played Sheffield Utd, MK Dons and Hartlepool away and didn´t lose. Fair odds and I´ll take a little higher stake than usual. Gl

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October I think the best value in this league this weekend is Carlisle and Oldham. However i am just sticking with a bet on Carlisle... They have done really well away from home with 3 wins on the road thus far, Walsall i think are a poor side and have only won 1 from 5 at home, good chance for the away side to get 3 points. Carlisle WIN @ 19/10 Boylesports

Huddersfield AH0 1.93 Pinnacle 6/10 I see a good chance to see a Huddersfield win @ Brentford, but I like to cover the X since Huddersfield has 6 draws so far. However they are hard to beat. Home side is average at home and didn´t have too many tough fixtures yet. Whenever they met a decent side, they lost (Sheffield Utd. and Preston). Huddersfield played Sheffield Utd, MK Dons and Hartlepool away and didn´t lose. Fair odds and I´ll take a little higher stake than usual. Gl
Those dirty dogs Huddersfield knocked my 5 teamer last week for £230, 2 nil up with 5 mins to go and conceeded 2 ffs. Saying that they are very hard to beat. Like the look of PNE as well! :ok

Charlton are looking strong in this league this season and I fancy them to win at faltering Sheff Utd
Preston look sound value to me. Should be a cut above a clueless Orient.
Guy's, not sure if you've had a :welcome yet, so :welcome to PL :D We require reasoning in these threads in future please :ok Have a read of this thread http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/quality-posts-uk-football-forum-discussion-109435/ and please remember to quote current odds and bookmaker when making a selection ;)

Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Brentford v Huddersfield
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.30
Reasoning this game is a tight game for the two side as they are 2 good team in this league and one will not want to settle for the other but i can see a probability of a draw in this very match,as the home team will only settle for atleast a draw ,as the away team look like the favourites to win this game but a draw is likely to occur as a 2-2 draw i think.

Event Leyton Orient v Preston
Selection Preston
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning Preston very good indeed and 2nd on the table i think they have what it takes to beat this home side as the odd look very good and with a stright 5 games won i think they should be able to win this very game too, the home side have not been so that good but like playing draw but i can see them playing draw this time around.

Event Sheff Utd v Charlton
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.40
Reasoning both team have been very good but this game will surely end in a draw as the home side have a good home record and the away team will not settle for nothing less than a draw and playing this kind of game i think a draw will only settle the both team in this match ,so a bet for a draw is likely to be a better one.

I think the best value in this league this weekend is Carlisle and Oldham. However i am just sticking with a bet on Carlisle... They have done really well away from home with 3 wins on the road thus far, Walsall i think are a poor side and have only won 1 from 5 at home, good chance for the away side to get 3 points. Carlisle WIN @ 19/10 Boylesports
I came to the same conclusion, both are decent prices. Good luck :ok

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October MK Dons v Notts County Dons are starting to get some players back fit! This weekend we will have 3 recognised defenders to select with just our star on loan right back Adam Smith missing. We could use some fire power really with Macdonald and Ibehre injured, On loan Clinton Morrison will lead the front line and is desperate to score! Midfield looking very strong with Chadwick, Williams, Potter, Bowditch, Powell likely to start. County are a decent side but MK Dons play some of the best football outside the prem in my opinion and can easily wear out any team with their style of football. Keep Hughes quiet and I think we'll grab a win! Selections: MK Dons Win @ 20/21 MK Dons -1 @ 5/2 MK Dons win 2-0 @ 15/2 Morrison 1st Scorer @ 5/1 Morrison 1st / MK Dons 2-0 @ 33/1

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October MK Dons vs Notts County Many are thinking that the Dons are out of form. But I think that today they will win and will get back on another winning series. They are one of the best teams in this League. Notts are having a good moment, but I think they had enough of that. Their morale is good and will offer a good display today. My option is home win in this one. home @ 1.95 with >Betfred

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October Stevenage vs Scunthorpe None of these teams can afford to lose this game and mnost of all the visitors. I think the Irons manager, Alan Knill, might have found the magic formula, despite their numerous absentees. His team has 5 games without defeat in last 6. Stevenage lost last 2 games. My option is a draw in this game, for the simple fact that both teams will prefer it instead of a defeat. draw @ 3.73 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October Yeovil Town vs Bury Home side is set to win this clash. Despite having a bad history against Bury as they haven't managed to win a game at home, I think that they will get it. Bury is not giving signs of consistency in the attack after Lowe and Mozika have been sold. Yeovil is in the danger area, but their game against Sheffield at home, the win over Wycombe and the good display to Scunthorpe shows they can beat Bury. home win @ 2.25 with Coral

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October Hartlepool vs Sheffield Wednesday I am intrigued by the Pools evolution this season. The fact that they have 4 wins in a row is making me consider they will make a different result here The Owls are weak away and mainly cause their defensive play is awful. For today they will be without Lowe which played just 22 minutes since he joined them. They will miss also O'Grady, Johnson and Prutton. These missing players are making me think that they will adapt a very defensive position in this one, otherwise will be hammered. draw @ 3.51 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 1 October Rochdale vs Wycombe Home side is far away from their last season form, but they can get back on that if they will benefit from some positive results. Wycombe is impressing from time to time like they did last two round when they managed to win against the Blades and almost got a draw against high flying Preston. Sharing 2 points here is a good bet here. draw @ 3.58 with Pinnacle Sports

I think the best value in this league this weekend is Carlisle and Oldham. However i am just sticking with a bet on Carlisle... They have done really well away from home with 3 wins on the road thus far, Walsall i think are a poor side and have only won 1 from 5 at home, good chance for the away side to get 3 points. Carlisle WIN @ 19/10 Boylesports
I think you have done well avoiding Oldham. We were very poor against Brentford and the same could be said about the Stevenage home game previous. It will be interesting to see Dickovs selection. He has 3 good centre backs and 3 good forwards and you can tell he doesn't know which ones to drop. So instead, last week, he played one of the centre backs at right back which resulted in the right back moving to left back. And he played one of the strikers on the wing. It did not work and I hope he realises that. Saying that though, we seem to have been playing better away from home. I didn't go to Orient or Walsall but apparently we played well, so maybe the pressure of being at home is affecting their game. I would not be taking the price of us on last weeks performance though. In fact I took the 7/4 available on Exeter earlier on in the week. This has since come in to 11/8 which looks a tad more reasonable. I think the odds looks about right now and I would say there is no value in this game anymore and it would be best to avoid. A couple of bets I do like are Jose Baxter to score two or more and Jose Baxter fgs at 10/1 and 7/1 respectively. Baxter is a player we were interested in a while back and he is a very good player. He has made a few appearances for Everton and I expect him to bag quite a few in this league. He scored on his debut last week against Preston and I think he has a good chance of getting on the scoresheet today. IMO he looks the most likely to score today yet Will Hill think 5 Tranmere players are more likely to score than him. Value for me. Jose Baxter to score 2 or more - 10/1 Will Hill Jose Baxter first goalscorer - 7/1 Will Hill

MK Dons v Notts County Dons are starting to get some players back fit! This weekend we will have 3 recognised defenders to select with just our star on loan right back Adam Smith missing. We could use some fire power really with Macdonald and Ibehre injured, On loan Clinton Morrison will lead the front line and is desperate to score! Midfield looking very strong with Chadwick, Williams, Potter, Bowditch, Powell likely to start. County are a decent side but MK Dons play some of the best football outside the prem in my opinion and can easily wear out any team with their style of football. Keep Hughes quiet and I think we'll grab a win! Selections: MK Dons Win @ 20/21 MK Dons -1 @ 5/2 MK Dons win 2-0 @ 15/2 Morrison 1st Scorer @ 5/1 Morrison 1st / MK Dons 2-0 @ 33/1
I watch last MKD home game matchstas and the hosts had the advantage. Today is weaker opponent, remember their last season that they played poorly on the trips. Now they have higher form, but is rather a temporary state. I bet on the hosts. Gamestts- MKD-Charlton http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_2/14982434.stm GL :ok