UEFA Europa League > 29 September

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September

I definitely cannot see that happening. Shamrock Rovers will not roll over like Hearts did. I actually believe they are of similar quality' date=' but I'd say I'm alone in thinking that. In reality, Rovers are just playing for pride and the experience at this stage and there is no way they will be humiliated tomorrow night.[/quote'] Wasn't the 5-0 away? When I said a repeat I meant another 0-0 bore. Maybe i've got mixed up

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Metalist Kharkiv - AZ Alkmaar Bet: both teams to score Odd: 1,70 Bookie: local Stake: 6/10 Metalist has a good european record, first round they won in Wien against FK Austria and today they obivously want to maintain their winning strike. I see this two teams as the ones that are going to progress further from this group. Hosts are in a good shape, got 4 wins in a row, goal difference 8-1 and they are looking good. I am sure that the Ukrainen side is going to find way to score goal. AZ on the other side is also in good shape, the dutch side has 8 wins in a row, goal difference is 29-5. This is going to be nice game to watch cause the home side is going to try grab a three points but AZ also has their chances in this match so we could see a plenty of goals.

Thinking at the moment of AEK Larnaca. Cypriot sides are improving all the time, AEK undefeated in the tournament all season defeating some good sides like rosenborg on the way. Also now represents the strength of the Cypriot league with APOEL getting a draw at Shakhtar tonight. Anyone give me any views on wether to back/void AEK Larnaca?
Steaua will not lose tonight.They not play well in Romania right now but in Uefa they are good. 0-0 with Schalke in the first match in Bucharest. I think will play 4-4-2 ,they defend very well and remember Steaua is a contraatack team right now. Don t put the money on Larnaca.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September I have went with a double in the form of Stoke and Dynamo Kyiv. Stoke-I have been watching stoke alot this year. Without repeating everyone else i think stoke at home are a great side and that is not to underestimate besiktas but if they can play to say 80% of what they did against Man Utd i can see a victory. From what ive seen and i said this in the premiership forum at the weekend stoke are weak at both full back positions and i said to take nani or young anytime to score and nani did. tonight i would like to highlight this postion again namely due to simao playing so if youve spare cash floating or looking at some hedging manouvers, SIMAO anytime is great value at 10/3. But overall im betting on the fact stoke are great defensively(front to back) and they have great home support.just to provide evidence of this defensively in the kyiv game, kyiv had 66% possession,27 shots with 13 on target and still stoke came away with something. KYIV-I watched Kyiv in their last match with stoke and i think as a team they go against most people in the british/irish part of the world. I think we envisage teams in eastern europe as rugged and play the physical game but i was very impressed with their ability to pass and move at speed. Yes that sounds simple but football is essentially simple and with betting and the bombardment of information i think we should stick to what we see and the simple statistics. Kyiv i think will take this game very seriously which means a lot in this competition after conceading points in their previous game. anyway good luck everyone.:gimme

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September howdy folks, last week my bet was on bilbao against slovan... ended a 2:1 win for the guests... this week my bet is Salzburg against Slovan... to be honest slovan ist still shitty... last week our coach wanted to leave after the game against Dunajska streda... he even took a cab to Bratislava, didnt go with the team... they played kosice last at home... a lucky 2 :1 win after being 0:1 behind... kosice are the worst team in our league... no money no honey... :D so... our fire power is not present at all... defense? gimme a dictionary... morale? a joke... i see a huge value in betting on Salzburg... read austrian newspapers, they are confident and strong... whereas slovan is a working (pro)gress... so the strong bet 6-7/10 is Salzburg to win and even i see value in playing handicaps... the 0:1 ... 2,5-3/10 :drums :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Might appeal to a few people! Under 4.5 goals in the Spurs game is 1.29 with betfred which seems a gift, Spurs have got Arsenal at the weekend and although Lennon and Pienaar might play for a bit as they are coming back from injury most of the attacking positions will be filled with kids, Kane or the very unpopular and uninterested Pavy up front..Shamrock will go 4-5-1 for sure, I watched their last game against Rubin Kazan and they got a bit battered but a couple of the goals were brilliant and I would rate that Rubin side higher than the one Spurs will be putting out tonight, 2 or 3-0 would be my guess with a few kids playing that are unlikely to make the grade at the club. One Harry wants to win and get out of the way.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September I placed some draw bets, but looking back to what happened last round and the Group Stage last season I have found that at best 6 draws by round have been produced in Europe League. :spank:wall Hope in a change! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Stoke vs Besiktas Turkish Super League started delayed about 1 mount this year.So teams are very deeply affected from this situation.Recently If you watched games in this league you had to feel that all teams have some problem about condition.All teams are exausting their all energy in first half.Last 15 min. teams are being fully exausted.In my opinion Stoke will find a lot of opportunities for score after 75. min.
tipsmade.gif icon_profile.gif icon_pm.gif '); //-->
Stoke vs Besiktas Turkish Super League started delayed about 1 mount this year.So teams are very deeply affected from this situation.Recently If you watched games in this league you had to feel that all teams have some problem about condition.All teams are exausting their all energy in first half.Last 15 min. teams are being fully exausted.In my opinion Stoke will find a lot of opportunities for score after 75. min.
tipsmade.gif icon_profile.gif icon_pm.gif '); //-->

Maribor vs Birmingham For sure this game has a good value to bet on draw. I think to this since yesterday and I cannot afford to let it outside of my day. Birmingham is a team that plays nice football, still no chemistry yet inside the group, but a team that will start getting confidence with these kind of games and I expect to see them out from this group and also to fight in the end of the season for promotion. Maribor is a good team at home, but really can't see them going over Birmingham. Will be although an entertaining match, but none of these teams have the power to win the clash from today. medium stakes on draw @ 3.40 with Skybet
we are very good at home, where we seriously count on achieving points. I think we can snatch a draw away maybe, but 2 wins at home are realistical goals. in the last two years we drew only one home game (maccabi haifa), winning the rest (hibernian, videoton, palermo, dudelange, rangers). I think a draw can happen, but from what I've been reading here birmingham are in a dreadful form. we have struggled a bit lately (last game was terrible), but we seem to rise on bigger games. we'll see, wish you luck with your bet, but I hope we win :P

Salzburg vs Slovan Away side is the key in this game. They managed to stay undefeatd in more difficult games than this: APOEL and Roma. They will come here with the clear desire to not lose this game. In a group with Bilbao and PSG, the only meetings where they can get points are the encounters with Salzburg. Home side looks good on home ground, but no match in Europe is not a typical home game. The price is excellent and the draw might happen in this game. draw @ 3.84 with Pinnacle Sports
dunno if u saw those games... i did...both and full against apoel(away) we got really lucky and the goalie Putnocky :) apoel should have won 2:0 at least home and away to roma... did u see how crapy roma was? a really good team would have trashed roma 5- 6 :0 :)

Stoke vs Besiktas First time poster... I'm really quite interested to watch this match as I am somewhat a fan of both teams. I too watched the Besiktas match this weekend where they pulled out a 1-0 victory (that game should have been tied 1-1 at the death). If memory serves me correctly Besiktas played the game without Quaresma, who was suspended. That was a huge absense for Besiktas as Quaresma is easily the creative heart of that team. He will be playing today and has the talent to take a game over if he so chooses. As for Stoke... While I love the heart and fight of this team, and love watching games at the Brittania, I feel there may be a bit of a let-down after the emoitional high of drawing United 1-1. Of course there will be a bit of a charge for plaing a European game for the first time in years, but there are only so many consecutive games a player can remain energized for. I'm putting a small wager on Besiktas on the money line and will put a small bet on a draw. Best of luck to everyone on the board and let's cash in some tickets!

dunno if u saw those games... i did...both and full against apoel(away) we got really lucky and the goalie Putnocky :) apoel should have won 2:0 at least home and away to roma... did u see how crapy roma was? a really good team would have trashed roma 5- 6 :0 :)
I only add Slovan will be without: Erik Cikos, Lukas Pauschek, Ze Vitor, Juraj Halenar and Milan Ivana.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September And really nobody cares Rubin? It seems to me that an easy walk from Kazan will not work. Rubin, intelligence above the class, and rightly so, but the Greeks are very hard-nosed team. Style of play at approximately the same team, a strong defense with the search for mistakes punish an opponent. PAOK is currently the leader of the championship and although the season has just begun in the Greek is an asset can be recorded. It is also a victory over AEK Athens and a draw with Tottenham too obvious plus. I am inclined to: PAOK 1 1.8 PAOK score 1.9 Score: 1-1

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September AEK Larnaca-Steaua That's crap ... Steaua Bucharest at the moment nothing of himself. Nothing is left of the glorious traditions of the club. And despite the overall rise in the level of football in Cyprus in recent years, the club of Larnaca, I would not be present as a super team. Generally dull match ... Under :1.7 Score: 0-0

OK, I'm confused... Udinese slided to 3,20 on Bet365 :unsure Is it the team news? Are they giving up on the EL in general? One cen get 1,57 on Bet365 for Udinese not to lose, it seems that it holds some value, anyone here agrees?
I suspect the omission of Antonio Di Natale from the squad will have something to do with that, along with fellow strikers Paulo Barreto and Antionio Floro Flores. Udinese are probably going to be quite conservative and look to pick Celtic off on the break in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Celtic are not a particularly good side at this level and I'd be loathe to back them, but I just don't know enough about the side Udinese will play tonight to put significant cash down on them. Celtic's defence is very wobbly but they probably are capable of scoring tonight too. A toughie, in my book.

SportFootball (Europa League)
EventVaslui - Zurich
SelectionVaslui
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.15
ReasoningVaslui are in good home fit they recorded few good home win this month taking 2-0 Spartha Praha who lead in Czech at Europe League playoffs another good home games were agasint leader in Romania Dynamo Bucharest 3-1. Vaslui recorded 2-2 draw after they took twice a lead in Rome with SS Lazio at League opener. On the other hand Zurich are in very poor fit they are very close to relegation zone in Switzerland with ten points of ten matches they lose so many games this season including 0-2 at home opener against Sporting Lisbon.
EventSporting Lisbon - Lazio
SelectionSporting Lisbon
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.00
ReasoningSporting Lisbon after poor start is going today with four win in a row, last home match crushing 3-0 against Setubal, the opening game at Europe League 0-2 won in Switzerland against local Zurich. On the other hand SS Lazio sold few of their big stars in the summer they bought Sisse and Klose but Klose is injured. SS Lazio didn't do so well this season they won just one game against weak Cesena recording tough loss 1-2 at home vs Genoa. Lazio is 1-3-1 of last five matches, and this should be must win host team who is in very good fit at the moment.
EventLokomotiv Moscow - Anderlecht
Selectionover 2.5
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
ReasoningAnother tough enocunter of Europe League, Lokomotiv Moscow are in incredible fit they are fourteen games unbeaten winning nine and drew five also they recorded four win of last five home games including 4-2 win overrated champion of Russia Zenit. On the other hand Anderelecht also is in very good fit they are going today after six won matches in a row, including four win and draw in last five away matches. Anderelecht defeated AEK Athens 4-1 in Europe League opener while Lokomotiv won 1-2 in Austria vs Sturm so both teams will want another win today and I see many goals here.
EventMaribor - Birmingham
SelectionMaribor
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.33
ReasoningI think Birmingham should not be thinking about this cup after they were relegated last season of Premier League in England now they are in relegation zone at Championship. Birmingham will use some reserve players but if they go with titular they are also not in good fit recording three loss and draw of last four matches. Brimingham lose five and drew two of last seven away matches this season, they won just one in last sixteen away matches. On the other hand Maribor defeated Scotish big club Rangers 2-1 in the play offs to Europe League and after 1-1 draw in Scotland they reached groups, I think this will be home win.
EventRennes - Atl. Madrid
Selectionover 2.5
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
ReasoningRennes recorde very good win 2-6 against Socheaux few days ago in opener for this cup they lose unhappy 2-1 in Italy against Udinese after they took a 0-1 lead. Rennes will be fighting to title this season in France they have very good team. On the other hand Atletico recorded three win and one loss after Falcao joined titular squad. Atletico is going today after three over in a row two win with 4-0 and away loss 5-0 with Barcelona. I think Falcao will put on pressure Rennes defense and sure he will score, while the host team is also in good fit so over for me.
EventMetalist Kharkov - AZ Alkmaar
Selectionover 2.5
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.05
ReasoningAnother tough game of Europe League, host team today Metalist Kharkov is undefeated already 19 matches this season they are behind Dynamo and Shakrhot but with just two points less sittinh on third position in local league. In opener Kharkov won 1-2 in Austria against local Austria Wien. On the other hand AZ Alkmaar also very tough team they lead in Netherlands after seven rounds with six win one loss, AZ is going today after nine won matches in a row they scored 28 goals which is average more than three goals per match. In opener AZ won 4-1 against Malmo so this will be goal affair.
EventRubin Kazan - PAOK
Selectionover 2.5
Strength10/10
Date29/09/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.40
ReasoningPAOK is goind today after two win in a row and total three over recorded in last four games. PAOK is in very good fit last week they won 3-0 at home against big local rival AEK Athens, a week earlier PAOK finished 0-0 with Totthenam at home but they missed penalty shot, hit three times cross bar and missed couple of good chances over goal head to head with goal keeper. On the other hand Rubin Kazan recorded two very big over in past few matches winning opener 2-3 against Shamrock Rovers but after that they lose 2-3 with the champion of Russia Zenit, so my pick is over.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Rennes Athletico - Athletico win at 2.54 8/10 25% STAKE looking at the recent results of both teams this may not seem like a bet worth looking at however when you look at the last athletico results v barca and valencia, athletico we beaten in both but rennes are not of the same class as these two teams. Added to this the fact the athletico are unbeaten in the EL this season this added value to the bet, the final pieces of reasoning for this bet is falcao and diego these two have been outstanding this season with 6 in 4 games for falcao and deigo running the show. Rennes are not so productive in the EL and have struggled wining only 3 of their last 9 games in EL having watched both teams recently i feel athletico have alot more to offer and the result againist Barca should not put people of what imo is the best athletico team for a number of year:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September rubin kazan PAOK both to score at betfair 2.38 7/10 25% STAKE lookin at both sides recent records this bet would have come in 4 out of 5 times for both teams to add to this the recent form of POAK I feel they will fancy their chances of a goal away to kazan, and after their recent 3-2 defeat kazan will also be looking to put things right. The result is a difficult one to pick so i feel that the both to score bet is excellent value:hope

Vaslui are in good home fit they recorded few good home win this month taking 2-0 Spartha Praha who lead in Czech at Europe League playoffs another good home games were agasint leader in Romania Dynamo Bucharest 3-1' date=' [b']another good win was 3-0 over Steaua Bucharest who are with biggest traditions in that conutry.
When did Vaslui win 3-0 over Steua? :loon I see the record saying Bucharest won 3-0 on the road at Vaslui. But your prediction can be good.

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Ath Bilbao - Paris SG
Selection Paris SG 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.22
Reasoning Well Athletic Bilbao are in very poor fit this season, they are in relegation zone in local league with two draw and three loss, they lose four drew three and won opener at League Europe 1-2 in Bratislava agasint local Slovan of last eight matches. On the other hand PSG are doing so well this season they are going today after eight won and one drawn game in last nine matches. PSG holds 4-1-0 away record of last five away matches. This month they recorded two very good win on the road 1-3 and 0-3 with two very strong clubs who are in top of the table in France Toulouse and Montpellier so I think away team should be dog here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Fc Twente v Wisla krakow =Fc Twente win betfair 1.37 9/10 25% STAKE look at twente's recent form they look like a team in form with an excellent home record and a good run of recent results against ajax and Fulham both away from home. IMO back on home ground they will dominate this game can i am happy to take the 1.37 Wisla are not at the same level as fulham and ajax and they were well beaten away at APOEL :hope

I suspect the omission of Antonio Di Natale from the squad will have something to do with that, along with fellow strikers Paulo Barreto and Antionio Floro Flores. Udinese are probably going to be quite conservative and look to pick Celtic off on the break in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Celtic are not a particularly good side at this level and I'd be loathe to back them, but I just don't know enough about the side Udinese will play tonight to put significant cash down on them. Celtic's defence is very wobbly but they probably are capable of scoring tonight too. A toughie, in my book.
Hi, everyone in Italy are bet on Celtic to win, Udinese will be without Di Natale, Floro Flores, Barreto, and Domizzi. On the bench there will be Armero, Isla, Benatia, Asamoah and Pinzi which are all regulars. Abdi and Fabbrini (2 offensive midfield) will be the starting attack, the only regulars in the starting XI will be Handanovic (goalkeeper) and Basta (defender). on the midfield will be Pereyra, Doubai, Batocchio, Badu and Neuton, none of this is regular.

Celtic vs Udinese These two teams will have a tough test, but mainly home side. Udinese is much better side in this one, Celtic has shaken this season, but I expect them to prove that they deserved to replace Sion. draw @ 3.32 with Pinnacle Sports
Nice expectation. The thing is that Sion and CFC have already matched and Sion was the side that deserved to qualify on the pitch. :unsure

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Ath Bilbao - Paris SG
Selection Paris SG 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.22
Reasoning
Good call. I got 2 things to add to this bet. 1st - PSG are really good lately. 2nd - There`s the big game on Sunday for Bilbao. Local Basque derby against Sociedad. That would be a bloody game. So i`m on PSG side too.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September I really want to get on Udinese as I did when Athletico played Celtic last round, but the team news makes it a total no bet. I would say getting draw cover in this one is essential, tickets not selling that well either for a Celtic game, don't think there will be much of an atmosphere which will work to Udinese's advantage. Celtic never fail to disappoint in Europe though so there is hope if you have backed Udinese straight..hope the regulars who got on Udinese DNB early doors don't get stung.