** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September

Doncaster Rovers V Crystal Palace Like a few who have already posted on this thread I was planning on lining up a Palace DNB for this match but recent events have muddied the waters a little with O'Driscoll being sacked and Saunders taking over at Donny. I wouldn't normally be comfortable opposing a team that has not won yet, as normally the longer the bad streak goes on the more likely it is to end. With Doncaster I thought otherwise as I had been listening closely to O'Driscoll in recent post-match interviews and it sounded like he had run out of ideas and lost the dressing room. This nugget of perception has been rendered useless by the appointment of Saunders and so we must evaluate how quickly the new manager can reverse Doncaster's fortunes. Saunders did do a training session today but it will be an uphill task to try and shore up Donnys appauling defence. There has been countless individual errors this season and the injury crisis they have faced has not helped. They were boosted by the return of Shelton Martis last week but he needs more game time and looks rusty. They also bought in veteran Neil Sullivan between the posts but he also dropped a clanger V Reading, clearly the bungling was contagious. Palace on the other hand finished the season level on points with Doncaster last year (48) and the eagles finished one place above them on goal difference. The gulf in class between the two sides now is telling and many of Palace's offensive players such as Scannell and Zaha are in the form of their lives. Because of this clear gulf in class and form I find it hard to believe Palace will loose this game, despite the fact Donny will receive a psychological boost through the appointment of Saunders. It looks like Billy Sharp and Ryan Mason will also return in some capacity, probably from the bench. New signing Jon Parkin will add strength and aerial threat to the forward line but again I must emphasise Doncaster's biggest problem is their clumsy defence. In terms of 1X2 Palace DNB @ 7/6 (Betfair) still looks the safest option but I think a draw is the most likely outcome and X @ 12/5 (Betfair) could be worth a punt at half stakes here. Despite this you can see from my projections that the game is quite murky and the 1X2 market is not as appealing as it was earlier in the week where I would have taken at least 5% from Donny and given it to Palace. My post O'Driscoll outcome projections: Doncaster 30% Draw 40% Palace 30% Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Scannell, Murray Tunchev will probably start as I think Gardner won't play 90mins twice in quick succession at this stage, surely Zaha will start now with the form he is in, Murray perhaps could finally start instead of Easter. If I had to bet on this game: Crystal Palace DNB @ 7/6 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Draw @ 12/5 (Betfair)
FT Doncaster 1-0 Crystal Palace, a bad day for Palace fans with our third consecutive league loss. I wouldn't have expected us to lose this game but a couple of factors mentioned have given a nice boost to Donny. A rather tedious first 45 was shaded by Palace but the mommentum went with Donny in the second half and the crowd were fired up by the substitute return of Sharp. Maybe Palace were a bit lacklustre in front of goal today which is unfortunate, well done to Doncaster and anyone who backed them. Massive game on Tuesday for Palace, will be interesting...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth are without victory in four games now' date=' fancy them to get something against Blackpool. Liam Lawrence returns but Luke Varney and Dave Kitson are out. Blackpool is hard to beat, but they dont shine that much. I think Portsmouth at home have good chance to turn things around and get some, lets say dividends :) Draw no bet on Portsmouth @ 1.78[/quote'] Last minute goal. 1:0 won :)

Did we ever get to the bottom of why Derby were a ridiculous 15/8 at kick-off today?
Yeh that was a strange valuation, especially when you consider Millwall played an extra game in midweek which could have potentially been a drain. Personally I thought this game would probably end in stalemate but even so 15/8 was a hilarious price for Derby.

Good job' date=' out of interest did you back Plymouth? I didn't have the balls in the end but you made a good shout there.[/quote'] I did, looked a decent crowd/atmosphere down there today which probably helped the whole occasion. Read that they were a bit more 'route 1' under Fletcher than under Reid which will probably get wins in League 2.

I did' date=' looked a decent crowd/atmosphere down there today which probably helped the whole occasion. Read that they were a bit more 'route 1' under Fletcher than under Reid which will probably get wins in League 2.[/quote'] Nice one, yeh I will be interested to see how they perform now there's been a manager change, feel sorry for Reid, there should be a campaign to help buy his meddles back.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Cardiff City vs Leicester Leicester comes here to win and I rate them with good chances of doing this. They are underdogs anyway, like majority of the teams that are coming in the Wales capital. Both teams will play with the first squads now, after playing with reserves in the Cup game. Leicester was a clear favorite to win the promotion directly and now are far even from the Play Off places. But there is plenty of time to achieve that dream. The problem is not to lose games like this one. So is my bet: away +0.25 AH @ 1.90 with Canbet