Draws for profit...Summing up

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II

Congratulations' date= Drawsandmore....... 3 out of 4, if I'm not mistaken :clap
It is indeed Grex :)...Now I'm hoping to kick on from here. I don't expect to rival the success of either of your systems, but that doesn't stop me aspiring to a yield of 10% at the end of the season. Now, if your boys could do me a favour tomorrow and beat City, I'll be a very happy bunny indeed. :hope

We shall try our very best :p...... but why??.... you don't like Citeh??
...Does anybody? I don't like their "hoovering up" of any player with an iota of skill...Not because they want them, but to weaken a rival/prevent them getting stronger, and because they can! ('tis funny how many players now "dream" of playing for City isn't it?) And please don't get me started on the circumvention of the financial fair play rules, and their frankly obscene deal regarding the stadium naming rights! I also have a couple of other, less lofty and more selfish reasons...They totally slaughtered my lot 5-1 earlier, (you only beat us 3-0) in the season :cry...And, I have United doubled up with the Reading draw to take me from 4th to 1st in the Division 8 title race.

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Wow, a genuine City-hater :loon coming from a Spurs supporter. There was a poll published recently (can't remember where) that had United as the most-hated club in the EP by a long way. City were way down the list..... but you mention some good reasons to dislike City. Of course United come top due to their success.... the "hatred" is based mainly on jealousy ;)

....And' date=' I have United doubled up with the Reading draw to take me from 4th to 1st in the Division 8 title race.[/quote'] That explains everything ;)

Reading @ 3.56 with Pinnacle :nana Oldham @ 3.53 with Pinnacle :( Stevenage @ 4.00 with Victor Chandler :nana Southport @ 3.68 with Pinnacle :nana
Given the poor start on Tuesday, amazingly the week finishes up in profit :eek But even better, the system is also back in profit for the season...Not a lot, but a tiny profit is always better than a loss. It looks like a very busy week next week, starting with 4 bets on Tuesday :hope

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Less of the "blue half of Manchester", please..... it has probably grown considerably today, but nowhere near 50%.... yet ;) Not a big fan of Evans either, but does he really deserve to go to Sunderland, the knackers-yard for many United rejects? BTW, we had better stop this "banter", or the Mods may transfer your thread to the dreaded Sports Banter Forum :loon

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Here are the first two bets for later today (25/10/11). They are both in Division 1

Brentford v Stevenage (X) 4 points @ 3.65 Pinnacle
Carlisle v Sheffield Wednesday (X) 4 points @ 3.60 Pinnacle

The other two bets will follow later...When the Pinnacle site is running rather than crawling!

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II It looks like system is struggling at the moment... Could it be explained by the fact that in current season draws percentage is somehow lower than in previous years? Especially low on draws is England L2 - just 21% so far (used to be around 30%)...

It looks like system is struggling at the moment... Could it be explained by the fact that in current season draws percentage is somehow lower than in previous years? Especially low on draws is England L2 - just 21% so far (used to be around 30%)...
Hi Mulkis, I'd certainly agree that the system is struggling at the moment, but I'm not sure that it is due to the current seasons draw percentage. As of last night, the draw percentages were: ..............Actual %......My % Prem.............25.84......75.00 Cham............27.45...... 23.08 L1................28.49.......26.09 L2................21.23.......31.25 Conf.............26.05.......18.18 Overall..........25.77.......26.92 I'm not really sure what the figures are telling me...Obviously the figures for the Prem are skewed by the small sample size (only 4 selections). If you disregard the Prem, my best performance is actually in League 2, the league with the lowest draw percentage overall! I suspect that as the season matures, the actual draw percentages will generally even themselves out and get closer to the overall average of the last 5 seasons. (26.54%)...Whether or not my predictions will also achieve their average over the same five year period (32.17%) remains to be seen! In my original thread, I indicated that I would be using free bets to help offset any possible losses. Currently I am actually in profit to the tune of 20 points SOLEY due to the free bets...It is bloody hard work keeping track of all the accounts and conditions, and I haven't always been able to take the best price available, but I have managed to gain free bets to the tune of 36 points. Without the free bets, I would be showing a loss of 16 points :eyes. Whilst I am not happy about it, I am in this for the duration of my bank. I put a sum of money aside and wrote it off at the start of the exercise. Unless I can see a logical reason for the system to fail, I will see it through and keep posting and betting to the end of the season/or my bank, and assess my next step then. That doesn't mean I expect anyone else to be quite that reckless. I still expect to be in profit at the end of the season, although probably not as much as I'd hoped...A fool and his money are easily parted?

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Hmmm!! I thought about doing something like this myself, although I was going to target the French and Italian premier leagues. The French league has 38.2% draws and the Italian has 32.9% draws. Even the Greek premier, Argentina premier, Austrian premier, French league 2 and German league 3 all have mid 30% draws. Soccerstats.com has all the info you could need.

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Hi Mikazza, :welcome to PL and thank you for choosing this thread to make your first post in. I think the problem with the leagues specified by you is that the bookmakers tend to have this covered by offering a much lower SP. It is pretty unusual not to be able to find odds of 3.30 or better in the English divisions, and currently I am averaging 3.57 on my winning selections. I'm just not finding enough winners at the moment! :eyes Although I don't have the average odds figures for the leagues you have mentioned, I suspect they will be much shorter...Certainly I have seen odds below 3.00 on a regular basis in some of the leagues listed. I do still genuinely believe it is possible to profit betting on draws, and wish you luck if you decide to go down this route, whichever leagues you decide to bet in.

Hmmm!! I thought about doing something like this myself, although I was going to target the French and Italian premier leagues. The French league has 38.2% draws and the Italian has 32.9% draws. Even the Greek premier, Argentina premier, Austrian premier, French league 2 and German league 3 all have mid 30% draws. Soccerstats.com has all the info you could need.
That's just small smaple error. Leagues will in general tend towards the mid to high twenties for the full season length.

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Hi Drawsandmore, I don't know about the bookmakers, i'm only using Betfair at the moment, i'm currently doing it as an excercise on a spreadsheet and here are the odds I took down last night for the French league... Ajaccio v Bordeaux......3.3 Brest v Lorient.........3.1 Dijon v Marseille.......3.45 Evian TG v Auxerre......3.15 Lyon v St Etienne.......3.9 Montpellier v Nancy.....3.8 Paris St-G v Caen.......4.8 Nice v Sochaux..........3.3 Toulouse v Rennes......3.05 Valenciennes v Lille....3.25 The average odds are 3.51, although there are 3 games in there I wouldn't bet on, Lyon, Montpellier and Paris SG. This makes the average about 3.22 but takes out the teams which are less likely to draw meaning there is a higher chance of making a profit from (don't know how to work out the %). I'll keep an eye on your thread and good luck aswell, I recon though like most of the systems i've tried, they average themselves out over the season and you just end up back where you started or worse.

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Four bets for today (29/10/11).

Prem: Sunderland v Aston Villa (X) 4 points @ 3.41 Pinnacle

Cham: Nott'm Forest v Hull (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Skybet
E1 Scunthorpe v Tranmere (X) 4 points @ 3.50 Pinnacle
E1 Wycombe v Sheffield Weds (X) 4 points @ 3.63 Pinnacle

These are the last bets of the week/month...2 winners would be good :ok

Four bets for today (29/10/11).

Prem: Sunderland v Aston Villa (X) 4 points @ 3.41 Pinnacle 2 - 2 :)

Cham: Nott'm Forest v Hull (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Skybet 0 - 1 :eyes
E1 Scunthorpe v Tranmere (X) 4 points @ 3.50 Pinnacle 4 - 2 :eyes
E1 Wycombe v Sheffield Weds (X) 4 points @ 3.63 Pinnacle 1 - 2 :eyes

These are the last bets of the week/month...2 winners would be good :ok

Unbelievably, October was actually a profitable month!! with a life changing profit of :drums.......0.72 points! But sadly, it's back in the red for the system since the start of the season. Onwards and upwards...November is a whole new month. Bets look fairly thin on the ground next week, the first one is on Wednesday. :hope

First bet of the week tonight (02/11/11).

Cham: Derby v Cardiff (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Betfred

Let's see if we can start the week with a winner! :hope

Lost 0 - 3....That'll be a no then!! So let's see what happens today. Only one bet :\

L1: Leyton Orient v Hartlepool (X) 4 points @ 3.65 Betinternet

Back tomorrow with the final bets of the week :hope

So let's see what happens today. Only one bet :\

L1: Leyton Orient v Hartlepool (X) 4 points @ 3.65 Betinternet 1 - 1 Won

A winner takes us in to the final 3 bets of the week:

Prem: Bolton v Stoke (X) 4 points @ 3.35 Pinnacle
Prem: Fulham v Tottenham (X) 4 points 3.41 Pinnacle
Cham: Reading v Birmingham (X) 4 points 3.44 Pinnacle

:hope

Prem: Bolton v Stoke (X) 4 points @ 3.35 Pinnacle 5 - 0 Lost
Prem: Fulham v Tottenham (X) 4 points 3.41 Pinnacle 1 - 3 Lost
Cham: Reading v Birmingham (X) 4 points 3.44 Pinnacle 1 - 0 Lost

Three losers, but how on earth Spurs managed to get all three points I'll never know. The bad news is that the system finished up having a losing week :\ The good news is that I guarantee that there will be no losses for a bit now...Due to the Internationals and the FA cup there are no bets at all this week.

Hi Drawsandmore, I don't know about the bookmakers, i'm only using Betfair at the moment, i'm currently doing it as an excercise on a spreadsheet and here are the odds I took down last night for the French league... The average odds are 3.51, although there are 3 games in there I wouldn't bet on, Lyon, Montpellier and Paris SG. This makes the average about 3.22 but takes out the teams which are less likely to draw meaning there is a higher chance of making a profit from (don't know how to work out the %).
You were unlucky with that week - none drew, but the 36.9% draw rate in the French league would yield a profit at 2-1 or so. High st bookies are mean with French draw odds though. Interesting & disappointing (I like backing draws) stats for English league so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II And so once more unto the breach dear friends! Following a stress (and loss!) free break of almost two weeks, there are five bets tomorrow. I will post them in the morning. It's about time the system got back on track. Even when it started so well, I never thought for one minute this was a license to print money, but neither did I expect to have a yield of almost minus 6% as we near the 100 bet mark :eyes Think positive thoughts!!! 3 winners and we're back in the black.

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Come on!!!

Prem: Wigan v Blackburn (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Pinnacle
Cham: Middlesbrough v Blackpool (X) 4 points 3.60 Ladbroke
D2: Aldershot v Gillingham (X) 4 points 3.61 Pinnacle
D2: Bradford v Rotherham (X) 4 points 3.53 Pinnacle
Conf: Hayes & Yeading v Kidderminster (X) 4 points 3.60 William

Prem: Wigan v Blackburn (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Pinnacle 3-3...Won :D
Cham: Middlesbrough v Blackpool (X) 4 points 3.60 Ladbrokes...2-2 Won :D
D2: Aldershot v Gillingham (X) 4 points 3.61 Pinnacle...1-2 Lost :\
D2: Bradford v Rotherham (X) 4 points 3.53 Pinnacle...2-3 Lost :\
Conf: Hayes & Yeading v Kidderminster (X) 4 points 3.60 William Hill...1-3 Lost :\

Not quite good enough to return the thread to profit, (see the first post for the current totals), but at least the week was profitable.

Port Vale v Torquay (X) 3.60 Pinnacle 0 - 0 Won
Apologies for the last minute posting...Thanks to some lowlife deciding to "recycle" the copper in the telephone cables near me, I've had no internet access for two days...So I posted the above bet on my mobile, (who says I can't do technology!), and then drove 20 miles to my parents house to get Internet access and place my bet....And it only went and won!! So, on to Saturday...6 bets to post tomorrow.