Draws for profit...Summing up

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II I realise the Kettering match is pretty much an away banker due to Kettering only having half a team...But I'll stick with the system...Come on!!!

Cham: Peterboro v Middlesbrough (X) 4 points @ 3.66 Pinnacle
D1: Carlisle v Colchester (X) 4 points 3.59 Ladbrokes
D2: Crewe v Hereford (X) 4 points 3.69 Pinnacle
D2: Shrewsbury v Morecambe (X) 4 points 3.64 Pinnacle
Conf: Kettering v Grimsby (X) 4 points 4.82 William Hill
Conf: Kidderminster v Cambridge (X) 4 points 3.60 Pinnacle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II

Cham: Peterboro v Middlesbrough (X) 4 points @ 3.66 Pinnacle 1 - 1 Won :D
D1: Carlisle v Colchester (X) 4 points 3.59 Pinnacle 1 - 0 Lost :eyes
D2: Crewe v Hereford (X) 4 points 3.69 Pinnacle 1 - 0 Lost :eyes
D2: Shrewsbury v Morecambe (X) 4 points 3.64 Pinnacle 2 - 0 Lost :eyes
Conf: Kettering v Grimsby (X) 4 points 4.82 Pinnacle 1 - 2 Lost :eyes
Conf: Kidderminster v Cambridge (X) 4 points 3.60 Pinnacle 0 - 0 Won :D

Along with the result on Friday, that makes it 3 winners from 7 this week = a profitable week. :D Currently the month is also profitable with 6 winners from 17...There are 2 more selections on Tuesday, but the month will remain profitable regardless :nana The thread finally gets back into the black, with a "massive" yield of 0.87%, although if both results go against us on Tuesday, we'll be back in the red. After Tuesdays results, and assuming I have internet access at home again, I think I will risk a little Excel spread-sheet to celebrate the 100 bet milestone...Analysing the good, the bad, and the downright ugly so far.

Cham: Derby v Brighton (X) 4 points @ 3.51 Pinnacle 0 - 1 Lost :eyes

Conf: Mansfield v Gateshead (X) 4 points 3.48 Pinnacle 1 - 1 Won :)

It's a shame November has to end! 19 selections, 7 winners, and a yield of over 30% :nana So, after four months and 101 bets, the system is showing a small profit, but to make sure nobody gets too carried away, I'll post a table tomorrow with the monthly breakdown to date...Everything about September was VERY VERY bad :wall

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Hi Mulkis, I think nearly all system addicts are inherently optimistic...We have to be...It's what keeps us going when we have a "September moment". The downside to this is that we can sometimes persevere with a system that is failing...I've certainly been guilty of this in the past, convincing myself that it is just variance and it will all come good eventually! As far as my current rating system is concerned, I will see it through to the end of the season and then make a judgement regarding the next season. At the moment, I do still expect it to be profitable, (bloody optimist that I am), but I am also prepared for it to go "tits up".

Prem: Newcastle v Chelsea (X) 4 points @ 3.46 Pinnacle Lost 0 - 3 :eyes

A loser to end the week, but a profitable week nonetheless, and the thread is also just in the black...See the first post for details :D Not many bets next week...It looks like there is just one bet midweek, and only two, (possibly three) at the weekend.

Cham: Hull v Birmingham (X) 4 points @ 3.42 Pinnacle... 2 - 1 Lost :eyes

There are just two bets at the weekend :hope...If one of them wins, it'll be the 4th profitable week on the bounce, but if neither of them come in, the thread will be back in the red! :\

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Nil nil...My favourite scoreline :nana

Cham: Millwall v Cardiff (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Betfred...0 - 0 Won :)

League 1: Preston v Stevenage (X) 4 points 3.55 Pinnacle...0 - 0 Won :)
League 2: Macclesfield v Gillingham (X) 4 points 3.43 Pinnacle...0 - 0 Won :)

Finally, three out of three, giving the thread a much needed boost. The fourth profitable week on the bounce, and a return to a meaningful yield of over 7%, and unlike at the start of the thread, after a meaningful number of bets...See first post for full details. So sods law dictates that having finally hit a vein of form, there is only one bet next week, (but depending on the midweek results, it might be two!)

:clapwell done for last week mate' date=' you got no congratulations for that incredible result, and here you are sharing your selections again, we are not worthy!! A 0-0 correct score treble would have been nice![/quote'] Hi Bedlam, and thank you for your kind words. The correct score treble would have been very welcome indeed, especially at this time of year, but I'm very much a singles person. I find predicting the draw hard enough, (see some of my earlier performances :$)...never mind the correct score as well. I suspect the lack of congratulations was due to people becoming a little bored with a thread that has been struggling to get back into positive territory! Hopefully, if I can maintain or improve the current yield, the responses will come. Anyway, despite my own misgivings about the Braintree match, (feels like a home win to me), I'll stick with the system and I have backed it to be a draw. Here's hoping for a fifth consecutive week of profit, but with only one prediction, I've got all my eggs in one basket this week!! :hope

Conf: Braintree v AFC Telford (X) 4 points @ 3.56
Pinnacle ...2 - 1 Lost :eyes

Alas, it was not to be, and the run of profitable weeks comes to an end. There are only a handful of games left now until Christmas, so let's hope that the selection on 20th can give us an early Christmas present. :hope Following the limited number of bets over the last couple of weeks, there are currently twelve forecast draws between Boxing day and the end of the year...I'm not greedy, four correct would be very nice!

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II Many thanks for your kind words Grex...I've still got a long way to go to get anywhere near the yields on either your "overs" or "homes" thread, but at least I'm finally moving in the right direction. (The yield is now at 8.59% after 108 bets) :nana

Prem: Wolves v Norwich (X) 4 points @ 3.56
Pinnacle...2 - 2 Won :D

No more bets now until Boxing Day...Barring a White Christmas and postponements, the system is predicting six draws. Two would be good, three would be fantastic.

Re: Draws for profit...Pt. II I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas. Busy day today with six selections. Come on!!!

Cham: Birmingham v West Ham (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Skybet
Cham: Coventry v Bristol City (X) 4 points 3.40 Skybet
D1: Oldham v Hartlepool (X) 4 points 3.60 Victor Chandler
D1: Preston v Carlisle (X) 4 points 3.68 Pinnacle
D2: Dag and Red v Barnet (X) 4 points 3.46 Pinnacle
Conf: Kidderminster v Forest Green (X) 4 points 3.69 Pinnacle

Decided to go with all six' date= with absolutely HUGE stakes :loon..... (1.50 euros each) ;) Good luck :hope
No pressure then Grex!? Lol...The only other time I know that somebody else followed my selections, I think they all lost! :$ Fingers crossed with a vengeance it is :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

.The only other time I know that somebody else followed my selections' date=' I think they all lost! [/quote'] I'm obviously your lucky charm..... 2 draws :clap..... with the odds I got, a nice return of 18% (1.59 euros). Won't give up the day job quite yet ;)

Cham: Birmingham v West Ham (X) 4 points @ 3.40 Skybet...1 - 1 Won :D
Cham: Coventry v Bristol City (X) 4 points 3.40 Skybet...1 - 0 Lost :eyes
D1: Oldham v Hartlepool (X) 4 points 3.60 Victor Chandler...0 - 1 Lost :eyes
D1: Preston v Carlisle (X) 4 points 3.68 Pinnacle...3 - 3 Won :D
D2: Dag and Red v Barnet (X) 4 points 3.46 Pinnacle...3 - 0 Lost :@
Conf: Kidderminster v Forest Green (X) 4 points 3.69 Pinnacle...1 - 0 Lost :eyes

Hi Grex, 33% winners would be more than enough to double the bank each season, so I'm happy with 2 from 6. But as you say, I'm not going to give up the day job just yet! Another profitable week, and I've updated the figures in the first post.