** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NFL Week Three Picks

AGurv

NFL 2011-2012 Overall 7W-6L-1P +0.62 units (53.84%) Last Week 3W-2L-1P +1.07 units Interesting week last week. I feel lucky to push with Dallas, but after seeing that replay of what happened in OT I cant believe I didnt win that one. Holley was at least 10 yards in front of the defender. I had the Vikings, and yep that sucked, but I guess its a lesson learned on both teams with that game. Bengals -2.5 (-115) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes This Bengals team might be a bit better then a lot of people would have thought going into the season. Dalton is playing really well so far this season and the running game has played pretty well also. The 49ers, I'm pretty sure they are terrible. If not for a great performance by Ted Ginn we could be easily looking at an 0-2 team. The way they choked against the Cowboys is pretty bad as well. Alex Smith is still QB as well , 'nough said.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills - Pats (-7.5) @ 1.91 (Paddy Power) Taking the line early because it's moved to -9 in a lot of places and may even go further. For me this is simple, the Bills have started 2-0 but there game against Oakland was a very close one. They gave up 323 passing yards to the Raiders led by QB Jason Campbell which is quite a big number. With Tom Brady already on 940 passing yards for the season, I think the Bills pass defense has to be worried. I would be surprised if they don't get beat quite comfortably by the Patriots as they have been supreme in Weeks 1 and 2 and I fully expect them to be 3-0 and beating this handicap.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Cincy/SF Under 38 @2.15 I've been bruned 2 straight weeks by taking the under in Cincy games but this one I feel will stay the course. The 49ers are hurting at WR and Alex Smith simply has not progressed from maybe his 2nd season in NFL, he's destined to be a career back up at best. The Bengals defense has played well against the run but they've given up some long plays to receivers especially Eric Decker last week. The 49ers don't have anyone that can do that except Vernon Davis but can Smith get him the ball? The 49ers defense held the Cowboys in check until Miles Austin got loose. They will double AJ Green with both Simpson and Shipley out, so I don't expect him to thrive lkike he did vs the Champ Bailyless Broncos.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Minnesota +3.5 up to -2.5 @2.65 Anytime the Vieks get points at home it must be considered. The Metrodome is worth 6 point home field advantage IMO. The Vikes played great in the 1st half last week but a couple of costly penalties really cost them the game and really prevented the Vikes from blowing out the Bucs, both calls were very quesitonable. The Lions looked great the past 2 weeks, but even the beating of the Chiefs was more of the Chiefs undoing. Countless 15 yard penalties, TOs, missed FG, fumbling an INT early it was real meltdown. The Chiefs did move the ball quite well early on. The Vikes can move the ball against the Lions and their defense will give Stafford trouble in the dome and bring the Lions down to earth. The Vikes season is basically on the line here and they haven't lost to Detroit at home since 1997!

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Denver Broncos at Tennessee Titans - Chris Johnson Over 76.5 rushing yards @ 1.76 (Bet 365) I think this is Chris Johnson's breakout game. His first two games haven't been fantastic, but he is getting better, and still managed over 50 yards against Baltimore (a tough rush defense) where the offense focused on using Hasselbeck. Johnson is more than capable of rushing 100+ yards and will face the weak rush defense of the Denver Broncos. The Raiders rushed them ragged, McFadden with 150 yards that game, and although the Bengals didn't do as well, Benson still reached 59 yards. Johnson is more than capable of beating this total, and I expect him to be a real force in this game.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Arizona @ Seattle over 40 (1.90 @ Ladbrokes) Some big trends pointing to the over here. Zona have allowed 20+ points in both games, and we can wipe Seattle's last @ Pits where they were always going to struggle. First game at home for them should see some points, and the Cards will certainly get there's on a pretty poor Seattle D. Great number. Atlanta @ TB over 43.5 (1.90 @ Lads) Another good number... League: 21-5 over (Av. total 40.3...av. score 46.9) road (-3 to +3) off a SU win as home dog with

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Dolphins +1 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Browns a little bit beat up, Dolphins play much better on the road. It will be tight, but Dolphins need this win bad. Raiders +3 -115 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think the Jets stall just enough on offense to give the Raiders a chance. After a tough loss last week, I think they bounce back Bears +4 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes This will be the best defense the Packers have faced so far this year and the Packers are weird on defense themselves. Though the O-line is terrible, I see the Bears putting up a lot of points. Redskins +4 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think the Redskins actually probably win the game. Even though they only won by 1 against the Cardinals, they out played them bad. Romo being injured has to play into this game.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman Over 240.5 passing yards @ 1.83 (Paddy Power) Freeman has gone over this total in both of his matches so far boasting some good numbers and completion rate. The Falcons have been weak on their pass offense allowing both Vick/Kafka and Cutler to get over 300 yards each in their opening two games. I expect Tampa Bay may want to exploit this and rely on Freeman to pass well. With the numbers he has posted up already, I think he is good enough for this responsibility and more than capable of beating 240 yards. New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles - Eli Manning Under 240.5 passing yards @ 1.91 (Skybet) The Eagles lost last week against the Falcons, in a game which shouldn't have been close. They was a big difference in yardage but they turned the ball over three times, and lost because of that. However, Matt Ryan didn't even reach 200 yards and that was the second week in a row they had kept a very good QB below 200 yards with Sam Bradford for the Rams struggling in Week 1. The Eagles have a strong pass defense and Eli Manning with the Giants, who have not looked brilliant will be up against it and I don't expect him to reach this total.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Vick Over 224.5 passing yards @ 1.83 (Paddy Power) With Vick supposedly starting in this game, this line is way off the mark. After a shaky Week 1 performance in which completing only 14 of 32 passes for 187 yards, he was much more assured against the Falcons with 19 of 28 passes for 242 yards before he got injured. He also put less emphasis on rushing in that game, and concentrated more on staying in the pocket, only running when it was really necessary. The Giants are in the bottom 10 in passing defense, but 3rd in rush defense, so I expect the Eagles offense to focus more on passing, and Vick can breeze past this total. Last year, in two games versus the Giants Vick got 500 yards in total.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks @ rick I'm on the Manning unders myself and would've been on Chris Johnson's overs but the price crashed. You look to have a good chance with all those performances, good luck! My take on some of the best performance lines on offer today :- Matt Stafford over 262.5 passing @ 1.86 Bodog 4pts He’s clearly looked very good this season pushing 300 years in each game. Should be more good opportunities for him here to end up around that mark. As long as he stays fit and upright then I’d expect this to come in. Adrian Peterson over 86.5 rushing @ 1.80 Bet365 4pts He’s too consistently around the 100 yard mark for this line to be offered. The best RB in the NFL and they will use him all day. I’d expect him to go 100+ based on his displays so far. Devery Henderson over 57.5 receiving @ 1.86 Bodog 5pts This game will be a passing shootout today and the ball will be in the air a lot. With now Colston it seems that Henderson is the no1 ‘go to’ man at NO right now. Has caught a lot of balls and yards already this year, he should easily go over this line. Andre Johnson over 92.5 receiving @ 1.91 Skybet 4pts Like I said, I expect this game to be a passing shootout and Johnson is due a really big game over 100 yards. This looks like it could be the day, there should be good opportunities to have a monster match. Cold McCoy Over 210.5 passing @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 4pts I will take his yardage for the 3rd straight week. I feel he is underestimated a bit and there will be chances to pass the ball against a weakfish looking Miami defence. This is quite a low line for a team who usually have a balanced offence, and with there being doubts over the fitness of Peyton Hillis. Thomas (dolphins) over 67.5 rushing @ 1.86 Bodog 4pts Looked really good last week rushing over 100 yards. He will take over from Bush as the main carrier and the opportunities will be there facing the Browns defence. Even if he just rushes half as well as last week he should easily cover this line. AJ Green over 57.5 receiving @ 1.86 Bodog 4pts The rookie took in 124 yards last week so this line of 57.5 seems low. He should get the most looks from Dalton here and I expect them to pass the ball a lot too. SF defence is good against the run so Benson might not be as effective. Looks good for Green to have another decent game. Anquan Boldin over 65.5 receiving @ 1.86 Bodog 4pts Lee Evans is out for the Ravens today so Boldin should get more looks. Already he’s looked sharp this season and Flacco has targeted him more. The Rams defence all round looks poor at the moment, there should be enough opportunities for a no1 WR to cover this line. Philip Rivers over 280.5 passing @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 5pts Rivers is an elite quarterback who pretty much goes over 300 yards most weeks. In a match like this I would expect him to crucify an awful looking KC defence which is really banged up. He could have afieled day and I expect he’ll throw close to 350 yards. Vincent Jackson over 78.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 5pts This bet goes hand in hand with Rivers and Jackson should have another big game. Last week he was superb and this is an excellent match up for him today. As long as he stays fit I’d expect him to receive over 100 yards here. Best of luck everyone today!

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Agree with most of those mm...just to be a jerk I'll start with the one I don't! :lol Rivers under 302.5 (1.80 @ 365) He won't have to throw more than 25 times here surely... ...Stafford 294 with a much more pass happy offense, Fitzpatrick wasn't even close (208). Rivers had a couple of big 300+ games due to being behind early... ...threw for 226 in a big home win in this match up last year. Could throw for a million, won't need to. Stafford over 270.5 (1.83 @ Lads) Yep, with little run support, Stafford's numbers will continue to be big. Nothing else to add to mm. Dalton over 205.5 (1.83 @ Lad) Can get it done...has a QB rating of over 100 thru these 2 games...SF have the best rush D (ypg) early, so expecting Dalton to cover this very low number easily. Newton over 255.5 (1.83 @ Lad) Going with the hot guy early. Jax pass D was awful last year...good numbers this year, but played two poor passing teams...Tenn with Hasselbeck first up, and Sanchez who didn't have to push anything. Newton has 2 x 400+ games... McCoy over 210.5 (1.83@ Lad) Miami getting passed on to the tune of 9.7 ypp! Sure, NE & Houst have just about the 2 best QB's going around, but another very low number...and he has topped it both games so far, v. two much better pass D's in Cinci and Indi. Bradford over 265.5 (1.83 @ Lads) SL moving the ball at will, just can't score! Balt haven't had a good pass D for the last couple of years...28th early, giving up over 300... ...SL without Jackson, and probably Williams, will be forced to throw often which should see him top this number. :cheers

Re: NFL Week Three Picks TazaD, thank you. I looked at Bradford, and I completely forgot to bet on him. Baltimore Ravens at St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford Over 250.5 passing yards @ 1.83 (BlueSQ) Can't elaborate much more, Baltimore not the strongest pass defense, giving up 280 yards to Big Ben in Week 1, even though they battered the Steelers, and over 350 yards to Hasselbeck. Rams rely on Bradford and the pass offense, this should be an over.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Carolina -6.5 @ 2.41 centrebet Carolina's QB Newton has exceeded expectations as he has showed some maturity in recording successive 400+ passing yards. He did very well against the Packers in the first quarter before getting ahead of himself and then started throwing INTs but showed enough to suggest that he can do well here. The Jags lost 32-3 to the Jets last week as they gave up 182 passing yards as well as 101 rushing yards, so like Newton to hook up with WR Smith once again as well as RB Stewart to do well in getting some yards on the ground. Gabbert come in for the Jags and it is a tough one as your first start is on the road. Expect his RB Jones-Drew to get plenty of carries as he has done well so far, but believe Carolina will be ready to stuff the run and bring up another player into the line. With the Jags struggling to score points, like Carolina to take alot rom last weeks game where they pushed the Packers all the way and win this one Philly -13.5 @ 2.64 centrebet Assuming that Vick starts, like the Eagles to do well on this Giants secondary that has seen both Grossman and Bradford throwing for 300+ yards and with a very good groupd of WRs to aim for, like them to continue to add to the 30+ points they have scored in both of their games. Expect the Giants to run the ball as WR Manningham is out, QB Manning is still having problems finding his targets and the Philly's secondary is quite good so far in their two games. Philly have had some problems stopping the run, so can see Bradshaw and Jacobs getting plenty of carries, but in their opening game of the season, can see Philly being too good for an injury riddled Giants side Cincinnati -6.5 @ 2.63 centrebet Cincinnati will look to rookie QB Dalton to continue his good form from last week when he threw for 332 yards and 2 TDs in the 24-22 loss to Denver. WRs Simpson and Green should get some receptions and yards here as the 49ers have allowed passing yards (345 and 2 TDs to Dallas last week) in both of their games while they have stopped the run quite well. SF will look to QB Smith to finally get his team going in their first road game of the season. However their offensive line has had its shareof problems as Smith got sacked 6 times last week while RB Gore had just 47 of the 74 yards they had on the ground. Like the Bengals defence to do enough here to contain Smith and Gore, but doubt that the SF secondary can stop Dalton and his WRs linking up, and like Cincinnati to win this one well Detroit -6.5 @ 2.44 centrebet Minnesota will look to focus on running the ball but they are up against a pretty good Detroit rush defence who have done pretty well so far this season. Minnesota have had their problems in moving the ball through the air, and with the Vikings likely to become one dimensional, then this makes it easier for Detroit to stop their offence. While Minnesota has a good rush defence that has allowed 182 yards in both of its games, but its secondary has allowed 578 yards and with Deroit's QB Stafford having thrown for 294 yards and 4 TDs last week against Kansas and 305 yards and 3 TDs on the road at Tampa Bay, then he looks good to link up with WR Johnson once again Baltimore -9.5 @ 2.61 centrebet Expect Baltimore to bounce back after losing last week to Tennessee against a St Louis side that were beaten by an injury ridden NY Giants side. Baltimore will look to QB Flacco to have a better game, while RB Rice has played well in both games this season, and with the St Louis defence allowing at least 28 points in both games, (as they gave up 200 passing yards and 119 rushing yards to the Giants), then expect them to get good field position, as they thrive on forcing the opposition into making mistakes and turnovers. They are very good at defending the run, and while their secondary has been exposed, its pass rush should put plenty of pressure on St Louis QB Bradford. San Diego -17.5 @ 2.49 centrebet Kansas have relied on their running game and now with Charles out, they look like they will continue to struggle to move the ball and like the Chargers to limit them here. On offence, SD will have QB Rivers looking to take advantage of a defence that has allowed 40+ points in each of their two games so far this season, as they allowed 208 passing yard and 4 TDs to Buffalo QB Fitzpatrick, and and 294 passing yards and 4 TDs to Detroit QB Stafford. Rivers is much better than both of them and like them to run up a score here Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.21 centrebet Green Bay should be able to continue to move the ball through the air as QB Rodgers has thrown for 312 yards and 3 TDs against New Orleans, and then 308 yards and 2 TDs against Carolina. Chicago has some injuries in the secondary which Rodgers should exploit, as they have allowed Atlanta's QB Ryan to throw for 312 yards, as well as New Orleans QB Brees for 270 yards and 3 TDs. The Packers rush defence has improved with just 81 rushing yards given up to NO and 71 yards to Carolina, so they will force Cutler to throw the ball, but the Packers have some good CBs and safety's looking to pick him off. Divisional rivals here, but the Packers are better on both sides of the ball Pittburgh -13.5 @ 2.28 centrebet Indy have allowed at least 27 points in each of their first two games as Houston had 220 passing yards and 167 rushing yards while Cleveland passed for 221 yards and ran for another 106 yards. Like the Steelers to score some points here as their QB Roethlisburger hooks up with WRs Wallace and Hines, while their defence should be too good for Indy, who are without their QB Manning and have had problems moving the ball. They allowed just 159 passing yards and 31 rushing yards to Seattle last week in the 24-0 win, and they will be looking to rush Indy's QB Collins as much as possible. Record: 5-8 (-0.62)

Re: NFL Week Three Picks

Agree with most of those mm...just to be a jerk I'll start with the one I don't! :lol Rivers under 302.5 (1.80 @ 365) He won't have to throw more than 25 times here surely... ...Stafford 294 with a much more pass happy offense, Fitzpatrick wasn't even close (208). Rivers had a couple of big 300+ games due to being behind early... ...threw for 226 in a big home win in this match up last year. Could throw for a million, won't need to.
we could actually both win on Rivers, if he passes 281-301 inclusively :p

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Record 3-6 (-1.31) New Orleans -9.5 to beat Houston @ 2.85 Centrebet Houston were 32nd on Pass D last season, and games against Collins and Henne shouldn't be allowed to mask that fact. They face a top QB tonight in Drew Brees and his array of weapons to aim at. Lance Moore is back in full training, and he, Meachem, Henderson et al can see the Saints to a double figure win here. Philadelphia -13.5 to beat NY Giants @ 2.64 Centrebet I really can see Eagles bouncing back from last week by torching a banged up Giants Defense this weekend. Manningham's also ruled out for the New Yorkers, and I can see something along the lines of a 31-10 or so tonight. Baltimore -9.5 to beat St Louis @ 2.56 Centrebet Ravens followed their excellent performance v Steelers with a below par one in Tennessee last weekend. They're on the road again tonight, but travel to a pretty banged up Rams team. I can see Rice having a big figure weekend from the backfield tonight against one of last season's poorest Rush Ds. Arizona -9.5 to beat Seattle @ 2.75 Centrebet Until I see evidence to the contrary I concur totally with Michael Lombardi's opinion that this Seahawks outfit looks more like an expansion team. Cards are far from great, but I think Kolb's been solid enough for them so far, and he can post some decent figures on the way to a double digit win v the 'hawks' poor Pass D. Tampa Bay -6.5 to beat Atlanta @ 2.75 Centrebet Atlanta come in with key men like Ryan and White, who although likely to suit up, are nursing soreness, and I don't think the Falcons offense can keep up with Tampa today. Freeman can beat on the visitors' Pass D which has not been great so far, and I can actually see a double digit win here, but not being greedy after getting so close to being a good winner last week but ending 0-5. Jacksonville @ Carolina: Special/Defensive TD - YES @ 2.40 Bet365 Newton's thrown INTs so far this season to accompany his gazillion Passing yards, and Gabbert gets the nod today for the Jags, and he didn't look 'there' quite yet in pre-season. I fancy there to be a good few INTs in this game, which then lends itself to the greater chance of there being one returned for a score.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks just watched my first NFL game of the year after being put off year by year by bad officiating and really shady calls. GB vs Bears, punt return for a touchdown to give chicago a chance and they call a hold on a guy who wasn't once within 3 yards of any of the opposition. Pretty hilarious how obvious they make the fix sometimes. Good luck for the rest of the season, I am off to search for a sport that isn't being raped by asian betting syndicates.

:sad Think I'm done with betting for a while.
Yeah, don't worry...the only reason I'm not joining you is some arrogant belief that I can't go any worse from here in... :wall ******* awful start to the season. Just have no decent read at all. :puke

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Carolina -6.5 @ 2.41 :( Needed another point Philly -13.5 @ 2.64 :( Vick goes down, and so do the Eagles. Junior Manning looks like his brother as he hits 4 TDs. Cincinnati -6.5 @ 2.63 :( Well so much for putting my faith in a poor side when you get beaten by an even worse side Detroit -6.5 @ 2.44 :( Doing enough to win the games but not a team that will blow out teams Baltimore -9.5 @ 2.61 :D Good win on the road and sets it up for the Jets clash next week. San Diego -17.5 @ 2.49 :( Like Roethelisburger, too inconsistent for my liking. Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.21 :D Another solid win but concerned how McCarthy tends to go conservative after they hit the lead when Rodgers was throwing all over the place to his WRS and TEs, by going to the RBs on more than 50% of the time. You have a top 3 QB in the league and you want to run the ball????? You only serve to keep the other team in the game rather than putting them to rest and then run the ball in the 4th and maybe the 3rd quarter. Pittburgh -13.5 @ 2.28 :( Give up 13 points in the first half to turnovers..... that offensive line is bad, while the Indy pass rush is pretty good - about the only way they will find a way to score this season. Pissed that i did not go with my instincts and put faith in teams based on last years form. Initially liked Buffalo and Oakland who are punching above their wait. Would not be surprised that Buffalo beat Cincinnati on the road next week and Oakland beat NE after beating the Jets today. Record: 7-14 (-3.80)

blackcrow up until this week we saw the Lions beat 2 teams by over 30 for a combined 90 point effort. How do you mean they wont blow teams out?
Kansas is the only side they have beaten by 30+? I thought they would beat TB and Minnesota much more comfortably. They beat Tampa Bay 27-20 in Week 1 after leading 27-13 midway through the 3rd quarter, then they started running the ball, yet you have Stafford picking apart their secondary with over 300 yards. TB fumbles when they are in the red zone and then they score a TD in their next drive, so they could have been tied up. You may refer to killing time by running the ball, but when you have a team on the backfoot, you need to punish them. Week 2, they do smash a hapless Kansas side 48-3 but they struggled to overcome Minnesota on the weekend, when they were were down 20-0 and then came back to win 23-20 in OT. Sure it is a divisional game, but the Vikings have not got much going right now, and should have been easy to prepare to shut down AP. Partly talking through my pocket, but with the changes to personnel on both sides of the ball, really thought their defence would be better, while their offence i thought would be scoring more, especially with the combination of Stafford and Johnson. Reminds me of the Packers right now where they will do enough to win the game without extending themselves when they can.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks I went 5-5 for my bets yesterday. Needed 1 more yard from Colt McCoy and it would've been 6-4 with profit........... Ah well For tonights game I fancy a few :- Jason Witten OVER 70.5 receiving @ 1.86 Bodog 6pts With Austin out and Bryant majorly doubtful, I think its obvious Witten gets plenty of the ball tonight. He usually does anyway, but his chances are now further increased. Add that to the fact Felix Jones probably wont be fit enough to do that much rushing, I think the boys will look to air it tonight much more. All in all I expect Witten to receive at least 85-90+ yards and this line looks too low. Kevin Ogletree OVER 45.5 receiving yards @ 1.80 Bet365 4pts With no Austin and Bryant not 100%, then there will be chances for the other receivers. Ogletree is one of those who should profit from this and see his fair share of the ball tonight. He can catch a ball as last week proved, obtaining 50 yards from just a couple of receptions. With more opportunities then I would expect him to gain over 45.5 tonight. Felix Jones UNDER 52.5 rushing yards @ 1.86 Bodog 3pts Felix Jones UNDER 22.5 receiving yards @ 1.86 Bodog 2pts With him having a dislocated shoulder, I would be surprised to see him on the field much tonight. Of course, he might become inactive which would make these bets void, but I’m kinda hoping he gets the green light. Jones hasn’t really ran well so far anyway, it doesn’t look like the sort of night where he will put up many big numbers. Due to his potential lack of field time, I’ll take the two under bets. Fred Davis OVER 60.5 receiving yards @ 1.76 Bet365 5pts Fred Davis OVER 4 receptions @ 1.80 Bodog 3pts Davis has been a real revelation and received over 200 yards this season so far. He looks really sharp and Grossman regularly passes him the ball, becoming one of his favourites. I expect him to go well again tonight and collect in the region of 75-90 yards. This line of 60 looks too much and I will also have a bet on his total receptions being over 4. So far this year he’s collected more than that in both games, so I’m looking for a repeat display. Roy Helu OVER 35.5 rushing and receiving yards @ 1.86 Bodog 3pts Helu certainly impressed last week rushing for 74 yards in just 10 carries. Supposedly he will soon be splitting the carries with Hightower and although its unlikely to be 50/50 tonight, I would still expect him to get a decent chance of running the ball. Add that to the fact he can always receive yards too, this line looks a bit low for both disciplines. He is capable of covering this with either rushing or receiving, so I’ll definitely take the overs. Best of luck everyone :ok

Record 3-6 (-1.31) New Orleans -9.5 to beat Houston @ 2.85 Centrebet Philadelphia -13.5 to beat NY Giants @ 2.64 Centrebet Baltimore -9.5 to beat St Louis @ 2.56 Centrebet Arizona -9.5 to beat Seattle @ 2.75 Centrebet Tampa Bay -6.5 to beat Atlanta @ 2.75 Centrebet Jacksonville @ Carolina: Special/Defensive TD - YES @ 2.40 Bet365
Again, feel 'unlucky' with the NO and TB wins, but you can only say that so many times. 4-11 (-5.05)

Re: NFL Week Three Picks One for me tonight. 4pts Washington to beat Dallas 2.55 Ladbrokes Dallas' first home game tonight but I think the Skins can upstage them in their own stadium. Dallas are heavily bashed up on offence with Romo having a punctured lung last week and if he plays here can't be fully fit. Miles Austin is definitely out while Felix Jones could also be out. Dez Bryant is expected to return but again just how fit is he? That will leave Jason Witten having to get through a lot of work but just how long will Tony Romo be able to play for? Washington head to Dallas unbeaten with Rex Grossman surprising many with the way he's leading the offence. He's tied up with Fred Davis almost immediately and has the likes of Santana Moss and Gaffney as throwing options along with Hightower and Helu running the ball and balancing the offense. Washington are set to bring Landry back into the defense tonight alongside a very talented defense. Washington have really impressed me so far this season in offense and defense and I think they can take advantage of the Cowboys bashed up offense to take the win in the Monday night game.

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Washington -2.5 @ 2.55centrebet Dallas has QB Romo with sore ribs so the Washington defence will look to soften him up. They have been throwing the ball quite a bit as he threw for 345 yards against a poor SF secondary, with Austin getting 2 TDs. But he wil be without Austin and WR Bryant is playing injured, which puts more pressure on him to do well, as well as the running game to step up. But RB Jones is also playing injured. Hard to see them much on offence given these injury concerns and with Washington's pass rush getting 3 sacks last week against Arizona, as well as an INT, those ribs may be cooked after this game, especially as they have some rookies on the OL. The Redskins also should be strengthened in the secondary with the return of Landry. Washington's QB Grossman is finding some form and with a couple of good targets in Moss and TE Davis, while they will look to run the ball with another couple of good RBs in Helu and Hightower. Dallas did a good job in defence against SF last week, as they allowed just 206 yards of offence, with 6 sacks and an INT, but Washington's OL allowed just 1 sack to Arizona last week. If they can hold out a pretty good Dallas pass rush, they can give Grossman time to pick apart a below par Dallas secondary. Dallas have allowed at least 24 points in each of their first two games, while Washington has scored at least 22 points on both of their first two games, and Dallas have scored at least 24 points in each of these two games, they are facing a much more improved and healthier Washington defence that has allowed 14 and 21 points in their first two games. Record: 7-14 (-3.80)

Re: NFL Week Three Picks Nothing original to add that hasn't been said already Washington -2.5 to beat Dallas @ 8/5 Bet365 Romo's as banged up as I have been the last 2 weeks in these threads. It's all very well wearing protection, but the damage is already there. I'd actually be surprised if he made it to the end for every Cowboys snap. With the likes of Jones and Bryant also playing through injury, the Redskins will be looking to execute some early game-ending hits on Dallas' main offensive hopes. For the visitors, Grossman has started his career in the capital well, and he and Fred Davis can further enhance a burgeoning link-up to put the game out of the reach of the bashed up hosts.

Kansas is the only side they have beaten by 30+? I thought they would beat TB and Minnesota much more comfortably. They beat Tampa Bay 27-20 in Week 1 after leading 27-13 midway through the 3rd quarter, then they started running the ball, yet you have Stafford picking apart their secondary with over 300 yards. TB fumbles when they are in the red zone and then they score a TD in their next drive, so they could have been tied up. You may refer to killing time by running the ball, but when you have a team on the backfoot, you need to punish them. Week 2, they do smash a hapless Kansas side 48-3 but they struggled to overcome Minnesota on the weekend, when they were were down 20-0 and then came back to win 23-20 in OT. Sure it is a divisional game, but the Vikings have not got much going right now, and should have been easy to prepare to shut down AP. Partly talking through my pocket, but with the changes to personnel on both sides of the ball, really thought their defence would be better, while their offence i thought would be scoring more, especially with the combination of Stafford and Johnson. Reminds me of the Packers right now where they will do enough to win the game without extending themselves when they can.
Yep your right, I was thinking of the Bills