** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League > 25th August

Spooner

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August

Don't do accumulators often' date=' but can't help picking up 4 games with more than just obvious winners [b']PSV, AZ, Apoel Tel Aviv and Schalke 04, odds @ 2,18 with bet365. Even if any of these 4 teams fail to qualify, all Home Wins look obvious. The bookmakers are happy with exactly this kind of bets - one game ruins thousands of accumulators all over. Still, I staked heavy 8 points on these 4, following the logic of the game itself. I checked the Asian H'cap lines in all 4, none of them is set good to me, way too high for way too low odds - so with average stakes of 4 to 6 points and H'cap Singles at THESE ODDS if 2 games fail me I would lose up to 5 points. Decided to go for the obvious, and just forget these games for further bets. Except in-play of course... GL
Never mind the H'caps all coming in, happy enough with the high stake and the outcome....:ok

Three things look attractive to me : -- Goal/Goal in Rennes @ 2,00...As much as the Serbs look out of Europa League, they have a good attacking potential, and scoring in France is not as far as 2,00 with bet365. Staked 4 points... -- Over 2,5 Goals in Larnaca @ 2,10 ...The Cypriots are through with a single goal, but it is not in the nature of Norwegian teams to go out and defend a 0-0 result. These odds are to high to ignore...Staked 3,5 points... -- Anderlecht Team Goals Over 1,5 @ 1,66 - way too high IMO. The Turks got nothing to lose, they needs to score. Will they manage - no idea, but leaving more space to an excellent counter-attacking team like Anderlecht deserves more respect - 8 points with bet365. GL
Not bad here either, but the picks posted in Midweek Bets made my day, with Sevilla still to come :D:D:D

Anderlecht-Bursaspor Line-ups (not sure) Anderlecht: Proto, Odoi, Samuel, Juhasz, Safari, Biglia, Kljestan, Legaer, Jovanovic, Canesin, Suarez Bursaspor: Carson, Öztürk, Stepanov, N'Diaye, Serdar, Wederson, Ipek, Insua, Batalla, Kirita, Bangura. Bursaspor will change their team in 3 positions: Ozturk, Stepanov and Kirita are dropped in the team. Anderlecht has now a better line-up then the last match against Bursa. Kanu isn't in the team :D, Jovanovic will take his place. Juhasz is back, so Kouyaté will start on the bench. Anderlecht was much better then Bursa in the last game and they won 1-2. So Anderlecht to win @ 1.65 6pts
Oh dear, FT 2-2 Horrible match, Bursaspor had 3 chances and scored twice

THis is a clear under match in my eyes.Tottenham won't do much and with those few young players they won't break the Scottish defense quickly.under 3' date='5 with highstakes.[/quote'] Poor match and clear under,I was lucky that I bet with high stakes on this match:cigar:cigar:cigar

Sport Football (Europa League) Event Stoke City vs FC Thun Selection Clean Sheet - Stoke City Strength 10/10 Date 25/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.90 Reasoning Out of the 5 official games Stoke has played since the start of the seaosn 4 out of 5 of them have ended with Stoke having a clean sheet. Stoke also won the 1st leg 0:1 while keeping a clean sheet. I expect Stoke's defense to be too much FC Thun once again. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Sevilla vs Hannover Selection Over 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 25/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 1.72 Reasoning 1st leg ended 2-1 in favor of Sevilla. Both teams are not shy of scoring and both teams' defense isn't exactly tight. Like I mentioned, Sevilla have been an overs team in pre-season winning all 5 matches with 4 out of 5 going over 2.5 goals. The 1st leg also went over 2.5 goals. Sevilla need to go on the attack if they want to have any chance of going through and Hannover knows that Sevilla's away goal is crucial and will try to score one themselves. I see Over 2.5 goals coming in with ease with this match between two attacking minded teams. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Spartak Moscow v Legia Warszawa Selection Over 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 25/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.96 Reasoning The 1st leg ended 2:2. The 2nd leg is finely poised with the home team already ahead in terms of away goals. They know that as long as they score one goal the away team will need two to win and on top of that the home team knows that they are through on away goals as it is and may choose to sit back and attack on the counter when the away team pushes up for a goal which they do need if they want to stand a chance of proceeding through to the next round. Sport Football (Europa League) Event Young Boys vs Braga Selection Under 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 25/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning The 1st leg ended 0:0. 5 out of the last 6 matches played by each team has ended Under 2.5 goals. I do not see how this game will have 3 or more goals in it seeing how two teams who do not concede and score a lot are playing each other. I would not be suprised if this game ends with just one goal in favor of either side. Its got to be the unders for me in this fixture.
Sighs, dire from me today with only one coming in. God knows how Young Boys' game ended with Over 2.5 goals, bloody Stoke conceded a cheap goal all cos they got sloppy/lazy due to them being 4-0 up, and well Sevilla's game was 1-1 at half-time, pity one more goal didn't come. That game had loads of chances for both sides in the second half. Sorry to those that followed :$

God knows how Young Boys' game ended with Over 2.5 goals
FT: 2-2 I saw quite a bit of the game. Both teams started cautiously, but after Braga took the lead in the first half, it very slowly started to open up as Young Boys pressed for an equaliser, knowing they were now behind on away goals. Braga looked threatening on the break, and you could see that more goals were likely. I thought Braga were the better team tonight, and probably deserve to go through over the two legs.

Tottenham v Hearts Yes Spurs will field a weakened team tonight but I still expect them to win quite comfortably, Spurs reserve team should be at least a level or two above the Edinburgh side. I would also expect the players Harry will rest/rotate will be in the forward positions so their defence will still be fairly strong with Cudicini or Gomes in goal. Hearts barely threatened Spurs last week apart from a very brief spell after half time so I am expecting Spurs to run out 1 or 2 goals to nil winners. Selection: Spurs clean sheet @ 2.07 with Betfair - 3 units:nana
Sion v Celtic I can't have us as favourites in 90 minutes here so there is some value in Sion. As is well documented our away record in Europe is awful and much will depend on late fitness tests of 3 of our best players Kayal, Hooper and Wilson. Celtics defence has looked very suspect the last 3 games and failed to score in the other end in the last two. It might be worth waiting for team news but at the moment the Sion victory looks too good a price to pass up. Selection: Sion to win @ 2.84 with >Betfair - 2 units:nana
Full house. great mid-week for me hopefully carries through to the weekend :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 25th August Must say congratulations to Shamrock Rovers tonight, fantastic achievement! :clap At least we won't have to hear from the various Partizan supporters for the rest of the season about how they will destroy every team they face! :lol..defeated by a team that operates on a tenth of their budget.

Plenty of matches involving teams I follow tonight but just the one bet for me ... - Maribor +1AH v Rangers @ 2.14 with Pinnacle Utterly unconvinced that Rangers are the better side so really surprised to see the Slovenian champions on such a high plus. Maribor came back from a goal down to win the first leg 2-1. They are an attacking, youthful side, with players such as Volas who can cause any team problems. Rangers come into this without Naismith, a key component of their attack, and their defence still has a bit of naivety in it with players such as McMillan. Ibrox is not the European fortress it once was - they lost to an average Malmo side here and haven't been as clinical as one would expect - despite the scorelines, they've struggled against Hearts, Inverness and Motherwell domestically. Maribor won't fear a trip to Govan, and I'd be surprised if they lost this by more than a goal, if at all. :hope
gratz for winning this one.. :nana :nana :nana it was a nerve wrecking game for me as we defended for our lives, but we're through xD after 12 years we play in group stages again :nana :nana

- Maribor +1AH v Rangers @ 2.14 with Pinnacle
Rangers 1-1 Maribor - WIN Bookies really underestimated the Slovenian side's changes. Every Scottish team now out of Europe though. Some nice winners on this thread chaps, great work :ok