** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 20 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Altrincham FC v Histon (15:00 BST) 4/5 11/4 3 106.49 %
maximize.gif Blyth Spartans v Bishop's Stortford (15:00 BST) 4/7 3 5 105.70 %
maximize.gif Boston United v Vauxhall Motors (15:00 BST) 1/2 7/2 5 105.56 %
maximize.gif Colwyn Bay v Eastwood Town (15:00 BST) 7/5 13/5 6/4 108.74 %
maximize.gif Corby Town v Hyde FC (15:00 BST) 8/11 14/5 7/2 106.34 %
maximize.gif Droylsden v Nuneaton Town (15:00 BST) 5/4 13/5 21/10 104.48 %
maximize.gif Gloucester City v Workington (15:00 BST) 6/5 13/5 2 106.41 %
maximize.gif Hinckley United v Harrogate Town (15:00 BST) 6/4 13/5 6/4 107.07 %
maximize.gif Solihull Moors v Guiseley (15:00 BST) 9/5 13/5 5/4 107.58 %
maximize.gif Stalybridge Celtic v Gainsborough Trinity (15:00 BST) 5/6 13/5 3 106.89 %
maximize.gif Worcester City v FC Halifax Town (15:00 BST) 12/5 13/5 1/1 107.19 %
BlueSQ Bet South Saturday 20 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Basingstoke Town v Sutton United (15:00 BST) 1/1 13/5 9/4 108.55 %
maximize.gif Bromley v Maidenhead United (15:00 BST) 9/20 10/3 6 105.04 %
maximize.gif Dartford v Hampton & Richmond (15:00 BST) 8/15 3 9/2 108.78 %
maximize.gif Dorchester Town v Eastbourne Borough (15:00 BST) 13/8 13/5 7/5 107.54 %
maximize.gif Farnborough v Welling United (15:00 BST) 13/10 5/2 15/8 107.14 %
maximize.gif Havant & Waterlooville v Chelmsford City (15:00 BST) 13/10 13/5 8/5 109.72 %
maximize.gif Staines Town v Salisbury City (15:00 BST) 6/4 13/5 7/5 109.10 %
maximize.gif Thurrock v Weston-super-Mare (15:00 BST) 6/5 13/5 2 106.68 %
maximize.gif Tonbridge Angels v Eastleigh (15:00 BST) 7/5 13/5 13/8 107.47 %
maximize.gif Truro City v Dover Athletic (15:00 BST) 9/5 13/5 13/10 106.72 %
maximize.gif Woking v Boreham Wood (15:00 BST) 11/20 14/5 9/2 108.01 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20 Coral have some early shows on the Ryman and Evo-Stik Northern. More on these later when I get a thread up, but Bury Town are overpriced at 10/11 for the trip to Horsham, who are still a mix of triallists bedding in. I also think Wingate & Finchley are a touch of value at 7/4 away at Hastings United, who are haven't done much in the summer to suggest they are any stronger than last season. In the Northern Prem, I'm prepared to back North Ferriby and their porous defence - they have faced two decent sides in FCUM and Chorley, but at 6/5 they can get their season up and running at Burscough.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20

Your views on these league are always very helpful boys' date=' confident on Blyth yes? just that theyre form so far this season doesnt look that great.[/quote'] That's fair comment, and goals conceded aren't looking too clever. But they are a squad taking on new ideas under Steve Cuggy and they have scored a couple against a good Halifax side, and came back well at Histon in a game they bossed for long spells. For me, a crucial element in the bet is Bishop's Stortford, who have looked poor all season. They apparently looked okay in spells last night, but Corby were so far ahead by then it didn't really matter. I'm taking on the Blyth HT-FT though, as I think the visitors may start slowly. The price about the match bet has come in and is only marginal value.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20 Ships is right its more a case of Stortford looking terrible so far. Blyth have apparently played well though and given Halifax are favs to win the league it seems a decent effort from them on Tuesday. Blue Square are 10/11 Blyth on the handicap.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20 A bit more on the two already recommended... Altrincham at home to Histon (best now 4/5) It's fair to say that thus far Alty haven't impressed, but Histon have. I'm prepared, however, to overlook that as I think Altrincham will be decent performers this season and they should offer more of challenge than anything Histon have faced so far this season. Histon's two draws have been typically hard-working and slightly fraught, but they'll be missing Omar Riza, who is one of their few class acts. The initial 10/11 was an excellent price, but 4/5 isn't too shabby. Blyth Spartans at home to Bishop's Stortford (4/7, HT-FT Blyth 6/5) Both the match bet and the HT/FT Blyth have come in and don't rate as great value now. After a sobering introduction to life in the section, the last thing Bishop's Stortford need is a trip to Blyth, who are conceding but also looking in decent nick going forward. Blyth are still getting used the new management team, who have released Robert Dale to everyone's surprise, but they are getting decent performances out of a squad who man for man look a fair bit stronger than the visitors.

That's fair comment' date=' and goals conceded aren't looking too clever. But they are a squad taking on new ideas under Steve Cuggy and they have scored a couple against a good Halifax side, and came back well at Histon in a game they bossed for long spells. For me, a crucial element in the bet is Bishop's Stortford, who have looked poor all season. They apparently looked okay in spells last night, but Corby were so far ahead by then it didn't really matter. I'm taking on the Blyth HT-FT though, as I think the visitors may start slowly. The price about the match bet has come in and is only marginal value.[/quote'] Shipup, I take my hat off to you, your knowledge of football at this level is astounding. :notworthy Post after post you reveal titbits that show you know what's going on at this level.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20 Given the general views on here about Bishop's Stortford, Colwyn Bay's winning start to the season at Stortford last Saturday may not have amounted to much. Sure enough Bay slumped to a disappointing home defeat in midweek against Hyde. They could be in for more of the same against Eastwood Town tomorrow. Eastwood were trailing 2-0 at home to Droylsden in their opening fixture but came back to gain a morale-boosting last minute equaliser. They went to Solihull Moors in midweek and won 2-0. Unsurprisingly Eastwood's man of the match in each game has been centre forward Lee Morris. He was excellent for Kidderminster last season without scoring the goals his all round play merited. Morris scored both early goals in midweek, and Eastwood were able to shut up shop and squeeze the home side out of the game. There's a good chance that Eastwood will achieve more of the same at Colwyn Bay, and I make them a very solid 6/4 shot (generally available).

Given the general views on here about Bishop's Stortford, Colwyn Bay's winning start to the season at Stortford last Saturday may not have amounted to much. Sure enough Bay slumped to a disappointing home defeat in midweek against Hyde. They could be in for more of the same against Eastwood Town tomorrow. Eastwood were trailing 2-0 at home to Droylsden in their opening fixture but came back to gain a morale-boosting last minute equaliser. They went to Solihull Moors in midweek and won 2-0. Unsurprisingly Eastwood's man of the match in each game has been centre forward Lee Morris. He was excellent for Kidderminster last season without scoring the goals his all round play merited. Morris scored both early goals in midweek, and Eastwood were able to shut up shop and squeeze the home side out of the game. There's a good chance that Eastwood will achieve more of the same at Colwyn Bay, and I make them a very solid 6/4 shot (generally available).
Having watching Colwyn Bay it was a bet I looked at but I didnt think the 6/4 was massive value. Dont forget that Droylsden were down to 10-men in that first game. Im still trying to weigh up how Eastwood will do this season, if they had of been around 2/1 Id have backed them to win this though.

A bit more on the two already recommended... Altrincham at home to Histon (best now 4/5) The initial 10/11 was an excellent price, but 4/5 isn't too shabby.
Definitely shows the value of getting in early. Best now (that I can find) 8/11 with Stan James. I like Alty too and mentioned it Das Phantom earlier in the week but shan't bother at that price. In the South I like Eastbourne at Dorchester. Contrary to current form I know but Dorchester are falsely placed after Tuesdays home thrashing of a very lightweight Maidenhead and Eastbourne lost narrowly at in form (and maybe over achieving?) Dartford. Don't bet the farm but worth a dip at 5/4 with Stan James.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 20 Blyth Spartans v Bishops Stortford I am still really happy to take Stortford on and they look in a real mess right now having suffered a heavy 6-1 defeat at Corby on Wednesday which came after their loss to Colwyn Bay which I witnessed. Blyth’s games so far have seen plenty of goals with a 2-2 draw against Histon followed by a 3-2 defeat by pre-season title favourites Halifax. They may not have won yet but both performances were solid and this looks a perfect time to be playing Stortford. The other thing to factor in is the massive trip for the away side which comes on the back of being at Corby on Tuesday. I can see this being quite an easy win for Blyth and am happy to back them on the handicap at 10/11 with Blue Square and HT/FT at 6/5 with bet365. Bromley v Maidenhead Maidenhead appear to be as bad (maybe even worse) than Bishops Stortford. They have lost their first two games of the Blue Square South season 4-0 against Tonbridge Angels and Dorchester, neither of which you would expect to be near the top come the end of the season. It looked like they might be capable of improving on their poor effort last season but these first two games suggest otherwise. Bromley meanwhile have won both their games so far, including beating Boreham Wood 4-0 on Tuesday night. They look in decent shape and will be disappointed if they can’t beat Maidenhead at home. I’m happy to take them on the handicap with Blue Square at 11/10.