** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 12th of August

Night Lily - Kempton 8:50 C+D winner twice, distance winner 5 times. Won at Nottingham three runs back and although the handicapper has put an awful lot of weight on him for tomorrow, Night Lily's record at Kempton reads 2-1-1-2 from four runs so the horse loves Kempton. Liam Jones has a good record on the horse also reading 9-7-1-2-3-1, has a nice sit in stall 3 and should go well. Win @ 9/1 (Hills) BOG

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 4.20 Newbury Oneladyowner - has a little to prove after poor run at Thirsk last time but has eased in the weights and ran a nice little race at Chester previously, when hampered but staying on in the closing stages. Not had much racing and likely better to come. 14/1 Paddypower, 1 pt

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 1 point win liberty ship 8.00 catterick @ sp liberty ship was just caught on the line by blown it last time out over 5 furlongs but is well better at the weights tomorrow and i expect liberty ship to reverse that form,liberty ship is 2 wins from its last 4 races with its 2 defeats (2 seconds) being by a head and a neck.a course and distance winner if fit should have a great chance

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 1 pt ew Flowing Cape - 6.00 Newmarket Flowing cape's form seems to have a clear divide between class 3 and 4. Last 3 runs have come in class 3 and he has been outclassed without being disgraced. Previous to that he ran in 3 class 4 races over todays trip finishing 2nd, 2nd, 1st. the latter two races involved finishing runner up to and then beating the very progressive Collect Art. I think he is overpriced at 20/1 and is worth a ew bet.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 3.20 Newcastle Coolminx has slipped to a very low mark and with the ground in her favour should have a very good chance here. Stable doing much better now than when she last ran and ran well on her only two runs here which were in better races than this. Best chance for a while to get back on track and should go very close. 1 Pt win 5/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 1:40 Newcastle - Quick Bite - Back He's absolutely the standout pick on form here. Has cone 2nd on each of his last 2 starts and that gives him a huge chance here. He's the most experienced horse in the field and has produced more than any of the others with runs and should be able to put his experience to good use against the debutants 1pt win @ 8/13 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 740 Newmarket: Hot Spice 1pt (4/1 WH) 16 runners in this class 5 handicap but the race contains a lot of exposed out of form horses and I expect this to rest between Hot Spice and Rajnagan. The selection won at Haydock over this trip and was then was down the field at Pontefract, he was hampered that day and is best ignored. Johnny Murtagh comes over to take the ride and I reckon he still has some improvement and can go close here.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 6.35 Newmarket: Greek War 1pt win @ 9/1 Will Hill BOG Sent off favourite on debut and ran well for a way before finishing 5th beaten 3 lengths. Didn't go unbacked that day and no surprise to see this horse give the odds on favourite a real fright here. Faces different conditions today encountering a sound surface and stepping up a furlong, which on breeding looks sure to help, and feel that the 9/1 available offers solid value.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August Farlow put a nice dinner on the table last Saturday night and he's already been tipped up BUT am happy to pass him over. He sure has won 3 times but the jockey thats been on his back those 3 times aint on his back in the 4:20 I'll take a wee cash bet and make this one my BBOTD and side with trainer Mr Clive Cox. His 3 yr old gelding only has the 2 runs and after a nice long break he could still be anything, he's sure to get the trip runs off a feather weight and am sure now Jockey Alan Kirby will know today what tactics to win a race like this. Newbury 4:20 Seeking Magic 1pt win 17/2 Sportingbet In need of a winner, in need of some Magic.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 8.50 Kempton - 1pt win Night Lily @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes) - BOG Really competitive handicap over a mile, but despite this, I am very keen on the chances of Paul D'arcy's classy mare. She's a better animal on the polytrack, but has been running well enough on turf recently, so she's in good heart even though she'll be racing off a mark of 95 back on her beloved polytrack. She had a very progressive profile on the surface, and boasts a highly impressive record of 2111612 over a mile on the polytrack. She was only beaten a head on both occasions she was second, and the 6th came after a break off the track, so you can easily forgive that effort. She's obviously gone up in the handicap for this, but her running style means she never gets massive hikes as she typically runs them down late on. Her most recent effort on the polytrack came in a listed event over c&d back in April. Had this been a handicap, she'd have been getting plenty of weight from several of her rivals - only 2 of her 10 opponents were rated lower than her, so to finish a very close 2nd was highly respectable off level weights. She effectively ran to a higher mark on that occasion, so a new mark of 95 might not be able to stop her back in a handicap. She should be flying at the finish, and with luck from a good draw in stall 3, can win this in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August

4.20 Newbury Oneladyowner - has a little to prove after poor run at Thirsk last time but has eased in the weights and ran a nice little race at Chester previously, when hampered but staying on in the closing stages. Not had much racing and likely better to come. 14/1 Paddypower, 1 pt
Well done fella, poor rides by 2nd and 3rd home.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 6:00 Jack Rackham @ Newmarket - Has won at the distance before and is running off the same mark as its last win.Ground will be no problem and has a good jockey booked in Tom Eaves an can go close at a good price 0.5pt E/W @ 20/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD 12th of August Fair Bunny - 8.30 Catterick (1pt win 25-1 BET365 BOG) Creditable third after starting very badly over 6f at same course LTO. Definite mud-lover so you can discount seasonal reappearance two runs ago on GF. The 7f is a question mark, but hasn't previously raced over this distance with cut in the ground, and certainly seemed to be staying on over 6f last time. Doesn't look badly handicapped, racing off 47 now, having won off 52 last August. Worth a chance at 25-1 in a pretty dreadful race.

Re: BBOTD 12th of August 8.50 Kempton Suited and Booted 20/1 SkyBet This horse has finally started to hit a little form after finishing 3rd at Lingfield and then looking very unlucky at Goodwood behind Red Gulch. With a clear run today I can see him getting very close to that horse. At the prices he looks a good bet after shaping with plenty of promise last time out.

8.50 Kempton Suited and Booted 20/1 SkyBet This horse has finally started to hit a little form after finishing 3rd at Lingfield and then looking very unlucky at Goodwood behind Red Gulch. With a clear run today I can see him getting very close to that horse. At the prices he looks a good bet after shaping with plenty of promise last time out.
I had a saver e/w on this horse CPO but i was looking around every firm for a good price and the best price i got on at was 16/1 and that was before your post went up! 20/1 has not been available with Skybet since 2:15 , correct me if im wrong bud!!

8.50 Kempton Suited and Booted 20/1 SkyBet This horse has finally started to hit a little form after finishing 3rd at Lingfield and then looking very unlucky at Goodwood behind Red Gulch. With a clear run today I can see him getting very close to that horse. At the prices he looks a good bet after shaping with plenty of promise last time out.
Was 14/1 at time of post.