France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August)

Atko

Friday 12 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAC Arles-Avignon v FC Nantes (19:00 BST) 2.08 3.2 4.52 101.45 %
maximize.gifAmiens SC v Le Havre AC (19:00 BST) 2.25 3.2 3.91 101.27 %
maximize.gifAngers SCO v Istres (19:00 BST) 1.8 3.36 6.11 101.68 %
maximize.gifCS Sedan Ardennes v Clermont Foot (19:00 BST) 1.72 3.6 6.53 101.23 %
maximize.gifSC Bastia v Le Mans FC (19:00 BST) 1.94 3.41 4.84 101.53 %
maximize.gifStade Lavallois v US Boulogne (19:00 BST) 2.18 3.25 4.1 101.03 %
maximize.gifTours v LB Châteauroux (19:00 BST) 1.88 3.46 4.9 102.50 %
maximize.gifEn Avant Guingamp v FC Metz (19:20 BST) 2 3.4 4.6 101.15 %
Saturday 13 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifRC Lens v Troyes AC (13:30 BST) 1.87 3.3 5.19 102.85 %
Monday 15 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAS Monaco v Stade Reims (19:30 BST) 1.92 3.3 4.88 102.74 %

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) This is already quite a big week for the 'top' teams after some poor results. Lens and Monaco both have the sort of home matches that they must win if they are to attain promotion this year. Lens especially, after two defeats, know a win against Troyes is a must. I have to say, at the moment I just make them a bet, although I'll need to think about hitting them. I wouldn't be taking Monaco, however, at the current price, even though Guily is back. Reims have been good this year, extremely solid and tough to break down, so it'll need to creep above evens before I get involved. On first look, I make Arles a bet to beat Nantes at home, and I'd also be inclined to look at Amiens. They beat Le Havre on Tuesday in the cup and the sides meet again. Goals is another option there, as both teams like to attack, and Le Havre are probably still without Placide in goal - Boucher is not an adequate replacement, even if he can save penalties. Sedan, Angers and Guingamp all look a little short to me as well, and although I expect Bastia to beat Le Mans, that price isn't appealling either - I think the value lies with Le Mans, who aren't as bad as their results have suggested. Doubt, however, if I'd back them away at present, especially against Bastia, who are strong at the Furiani. Laval were great at home last year, but look weaker this season, and I'd be hesitant to back them to beat Boulogne unless team news dictates differently. I expect to hit some bets tomorrow morning when all the team-news becomes available, and I'll post them up here. Fingers crossed for a good weekend. Here's my early shortlist ... Early shortlist - Arles -0.5AH - Amiens -0.25AH - Amiens/Le Havre o2AH - Lens -0.5AH - Reims +0.5AH

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Going with 4 for Friday :- Bastia -0.75 AH @ 2.17 (5/10) 188bet Bastia have performed even better than I expected they would so far this season. They have excellent momentum, confidence and belief in their squad right now and are proving to be a formidable obstacle. Here at home in front of their own fans at a difficult stadium and atmosphere, I think it’ll be too much for Le Mans to handle. I’ve said many times already this season that I simply don’t rate them this season, the squad is far too young and inexperienced. They managed to scrape a 2-0 win in the cup on Tuesday night away at Istres, but in the ligue so far successive defeats has left them with 0pts. Once again, the Bastia squad is in excellent condition and they have no injuries or suspensions to worry about. I think they’ll win comfortably tonight, hence why I’m taking them on the -0.75 AH. I don’t think the value is all that great, but I’m pretty confident they’ll collect the 3 points. Angers -0.75 AH @ 1.97 4/10 pinnacle Angers have only picked up 1 point from their first 2 ligue games, although goodness knows how they haven’t obtained more. They battered Le Havre in their opening match, but somehow lost missing 2 penalties in the process. Then last week they were 3-1 up against Boulogne and blew it to only draw 3-3. Clearly they have choked a bit, but amongst all that they’ve played some pretty decent football. Istres meanwhile, haven’t really done anything eye-catching. A comprehensive defeat at Bastia was followed up by a 2-1 win against Lens (thanks to a couple of long range goals) and then in midweek they lost to Le Mans in the cup. If Angers keep playing the way they have been doing then they should pick up the 3 points tonight and have too much for Istres. Again, the value isn’t that much but I’ll take -0.75 because I’m fairly confident. Amiens -0.25 AH @ 1.87 Sbobet 4/10 This match was played in midweek and Amiens won 2-1 to reach the next round of the Coupe de la Ligue. Generally, they are very strong at home and went undefeated here last season in the national division. Scoring a couple of goals in the last 10 minutes is sure to be a psychological boost for Amiens as they face the same opponents again. Overall, I haven’t been overly impressed with either team so far this year, but Le Havre have especially flattered themselves by picking up 4 points. They were outplayed at Angers but somehow won 2-1, and then they were disappointing in only drawing 1-1 at home to Laval last week. I think Amiens will have enough about them to pick up the 3 points tonight I’ll back them on a -0.25 line. Arles -0.5 AH @ 2.07 Pinnacle 3/10 Arles haven’t looked all that bad following their relegation from ligue 1 and managed to pick up 4 points from their first couple of games. The team has looked solid and I was fairly impressed with them on Monday night away at Metz. This looks like another chance for obtaining points facing a Nantes side who have looked awful this year. My faith in Les Canaris has been misguided unfortunately. On paper, the team doesn’t look all that bad, but they are a disjointed until with all sorts of problems both on and off the field. I don’t think this match will be a classic but I reckon Arles will have enough about them to win. Nantes will also be tired after playing 120 mins of action in the midweek cup so the hosts should have an advantage. Only small stakes, but I’ll take the Avignon side in this one. Hoping to improve upon my shocking week last Friday in L2 :hope Good luck to everyone! :ok

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) The 8 match card, tonight in France 2, has 8 home team favourites where a case can be made for all 8 to win. In fact, for the thrill, I will bet an 8 match parlay containing all home wins with a 1 unit. This is unlikely to happen, the odds are against it, so the serious choices are: Sedan - Clermont: Sedan @ 1.70 (Pinnacle) 10/10 The odds are still acceptable for Sedan's win. The hosts have good form. They have won their 2 league matches and have progressed in the cup. Sedan seems to have become a bit clinical. The defense is tight and the offense does its business and gets at least a 1-o win. At the moment, Sedan is a clearly an in form team. Clermont started the season with a nice 1-2 win at Laval but then totally disappointed at home against Guingamp where it lost 0-1. I don't think Clermont has the quality or the form to get anything from Sedan and the hosts should win. Bastia - Le Mans: Bastia @ 1.90 (Stan James) 10/10 Bastia started the season well with 2 convincing wins (home: 3-1 against Istres; away: 0-2 against Nantes). The hosts appear to be in form. Le Mans has lost its 2 matches (away: 0-1 against Arles; home: 0-1 against Tours). Le Mans hasn't even scored in its league matches yet. I think it is going to be difficult for the young Le Mans team to get anything out of Bastia. Good Luck.... :hope

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) @meatman I'm agree with your picks, maybe amiens is hard... for bastia, I'll be on stade, I'll make a maximum noise! we'll win! that's for a higher confience:

Bet Confirmation - ... - Internet Time of bet: 12/08/2011 12:51:03 Print
Selections
No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Bastia -1.0 Bastia v Le Mans (Alternative Asian Handicap) 12/08/2011 None 2.30 To Run
Stake: 1000.00 To Win: 1300.00 Returns:

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August)

Bastia -0.75 AH @ 2.17 (5/10) 188bet Bastia have performed even better than I expected they would so far this season. They have excellent momentum, confidence and belief in their squad right now and are proving to be a formidable obstacle. Here at home in front of their own fans at a difficult stadium and atmosphere, I think it’ll be too much for Le Mans to handle. I’ve said many times already this season that I simply don’t rate them this season, the squad is far too young and inexperienced. They managed to scrape a 2-0 win in the cup on Tuesday night away at Istres, but in the ligue so far successive defeats has left them with 0pts. Once again, the Bastia squad is in excellent condition and they have no injuries or suspensions to worry about. I think they’ll win comfortably tonight, hence why I’m taking them on the -0.75 AH. I don’t think the value is all that great, but I’m pretty confident they’ll collect the 3 points.
Hi Meatman, I have some reserve about Le Mans' weakness. In the midweek cup game they made 9 changes to the team that was beaten by Tours last weekend but in the cup game they managed to score >1 for the first time, also they kept a clean sheet against strong XI of Istres (only Akrour came as a substitute in 64min). I'm aware that Bastia will be their strongest an opponent so far in current season, but if Le Mans' coach keep a large part of midweek starting XI, they will bring a positive moment into the game. With regard to this I think that there is a probability that they will score tonight (at least higher probability than in the previous games). I could ask you for your valuation of OVER2.0 at 1.781. I consider it has more value than 1.769 for straight home win. Thanks in advance. GL tonight :hope

for bastia' date=' I'll be on stade, I'll make a maximum noise! we'll win! that's for a higher confience:[/quote'] Hi mate, how do you consider Bastia's defense? Can you see them keeping a clean sheet against Le Mans tonight? If you read my previous post you will see my thoughts for OVER in this game. Thanks in advance.

Hi mate, how do you consider Bastia's defense? Can you see them keeping a clean sheet against Le Mans tonight? If you read my previous post you will see my thoughts for OVER in this game. Thanks in advance.
honest? bastia's defense is the week-nest part of the team, on a bring a central defender but is still a lot of space la, the team use to play short, between last defender and front line is very short, like that the middle help a lot the defense line, but always is the risk of counters, there is the real danger, team will be pushed by public on front, (more that 10.000 this evening) for a small stadium well make a lot of noise. Le mans is with 0 goals and they normally must score, for me is a 1-0, 2-0 match, but is the risk to answer with subjectivity :D. My advice, void over, take ML or void. GL anyway! forza bastia!

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Well, I'm going to take two bets tonight, both of which were featured on my shortlist above. Smallish stakes again - Arles -0.5AH (v Nantes) @ 2.04 with Pinnacle 4pts I just don't like this Nantes team at the minute. The whole club appears to be a bit of a shambles and I can't see that changing in this match. Arles appear everything that les canaris aren't. Solid in defence, good varied midfield and a couple of decent attackers in Pieroni and Draman. They've yet to concede this season in the league and have proved very tough to break down. Nantes played 120 minutes in midweek and laboured to a win over Chateauroux. They have quality - Gapke, Pancrate, Vivian and Cheyrou are all good players - but the group as whole seem stifled by the expectation put on them. Smallish stake because ACA don't score loads, but they seem better equipped to win this match. - Over 2 goals AH (Amiens v Le Havre) @ 1.855 with Pinnacle 3pts These two met in the cup in midweek and Amiens won 2-1. They were a little fortunate: two late goals helped them out. I'd make them favourites tonight although I wouldn't be jumping all over them. Very rarely does a team beat another twice in three days when there's not much between them. I'm more inclined to go for goals. Amiens play 4-2-4 and have an attacking philosophy, especially at home. Le Havre are similar, but also concede plenty on the road two. Guys like Bonnet, Mesloub and Fanchone are dangerous and I expect them to cause Amiens problems. At the same time, I don't expect Le Havre to keep a clean sheet either. Boucher is in goal, and does look nervy for a kid. Reckon we have the right ingredients for an overs tie. I also like the look of Sedan and Tours to win, but the prices are just too short to merit a stake. The same applies to Bastia, although I fear that Le Mans are being slightly underrated. They do have kids, but aren't the worst team in the world, plus they did get a good win in midweek. Stamina might get the better of them in this, so I'd ratify those on the Corsicans. Other matches seem trappy and I can't get involved, although something to consider for Angers v Istres: most of Istres' players are muslim and in the middle of Ramadan. Pasqualetti has said he won't rest any players. Bonne chance a tous :hope

Hi Meatman, I have some reserve about Le Mans' weakness. In the midweek cup game they made 9 changes to the team that was beaten by Tours last weekend but in the cup game they managed to score >1 for the first time, also they kept a clean sheet against strong XI of Istres (only Akrour came as a substitute in 64min). I'm aware that Bastia will be their strongest an opponent so far in current season, but if Le Mans' coach keep a large part of midweek starting XI, they will bring a positive moment into the game. With regard to this I think that there is a probability that they will score tonight (at least higher probability than in the previous games). I could ask you for your valuation of OVER2.0 at 1.781. I consider it has more value than 1.769 for straight home win. Thanks in advance. GL tonight :hope
Well Bastia are quite capable of scoring 3 goals on their own really. Defensively, Bastia aren't as strong perhaps, so Le Mans might have a chance of scoring. I think something like 3-1 is likely here and I would favour the overs too.

Sport Football (France)
Event SC Bastia v Le Mans FC
Selection SC Bastia
Strength 10/10
Date 12/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.85
Reasoning Going to be backing the straight win here, though the handicap does tempt me. Bastia have won both of their starting games with the scorelines 3-1 vs Istres and 0-2 vs Nantes. In comparison, Le Mans have lost both of their opening matches 0-1 vs Arles and 0-1 vs Tours. Just based on these facts alone, I think that momentum and confidence ought to be with the Bastia side and I am happy to back them to win.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Very, very late selection from me ... - Tours -0.5AH (v Chateauroux) @ 1.952 with Pinnacle 4pts This price has moved up into my target range, and having seen the teams, I'm happy to bit. Not a massive fan of La Berri in general and especially on the road. I think they'll struggle without Bergougnoux and Haddad, two players who have departed in the summer and haven't been replaced. There's no Fernandez tonight either in goal, a player who marshals the defence as well as a decent keeper. Tours miss Guie Guie but their line-up is strong. Song, Diego, Cardy, Buengo and Blayac all start and they will cause les castelroussins issues. Tours are normally a very good home side who like to attack. Think there's a marked difference in quality here and happy to back the hosts. Bonne chance a tous :hope

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Sedan decides to take the foot off the gas just when I decided to bet on them......:\ Good thing Bastia did the business and ended up only -1 unit in France 2. It was a tough night for favourites all over.....

honest? bastia's defense is the week-nest part of the team, on a bring a central defender but is still a lot of space la, the team use to play short, between last defender and front line is very short, like that the middle help a lot the defense line, but always is the risk of counters, there is the real danger, team will be pushed by public on front, (more that 10.000 this evening) for a small stadium well make a lot of noise. Le mans is with 0 goals and they normally must score, for me is a 1-0, 2-0 match, but is the risk to answer with subjectivity :D. My advice, void over, take ML or void. GL anyway! forza bastia!
I live here, I know my team! 1-0 but it wasn't correct, I accept that le mans was much better, after we score we didn't play nothing, le mans shot the post 3 grand save by Novaes, but I want to say that we played without a lot of players, Rothen out after 20 minutes, no Diallo, no Genest, no Maoulida... on stadium it was awesome! 12540 supporters! full stadium, we made a huge atmosphere! I hope you took my advice for taking the ML and not the over! :cheers

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Hi fellow Ligue 2 fanatics :ok What are you thoughts on Monaco - Reims? Im leaning against Monaco -1. I know they drawn both there first matches and Reims won theire but Monaco are a better team man by man and Reims might hit the wall know. Monaco only played 4 games since last season (1 friendly, 1 cup & 2 Ligue 2), that might be an excuse for their slow start. Monaco bought Guily the other day. Is he fit for the game or posible the starting line up? Cheers :clap

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) I'm going against my original shortlist here but ... fancy Monaco to do the job tonight. - Monaco -0.5AH (v Reims) @ 2.01 with Pinnacle 5pts I originally had Reims +0.5 pencilled in but a few things have changed my mind. Monaco have re-signed Guily and he'll start tonight. He'll give the whole place a huge lift, as well as offering a bit of craft. Helstad is predicted to start up front and they have good buffer in midfield with Dumont and Mendy. Reims have won their opening two matches without conceding - one of which was away at Lens - so we're dealing with a decent side here. Even still, I think there are frailties at the back. Agassa can be suspect in goal and they are without Faure tonight - Ghilas will lead the side up top, but this is his debut. The pressure is on ASM to get the win. That doesn't always mean they'll come up trumps, but with Guily back and a strong side set to start, I think they'll be able to turn over Reims. Odds have moved up to above even money, so I'm content to put my cash down. Bonne chance :hope

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Monaco - Reims: Draw @ 3.30 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Odds of 1.80-2.00 for Monaco's win are a bit short, I think. The hosts haven't been that impressive at the start of the season. Monaco got clobbered, 4-1, at Sedan in a cup match, played to a 0-0 stalemate at home against Boulogne and then drew at Troyes 1-1. In the match against Troyes, Monaco took the lead early 0-1 and then did very little with Troyes being the better side. Monaco may have been lucky to get a point. Yes, it has been reported that Monaco has a couple of good signings of players including names like Guily, but I can't see these players integrating with the team from the very start so I'm taking this aspect with a grain of salt. At the moment, Monaco's problem is that the roster hasn't found its footing in League 2 football. Reims has started the season well with an away win (0-2) against Lens and a home win against Amiens (1-0). So, the guests haven't conceded in 2 matches and have scored in both and appear to be a sound team. The match should be tight and go under 2.5 goals (yet at prices of 1.50ish I don't want to bother) which increases the chances of the draw in a match between an unsure Monaco team playing at home and a sound Reims team that would be happy with an away point. At this stage in the season, the draw is a good percentage bet, I think.

My pick was Monaco too. Reims might have won against Lens, but i see it more as a bad day for Lens then a good day for Reims. What happend whit Park? are he about to be sold?
His agent was touting him to Newcastle but they've decided not to bite. Think Wigan are also in the hunt. Someone will go for him but maybe later in the window, when his price drops. Monaco will need to sell him.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Tip Detail Sport Football (France) Event Monaco vs Reims Selection HOME 0:0 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.36 Reasoning Monaco record this season: ATroyes(D)1-1 HBoulogne(D)0-0 Reims record this season: HAmiens(W)1-0 ALens(W)0-2 Reims started very good with 2 wins but Monaco is superior team and with a couple of new players, at home . Monaco should win this one but i`m afraid of Reims good start and team atmosfere so A 0:0 asian handicap MONACO its a good bet, in case of a draw money back! Dont risk too much! Good Luck!

Wow. Monaco look a big mess. Also underestimated my own team Reims, who look really good. Should have stuck to my own shortlist, total lack of discipline as I had them on a plus earmarked for tonight until I saw Monaco's line-up. Paid the price for it.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (12-15 August) Honestly I'm amazed by Monaco. I didn't take them tonight, the price wasn't tempting enough for me, but I nearly did. I pretty much expected them to win. On paper thats a pretty good team really and should be playing far better. Reims are a completely depleted side (even more so now looks like they have a couple of injuries after tonights game) yet fully deserved that win tonight. Awful performance from Monaco. @ Allthethings the underdog strikes again in L2! amazing how those -0.5 favs fcuk up isn't it?