France - Ligue 1 6-7 August

Saturday 6 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Ajaccio v Toulouse FC (20:00 BST) 2.7 3.1 2.98 102.85 %
maximize.gif AS Nancy v Lille OSC (20:00 BST) 3.76 3.23 2.22 102.60 %
maximize.gif Montpellier HSC v AJ Auxerre (20:00 BST) 2.27 3.1 3.76 102.91 %
maximize.gif OGC Nice v Olympique Lyonnais (20:00 BST) 4.25 3.3 2.03 103.09 %
maximize.gif Olympique Marseille v Sochaux-Montbéliard (20:00 BST) 1.59 3.95 7.2 102.03 %
maximize.gif Paris Saint-Germain v FC Lorient (20:00 BST) 1.69 3.72 6.19 102.21 %
maximize.gif SM Caen v Valenciennes FC (20:00 BST) 2.36 3.19 3.6 101.50 %
maximize.gif Stade Brestois 29 v Evian TG (20:00 BST) 2.31 3.2 3.65 101.94 %
Sunday 7 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dijon FCO v Stade Rennais (16:00 BST) 3.05 3.18 2.68 101.55 %
maximize.gif Girondins de Bordeaux v Saint-Étienne (20:00 BST) 1.93 3.35 4.72 102.73 %

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August Just a quick post from me about my predicted table in L1 this season. Unfortunately due to work privacy I wont be able to provide ligue 1 official betting picks or in depth analysis this season. However, of course I'll still be around to give a few opinions etc. I'm also on twitter, follow me @meatmansoccer 1 Marseille 2 PSG 3 Lille 4 Rennes 5 Lyon 6 Bordeaux 7 Montpellier 8 Toulouse 9 Evian 10 St Etienne 11 Sochaux 12 Lorient 13 Nancy 14 Valenciennes 15 Caen 16 Nice 17 Brest 18 Auxerre 19 Dijon 20 Ajaccio My predicted 'surprises' (in a good way) Rennes - could even challenge for a CL place, looks a nice squad Montpellier - a lot of people think they will do badly, but I see a solid, hard to beat team who are quite settled Evian - Momentum, a good coach, some nice new signings. They can go well and be midtable My predicted 'flops' of the season Auxerre - question marks over the coach, loss of important players without quality replacements. Could be a tough season Lyon - generally 2nd favs with the bookies to win L1, I think they will drop out of the CL places Sochaux - should go ok, but will struggle to hit the heights of last season My predicted transfers 'coups' of the season Morgan Amalfitano (OM) signed on a free from Lorient, terrific value for such an excellent player Jonathan Pitroipa (Rennes) signed for £3M. I've heard excellent things about him and he could really shine in L1. £3 million might look like one hell of a deal come the end of the season. Stephane Ruffier (St Etienne) Signed for £2.6M, he has been one of the best GKs in L1 over the last few seasons. Worth 6 or 7 million IMO. He will earn Les Verts plenty of points this season. Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio) signed on a free, he's a top class keeper. Ajaccio will keep him busy this year, and he might be worth a fair few points to them. Lucas Mareque (Lorient) Signed on a free from Argentinian club Independiente as a replacement for Morel. I've he is a pretty good player and he could surprise a few people this season My predicted transfer 'flops' of the season Dimitri Payet (Lille) - controversial pick here, but when you sell Gervinho for £10M, how is Payet worth nearly £9M? I've got the feeling he might not quite live up to expectations Emmanuel Riviere (Toulouse) - The lad might prove me wrong, but TFC have played close to £5.5M for him. This is far too much for a striker who only scored 8 times in 35 ligue games last year. I just think they coud've done far better with £5.5M than getting him. Alexandre Cuvillier (Nancy) He was on loan all of last season with Nancy and didn't really impress at all. Now the Lorraine outfit have splashed out £900k on his official transfer. Waste of money if you ask me Jeremy Clement (St Etienne) They've paid nearly £1.6M for him from PSG. I just think he's nothing more than an average/below average Ligue 1 player. Worth signing on a free perhaps, but not for this amount of money. Mathieu Coutadeur (Lorient) For about £1.8M I think this is a poor piece of business. The guy has been in the wilderness completely ever since he left Le Mans. Real gamble move from Christian Gourcuff which I don't think will pay off. Best of luck to all this season!

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August Psg vs Lorient Psg @ 1.63 on Paddypower I just think a typically strong team at home like Psg will be too much for an average Lorient side..Psg have brought in some very nice players like Pastore, Gameiro and Douchez..Gameiro is the only reason Lorient did relatively well last year so itll be interesting to see how they cope against him..Psg have been dubbed the new man city so we'll see how they respond to that..Theyve veen hyped to have a great season so theyll need a good start and a home game to Lorient is the perfect way to state their intentions..I might dabble in the -1 market but i'll see closer to KO...Gl everyone..:ok

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August Montpellier - Auxerre Pick: Auxerre to win, odds 4.65 @ Pinnacle Sports Reasoning -The last time Montpellier beat Auxerre was 2004. -Last seasons points on the home/away table: 26/21 and it is the number 14 vs the number 9 of last year. -With a new coach and season I believe that it is unlikely Auxerre will play 19 draws. -My experience both with my own bets and analyzing bets by other punters tell me I should place a bet like this. :D

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August French Soccer 2010-2011 16W-16L-6P -2.32 units (50.00%) The french league! Not a very good year for me last year in France. Ajaccio pick -128 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I love taking the the newly promoted team (especially in France) in the first week. They were a solid home team last year in Ligue 2. Toulouse is generally terrible on the road. I think Ajaccio should at least grab the draw.

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August Caen - Valenciennes: Draw @ 3.20 (Stan James) 10/10 Caen and Valenciennes finished last season in 15th and 12th place with 46 and 48 points respectively. So, from last season, at least, one figures there isn't a great deal of difference between the sides. The guests had the second most draws (18) overall and drew 47% of their away matches. Caen wasn't a stranger to the draw either with 13 draws overall and 37% at home. In February 2011 the teams played to a 2-2 draw at Caen. At the beginning of the season the draw represents a good percentage bet here between two similar teams. Ajaccio - Toulouse: Toulouse 0 (AH) @ 2.15 (Pinnacle) 10/10 I think this is a good price for the guests with full draw cover. Yes, Ajaccio is probably full of enthusiasm with returning to League 1. But, I think this may work against them. They are inexperienced against top level teams and Toulouse is very experienced. The pressure of the opening match at home may also be a problem. Toulouse finished last season in a solid way and placed 8th. The guests had the 6th best away record (6-4-9) and were able to defeat teams better than Ajaccio. I was tempted to take the guests' straight win, but I'm covering the draw since French teams have a tendency towards the result and it is the first round.

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August

Caen - Valenciennes: Draw @ 3.20 (Stan James) 10/10 Caen and Valenciennes finished last season in 15th and 12th place with 46 and 48 points respectively. So, from last season, at least, one figures there isn't a great deal of difference between the sides. The guests had the second most draws (18) overall and drew 47% of their away matches. Caen wasn't a stranger to the draw either with 13 draws overall and 37% at home. In February 2011 the teams played to a 2-2 draw at Caen. At the beginning of the season the draw represents a good percentage bet here between two similar teams. Ajaccio - Toulouse: Toulouse 0 (AH) @ 2.15 (Pinnacle) 10/10 I think this is a good price for the guests with full draw cover. Yes, Ajaccio is probably full of enthusiasm with returning to League 1. But, I think this may work against them. They are inexperienced against top level teams and Toulouse is very experienced. The pressure of the opening match at home may also be a problem. Toulouse finished last season in a solid way and placed 8th. The guests had the 6th best away record (6-4-9) and were able to defeat teams better than Ajaccio. I was tempted to take the guests' straight win, but I'm covering the draw since French teams have a tendency towards the result and it is the first round.
Slight profit with Toulouse's win....Caen edged out the win 1-0.....:\ Marseille, PSG and Lille all stumbled.....:eek

Re: France - Ligue 1 6-7 August Bordeaux Vs. St Etienne - Draw 3.25 - Bet365 Bordeaux are in the first home game of the season with new manager Francis Gillot, and they will undoubtedly experience some teething problems at first, but it won't be an easy game against a capable St Etienne side. Bordeaux suffered an average season last time around, finishing 7th which was a disappointment compared to the previous year. St Etienne finished a comfortable if unspectacular 10th. St Etienne during the summer have shuffled around their squad with a few ingoings and outgoings, specifically Mignot to bolster their defence even though it was impressive last season. These two clubs acquired 28 draws between them last season including a 2-2 draw between the two. Should be a close game and I can see Bordeaux finding it difficult in the first couple of games, coupled with Etienne's strong defence, I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw in this one. Good luck! :ok