Weekend > Scotland > SPL Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July

Re: Weekend > Scotland > SPL Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July

Kilmarnock v Motherwell: Motherwell (0AH) @ 2.10 with Pinnacle (3/10) Despite last week's deserved draw at Tannadice, I still feel Killie are in for a long, hard season. Credit where it's due for that result, but I think they benefited from the fortune of circumstance, given United's tiring European exploits a few days earlier. Boss Kenny Shiels is still tinkering in the transfer market and admitted yesterday that he's a long way from knowing his first XI. He's also committed to silky footballl; fast, flowing, one-touch stuff that lit up Rugby Park last season. However, that was a much more achievable goal with the likes of Bryson, Taouil and Eremenko in the side. I don't want to write them off completely - because I admit their new signings are strangers to me, and they might prove to be world beaters - but given the backgrounds of the new men I think they'll struggle to hit the same heights. The fact Shiels wants to play an open, attacking game should play into Motherwell's hands. Chris Humphrey and - in particular - Jamie Murphy (who's attracting scouts from more English clubs by the week) are fast, skillful and clinical, and I can see them putting Killie to the sword. The backline looks impressive and strong in front of goalkeeper Darren Randolph, whose star shines brighter by the week.
Finished 0-0 Saw most of the second half during which Motherwell did most of the attacking but rarely really threatened. Overall, defences seemed to be on top.

Three more for me in the SPL this weekend ... St Mirren v Aberdeen - St Mirren 0AH @ 1.952 with Pinnacle 5pts I don't think it's been said too often that St Mirren are a more attractive side than Aberdeen, but that's my perception this season. Danny Lennon told his Buddies squad at the start of the season that he wants his team to be more easy-on-the-eye and play nice football, and personally I liked what I saw last Monday when they really should have beaten Dunfermline. I like the 4-2-3-1 formation with the attacking quad of Paul McGowan, Nigel Hasselbaink, Gary Teale and Steven Thompson. It's a creative front four and I can see them getting goals. It's their first home game of the season against an Aberdeen side I'd best describe as stuffy. Craig Brown needs to stop the rot at Pittodrie and has attempted to do so by bringing in strength and graft rather than skill. Yaoul Mawene and Isaac Osbourne are testament to this theory. I do think the Dons will be backable at times this season but they lack a goalscorer and someone who is going to split teams open. Rob Milsom seems to get lost in matches and Fraser Fyvie, however talented, is too young to be relied upon. Their record at this venue is poor and there seems to be a feel-good factor around St Mirren Park at present. All things considered, I feel they are worth playing with full draw cover.
Finished: St Mirren 1 Aberdeen 0 Listened to a lot of this on BBC Sportsound - it sounded as though St Mirren dominated the play and were well worth their win with Aberdeen sounding pretty poor.

Looks like I've just talked myself into this one ... Inverness CT v Hibernian - Under 2.25 goals @ 2.03 with Pinnacle 3pts It's been pretty well-documented how poor Hibs' record up in Inverness has been, so I won't bore you with all the stats. Had this Inverness team appeared a bit stronger at Motherwell on Saturday, I'd have bitten on the -0.25 line, but I'm not totally convinced they'll get the job done this weekend. The team has changed considerably from last year, with Eric Odhiambo and Adam Rooney, two key players, having left the club. I think that negates their attacking instincts somewhat. They lack a real goalscorer - I don't think Richie Foran or Gregory Tade can compensate for Rooney's goals - and their defence certainly looks weaker without Grant Munro or Chris Hogg. I feel they'll find it hard to break down Hibs. Colin Calderwood has them set up in a 4-5-1 formation. They appear extremely organised and have the guise of a team that could be involved in many 0-0s this season. Sean O'Hanlon, their new defender, will be out with a broken toe, so David Stephens will come into the side. He's a good player, although a bit less comanding than O'Hanlon. It's up top where their options are limited. Junior Agogo has signed, but whether he's match fit is a different issue. Garry O'Connor will be a very good signing for Hibs but they need to get more service to him, and the 4-5-1 fomation doesn't really allow that. I can see them battening down the hatches and looking to hit ICT on the break. Of course, an early goal could upset the applecart here, but I think neither will be that committal early on. At above evens, I like the look of this unders line, although the stake should be kept suitably modest considering this is only our second competitive viewing of each side.
Good shout :clap

Inverness - Hibernian: Draw @ 3.35 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Both teams started the season with loses. Inverness got clobbered at Motherwell (3-0) and Hibernian easily lost to Celtic (0-2). Both teams don't appaear to have found any footing going into the season and neither seems to be creative and effective in offense. It's a bit early to be able to separate these teams. I think we'll see a very tight match where the chances of a 0-0 or 1-1 stalemate are increased. Kilmarnock - Motherwell: Draw @ 3.40 (Pinnacle) 10/10 These teams finished the 2010-2011 season in 5th and 6th place with 49 and 46 points respectively. Kilmarnock got a good draw at Dundee Utd. (1-1) while Motherwell convincingly defeated Inverness (3-0). The season opener gives the impression that Motherwell is the more ready team and that may be the case. Kilmarnock has had a significant roster change and may still be looking for its footing. This didn't stop them from getting a good draw at Dundee. Furthermore, last season Kilmarnock defeated Motherwell twice (3-1; 0-1). So, I really can't jump at a win for either team and will settle for the draw and the nice odds. St. Mirren - Aberdeen: Draw @ 3.30 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 St. Mirren and Aberdeen both had poor seasons in 2010-2011 finishing in 11th and 9th places respectively. Both teams started the season with draws. St. Mirren played to a draw at Dunfermline (0-0) while Aberdeen played to a draw against St. Johnstone at home (0-0). A lot is being made of St. Mirren's performance at Dunfermline, but I would take it with a grain of salt since Dunfermline doesn't necessarily provide the best yardstick and we are only into the second round. Yes, Aberdeen didn't show anything remarkable against St. Johnstone, but they were able to hold on to the draw after going down to 10 players in the 65th minute. Aberdeen will probably play it tight and try to frustrate the home team and St. Mirren didn't necessarily indicate that they can overcome such tactics in the first match of the season. The draw provides a good percentage bet here, I think. Essentially, I can't separate the pairs at this point of the season to be able to pick a winner and the draw provides a good percentage bet in each match. One draw returns the total stake while two or three draws provides good profit.
No loss....a slight profit actually.....was robbed by the injury time goal in the Inverness - Hibernian match.....:\ The results did reveal, however, how close these teams are....

Re: Weekend > Scotland > SPL Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July giving the scottish lads one more chance before the proper football starts.lol.think hearts will have one eye on the euro game where they got a good result and also had a good result against gers,dundee were unlucky not to have won the other night and i expect them to have a good go at them especcially with them been out of europe comp.hearts v dundee.both to score.dundee+1.hearts v dundee over 2.5.hearts v dundee goal line 2,2.5:hope

giving the scottish lads one more chance before the proper football starts.lol.think hearts will have one eye on the euro game where they got a good result and also had a good result against gers' date='dundee were unlucky not to have won the other night and i expect them to have a good go at them especcially with them been out of europe comp.hearts v dundee.both to score.dundee+1.hearts v dundee over 2.5.hearts v dundee goal line 2,2.5:hope
all bets roughly evens,first three with stan james,last one bet 365.B.O.L.

giving the scottish lads one more chance before the proper football starts.lol.think hearts will have one eye on the euro game where they got a good result and also had a good result against gers' date='dundee were unlucky not to have won the other night and i expect them to have a good go at them especcially with them been out of europe comp.hearts v dundee.both to score.dundee+1.hearts v dundee over 2.5.hearts v dundee goal line 2,2.5:hope
Frank, just in case any Arabs (Dundee utd fans) are reading your post, I don't think they like being referred to as Dundee! A bit like when Scottish people travel abroad and people ask what part of England do they come from :ok

Re: Weekend > Scotland > SPL Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July Hearts - Dundee Utd.: Draw @ 3.40 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 These teams ended the 2010-2011 season in 3rd and 4th place with 63 and 61 points respectively. Both started this season with a 1-1 draw (Hearts at Rangers and Dundee Utd at home against Kilmarnock). Hearts had a mid-week match in Hungary for the Europa Cup where they got a 1-1 draw and have the reverse fixture this coming week. Hearts played to 9 draws last season and Dundee United had 9 away draws (the most) last season. At the moment, I can't see that much of a difference between the teams and the draw provides a good percentage bet here.

Re: Weekend > Scotland > SPL Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July Hearts vs Dundee United Although Hearts are playing midweek I still fancy them to take maximum points from this fixture. Jim Jeffries has bought well over the summer and I think could push for a 2nd place finish this season but to do so they will be aware that they need to win these sticky fixtures like Dundee United. Dundee United would have wished for a better start to the new season after being dumped out of the europa cup and having sold striker David Goodwillie earlier this week and they will not relish a trip to tynecastle. The draw is a possible outcome if you look at latest h2h but at over evens Im happy to try my hand on Hearts as I feel that although there wasn't much between them last season the sides have went in opposite directions since the transfer window opened. Hearts @ 2.16 (Betfair).

Inverness CT v Hibernian - Under 2.25 goals @ 2.03 with Pinnacle 3pts WIN St Mirren v Aberdeen - St Mirren 0AH @ 1.952 with Pinnacle 5pts WIN Hearts v Dundee Utd - Dundee Utd +0.5AH @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 5pts WIN St Johnstone v Rangers - Rangers -1AH @ 2.04 with Pinnacle 4pts WIN
Lovely week in the SPL, gets me off to a flier this season. Will be bad ones along the way so happy to bank it. Couple of really good shouts from BookiesEnemyNo1 in the Rangers game, and a nice weekend overall for many :ok

Kilmarnock v Motherwell: Motherwell (0AH) @ 2.10 with Pinnacle (3/10) Hearts v Dundee United: Dundee United (+0.5AH) @ 1.862 with Pinnacle (3/10)
Kilmarnock 0-0 Motherwell -PUSH Hearts 0-1 Dundee United - WIN Pleasing, profitable weekend. Well done all the other winners, good to see a busy thread :clap

I also think that playing away from Ibrox may help the team. Steven Davis was a great young player coming through at Villa (im a Villa fan) which we let go against alot of villa fans wishes. Steven Naismith puts himself into goal-scoring positions all the time against Hearts and im impressed with his attitude. He missed a few chances and, as we know, it can be a better option to hold your run rather that get in there to miss another chance. This guy has bottle to put himself at the mercy of 60000 glaswegens to get on the end of a chance, even if it does go wide. Rangers to win by a few goals is my call as I feel this sort of fixture is exactly what ally McCoist's men need at this time, an away game against weaker rivals. St johnstone are no mugs and will attempt to play on the counter but the class will eventually tell. My bets are 10pts rangers:nana Draw ht/rangers full time 4pts :wall 4pts Naismith anytime scorer :cow 1pt Naismith first goalscorer :beer Good luck all:hope
Sorry i'm late updating, was away for the weekend. Yeah really good result for many in the SPL this weekend so well done to all those with great insight into the games.