** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay

kevshat

The top darts stars head to Blackpool for the 2nd biggest ranking event of the year which begins on Saturday night. Easily my favourite tournament of the season this with the long matches and the drama and quality it brings. Draw has been made and is as below: Phil Taylor (1, ENG) v Mark Hylton (ENG) Wayne Jones (16, ENG) v Scott Rand (ENG) Wes Newton (8, ENG) v Andy Smith (ENG) Mervyn King (9, ENG) v Justin Pipe (ENG) Simon Whitlock (5, AUS) v Peter Wright (ENG) Ronnie Baxter (12, ENG) v Denis Ovens (ENG) Gary Anderson (4, SCO) v Andy Hamilton (ENG) Colin Lloyd (13, ENG) v John Henderson (SCO) Adrian Lewis (2, ENG) v Kevin Painter (ENG) Vincent van der Voort (15, NED) v Alan Tabern (ENG) Terry Jenkins (7, ENG) v Steve Beaton (ENG) Mark Webster (10, WAL) v John Part (CAN) Raymond van Barneveld (6, NED) v Steve Brown (ENG) Paul Nicholson (11, AUS) v Colin Osborne (ENG) James Wade (3, ENG) v Jamie Caven (ENG) Mark Walsh (14, ENG) v Dave Chisnall (ENG) Should be a cracking week of arrers :ok. Fire away people :nana

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay 3 pts - Over 1.5 170 Checkouts @ 2.10 Betfred Going to get stuck with an early tournament bet. I haven't really got great reasoning for this one, but I just think with the players on show this line can be covered. Skybet currently have the same bet @ 1.83 so I think I am getting some value here, and will have a nibble with small stakes. If Simon Whitlock has a decent tournament then he could cover this bet on his own.:hope Interested to know what other people think on this one? Lets Play Darts

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay My initial concern mate would be that there hasn't been a single 170 in this tournament in the last 3 years. I think the scoring power these days doesn't allow for the amount of attempts at it that there used to be. In today's world you get players kicking off with 100+140 or 140+140 and from 261 or 221 it's hard to see someone hitting 91 or 51 to leave it unless they are miles behind in a leg (or miles ahead) but given the 6 darts they've already thrown that's unlikely. A lack of prize money for the highest outshot negates a bit of motivation to hit it as well. Personally I think I'd rather be on the unders at the prices if it was a market I was going to bet on but good luck mate :ok.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Thanks Kev. To be honest I didn't expect the stats to back me up. It's just one them bets I liked the look of so I had to have a little play. Will keep my fingers crossed but I won't be expecting to much return on this one, although they are quite often my most successful bets :hope

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Well folks my two tips here are obvious ones ADRIAN LEWIS and GARY ANDERSON Lewis reigning world champion has top be a firm favourite here he has not had the best of fortune at Blackpool but along with Anderson he has a perfect game for leg play format. he is again along with Anderson, one of the best at rattling off 4 or 5 legs on the spin wand while in set play that may win you just one set in leg play it can put almost any player to bed once and for all, i know to some they won't see any logic in this but i am a frim beliver some players are better at set play than leg play, players like Nicholson, Lloyd, Wade, Whitlock for me are far stronger in set paly events whilst Anderson,Lewis, Jenkins, are three plyers who i feel prefer the leg play game. thats it from me for now though hope to be back before they bull up on Saturday with a couple of outsiders

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Odds from Sky Bet: 16 Jul 19:10 Terry Jenkins, Terry 1/2 vs. 13/8 Steve Beaton 16 Jul 20:00 Vincent van der Voort 8/13 vs. 5/4 Alan Tabern 16 Jul 21:00 Adrian Lewis 2/7 vs. 11/4 Kevin Painter 16 Jul 22:00 Mark Webster 4/7 vs. 11/8 John Part 17 Jul 19:10 Paul Nicholson 4/9 vs. 7/4 Colin Osborne 17 Jul 20:00 Mark Walsh 6/5 vs. 4/6 Dave Chisnall 17 Jul 21:00 James Wade 2/9 vs. 10/3 Jamie Caven 17 Jul 22:00 Raymond van Barneveld 4/11 vs. 9/4 Steve Brown 18 Jul 19:10 Wayne Jones 8/15 vs. 6/4 Scott Rand 18 Jul 20:00 Mervyn King 4/9 vs. 7/4 Justin Pipe 18 Jul 21:00 Phil Taylor 1/20 vs. 8/1 Mark Hylton 18 Jul 22:00 Wes Newton 8/13 vs. 6/5 Andy Smith 19 Jul 19:10 Ronnie Baxter 8/11 vs. 11/10 Denis Ovens 19 Jul 20:00 Colin Lloyd 8/11 vs. 11/10 John Henderson 19 Jul 21:00 Gary Anderson 1/6 vs. 4/1 Andy Hamilton 19 Jul 22:00 Simon Whitlock 1/6 vs. 4/1 Peter Wright http://www.pdc.tv/page/WorldMatchplayDetail/0,,10180~2379343,00.html

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay JOHN PART 11/8 v Mark Webster, Part is a class act for me one of the top 5 all time players, he has suffered of late he had a poor WC and PC and indeed many felt he was on the way down, but the old saying is "form is temporary, class is permanent" and make no mistake Part IS class, he has come back onto some form of late which has enabled him to qualify for this event he has gone the distance here before, so he know what to expect, Webster i am sure suffered a barrage of abuse here last year totally unacceptable and un called for and he may well stryglle i always fell that Webster is a better set player than Legs palyer (interested to here if Kev agrees with me in some players suit leg formats while others suit set play) as for John he is as capable in both i am going to take Part at these odds he is not as long as the odds suggest. MARK WALSH 6/5 v Dave Chisnall. Walshie is a dogged opponenet you have to scrape him off the oche, up against Chissy who did well at the UK Open, but he is still in his first year on the proper darts circcuit he is still getting used to playing top players in every round of every tournament and he could'nt have drawn a tougher start here the bokkies make Chissy favourite i would disagree with that whislt Walshie is not a relentless scorer he will hit 100 - 140s for fun and those should be enough to dispose of Chisnall who will be experiencing Blackpool for the first time. STEVE BROWN 9/4 V Ray Barneveld. yeah a big call but one i am willing to make on acoount of Barneys recent woes, i don't care what anyone says for me Barney is a spent force the moment he gave up in a televised event ( can't recall what one ) a short time back i vowed never to back him again, back in the day when he switched from the BDO, he won the World title after making monumnetal come backs against Lloyd ( think he was 3-0 down in sets in a first to four contest, and aagin in the final when also 3-0 and not having hit one maximum,) but that was a differnt Barney then, when he had the stomach for a fight, he has gone form a lion to a mouse and i am sure the other players have smelt blood and fancy tha task when they play Barney, Brown is a good young player think he knocked out Jenkins last year, and he has plenty of confidence he won't shrk the task here and i reckon this is bet of the first round . JOHN HENDERSON 11/10 v Colin Lloyd, i have to back big John here he comes from just along the road from me and he has been superb in his first year on the pro tour indeed he earned as much in two events as he did in one whole year with the BDO (though maybe says more about olly crofts joke of a tour than Johns ability, i have been looking syaing that i feel Lloyd is looking like he is getting back to his best for the last 18 months but still he is someway off that, i am not sure he will return to his best, whilst this bet is maybe more me supporting a local lad ( nothing wrong with that ) if John is rocking then he can give Lloyd a tough challenge here

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay

Well folks my two tips here are obvious ones ADRIAN LEWIS and GARY ANDERSON Lewis reigning world champion has top be a firm favourite here he has not had the best of fortune at Blackpool but along with Anderson he has a perfect game for leg play format. he is again along with Anderson, one of the best at rattling off 4 or 5 legs on the spin wand while in set play that may win you just one set in leg play it can put almost any player to bed once and for all, i know to some they won't see any logic in this but i am a frim beliver some players are better at set play than leg play, players like Nicholson, Lloyd, Wade, Whitlock for me are far stronger in set paly events whilst Anderson,Lewis, Jenkins, are three plyers who i feel prefer the leg play game. thats it from me for now though hope to be back before they bull up on Saturday with a couple of outsiders
Just to clarify... Is that the same James Wade who has made 3 matchplay finals, including 1 win and won the uk open twice also played over legs??

Just to clarify... Is that the same James Wade who has made 3 matchplay finals' date=' including 1 win and won the uk open twice also played over legs??[/quote'] Call yourself a Wade fan and you don't mention his 2 Premier League wins over legs. Consider your membership of the James Wade fan club to now be withdrawn :lol ;).

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Ok time to get this party started. Can't wait for it to begin :nana. 4 outrights to begin with. It includes my biggest ever darts outright. 2.5pts ew J.Wade to win World Matchplay 9/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) I think James Wade is an excellent bet at 9/1 this week as my stake suggests. He's loves Blackpool and coming into this off the back of an excellent win at the UK Open I think he'll go really well again. He's got his personal issues out in the open now and he looked a hell of a lot better for it in Bolton and that relaxed attitude coupled with his natural ability can prove a fearsome combination for the world of darts. I'm not of the opinion Wade is better in set play, I think Matchplay is very much his format and I really do expect a good run in this event. In many ways watching Wade this week won't be too easy for me as he's likely to play two of my favourite players in Chisnall and Webster/Lewis on his way to the final. However in form he's as good as there is right now and he's spoken in the past that he has good memories of Blackpool. That will help him stay relaxed and positive this week and I would not be surprised in the least bit if Wade secures the magnificent 7th major crown of his career on the 24th. 2pts M.Webster to win 3rd Quarter 11/2 Betfred I think Mark Webster is a big price here. I accept he's in a real bitch of a quarter here but we have to remember he's a mighty fine player despite his rotten Premier League campaign. I was so impressed with Webby at the UK Open where he was always going to be under scrutiny after the Premier League but he played excellent darts in Bolton and should've probably beaten Wade in the semi final which would've been an excellent achievement for the left handed Welsh star. Webster has mentioned that he believes he's better when a draw is laid out in front of him and he knows it's win or go home and I'd agree with him. He's made the semis of the last two World Championships so the big events don't worry him and although Adrian Lewis and Terry Jenkins are in this event I believe the value in this third quarter is with Webster. 1pt A.Smith to win 1st Quarter 25/1 Boylesports I'm not overly sure Andy Smith should be this price. He's one of those who will come through in a TV event at some point because he's good enough to win one. In all fairness it probably won't be this week but he still shouldn't be 25/1 even with Taylor in this quarter. The obvious worry is Taylor has a simple draw until the quarters where Smith would have to go through Newton and King but if he gets to the quarters I'll take my chances against Taylor at 25/1. Smith comes into the event having won a Players Championship event and made the final of another since the UK Open so he could barely be in better form which makes the 25/1 a bit daft. I'll take my chances. 1pt G.Anderson vs J.Wade final 20/1 Skybet I'm happy to take my chances here too. I've said all I need to on James Wade and I fancy Gary Anderson to come through the top half of the draw. I can't see Anderson not being a semi finalist. Other than Whitlock there's nobody to beat him in that 2nd quarter but even then I don't believe Whitlock is playing well enough to beat him. In fact for me Whitlock needs a major week sometime soon to prove to me that he can still perform to the level he did in the World Championship in 2010. At worst Anderson would be playing Taylor in the semi final and over 33 legs I'd fancy Anderson there with his scoring power. At best he'd be playing a Smith, Newton or a King who I'd strongly fancy him against. 20/1 looks a fair price on the winners of the last two televised tournaments playing out the final of this one.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Two for me tonight. Didn't see your question about Webster until just now theoldmaster, I would agree Webster probably does prefer sets to legs but class acts should in theory be class acts in both formats and there's no reason why he can't go well in legs formats, at least that's what I'm hoping :ok. 4pts V.van der Voort vs A.Tabern - Over 6.5 180's Evs Skybet Is it me or does this line look really low? Maybe it's because Vincent van der Voort has turned himself into a really good darts player and has flown past Tabern in terms of ability, consistency and quality. However these two have played a few times in the past and most of them go close and there's no clear reason why this one won't be either. It's one of those matches which could go into extra legs if both play to their potential so I expect there to be more than enough legs to get 7 180's here. Van der Voort can be a heavy 180 scorer when the flow is right while Tabern's capable of knocking in his share to see this line covered. I'd have probably had this line nearer the 8-8.5 area so I'm happy to take the overs here. 6pts A.Lewis (-3.5 legs) to beat K.Painter Evs Skybet A couple of years ago this handicap would've looked a leg or two too big but if anything these days it looks one or two too low. Painter hasn't been anywhere near his best for a good long while and his 3-0 defeat to Dolan in the World Championship where he scratched around for an 85 average highlighted that he's got issues. His issue tonight is even if Lewis puts in one of his poor performances he's going to average 95 and even at his very best Painter was never consistently in that league over 19 legs. In short Lewis scores way too heavily for Painter these days and he's more reliable on the doubles and I expect the world champion to win this no worse than 10-6.

Two for me tonight. Didn't see your question about Webster until just now theoldmaster, I would agree Webster probably does prefer sets to legs but class acts should in theory be class acts in both formats and there's no reason why he can't go well in legs formats, at least that's what I'm hoping :ok. 4pts V.van der Voort vs A.Tabern - Over 6.5 180's Evs Skybet Is it me or does this line look really low? Maybe it's because Vincent van der Voort has turned himself into a really good darts player and has flown past Tabern in terms of ability, consistency and quality. However these two have played a few times in the past and most of them go close and there's no clear reason why this one won't be either. It's one of those matches which could go into extra legs if both play to their potential so I expect there to be more than enough legs to get 7 180's here. Van der Voort can be a heavy 180 scorer when the flow is right while Tabern's capable of knocking in his share to see this line covered. I'd have probably had this line nearer the 8-8.5 area so I'm happy to take the overs here. 6pts A.Lewis (-3.5 legs) to beat K.Painter Evs Skybet A couple of years ago this handicap would've looked a leg or two too big but if anything these days it looks one or two too low. Painter hasn't been anywhere near his best for a good long while and his 3-0 defeat to Dolan in the World Championship where he scratched around for an 85 average highlighted that he's got issues. His issue tonight is even if Lewis puts in one of his poor performances he's going to average 95 and even at his very best Painter was never consistently in that league over 19 legs. In short Lewis scores way too heavily for Painter these days and he's more reliable on the doubles and I expect the world champion to win this no worse than 10-6.
just a wee bit concerned by the Painter bet Kev now i am not a fan of his just watch all the finger licking stepping back from the oche, deep breathes etc Painter loves all that crap but he always seems to do well at Blackpool and indeed his best displays in the last couple of years have been in the matchplay i agree Lewis should have him, but we'll see if Painters ******* around puts Lewis off a bit, it just would'nt surprise me to see Painter squeeze out 7 or 8 legs.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay To be honest mate I hope he tries to slow Lewis down because I think Peter Manley is the only player I know who can slow the other player down without ruining his own game. Pausing before he throws the double is fine but when Painter slows down in the scoring phase for me it effects him just as much as his opponent. If Lewis comes out and goes 3 or 4 legs up early I'd expect Painter to be shaking his head all over the shop and the will and spirit will disappear pretty quickly :hope.

To be honest mate I hope he tries to slow Lewis down because I think Peter Manley is the only player I know who can slow the other player down without ruining his own game. Pausing before he throws the double is fine but when Painter slows down in the scoring phase for me it effects him just as much as his opponent. If Lewis comes out and goes 3 or 4 legs up early I'd expect Painter to be shaking his head all over the shop and the will and spirit will disappear pretty quickly :hope.
unlucky Kev but as i said Painter has a record of going to two leg advantage at Blackpool i recall he had an epic with Baxter some years back too unlucky, i'm a tad dissapointed with Part though he showed he is still a class act

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Time for me to get involved with the World Matchplay. One outright and one for tonight. - 5pts 2nd Quarter Winner: Gary Anderson @ 19/20 [bluesq] With the form that Anderson has been in so far this year, I genuinely feel that the only person that can touch him in this Quarter is Simon Whitlock and well, let's face it, if those two were to play each other right now I'd fancy Anderson to win 8 times out of 10. When you pack the scoring power that Anderson possesses not many can keep up with you and that's what I think will see him through the early stages of this tournament fairly unscathed. Infact, I actually see Anderson winning this thing altogether. I honestly can't see him going out any earlier than the semi-finals and at a shade under EVS, I smell an ounce of value on Anderson to come through here with a favourable draw. - 7pts Raymond van Barneveld (-2.5 legs) vs. Steve Brown @ 8/11 [bet365] Others would be a bit more daring than I and take the -3.5 line widely offered around even money for this match tonight but I'm going to steer clear and be a pussy. Don't really envisage too much trouble for Barnes tonight. Definitely don't see him conceding seven legs anyway. These two have played once before and Barnes ran out a 10-1 winner! Steve Brown isn't totally useless though I think he'll win more than the single leg tonight. Barneveld however should have enough in his locker to overcome this early tie. Hopefully there are not too many surprises tonight. Was actually going to do a Wade/Barneveld double which pays just under 1.70 but saw this instead. Fingers crossed I start well.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Fantastic night of arrers last night. Expensive night of arrers but a fantastic night nevertheless. Wouldn't have been quite so bad if Painter hadn't completely bottled sending Webster and possibly Wade's biggest danger out but at least he gave us some comedy gold with that ridiculous interview :lol. -10 after last night but going with 3 tonight. 3pts P.Nicholson vs C.Osborne - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Blue Square I think these two are relatively evenly matched. Nicholson comes into the event in better form but I don't think he'll shake Osborne off too easily. He's very good at holding in throw in these events and he's one of those players who you are caning in a leg but then he'll stick in a 180 and turn it right around and suddenly you are under pressure. Both these guys score well and both check out well. Osborne can miss the odd double here and there but he's not the worst in that part of the game. These two met in a UK Open qualifier in April and that ended 6-5 in Nicholson's favour and I see no reason why this won't be close too. We saw three matches cover this line last night and I think that will be a constant in this event given that we've got the 32 best players in it. 10-7 or closer either way gets the job done for us here and I don't see either winning by 2 clear breaks of throw so it's overs for me. 4pts M.Walsh vs D.Chisnall - Over 7.5 180's 11/10 Betfred This looks a big price. I think the line is about right but I don't see any reason why the over is odds against. Dave Chisnall, as we've seen in the past, is one of the heaviest scorers in the game while Walshie is no stranger to the 60 either. Walshie hit 5 180's in his first round match last year and if he does that this year then Chizzy will mop up the remaining 3 that we need. I can see both players hitting half a dozen 180's here as it's another match which I see being close and one which could quite easily go into extra legs. 4 each isn't out of the question for these two so I'll take the overs here. 5pts J.Wade (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Caven 4/5 VC Jamie Caven is a bit of a weird case in that he was talked of highly when he came on to the scene but he seems to have got stuck at a level which is beneath the TV events but above some of the floor events. That's not something that can be levelled at James Wade. He raises his standard for the major events and he's very good at doing so. One criticism we can have of James Wade is that he often doesn't play well in the opening rounds in tournaments and I suspect that's why this handicap is so low but I believe that will change now that his depression is out in the open and he seems in a happy place. The facts are Jamie Caven has made only 2 quarter finals on TV and I don't see that improving this week. At times in recent TV events he's looked like he's just happy to be there and pick up the prize money. I expect Wade to be too good, as he was when he beat Caven 10-3 in this round in 2009, and win this no worse than 10-6.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay random angle this one but "apparently" according to Dave Clark(Sky presenter) Barny has lost his darts and has had to get another set from a local shop in Wigan. Now I have no idea how specialised his darts are and if a replica is as easy to obtain from Wigan of all places! Will keep an eye on the prices see if anything changes but if Barny isnt happy with the new set we could see a bit upset tonight. I wont make it an official pick but just passing on information that was only know within the last 10 minutes. good luck tonight gents :ok

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay I'll start my own personal tournament off today with a couple. Always a risky game backing a couple of heavy favourites on the handicap, but see Wade and Barney being comfortable tonight. Raymond Van Barneveld -2.5 legs handicap to beat Steve Brown- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Much like Tyler, was deliberating over the (3.5) handicap at the more attractive price but in the end I have chosen to play it a touch safer. Fully aware that Barney has had problems with his darts and he's had to get some delivered later on tonight but that doesn't put me off him here. Granted it could make some wary over him tonight, but he's last on, and a man of his quality shouldn't find it too hard to adjust, and he'll be able to practice before the match anyway so I don't see it becoming a huge issue. Also, it could just work it his favour as Steve Brown will be aware of the problems Barney is faced with, and if Barney gets ahead early on, fair chance he'll make Brown disheartened and that could see the Brit's attitude drop. Barney has won all 5 past meeting between the 2, covering the handicap in each and I'd fancy him to make it 6 in a row tonight last on. James Wade -3.5 legs handicap to beat Jamie Caven- 8/11 Coral- (5/10) I expect Wade to be comfortable here as well. I know Kev has him on the outright and he should have a good week in my opinion now that he seems to be past the low point in his life with the depression. If anything, this may just give him that extra bit of motivation for this week as he will look to bounce back and be amongst the big boys again. Wade should be much happier in front of the TV cameras though, much moreso than Caven who doesn't seem to play his best darts on the big stage with alot of people watching. Wade's leads the H2H 3-0, including a win here back in 2009, and I expect him to win by at least the 4 leg margin required here.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay just wondering why everyone is so keen on backing Barney, the way he gives up is nigh on unnaccptable, that for me is the worst thing a darts player can do and we have seen it from him more than once i really feel that his opponents must think if they can get in front of him then he is there for the taking would anyone back Barneveld to beat ANYONE from 5 legs behind? now not that i am saying Brown will get 5 legs in front but in the latter stages should he make it that far he faces having to come from behind and for me that fight has gone from him

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay I'm not backing him tonight but I can see why people would. For the first 5 months of the year he looked as good as ever in the Premier League and he's a class above Steve Brown at this point in their careers as proved at the UK Open last month when only Barney's missed doubles let Brown get to 5 legs against him. To be honest the only opponents I see Barney giving up against is Taylor and that's a mental thing long before a match starts. I wouldn't say he gave up in the World Champs and UK Open against Anderson and Newton, I'd say he was just outplayed by 2 opponents in the form of their lives who never let up. I would've backed him tonight or at least considered it but this darts shenanigans, while I don't think it will have too much difference, gives me a reason not to as when I'm -10 in a tournament I don't really want to be guessing about darts used and stuff. I would be very surprised if Brown gets 7 legs tonight though.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Excellent stuff tonight guys :nana. Full house for me so +11.13 for the night and up to +1.13 which isn't too bad having begun the night -10. Will come back with a full insight into tomorrow's matches erm tomorrow :loon but I'm taking this one now as this price ain't lasting. 3pts J.Pipe to beat M.King 21/10 Sportingbet No idea what this price is all about. It's so much bigger than anywhere else that I've got to take it now. It's a best of 15/8 elsewhere. Mervyn King is having a horrendous time in TV tournaments right now. Aside from the Grand Slam group matches he hasn't won a match on television since the UK Open last year. That's a horrible run and the last thing he needed was this match which will be akin to sticking needles in his eyes. That's how I feel when I watch Justin Pipe anyway. This boy would make fast forward look like it's slow motion, he's so slow and deliberate it's untrue. King is all about a rhythm and that's when his arrers flow. He ain't getting that here. His best bet is to throw his darts, nip outside, do 10 lengths of the pier and back, grab a stick of rock on his way back into the Winter Gardens and sit and eat it while Pipe lines up his 3rd dart. I bet Taylor and Newton are well chuffed that this is the second match on. If it goes any kind of distance it might finish just before sun goes down. On Friday :lol. Of course I exaggerate. Slightly. But you get the picture. This isn't going to be an enjoyable night for King who while Pipe is taking all day is likely to be copping his usual stick, abuse and other delights from the crowd who have long since clocked onto the fact that those earplugs King wears do nothing. There's a reason why King has lost it on TV. Unless it's his father passing away I'm not sure what it is which annoys me as I like to know to have an angle on these things but whatever it is there's no signs that it's ending soon. Pipe probably won't so much beat King here but he will bore him into submission and as long as he's sat in the 2nd round bookies will pay out so it's Mr Slow for me in this one.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Scratch all that, I'm back with another :lol. Someone's been on something good to offer this line :unsure. 6pts W.Newton vs A.Smith - 6 or more 180's 11/10 Bet365 What on earth is this line all about :loon. I can only assume bookmakers have a) got the wrong men, or b) think this will be a walkover. I don't think it will be. These are arguably the two form men on the floor right now. Well Newton not even on the floor as he's just made the final of the UK Open. He may not be in the Anderson mould for hitting 180's but he can hit them. In his 3 knockout matches on the Sunday in Bolton he hit 4 180's in all three. A repeat of that tonight is alcazaycazam. To be honest I'd take 3. Andy Smith might have an eye for a pie but he's got a pretty decent eye for the 60 bed as well. In the World Championships he played 3 matches and hit 19 180's which came along in 6, 7 and 6. This match is the same length of all of those matches so the line is ridiculously low. I would say these two hit 180's at around the same rate as Nicholson and Osborne maybe slightly more with a prevailing wind and those two hit 13 180's admittedly in 22 legs. Barneveld isn't a huge 180 hitter these days, especially with shiny new arrers and Brown isn't any more prolific than these two. Those two hit 7 in 13 legs. Ridiculously low line and when there's 7.5 lines the same price as this and 6.5 lines at 8/11 the price is fantastic too. I'm jumping all over this one with a chunky first round bet.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay That looks like a great spot on the Newton v Smith 180s For anyone else wanting to get in on this the price has now dropped to 1.83. Still looks like value to me though and I will join with a decent stake :hope