** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay

kevshat

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay 3 for tonight. Hoping for and need a better one than last night. 3pts J.Henderson to beat A.Hamilton 5/4 Boylesports I think this is a bit of a pick em match so the 5/4 that the rocking horse has drifted to is a decent bit of value. I wouldn't argue with anyone who said to me Hamilton is the better player but he's been out of nick for a while and one good performance doesn't necessarily mean he's back in form just yet. Henderson played well against Colin Lloyd and but for a few missed doubles in the middle period his average and the score would've been a lot better for the Scot. Hamilton played well against Anderson but Anderson let him in with some missed doubles. Henderson has some real scoring power even though he's still a bit unknown to most and if Hamilton misses a few doubles then Henderson can take advantage. Henderson has nothing to lose now, he's made the last 16 on his PDC major debut so anything he achieves from here will be a bonus and I think he can edge out the Hammer here. Henderson leads their head to head 4-1 which is a further confidence boost so it's Big John for me in this one. 4pts P.Taylor (-6.5 legs) to beat W.Jones Evs Sportingbet Phil Taylor played fairly decent in the opening round against Mark Hylton and I sense both the mouth of Paul Nicholson and the defeat of Anderson will have spurred him on to up his form again in this match. Wayne Jones never really inspired me in the opening round and had Scott Rand not missed doubles with nerves when it got tight Jones would've been pushed a lot more. The problem Jones has here is Taylor didn't miss many doubles against Mark Hylton who was able to put him under more pressure than I expect Jones to as Hylton is a heavier scorer than the Wanderer. The other problem he's got is Taylor looks like he's going to average over a ton and I don't think Jones has the game to do that over 20 legs. Not on current form anyway. These two have met 13 times in the past and Taylor has won all 13. The biggest game they've played was the European Championship final last year which Taylor won 11-1. I don't see it being quite that easily here but I do see the Power, who will want to make sure he leaves Blackpool this week with one TV title still to his name, winning this no worse than 13-6. 5pts W.Newton (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Pipe 10/11 Betfred I'm happy to take Wes here. Although Pipe came past King in the last round King clearly had confidence and injury issues weighing him down. Although Pipe was close after 10 legs the standard was rotten and he's going to need to up his game dramatically to compete with Newton tonight. Wes will be full of confidence after his UK Open run and win over Andy Smith and he goes about his business in the same way. Decent scoring and consistent finishing and I don't think Pipe has the consistency in his game to cope with that over this distance. I fully expect Wes to win this no worse than 13-9.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay

3 pts - Over 1.5 170 Checkouts @ 2.10 Betfred Going to get stuck with an early tournament bet. I haven't really got great reasoning for this one, but I just think with the players on show this line can be covered. Skybet currently have the same bet @ 1.83 so I think I am getting some value here, and will have a nibble with small stakes. If Simon Whitlock has a decent tournament then he could cover this bet on his own.:hope Interested to know what other people think on this one? Lets Play Darts
Winner Alrite!

3 pts - Over 1.5 170 Checkouts @ 2.10 Betfred Going to get stuck with an early tournament bet. I haven't really got great reasoning for this one, but I just think with the players on show this line can be covered. Skybet currently have the same bet @ 1.83 so I think I am getting some value here, and will have a nibble with small stakes. If Simon Whitlock has a decent tournament then he could cover this bet on his own.:hope Interested to know what other people think on this one? Lets Play Darts
In with half the tournament to spare :nana. Great shout mate :clap:clap.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Odds from Sky Bet: Quarter-finals: 13:15 Simon Whitlock 1/6 vs. 4/1 Andy Hamilton 16:00 Adrian Lewis 2/5 vs. 15/8 Mark Webster 19:15 James Wade 8/13 vs. 5/4 Raymond van Barneveld 21:15 Phil Taylor 1/8 vs. 5/1 Wes Newton (First to sixteen legs, or win by two clear legs if it reaches 15-15) Outright: Phil Taylor 4/5 Adrian Lewis 5/1 James Wade 11/2 Simon Whitlock 17/2 Raymond van Barneveld 9/1 Wes Newton 20/1 Mark Webster 20/1 Andy Hamilton 66/1 Tournament winner 'without Phil Taylor': Adrian Lewis 7/4 James Wade 2/1 Raymond van Barneveld 9/2 Mark Webster 7/1 Simon Whitlock 15/2 Wes Newton 20/1 Andy Hamilton 66/1 To reach the final: Phil Taylor 1/3 Adrian Lewis 11/8 James Wade 7/4 Raymond van Barneveld 7/2 Simon Whitlock 7/2 Mark Webster 6/1 Wes Newton 10/1 Andy Hamilton 33/1 Who will win? Taylor v Field: Phil Taylor 4/5, Field 10/11 New Champion: Previous Champion (Taylor & Wade) 4/9, New Champion (Hamilton, Lewis, Newton, van Barneveld, Webster & Whitlock) 13/8

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay 6pts - Whitlock v Hamilton - Hamilton highest checkout over 112.5 PaddyPower This line looks really low to me and I will play with fairly large stakes. So low that I just spent 20 minutes with online help confirming it isn't related to Whitlocks highest checkout - that was hard work. Hamilton covered this line 3 times against Anderson with 135, 130 and 122 checkouts. Even in a pretty poor match yesterday he still managed to cover the line twice with 147 and 113 checkouts While IMO he probably wont win as many legs today and therefore make as many checkouts. I think he will need to be taking out the larger shots to stay with Whitlock so we should see a fair few attempts to help us cover this line. I think Hamilton got dragged down in the quality of the match yesterday and I expect a much better performance against Whitlock today. Hopefully one that should produce a great match and some nice big checkouts for the Hammer.

6pts - Whitlock v Hamilton - Hamilton highest checkout over 112.5 PaddyPower This line looks really low to me and I will play with fairly large stakes. So low that I just spent 20 minutes with online help confirming it isn't related to Whitlocks highest checkout - that was hard work. Hamilton covered this line 3 times against Anderson with 135, 130 and 122 checkouts. Even in a pretty poor match yesterday he still managed to cover the line twice with 147 and 113 checkouts While IMO he probably wont win as many legs today and therefore make as many checkouts. I think he will need to be taking out the larger shots to stay with Whitlock so we should see a fair few attempts to help us cover this line. I think Hamilton got dragged down in the quality of the match yesterday and I expect a much better performance against Whitlock today. Hopefully one that should produce a great match and some nice big checkouts for the Hammer.
sorry forgot the odds. 1.83

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Disappointing night for me last night with a couple of crossbars hit. Wes limited the damage though. 4pts S.Whitlock (-4.5 legs) to beat A.Hamilton 8/11 Ladbrokes I'm more than happy to take this line. I think we saw last night that Hamilton's performance against Anderson was a rarity rather than the norm as he settled back to type last night with not outstanding scoring and a stack of missed doubles. It's the missed doubles which leads me to taking this line. The reason Hamilton is no longer pushing for a Premier League space and making finals in major events is that he misses way too many. Admittedly Whitlock hasn't been ultra great on his over the last 9 months or so but we saw shades last night that his finishing power could be returning and if it does Hamilton won't even get semi close here. Ovens missed a lot of doubles last night but Whitlock still played well. Another thing I don't like for Hamilton is even if he scores well he's probably not going to significantly outscore Whitlock here so for me I can't see anything other than a comfortable Whitlock win and a win which will be no worse than 16-11.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay 5pts M.Webster vs A.Lewis - Over 26.5 legs 8/11 Blue Square 4pts Highest Checkout - Over 128.5 5/6 Stan James This match should be an absolute belter. I'm already effectively on Webster at 11/2 this afternoon but I expect a really close match on the form both have shown so far. Both are scoring well and both are checking out well which is the key for Webster as I think that gives him a real chance this afternoon. Lewis can go through sloppy phases in long matches but we've seen from Webster in the past both in the BDO and the PDC that he's ultra consistent in these long matches. As long as Webster continues to hit those doubles he should be in with a chance while Lewis won't be far away with the cheap legs his insanely good scoring gives him. I can't see this finishing worse than 16-11. That would be 3 unanswered breaks of throw which is a lot even in a race to 16. I don't see that happening. Both men have checked out well in this tournament. Webster hit a superb 158 against Beaton which shook him to his boots while Lewis finished his last match with a 170. I think these two can hit a couple of decent checkouts this afternoon and the line still looks a bit low to me especially as Webster has an awful lot of attempts at a 130 finish. I'll take the overs in legs and the checkout.

4pts S.Whitlock (-4.5 legs) to beat A.Hamilton 8/11 Ladbrokes I'm more than happy to take this line. I think we saw last night that Hamilton's performance against Anderson was a rarity rather than the norm as he settled back to type last night with not outstanding scoring and a stack of missed doubles. It's the missed doubles which leads me to taking this line. The reason Hamilton is no longer pushing for a Premier League space and making finals in major events is that he misses way too many. Admittedly Whitlock hasn't been ultra great on his over the last 9 months or so but we saw shades last night that his finishing power could be returning and if it does Hamilton won't even get semi close here. Ovens missed a lot of doubles last night but Whitlock still played well. Another thing I don't like for Hamilton is even if he scores well he's probably not going to significantly outscore Whitlock here so for me I can't see anything other than a comfortable Whitlock win and a win which will be no worse than 16-11.
I feel for you. One of the biggest chokes I have ever seen in sport from The Wizard.

As a person who doesn't fully understand the workings of darts but has been watching PL darts on tele for the past few years' date=' would I be stupid in thinking Barney at 2.20 might be value v Wade :unsure[/quote'] After what I have just witnessed between Whitlock and Hamilton I almost give up. I would have said keep your money in your pocket as Wade will walk it, but now I just don't know. :unsure As Tyler said, Unlucky Kev. I really can't believe how Whitlock lost that game. As for my own bet on the over 112 checkout that lost as well. Really disappointed with myself as I have just given them back my win for the over 170 checkouts in one go. :wall

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay That Whitlock bet was cruel in the extreme. Up until 15-8 the match was played out exactly how I thought it would, Whitlock outscoring Hamilton who missed doubles at crucial times to stay with him. Cruising at 15-8 then 6 match darts later it's 15-12 :puke:puke. That sort of thing makes me wonder if it's worth the hassle especially as it's not the first crossbar I've hit this week (but by far the most sickening) and after hitting a load of them in the World Championship but I've fancied this one ever since the line came out so I'll go with it and see where it gets me. I'll update the +/- at the end of the night. 5pts W.Newton (+6.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 5/6 Sportingbet 1pt W.Newton to beat P.Taylor 6/1 Sportingbet Wes Newton has been playing some excellent darts recently and from what I've seen in this tournament so far I think he'll give Taylor a game tonight. For Wes to average as good as a ton in his match with Justin Pipe last night was no mean effort considering he was throwing 3 darts an hour with Pipe's pace :lol. I know Taylor averaged 108 against Jones but he was toying with Jones really and the 7 legs Jones got was probably 2 or 3 more than he deserved. We've seen over the last 9 months that when the pressure comes on Taylor can miss doubles and he'll start biting his flights and generally feel the pressure. Wes is scoring so consistently at the minute that he will keep the pressure on Taylor and he's checking out really well as a 42% checkout rate last night will testify. As long as Wes doesn't freeze on the big game environment, and he shouldn't do now after Bolton, then I expect him to run Taylor close here. They've met 13 times and Taylor's won 13 times but the only time they've met when their careers have headed towards each other was earlier this year in a floor event. Newton lost that 6-5 which shows he's getting a lot closer to the great one and that can continue tonight. I'll have a bet on Newton getting 10 legs tonight and a smaller one that he can make it all the way to 16.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay 3pts Hamilton v Taylor - Hamilton most 180s (+2) Handicap @ 2.20 Skybet While I fully expect Hamilton to get beaten and beaten heavily. I still think he can live at least close to Taylor on the 180's. Giving me the +2 handicap and what I consider a very decent price I will have a play. Taylor has breezed into the semi-finals, but even with his hammering of Newton he wouldn't have managed to beat the handicap. In fact he wouldn't have beaten it in any of his matches so far - 5 a piece with Newton, 5 a piece with Jones and 4-7 in favor of Hylton. Hamilton has so far managed 9 against Whitlock, 5 against Henderson and a rather disappointing 1 against Anderson - however he did manage 15 140+'s in that match. If Hamilton can have a decent match in terms of 180 scoring I would expect him to be around the 5 or 6 mark. Hamilton is @ 1.67 to 1.91 (depending on the bookie) to score 5.5 or more 180's. If you offered me 6 now I would take that and think we have a decent chance of beating Taylor. To add a bit of caution I will only play 3pts on this match as I am still wary about backing against Taylor in any market - even with the handicap.:hope

Just one for me tonight. Effectively on Wade already. 7pts P.Taylor vs A.Hamilton Under 26.5 Legs 5/6 Stan James I don't see Hamilton taking 10 legs off Taylor tonight, not if Taylor's on the same form as he was last night when he threw 5 of the best legs I've ever seen and barely eased up. I think Newton is a better player than Hamilton and he did nothing wrong and only won 5 legs so I don't see the Hammer doubling that tonight. How Hamilton is still in the competition I still don't know but he won't be after tonight and I think he'll make his exit without 10 legs to his name tonight. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

3pts Hamilton v Taylor - Hamilton most 180s (+2) Handicap @ 2.20 Skybet
Well chuffed with that. It finished 10 - 3 to Hamilton so not even close in the end. Well played Kev. You showed some real bottle to have a nice chunky bet after the luck on the last few good calls. :clap

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay I don't. Not on one week anyway. If he steam rolls the European Championship next week as well then possibly but he's been opened at 7/4 for that so I'm not sure he'll be odds on for the worlds immediately. Better night for me yesterday. No idea how it came in but I think Hamilton owed me that. Back to -7.66 overall now and with Wade in the final I will end the tournament in profit, it's just a case of how much in profit as I can't find anything else I fancy in tonight's final so I'll just sit back and enjoy and hope Wade can produce the goods :hope.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay There was no beating that :sad. Finally I come good again with an outright bet and it's the same time Taylor comes back to form. He hates me I'm convinced :lol. +8.75pts for the Wade outright which leaves me +1.08 overall which isn't as much as I'd hoped for but with some strange turn of events it's probably not that bad. Well done to everyone with winners in the thread :clap:clap.