** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay

kevshat

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Two for me tonight 3pts Andy Smith 3 Dart average under 92.5 5/6 Victor Chandler I feel this is a little too high for the pie man tonight, really feel he might suffer be with him being last on and after Taylor aswell.Whilst his scoring in General is decent he is prone to miss quite a few doubles which will bring his average down, could be quite a scrap this one but i dont feel Smith will have it in him to hit a near 93 average tonight. 3pts M.King -2.5 to be J.Pipe 5/6 William Hill This is going against Kevs bet which given the reputation he has could be dangerous but i feel Merv could have a easier night than many think tonight.Yes Pipe is the slowest player i ever seen but thats hardly a secret so Merv would have prepared him self for that tonight.Quite simply King is a much better player than Pipe and given the year he has had think he will be more determined than ever to make sure he has a good tournament here.I feel King will be too strong for the slow playing Pipe tonight and will win this one no worse than 10-7.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more for me tonight. 3pts W.Jones (-2.5 legs) to beat S.Rand 11/10 William Hill I think Wayne Jones' experience will count for a lot tonight. He's reached a TV final last year and performed well over the last 18 months on the box. Scott Rand isn't so experienced. He's a good player but Woody doesn't have a weakness in his game. He scores well and checks out well and is consistent. Rand will have his moments but for me Jones wins this no worse than 10-7. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

There is a couple I fancy tonight just put the one up for now and will hopefully add the others when I get a bit more time. 4pts J.Henderson 3 dart average under 90.5 5/6 Victor Chandler Hendo has done brilliant to just make it to the matchplay in such little time since he switched from the Bdo.But with this being his first appearance at the winter gardens there are sure to be some nerves and that coupled with the fact he wouldn't have played on a stage like this before this might well effect his game.It's also sure to be quite warm up on that stage and I feel the big man might struggle with it up there tonight.Hendo even on a good day might struggle to record a above 90 average so all things considered I certainly don't see him recording one tonight. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

One more........ 3pts R.Baxter v D.Ovens over 16.5 legs 10/11 Victor Chandler The first game of the night and the game that could possibly be the hardest to call.Ovens comes here with his confidence sky high after a great run at Bolton where he reached the semi finals, whereas Baxter is not having a great year but he always seems to save his best for Blackpool.Ovens might not be the best player to watch but he does score consistently and I just can't see either player running away with this one tonight.All the other firms have this priced up at 4/5 so I'm quite happy to be on this at 10/11 tonight. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay +3.6 for the night for me last night. Annoyingly bet365 got away with that 180 line as Smith couldn't get going. That put paid to an outright too so I'm +3.73 overall now. Going with 2 tonight. 4pts D.Ovens to beat R.Baxter 6/5 Boylesports I like Denis Ovens tonight. I accept the school of thought that Baxter saves his best for Blackpool which is his local tournament but I think Ovens could have his number tonight. I didn't particularly rate Baxter in his defeat to Chisnall at the UK Open but we can't say anything back about Ovens at that event. If we were to assess the form like you would in a horse race then Chisnall hasn't franked the Baxter form but Mark Hylton has definitely franked the Ovens form having pushed Taylor so close last night having been beaten by Ovens in the Quarter Final at Bolton. This is a similar game to last night's King vs Pipe game in that Baxter likes a rhythm and Ovens is more deliberate. The more deliberate player won last night and I think he will tonight too. 4pts J.Henderson to beat C.Lloyd 6/5 Sportingbet Colin Lloyd is having a shocker of a 2011 as emphasised by the fact that he had to play in the opening rounds in the UK Open which previously would've been unheard of given his record on the floor. When he's not performing on the floor then he's got issues because he hasn't performed to his best on TV for a good while. I always cringe whenever Lloyd and TV come together because he'll come out in his interviews say the same stuff and heap the pressure on himself then fall flat on his arse. His defeat to Richie Burnett, who admittedly played well against him, in Bolton highlighted his fragile form. John Henderson is nothing special in that he's not going to win a tournament on TV anytime soon but he can beat the lesser level of the top stars. The fact he qualified for the PDC tour in itself was an achievement and getting here within 6 months - something Barneveld, admittedly in a different qualification system, and Webster never did at the first time of asking - is a very good achievement. Henderson is an improved player from the one we saw in the BDO and a confident Hendo can beat a struggling Lloyd so it's the rocking horse style of Big John for me in this one.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Got back too late yesterday to look at the matches but looks like Kev had a good night with Pipe winning. I'm having 3 tonight which can hopefully carry on a promising start. Simon Whitlock -3.5 legs handicap to beat Peter Wright- 4/6 Sportingbet- (5/10) Fancy the Wizard tonight to be comfortable for the majority. He's reached a couple of Players Championship semis last over in Holland which should give him a fair bit of confidence and form going into tonight and this week. Granted in the past few televised events he hasn't been at his best but I'm sure he'll want to have a decent week or so given he made the semis here 12 months ago. Wright has done well to qualify for the last 32 here, equalling his best ever show at the Matchplay but aside from a good UK Open performance, he hasn't been in the greatest of form for a good while now and I find it hard to see him raising his game enough to take 7 legs of Whitlock tonight so I'm on the handicap in this one. Gary Anderson -4.5 legs handicap to beat Andy Hamilton- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Initially I had intended to take the overs on the 180s line but have eventually plumped for backing the Scot on the handicap due to the better price and also Hamilton's lack of form. The Hammer has really struggled for form in recent times, and hasn't made a quarter final appearence in any tournament for a couple of months or so. We saw at the UK Open where he is at with his darts right now, and that is a place where if he doesn't play at least 3 times that level, he won't be able to get near Anderson tonight. The Scot has won his last two tournaments going into this week and I really don't see how we won't win with ease, much like Wade and Barney have done in the past couple of days. He is now firmly established as one of the best players on the tour and despite his finishing being questionable at times, his ability to nail the treble 20 is a joy to watch where he gets going. Hamilton has actually been able to run Anderson pretty close in most of their meetings, but I don't see it happening today, given the contrasting form of the two players, so I'm backing Anderson to win this no worse than 10-5. Denis Ovens to beat Ronnie Baxter- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) I see no reason why Ovens should be rated as the underdog here. Baxter still remains one of the most consistent players on the tour, but never really has it in him to win matches to take him deep into the competitions these days. So often do we see him lose in the last 32 or 16, which is extremely frustrating as he is a joy to watch when playing well. Saying that, I still fancy Ovens to have the edge over him tonight. Ovens is just as consistent as Baxter, and in my opinion has that extra dimension is his game to win those close battles which this match certainly could be. Ovens as Kev has mentioned will play at his own pace, which is slow and steady scoring and I'm not sure how Baxter will fare with that as his rhythm could suffer due to Ovens' style so I'll back Denis to come through this one.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Will put this up just for the sake of my P/L but a quick one in play. Gary Anderson over 9.5 180s- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) 5-5 atm, so should be a few more legs in this one, so 2 180s for Anderson shouldn't be too much to ask for so I'm taking it,

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay In response to Fishy posting up his in play bet I was just wondering if it's worth having a live chat thread for....a bit of live chat and in play opportunities? I know they have them in the football threads and they can provide some good markets and also help to not clog up the main thread. Probably a good reason why we don't have these in the Other sports forum, but just thought I would ask ??

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay

In response to Fishy posting up his in play bet I was just wondering if it's worth having a live chat thread for....a bit of live chat and in play opportunities? I know they have them in the football threads and they can provide some good markets and also help to not clog up the main thread. Probably a good reason why we don't have these in the Other sports forum, but just thought I would ask ??
There is one here mate: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f16/other-sports-livescore-thread-july-2011-a-107362/index14.html :ok

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Frustrating night with Whitlock especially, missed a ton of doubles towards the end, meaning he missed the handicap by a leg. Loss of -3.50 tonight, bringing me down to +3.77 overall for the tournament. Couple of good shouts from Kev though, that early loss looks a thing of the past now :ok

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay +8.6 for me last night with the Anderson lost messing up the finalists outright but I don't mind that as it's a serious threat to Wade gone. 3 for me tonight on a day which I see having some close matches. 4pts M.Webster vs S.Beaton - Over 21.5 legs 8/11 William Hill I'm quite happy to take the overs on this line. If you looked at these two primarily at their first round stats then you would say Beaton will win this but we all know Webster's quality and when he's pushed he can up his game a lot on that first round performance. John Part never troubled him for the opening 10 legs and when he did push Webster the Welshman found his game nicely to close it out. Beaton looked in excellent form against Jenkins, showing us the form that beat Taylor in the Grand Slam and if Beaton comes out like that again tonight then I think this one will have plenty of miles in it. 13-9 either way or closer sees this a winner and I don't see either man winning by more than four no matter how the match is played out. 3pts A.Lewis Over 6.5 180's 10/11 Blue Square Adrian Lewis hit 12 180's against Kevin Painter in the opening round and for 10 legs he didn't really play all that well. I fancy this match will be one of those rat a tat matches which suits Lewis perfectly and I expect the world champion to continue to score heavily this evening. He'll need to because van der Voort can score well and is a real improver in the PDC circuit. Lewis needs to win 13 legs in order to win this match and it's rare that he plays well and doesn't average 1 180 every 2 legs and that's all he needs to do tonight so I'll take him to score at least 7 180's tonight. 4pts R.Barneveld vs P.Nicholson - Over 22.5 legs 10/11 William Hill This looks like being another close match even accounting for the crowd being all over Nicholson tonight after the ridiculous running of his mouth of Sunday night. He reckons having the crowd against him works and we'll definitely find out tonight as Barney is loved by the crowd. One thing Nicholson does have the ability to do is produce his best darts against the top players. I still think he'll lose tonight but if he does play close to his best then he can win 10 legs. Barneveld didn't seem too bothered by his missing darts exploits against a dangerous opponent in Steve Brown, seeing him off easily enough and a repeat of that should ensure he wins 10 legs tonight if not the 13 I expect him to win. It wouldn't surprise me if this goes into extra legs. Barneveld is the better player but he misses one or two more doubles than I'd like. Nicholson is more limited but will hang in there. I can't see it finishing any easier than 13-10 either way.

Two for me tonight 5pts A.Lewis -3.5 to bt VDV Adie was run close by Painter on Saturday and in all honesty should be sitting at home right now, but he isn't and I don't see him being pushed nearly as close tonight.Despite the fact he should have bitten the dust in the first round I don't feel theres much wrong with his game right now.In that match he averaged 98 and considering for the first half he was averaging near 90 this tells you how well he played in the second half.Vincent won on Saturday but didn't nearly play as well and with his quick game ideally suited for Lewis game I feel Lewis will win this and win it well. 3pts Nicholson to bt Barney 7/5 Victor Chandler Third match of the night and a match that promises so much, but I have to favour the loud mouth Aussie here.Both these players averaged near enough the same in their first round matches but Barney wasn't really put under any pressure and its no secret that if you put Barney under pressure he isn't the same player.Simply put if Nicholson plays just as he did in the first round then Barney will be put under pressure and then the missed doubles and the doubt will creep in.Nicholson is sure to get a lot of stick from the crowd tonight (after his mouthy rant at Taylor) but the Aussie seems to thrive on this and I think that's what will happen again tonight,so at nice odds I'm on the Aussie big mouth to prevail. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay NICOLSON v BARNEVELD, Just for you kev i'm backing Paul here! you all know by now i rate this lad, and yi have also made my views on Barney very clear. Nicholson always perfrms well against the better players he seems to find that extra gear no one will doubt his concentration and desire to win and IF he gets in front of Barney i would favour him to hold the lead, as i said for me Barneveld is a spent force and if this develops into an real battle just watch Barney raise the white flag, his fight has gone so i am backing the Aussie

NICOLSON v BARNEVELD' date=' Just for you kev i'm backing Paul here![/quote'] That's awfully nice of you mate. I'll give you my details so you can transfer the winnings should he win :ok :unsure:unsure.

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay TAYLOR v JONES 7/1.ok so i never thought i would see myself betting against Taylor for a wee while yet. but regulars here know that i rate Wayne a lot, he has been such a consistent performer in the last 18 months on the PDC tour and he is a player no one fancies taking on now, Taylor just squeezed past Hylton and now he faces an even more awkward opponent , Woody plays well here he had a good run last year knocking out Wade on his way, so taking on big guns won't phase him he had a fine 161 out in his first game and he has no real weakness , his scoring power is much improved in the last 18 months and the jerk he does on the third dart does'nt seem to affect him now like it used to. Taylor for me is'nt the force he was don't get me wrong i am not going to write him off too many have done that before but i jsut think that Wayne has the game to really get on Taylors back, and i'll take the Wolerhampton mand to take out the power.

3 pts - Over 1.5 170 Checkouts @ 2.10 Betfred Going to get stuck with an early tournament bet. I haven't really got great reasoning for this one, but I just think with the players on show this line can be covered. Skybet currently have the same bet @ 1.83 so I think I am getting some value here, and will have a nibble with small stakes. If Simon Whitlock has a decent tournament then he could cover this bet on his own.:hope Interested to know what other people think on this one? Lets Play Darts
Haven't followed closely enough to know if 1 has already been hit? But 1 from Lewis gets you halfway with plenty of legs left in this tournament!

Haven't followed closely enough to know if 1 has already been hit? But 1 from Lewis gets you halfway with plenty of legs left in this tournament!
Just that 1 so far mate but plenty of people are having a go at it so certainly got a chance now :hope

Re: Darts: Skybet Mobile World Matchplay Frustrating night that one for sure. Both overs bets were 7-7 at one point and both lost :wall. Couldn't believe the Webster Beaton one would fail at 7-7 but Webster went ton plus checkout mad and that was that while Nicholson died on his arse a leg too soon. Maybe he'll keep his trap shut in future. The positive is I'm on Webster at 11/2 on Friday so I'll take that but annoyingly -11 tonight and back to +1.33 overall now. Another positive is Wade is looking good. I thought he was a lot more comfortable than that 13-11 scoreline suggested just then. At no point did I think he was in danger of blowing it but credit to Walshie for forcing him as far as he did. Webster vs Lewis and Barney vs Wade. Bring on Friday :cigar.