£5 > £600 in 4 steps

League1_punter

Last year i made the silly mistake of betting big on the opening weekend of the football league. This year I am going to start more sensibly and just have some fun with the good old £5 > £600 in 4 steps. (£5 > £25 step 1, £25 > £100 step 2, £100 > £300 step 3, £300 > £600 step 4.......I think that was the process lol) Ive started this now as a) Im so excited and Ive picked a bet already lol and b) I want to have a few cracks at this before August the 6th Bet #1 Step 1 Charlton v Bournemouth Brentford v Yeovil Northampton v Accrington £5 returns £30.25 Bet #2 Step 1 Uruguay u17s v Mexico u17s Chile v Peru Uruguay v Mexico Brazil v Ecuador £5 returns £32.15

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps

Bet #2 Step 1 Uruguay u17s v Mexico u17s :) Chile v Peru :) Uruguay v Mexico :) Brazil v Ecuador :) £5 returns £32.15 :D
Mixed bag for the next step Bet #2 Step 2 Pauline Parmentier v Sara Errani Durham v Northamptonshire Bristol Rovers v Inverness CT - Both teams to score 6.45 Leopardstown - Maybe £32.15 returns £130.43

Mixed bag for the next step Bet #2 Step 2 Pauline Parmentier v Sara Errani Durham v Northamptonshire Bristol Rovers v Inverness CT - Both teams to score 6.45 Leopardstown - Maybe £32.15 returns £130.43
Congrats on the first one, mate. Gotta admit when I first saw that I thought ''no chance'' :)

Looks like you just need Inverness to score in the next 45 minutes... good luck mate! :hope

Congrats on the first one' date=' mate. Gotta admit when I first saw that I thought ''no chance'' :)[/quote'] Cheers :ok. Glad you were wrong :p Cheers aldric :ok. Comfortbale in the end but i was starting to worry lol Will look at possible bets tomorrow afternoon, but ill probably go for the next step at the weekend

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps Nice going :clap Don't you take some winnings out no? If you are pretty good mate at picking 3 result accumulators, just keep doing them for £5, won't you make some decent profit that way long term. Like you won first one, so you made +£31.15 - Enough to afford another 6 with winnings and the £5 you started with (7 in total). You won 2nd one also, so you would have enough now for 14 or so if you get what I mean, so you have plenty of room for a few losses and then hitting again. Anyway's g'luck with hunt will be watching :ok

Nice going :clap Don't you take some winnings out no? If you are pretty good mate at picking 3 result accumulators, just keep doing them for £5, won't you make some decent profit that way long term. Like you won first one, so you made +£31.15 - Enough to afford another 6 with winnings and the £5 you started with (7 in total). You won 2nd one also, so you would have enough now for 14 or so if you get what I mean, so you have plenty of room for a few losses and then hitting again. Anyway's g'luck with hunt will be watching :ok
Cheers :ok. I wasn't planning on taking any out but i've had a little re-think. The aim is to be at £100 after step 2; I am currently on £130, so Im going to withdraw £30 and have a few more attempts. I fancy a bet on the ggs today but im not confident enough to be placing £100 on it so ill have a £5 step 1 go at it. Bet #3 Step 1 7.25 Newmarket - Dinkum Diamond (5/4) 9.10 Ponterfract - Farlow (6/4) £5 returns £28.13 (taken with WH so there is a possibility of BOG if they drift) Attempts: 3 In-play: 3 Staked: £15 Banked: £30 Profit: +£15

Bet #3 Step 1 7.25 Newmarket - Dinkum Diamond (5/4) :) 9.10 Ponterfract - Farlow (6/4) :( £5 returns £28.13 (taken with WH so there is a possibility of BOG if they drift) :(
Not going to take step 3 on friendlies, will wait till the new season Bet #4 Step 1 Rochdale v Leeds Mansfield v Doncaster Macclesfield v Derby £5 returns £29.47

Bet #4 Step 1 Rochdale v Leeds :) Mansfield v Doncaster :) Macclesfield v Derby :( £5 returns £29.47
Derby cost me this bet and one other..........which would have returned £8000 :cry serves me right for betting on friendlies/lack of discipline :wall

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps league1 punter followed you last season on the 4 step,very unlucky on the 3rd and 4th steps,i think with abit of tweaking using 1st and 2nd steps you could build a big pot threw the season instead of the do or die....keep it at £5 till you reach say 200 then £10 till 500 then 25 till 1000 then syphon off 800 and start again.i think long term you could make 2000 plus in the season, you are very good at picking the trebles and long term the slow build could work...good luck

• 2 weeks later...

league1 punter followed you last season on the 4 step' date='very unlucky on the 3rd and 4th steps,i think with abit of tweaking using 1st and 2nd steps you could build a big pot threw the season instead of the do or die....keep it at £5 till you reach say 200 then £10 till 500 then 25 till 1000 then syphon off 800 and start again.i think long term you could make 2000 plus in the season, you are very good at picking the trebles and long term the slow build could work...good luck[/quote'] to be honest this is just a bit of fun. I usually have big bets on singles and doubles with lowish odds (around evs) which I don't post in this thread and I have been doing quite well the last year or so. This is just a bit fun to see if i can get to 600 from just a fiver. Bet 2 Step 3 Oldham v Sheffiled United - Under 2.5 Walsall v Leyton Orient - Over 2.5 £100 returns £328.18 will prob be back tomorrow to have a few more step 1 attempts

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps actually i lied, im back now........im just too excited about the new season :loon Bet #5 Step 1 Coventry v Leicester Brentford v Yeovil Charlton v Bournemouth £5 returns £36.67 Bet #6 Step 1 Oldham v Sheffiled United - FT CS 0-1 £5 returns £37.50 Bet #7 Step 1 Hull v Blackpool AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers £5 returns £31.05 oooops, forgot I still had Bet #1. Now ive just placed Bet #5 which is almost identical lol oh well, come on Charlton and Brentford!

• 2 weeks later...

Bet 2 Step 3 Oldham v Sheffiled United - Under 2.5 :) Walsall v Leyton Orient - Over 2.5 :( £100 returns £328.18 :cry
Bet #5 Step 1 Coventry v Leicester :) Brentford v Yeovil :) Charlton v Bournemouth :) £5 returns £36.67 :) Bet #6 Step 1 Oldham v Sheffiled United - FT CS 0-1 :( £5 returns £37.50 :cry Bet #7 Step 1 Hull v Blackpool :( AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers :cry £5 returns £31.05 :cry
Just realised I hadn't updated this after seeing Chris had started his up again. Step 3 went down after the game finished 1-0 to Walsall. I fancied Orient to bag a couple in that game but Walker put in a good performance in the Walsall goal. Bet 5 got on to the second step however. Wasn't going to have anything today as I only realy fancy Leicester in the top 4 English leagues but found a couple more to add to it. Bet #5 Step 2 Leicester v Reading Mansfield v Bath City Lyon v Ajaccio £36.67 returns £150.96

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps :(.....the worst part about this is I had a shortlist of 5 games. Villa (won), Oldham (won), Preston (won), Gillingham (won) and Wimbledon (drew). I didnt want to be watching Oldham knowing I had quite a bit of money on them as well so i got rid of them. This left the 4 and I was confident of Villa and Preston so I needed to decide between Gillingham and Wimbledon. :wall Apologies to anybody who followed. I won't be around for a bit now, need a bit of a break from betting. Had a terrible start to the season in terms of betting so going to have a break and let the leagues settle a bit.

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps Mate why don't you do something like this but start off with £1? Let me explain... You could have 5 starting attempts at £1, most of your selections are over 5/1 anyway so if you won you would be moving on with slightly over £5 but the collective first step would only cost £5! You are obviously good enough to pick some winners so if you were getting 2 or 3 of the original 5 to take onto step two (your original step one) you are giving yourself a greater chance to take it onto your original second tier of betting but only actually costing you one (of your original) for 2 or 3 cracks at it. Understand?Hopefully explained it clear enough and not babbling! I would do something like this myself but I don't have the balls or expendable income to bet any more than £10 a go so wouldn't even be able to do your second bets of £30 let alone £100!

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps Cheers for your thoughts P4TP, however I'm not sure I could bet just £1 to win £5. I bet for excitement and to make sports more interesting (the profit is also nice :p) and not sure betting £1 would add to that, if that makes sense. Gary, the last bet was just silly as you probably agree. I wanted a bit of excitement and a possible big profit, however I hadn't been picking many winners so it was silly in hindsight. Getting this back up now. Had a good break and I'm feeling confident. Bet #9 Step 1 Sheffield United v Bury - Sheffield United to win to nil Arsenal v Swansea - Arsenal -1.5 AH £5 returns £30.19 Taken this one early as I think both prices will drop. Realise Arsenal isn't till the 10th. Little appealing to me in League 2 and only a couple of possibilities in League 1. Not a fan of internationals so this maybe my only bet in the next couple of weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps Bet #9 Step 1 Sheffield United v Bury - Sheffield United to win to nil Arsenal v Swansea - Arsenal -1.5 AH After Sheffield United completed the first half of this bet I thought it was in the bag. Unfortunately Arsenal could only manage a 1-0 win over Swansea so it's Step 1 again for me. Im away till Sunday so having a few early ones this weekend. Bet #10 Step 1 Dynamo Kiev v Stoke Hearts v St Mirren Luton v Lincoln Bayer Leverkusen v Cologne £5 returns £30.17 Bet #11 Step 1 Aston Villa v Newcastle Sheffield United v Colchester Fulham v Man City £5 returns £27 Bet #12 Step 1 Leicester v Brighton Hartlepool v Bury Southend v Plymouth £5 returns £30.07 Bet #13 Step 1 Blackpool v Cardiff - BTTS Brentford v Preston - BTTS Accrington v Crewe - BTTS Burton v Swindon - BTTS £5 returns £37.39 Bet #14 Step 1 Darren Bent anytime GS Jermaine Beckford anytime GS £5 returns £25.20 1 of these has to come off! :hope:hope:hope

Re: £5 > £600 in 4 steps Only the one winner :(. Aston Villa cost me 1 of these and they cost me so much yesterday it's not even worth thinking about :sad Bet #12 Step 1 Leicester v Brighton Hartlepool v Bury Southend v Plymouth £5 returns £30.07 Bet #12 was the winner. Thinking of going for step 2 this afternoon, will see if I can find anything