UEFA Champions League - 12-13 July

Re: UEFA Champions League - 12-13 July

HJK HELSINKI will be without star forward Jari Litmanen for tonight’s Uefa Champions League clash with Bangor City at Rhyl. Former Ajax, Barcelona and Liverpool legend Litmanen has almost fully recovered from a knee injury which has kept him sidelined since May, but HJK coach Antti Murinen has decided not to risk his prize asset at Belle Vue. The Finns will also be without key defenders Juhani Ojala, Brazilian right-back Rafinha and Finland international Rami Hakanpaa, but Gambian midfielder Dawda Bah was expected to join up with his team-mates late last night despite initially having visa problems.
Team news from the North Wales Daily Post, the star man has been left at home.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League - 12-13 July Jari Litmanen is not an important player for HJK at all. Just because he has a famous name, doesn't mean anything anymore. He's 40 years of age and has not scored a goal for HJK all season. Ojala and Rafinha are important losses. I'll wait and see the team sheet before betting on HJK, but I also fully expect them to beat Bangor.

Jari Litmanen is not an important player for HJK at all. Just because he has a famous name, doesn't mean anything anymore. He's 40 years of age and has not scored a goal for HJK all season. Ojala and Rafinha are important losses. I'll wait and see the team sheet before betting on HJK, but I also fully expect them to beat Bangor.
Was just going on previous comments and previews of the game about his importance to the side..not going to pretend to know much about a team from Finland! :lol..good luck for all betting on this one.

Was just going on previous comments and previews of the game about his importance to the side..not going to pretend to know much about a team from Finland! :lol..good luck for all betting on this one.
Providing a preview is useful so thank you. I'm merely pointing out that such a headline (HJK will be without 'star forward' Jari Litmanen) in a preview should not discourage people from HJK's chances, simply because Jari Litmanen is not even a starter for HJK.

Providing a preview is useful so thank you. I'm merely pointing out that such a headline (HJK will be without 'star forward' Jari Litmanen) in a preview should not discourage people from HJK's chances, simply because Jari Litmanen is not even a starter for HJK.
Not really looked at the match in detail previously, but I would agree. The name seems to be carrying more weight than the stats. Pukki has 9 in 12 for example, Pelvas has 6 in 11 and Sadik 8 in 15, so they are hardly short of options in an attacking sense. Litmanen has played in only 5 games this season, can't say if this is down to the knee surgery or team selection though as we don't know how long he has been out for. It will come as no surprise to regular bettors at this stage of Euro comp's that the Welsh manager is downplaying their chances;
Powell and assistant Marc Limbert travelled to Finland last week to watch HJK's 4-2 victory against Turku. "They've got international players in their side so the size of the task is immense," said Powell. "We've got nothing to lose. Everybody's expecting us to get beat. "We'd just like to try and keep that tie open for when we go over to Finland. If we can do that the lads will have had a massive achievement.
Prices have been dropping on the AH all day started off at 1.9 in various places for the -1AH now down to 1.6ish almost everywhere, which isn't worth it for me.

Helsinki aren't playing Honka :unsure Unless I've missed what you're on about....
:unsure Jari is not important, that Puukki dude is main scorer, but they have 13+ different scorers! :loon they are Porto of the summer! :loon :lol

Worth remembering that Bangor knocked out FC Honka (Finland) last season in Europe 3-2 over 2 legs when plenty of people were opposing them. HJK look a better side on paper than Honka were but I'm not sure how much value they are at 1.5..I might be tempted to take them on a handicap in the second leg as Bangor are likely to struggle with their artificial pitch and may well be chasing the tie at that point.
Point taken, but that was last season. Bangor won the league but have they gone forwards or backwards? Honka from Esbo won me a few quid last week winning in Estonia but they are clearly no match for HJK in the Finnish league. Honka finished 5th last year and are out with the washing again this season. I could have kicked myself in 2001 when Halmstad ran out and lined up against Bangor. It looked liked pro-athletes v a team of gypsies!! 7-0 away and it should have been ten. Not often i post fancies on here but i fully expect HJK to win. Fitness will tell as the game goes on.

Re: UEFA Champions League - 12-13 July Watched the game, thought both sides were of pretty poor quality, Bangor should have scored at least one and they will feel hard done by to have lost 3-0. Got back from work 30mins in when HJK just missed a guilt edged chance that looked easier to score, from then on it was all Bangor in the first half as they pressed on. Second half I don't think I'm wrong in saying Bangor largely dominated, had tons of corners that granted they did little with but certainly caused a fair few anxious moments in the HJK box, but they didn't have that bit of quality to convert chances that HJK did, prob should have had a penalty too, in the end HJK scored with a break away goal and one near the end that was a good finish. Not sure if there will be any betting opportunities in the second leg, will certainly expect HJK to play better on their own pitch, which will probably cause Bangor problems as it's artificial. HJK got the job done but will certainly need to be more impressive if they are to progress beyond the next round. Be interested to hear others opinions..

I am correct in thinking' date=' bar BATE, every favourite won in this round? Don't think it was anywhere near that level at this stage last year..[/quote'] Yes, you are absolutely correct. Very interesting fact you've pointed out there!

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Very interesting fact you've pointed out there!
and BATE were the only that let me down in the accy that hurts, congrats to everyone that made some profit and keep up the good work lads