** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > 4th-5th July

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July Uruguay - Peru Picks I am thinking about are: Uruguay -1.5, odds 2.22 @ 12Bet Uruguay -2.5, odds 4.25 @ BetCity Correct score 3-0, odds 10.5 @ Betfair Reasoning: Peru will be missing strikers Farfan and Pizarro. Otherwise, I might also have opted for an over pick. One the one hand, I rate the quality of the Uruguay squad quite highly and in my opinion Uruguay´s earlier 6-0 victory over Peru reflects this. On the other hand, Peru is a poor team especially when they are missing those strikers, in the world cup qualification group they finished last. Uruguay with players like Forlan, Suarez, Cavani and Hernandez has a lot of attacking power. Forlan will probably not play very deep, but he will be required to bring some creativity in the game. I think I know Suarez pretty well and he is the kind of guy who really loves scoring goals. Hopefully he will put some balls in the back of Peru´s net. Good luck. :ok

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July CHILE VS MEXICO PREDICTION: CHILE WIN AND CLEAN SHEET @ 2.65 Chile: Chile has a young talented squad with lots of players playing in Europe. Chile will be looking to seriously compete in this Copa America and I'm sure that they can. Players like Alexis, Vidal, Suazo and Jimenez etc are top notch. I expect Chile to cruise their first match which will be played almost as a home match for Chile doe to how close Chile is to this Argentine city. The first two games for Chile are being considered by most here in Chile as Home games. Expect lots of support. There are hardly any differences between this Chilean team with that of Bielsa’s Chile, but this side seems to be a lot more direct and focused on attacking then the one we saw in the world cup. I think we can expect good football and lots of goals from the Chileans. Defensively, Chile’s defense suffers sometimes lapses in concentration which cost a lot, but overall Chile is pretty solid. In their last 8 games Chile only conceded 2 goals and Bravo has kept a clean sheet in their last 3 games. Goalkeeper Claudio Bravo had a good year in La Liga and will be hoping to keep up his good run of form. Chile hasn’t lost a game this year. Mexico: I think the most important thing to mention here is that this is a under 22 Mexican team + 5 players over the age of 22. This is not your everyday Mexican selection, this is an alternative side. Also almost all of Mexico’s players who play in Europe won’t partake of the Copa America due to the fact that their clubs won’t let them. Just two days ago 8 Mexican players were dropped and sent back home due to an incident that occurred prior to their Friendly with Ecuador in Quito in a scandal involving prostitutes. Israel Jiménez, Néstor Vidrio, Jonathan dos Santos, Marco Fabián, Jorge Hernández, Javier Cortés, David Cabrera and Néstor Calderón will not partake in the Copa America. Most noticeable absences for the Mexicans will definitely be Jonathan dos Santos and Nestor Vidrio. Giovanni dos Santos, Nestor Vidrio, Javier Cotes, David Cabrera and Israel Jimenez all played for Mexico in their recent friendly victory over Ecuador. No doubt this will have a huge effect on the team. Team moral must be really low right now. This scandal has gone on and is the main topic of conversation for a lot of sport programs. Expectations have shoot down unbelievably fast, and the faith in this team is close to none in Mexico at the moment. I saw this U22 Mexico both against Venezuela were they lost 3-0 and against Colombia were they drew 0-0. In both matches they never looked like scoring. They lacked creativity and power and pretty much just defended the whole match. I did not see them vs Ecuador were they won 0-1 and were much better apparently. Gio dos Santos coming in will mean more of a threat in attack for them, but I really doubt this will be enough to get a decent amount of goals this cup. I’m expecting Mexico to end last in the group with little if any goals scored for them. URUGUAY VS PERU PREDICTION: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.95 Uruguay: The Uruguayans come into this Copa America as one of the favorites after their incredible performance in the 2010 world cup. They have a consolidated team which has been under the same coach for several years now. They have some great players and in Uruguay the common opinion is that a good Copa America would only be to win it. A bit exaggerated I think, but you can get an idea of what the expectations are like for Uruguay. Players like Forlan, Cavanni and Suarez are no doubt top quality players. Uruguay has a strong attack, midfield and defense and is a very complete team which I would say is well prepared. Uruguay will fight with Chile for the first spot in the group. Uruguay’s form in international games hasn’t been the best though, losing to Chile, Germany and recently drawing with vacationing Holland. You can expect a good Copa America from Uruguay who no doubt will fight to win it. Peru: Peru really has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. Farfan, Pizarro, Ramirez and Zambrano all important players to the Peruvians will not partake in the competition due to recent injuries. Expectations for Peru are low, especially given their long injury list. In Peru’s last 8 matches, none of them have gone over 2 goals. They have drawn 4 times, lost once and won 3. Defensively they have been solid under this coach, conceding only 4 goals since the start of 2010. They have also had clean sheets in their last 5 games. In front of goal the Peruvians have serious issues though, they have only managed to score 3 times in their last 7 matches and have ended most of them 0-0. Without Pizarro and Farfan it’s hard to see how they will score. They played friendly vs Senegal midweek and failed to really create anything, only a last minute goal by Guerrero got them a slender 1-0 win, despite dominating the match they lacked creativity and penetration. You can expect Peru to play to defend itself against both Uruguay and Chile. Uruguay should win the match, but I don’t expect too many goals.

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July

Uruguay - Peru Picks I am thinking about are: Uruguay -1.5, odds 2.22 @ 12Bet Uruguay -2.5, odds 4.25 @ BetCity Correct score 3-0, odds 10.5 @ Betfair Reasoning: Peru will be missing strikers Farfan and Pizarro. Otherwise, I might also have opted for an over pick. One the one hand, I rate the quality of the Uruguay squad quite highly and in my opinion Uruguay´s earlier 6-0 victory over Peru reflects this. On the other hand, Peru is a poor team especially when they are missing those strikers, in the world cup qualification group they finished last. Uruguay with players like Forlan, Suarez, Cavani and Hernandez has a lot of attacking power. Forlan will probably not play very deep, but he will be required to bring some creativity in the game. I think I know Suarez pretty well and he is the kind of guy who really loves scoring goals. Hopefully he will put some balls in the back of Peru´s net. Good luck. :ok
Peru's missing strikers will definitely be a huge blow. However, I think you are underrating the Peruvians here. The Peruvian side that lost 6-0 vs Uruguay was a totally different animal to this one. Markarian is a very recognized coach here in South America and I think we have seen throughout all of Peru's friendlies that he is a defensive minded coach and that he values organization and tactics more than anything. We've seen how the underdogs with tactical order and lots of hard work haven't made things easy so far for the favorites this Copa America and I'm expecting more of the same here. Uruguay should win the match, but don't expect a lot of goals. Peru will park the bus and Uruguay are going to need to play well to break the defense.

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July Need a bit more time to have a look at the market indepth but the Chile game is interesting me. As mentioned above Mexico have got an inexperienced group of players and I cant see them offering much to this tournament. It may take Chile a while to get a break through due to the relatively unknown nature of the Mexico team but I fancy them to come through and win comfortably in the end. So for this game i'm considering; - over 2.5 goals - 2.0 at most places - a -1 handicap at 2.3 or maybe be more cautious as this is the opening match of the tournament for Chile and take -1AH at 1.95. Both odds from Bet365 - the highest scoring half being the 2nd half which is evens in most places. - Also might consider Alexis Sanchez any time goal scorer at 2.63 at bet365. Sanchez had a great season with Udinese getting them to fourth in Serie A, and in doing so raising his profile and more than likely getting himself a big money move to on of Europes elite teams. I'm sure he will want to justify this hype by having a great tournament and he might have the chance to show of here against a weaker Mexico side. What do people think about these? Not a huge follower of South American football excluding Brazil and Argentina, but this match just caught my eye.

Need a bit more time to have a look at the market indepth but the Chile game is interesting me. As mentioned above Mexico have got an inexperienced group of players and I cant see them offering much to this tournament. It may take Chile a while to get a break through due to the relatively unknown nature of the Mexico team but I fancy them to come through and win comfortably in the end. So for this game i'm considering; - over 2.5 goals - 2.0 at most places - a -1 handicap at 2.3 or maybe be more cautious as this is the opening match of the tournament for Chile and take -1AH at 1.95. Both odds from Bet365 - Also might consider Alexis Sanchez any time goal scorer at 2.63 at bet365. Sanchez had a great season with Udinese getting them to fourth in Serie A, and in doing so raising his profile and more than likely getting himself a big money move to on of Europes elite teams. I'm sure he will want to justify this hype by having a great tournament and he might have the chance to show of here against a weaker Mexico side. What do people think about these? Not a huge follower of South American football excluding Brazil and Argentina, but this match just caught my eye.
Should of read the forum about a month ago, man. Chile were around 1.90 before the bookies caught on. I got the draw no bet @ 1.35, which is higher than the outright now :lol

Need a bit more time to have a look at the market indepth but the Chile game is interesting me. As mentioned above Mexico have got an inexperienced group of players and I cant see them offering much to this tournament. It may take Chile a while to get a break through due to the relatively unknown nature of the Mexico team but I fancy them to come through and win comfortably in the end. So for this game i'm considering; - over 2.5 goals - 2.0 at most places - a -1 handicap at 2.3 or maybe be more cautious as this is the opening match of the tournament for Chile and take -1AH at 1.95. Both odds from Bet365 What do people think about these? Not a huge follower of South American football excluding Brazil and Argentina, but this match just caught my eye.
I think if your leaning towards over 2.5 goals, you should just go with the Chilean -1 Asian Handicap or -1 Handicap. Both have good value. The chances of Mexico scoring against Chile are very low. Can't see them scoring at all. Their only threat is G dos Santos and he won't be able to do everything by himself. Chile defense and goalkeeper looks solid too.

I think if your leaning towards over 2.5 goals, you should just go with the Chilean -1 Asian Handicap or -1 Handicap. Both have good value.
Yeah this is what i'm going for, medium stakes on the -1AH which is now a very good 2.0 at bet365. Think i'll leave it at that for this game. :hope

Event Chile - Mexico
Selection Chile -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.07
Reasoning The Argentinian coach Claudio Borghi will debut with Chile on a big tournament and he will count on his team with the Chilean stars that play in Europe and Chile can also count with the strong support of their fans that will travel to Argentina to be with their team. Chile use to play good football and offensive play. They are also one of the main contenders to win this tournament. They never won a international tournament but the second place in the South AMerica qualifying to the World Cup 2010, will make them a respectable opponent. Mexico after the several problems they had, they will play with a kind of olimpic team, very young and with lack of international experience. Chile should play with all the weapons they have, excepting Valdivia: Claudio Bravo; Pablo Contreras, Waldo Ponce and Gonzalo Jara; Mauricio Isla, Gary Medel, Arturo Vidal, Jean Beausejour and Matías Fernández; Alexis Sánchez and Humberto Suazo. I expect a easy win to Chile.

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July Uruguay -1.5 @ 2.62 pinnacle Uruguay reached the semi finals of the World Cup last year and now they are looking to win the Copa America. With Brazil and Argentina off to disappointing starts with draws in their respective openinn games, then this is a great opportunity for Uruguay to showcase their talents and get off to a good start. They are very solid at the back with Lugano and Godin. their midfield is pretty tough and not much gets past them, while if they play three up front, then Suarez, Forland and Cavani are a very good trio of forwards who have the ability to score. Peru have a few injuries, and hared to see them matching Uruguay. Though they beat them 1-0 at home in the WC qualifier in 2008, they were beaten 6-0 in Uruguay in 2009 with Forlan grabbing a hattrick, and hard to see Uruguay not scoring here, while the Peruvians will sit back, the Uruguayans should have too much class for them. Chile -1 (AH) @ 2.35 pinnacle Some concern about the odds of Chile winning continue to rise, but feel that if they show anything like they did in the World Cup last year, then they should win this one, given that Mexico are playing with their udner 23 squad. Sanchez is the standout player for them, and hard to see the young Mexicans being able to handle his talent on the ball, while they did attack last WC with flair, and like them to continue this play, as that his how these players have been taught to play when coached by Bielsa, and no reason for them to change this approach.

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July tbh the rate brazil arg and para played, who know how the other two big boys chille and uru are gonna do, been horrible tournament so far, boring atmosphere, jus dry and uttter lack of intensity

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Uruguay - Peru
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 04/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.28
Reasoning Urugauy are definetly stronger team than Peru. Urugauy reached the semi finals at World Cup last year they have great players in their attack like Forlan, Cavani, Suarez with these three their offense seems to be so strong. Uruguay recorded three over in last four matches. On the other hand Peru aren't so weak team but their recent results are bad three 0-0 draw in last three frilendly matches against not so strong teams like Czech Republic, Japan. If Peru want to take something of this game they will need of goals beacause of so strong Urugauy offense. Peru usually play good against this country they won last match 1-0, but lose 6-0 in last qualfucations to the world cup. This should be Urugauy win with big score I hope.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Chile - Mexico
Selection Chile -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.19
Reasoning Another match of Copa America, Chile will face Mexico, as we know after big problems in Mexico squad, doping, sex scandal, also they took a part at Gold Cup, the mexican federation decided to use their youngster team under 22 years for Copa America. So Mexico will be like Costa Rica with young players who are not so experienced than other teams in that cup. On the other hand Chile will give their for this cup they are with the best players here, as we know Chile played in round of 16 at last year World Cup, they showed very good soccer and their fans hope this will their year. Chile are eight matches after World Cup unbeaten, they defeated Urugauy 2-0 when they played against strong team. If Chile play as usual this will be an easy against mexican youngsters I believe.

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July International Soccer 2011 Overall 6W-4L-4P +0.30 units (60.00%) Chile -138 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Think this might be a bit of a trap line with Mexico coming off the gold cup victory. The Mexican team is young as it is, but a lot of them were also sent home after the Ecuador game. Chile is great with Sauzo and Sanchez and they have a great midfield. I think this game will be played in front of the Mexican goal and Chile will have a lot of chances to win this game. Uruguay -1 (-124) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes The other 2 big favorites struggled, but I dont think that's likely for Uruguay. Too much firepower up front for them. Peru's missing there best attacking players.

Uruguay -1.5 @ 2.62 pinnacle Uruguay reached the semi finals of the World Cup last year and now they are looking to win the Copa America. With Brazil and Argentina off to disappointing starts with draws in their respective openinn games, then this is a great opportunity for Uruguay to showcase their talents and get off to a good start. They are very solid at the back with Lugano and Godin. their midfield is pretty tough and not much gets past them, while if they play three up front, then Suarez, Forland and Cavani are a very good trio of forwards who have the ability to score. Peru have a few injuries, and hared to see them matching Uruguay. Though they beat them 1-0 at home in the WC qualifier in 2008, they were beaten 6-0 in Uruguay in 2009 with Forlan grabbing a hattrick, and hard to see Uruguay not scoring here, while the Peruvians will sit back, the Uruguayans should have too much class for them. Chile -1 (AH) @ 2.35 pinnacle Some concern about the odds of Chile winning continue to rise, but feel that if they show anything like they did in the World Cup last year, then they should win this one, given that Mexico are playing with their udner 23 squad. Sanchez is the standout player for them, and hard to see the young Mexicans being able to handle his talent on the ball, while they did attack last WC with flair, and like them to continue this play, as that his how these players have been taught to play when coached by Bielsa, and no reason for them to change this approach.
I wouldn't be too worried about the odds on Chile rising.There has been a lot of money placed on Chile over the last few weeks at higher odds.Some of that money has probably been laid off now and the market is just reacting.I would expect the price to fall again closer to ko.Sometimes betting resembles the financial markets.I think also that Mexico beat Ecuador in a friendly and the Ecuador drew with Paraguay last night might be a very slight factor.I backed chile at 1.8 a few weeks ago and I'm going to put some more on now at 4/6.....

Also i think the fact that the bankers in this tournament have done pretty poorly so far might have caused the bookies to be a little bullish.Anyway whatever the reason' date='I'm still backing Chile....if they lose,que sera but there is a big edge here on a Chilean win......[/quote'] Agreed. I have been al over Chile from weeks back, and not prepared to lay any back at this stage. I think I have some cracking value bets, and if they lose so be it.

Re: Copa America > 4th-5th July Gotta admit, I had a look at Mexico's highlights against Venezuela and Ecuador yesterday before the game, and Mexico didn't look too bad, so I was a little less confident. Chile did the job in the end though. For the rest of the tournament however, it would seem siding with the 'dogs may be the way to go.