** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The "All Green" Grand National 2012

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 REACTION TO THE WEIGHTS FOR THE JOHN SMITH'S GRAND NATIONAL Paul Nicholls (Neptune Collonges 11st 6lb, Niche Market 10st 4lb) "Both have got weights I half expected. Neptune is too consistent for his own good and he would seem to have plenty to me, but he did run well in a Scottish National with a big weight so he is used to it. "Niche Market will get in and would appear to have a lovely weight." Dessie Hughes (Roberto Goldback 11st 4lb, Black Apalachi 11st 3lb, Rare Bob 10st 9lb, In Compliance 10st, Vic Venturi 10st) "Roberto Goldback is probably entitled to have that sort of weight on his level of form, but I think Black Apalachi's weight is a disgrace. "He hasn't run in almost two years, he's a 13-year-old now and they haven't dropped him a pound. "He's been round Aintree four times and has been unlucky a couple of times, but he can't be as good a horse as he was two years ago. "The owners will be very disappointed and we'll have to have a think about whether we run him now. "Rare Bob will probably run, along with Roberto Goldback. The other two are going to struggle to get in." Tony Martin (Psycho 11st, Northern Alliance 10st, Saddlers Storm 9st 5lb) "They would all be intended runners if they get in, but I'll we'll just have to see where we are nearer the day. "Psycho would be running off a mark of 153. He's rated 148 in Ireland, so it's not all that different and a few pounds isn't going to make a lot of difference in a National." Tom Taaffe (Treacle 10st 8lb) "Treacle has come out of the Hennessy well and the Grand National is absolutely the plan. "He has gone up a stone in Ireland due to that run and otherwise he wouldn't have got into the National and that's why he ran at Leopardstown. He actually needed to run a good race and thank God, he's run his best race ever. "He was bought as a three-year-old for the owner Mr Nielsen with the intention to being a National horse some day but we didn't think that it would take eight years!, "He jumps and stays which is what you've got to do to have a chance in the National. "At this stage we're just trying to get there but it's still a lottery and you've got to look out for fallers and be lucky enough not to fall yourself. Everything has to fall into place and he'll go straight there now." Henry Daly (Pearlysteps 10st 6lb) "He should get in at least. It's an entry we've made but at this stage it's too early to say whether he's a definite runner or not. "He's not certain to run, it's just an entry at this stage but the race is in our mind." Stuart Crawford (Killyglen 10st 4lb) "Off that weight you'd be fairly hopeful he'd get in the race, and that is the main thing. "The horse is in good form and he'll probably have a run somewhere during the first weekend in March. "He could go the same route as last year and run in the Grimthorpe Chase at Doncaster, or he could go to the Premier Chase at Kelso or a handicap chase in Leopardstown. "Doncaster would probably be the favourite option at this stage, but it would be ground dependant. "He nearly made it round Aintree in the Grand National last year and he's a good jumper. With that bit more experience under his belt, I'd be hopeful he would get round this time and run a big race." Noel Glynn (Becauseicouldntsee 10st 3lb) "He's going to have a run over hurdles tomorrow just to get his confidence back. He had a heavy fall in the National last year and in the Paddy Power. "He had 10st 8lb in the National last year so he's a few pounds lower but that means he's not certain to get in. "The National is his target and he'll run in the Kim Muir at at Cheltenham first. It's a nice weight." John Hanlon (Alfa Beat 11st 5lb) "I'm very happy with his weight but I wanted 11st! "He was unlucky at Leopardstown the last day when he just clipped heels and went down on the flat.He's in great form at the moment and he'll have a run in Down Royal in about three weeks. "Barry Geraghty was very happy with him the last day until he was brought down and I'm hoping he'll ride but obviously it depends on what his boss (Nicky Henderson) runs. "Good ground is vital to him and he should get it over there. The National has been his aim all year." John Wade (Always Right 10st 10lb): "It looks a nice racing weight and at least he's guaranteed to get a run. "I suppose he is quite hard to assess as he didn't run well at Wetherby last time for some reason and we don't really know why. "He seems in good form at the moment and the plan is for him to run in the Grand National Trial at Haydock on Saturday, so hopefully he can bounce back there." Henrietta Knight (Calgary Bay 11st 6lb) "He has got a lot of weight but he probably deserves it now and is in really good form. Hopefully it's second-time lucky." Venetia Williams (Mon Mome 10st 8lb) "A pound or two of weight matters less than getting them there in good form. He seems in good order and runs at Haydock on Saturday." Evan Williams (State Of Play 10st 3lb, Cappa Bleu 10st 10lb, Deep Purple 11st 3lb) "State Of Play is a hard horse to train but he's gone well round there before and is best fresh. Cappa Bleu will either go for the National Trial at Haydock or run at Ascot at the weekend. There are worse things to do than go down the Grand National route, but he's far from certain to run at the moment. Deep Purple stayed better than I thought he would at Sandown and it looks like he might end up going to the National by default." Neil Mulholland (Midnight Chase 11st 8lb) "I'd prefer a lot less weight but he does stay and has got a bit of class. We'll have to see how Plan A goes in the Cheltenham Gold Cup before we think about Plan B." Lawney Hill (Minella Theatre 9st) "He's not qualified yet so hopefully he will run at Sandown on Friday but it's very exciting to have our first entry." Willie Mullins (Quel Esprit 11st 7lb, Blazing Tempo 11st 4lb, Scotsirish 11st 2lb, Apr Approach 11st 1lb, Shakervilz 10st 2lb, Uncle Junior 10st 5lb, On His Own 10st 11lb, Prince De Beauchene 10st 6lb, Cooldine 10st 7lb, The Midnight Club 10st 8lb, Quiscover Fontaine 10st 4lb, Some Target 9st 10lb) "The plan is for Quel Esprit to go for the Gold Cup. He's really got it right this year and I wouldn't have any problem with him going to Aintree. "Blazing Tempo is a good jumper and will go to Cheltenham first so I'm not sure about her. "Scotsirish runs in the cross country at Cheltenham. The trip at Aintree would be a worry but he loves the fences and the ground so will run. "Apt Approach runs this weekend over two and a half miles and will go to Cheltenham so we'll see how he is. "Some Target goes to Haydock at the weekend and probably won't get in. "We've been very disappointed with The Midnight Club but I'd like to get him back to Aintree if I can. "If Shakervilz got in, he'd have a chance, while Quiscover Fontaine has a lovely weight and will love the trip. "Uncle Junior goes to the cross country at Cheltenham and will love the trip in the National if I can persuade someone to ride him. "On His Own definitely goes there, while Prince De Beauchene has a lovely weight and would have a chance. "We'll have to see about Cooldine." Arthur Moore (Organisedconfusion 10st 8lb) "He's a lovely horse and Nina Carberry gave him a fantastic ride in the Irish National. All being well, she'll ride him again and I hope to run him shortly at Leopardstown in a fortnight or at Navan." Nicky Henderson (Shakalakaboomboom 10st 12lb, Burton Port 11st 7lb, Quantitativeeasing 11st 2lb) "Shakalakaboomboom is definitely an intended runner. He has done everything right and I think he has the right sort of profile as he stays and jumps. He has to have good ground."Burton Port will probably run at Newbury on Friday against Long Run, otherwise he'll go to Ascot at the weekend before the Gold Cup. He has quite a lot of weight but Trevor Hemmings said he has earned the right for an entry. "Quantitativeeasing has to qualify for the race and we're going to have to run him at the Festival, then he has the option." Alan King (West End Rocker 10st 12lb, Hold On Julio 10st 7lb) "West End Rocker will have his National prep in the Grimthorpe at Doncaster, while a lot depends on Hold On Julio's next run, either in the Racing Plus Chase or at Cheltenham, although he'll never have a chance to run in the National off this sort of weight again." Tim Vaughan (Tartak 11st 2lb, Stewarts House 10st 5lb) "Tartak is a new horse, so we'll have to assess everything with him, but we'll try to line Stewarts House up for the race. He only needs five to drop out, so it's exciting." Nigel Twiston-Davies (Little Josh 11st 1lb, Crescent Island 10st 9lb, Viking Blond 10st, Hello Bud 10st) "Little Josh isn't qualified so he's unlikely. He'll either run against Long Run at Newbury or maybe at Ascot. Hello Bud is the one we're really hoping for and he's in great form, as are the other two." Philip Hobbs (Planet Of Sound 11st 5lb, Fair Along 10st 4lb) "Planet Of Sound will probably run in the Racing Plus Chase and we've been thinking of the National all season. With Fair Along it might be one task too many so we'll see how he does in his next run. Malcolm Jefferson (According To Pete 10st 12lb, King Fontaine 9st 4lb) "According To Pete could run a big race as he's been competitive all year and is a great little jumper. I don't think King Fontaine will get in."

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 LAY – Niche Market £4.73 @ 24.0 As expected, got an attractive looking weight and the price shortened. Layed off a bit for now but he remains one of my main fancies. LAY – Sunnyhillboy £8 @ 50.0 O’Neill’s third entry is Sunnyhillboy on 10-5. “He ran a blinder in the Irish National last year to be third. It’s whether we go there or go here, we’ll decide nearer the time. I think this was my first bet of the year and I still quite fancy him to be honest, but until O’Neill makes his mind up where he is going it’s too risky to remain as exposed as I am, given the amount of money I’ve lost on the likes of Exmoor Ranger, Oscar Time and Poker de Sivola. SHB is one I can revisit later, if he is declared for Aintree as I still think he will be a backable price. So, reluctantly laying most of this one off. LAY – Swing Bill £2 @ 200.0 There has been a recent competition launched with the prize being to win ownership of this one for Grand National day. That doesn’t exactly inspire confidence!

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 LAY – Wymott £7 @ 75.0 Lost form since Hennessy 6th. 2 x below par runs since I backed him and McCain can’t explain the loss of form. Best to leave him and release the funds for something else. If he was to return to form, he is well treated off 139. LAY – The Midnight Club £15 @ 30.0 I read his last race in a positive light but I was in the minority it seems and vibes aren’t very positive from connections. "We've been very disappointed with The Midnight Club but I'd like to get him back to Aintree if I can.” And this is from Graham Regan – owner of Niche Market: “I was at the weights lunch on Tuesday when Willie Mullins was interviewed and he was not confident about The Midnight Club at all. He said his best two hopes were On His Own and Prince De Beauchene.” I think he actually looks well treated now but like Sunnyhillboy, he is one I’m pretty sure I can get involved with later if I want to. BACK – Synchronised £4 @ 29.0 O’Neill is bullish that he will run even suggesting he would favour the National over the Gold Cup! I’d say he is a certain runner in the Gold Cup but there is a longer 4 week gap between Cheltenham and Aintree this year so he could easily run in both. Assuming he does, he has carried weight over long distances in the past and I don’t expect the ground to ride too fast at Aintree – they cant afford another PR disaster like last year. Also, I think if Synchronised runs, then McCoy is on. LAY – Cappa Bleu £5 @ 28.0 “Cappa Bleu will either go for the National Trial at Haydock or run at Ascot at the weekend. There are worse things to do than go down the Grand National route, but he's far from certain to run at the moment.” LAY – Cooldine £2 @ 65.0 Apparently it is intended that Mullins’ son Patrick rides this in the National, however he might not be able to do the weight in which case they will pull him out. If they fancied him, theyd get a decent jockey on, who can do the weight and he is out of form anyway. Not mentioned at all by Willie Mullins in the quotes summary above and isn’t likely to run. I’m out. LAY – Treacle £10 @ 30.5 Having backed at 90.0 at the weekend, the price shortened sharply after he was Pricewise’s antepost pick for the race. He has decent credentials but there are question marks over whether he has the class and also how he will cope with a steep rise in the handicap.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 Tomorrow's racing should be interestign and I guess will see some movement in the market. There are 19 entries running tomorrow: 15:00 Ascot 2m5f Grd1 Chs Tatenen 15:00 Ascot 2m5f Grd1 Chs Little Josh 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Mon Mome 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Neptune Collonges 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Le Beau Bai 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs King Fontaine 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Always Right 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Giles Cross 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Some Target 13:50 Ascot 3m Nov Chs Our Island 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Massinis Maguire 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Crescent Island 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Pearlysteps 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Cappa Bleu 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Viking Blond 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Qhilimar 15:55 Hayd 3m Hcap Hrd Sunnyhillboy 14:05 GowP 2m4f Grd2 Chs Chicago Grey 14:05 GowP 2m4f Grd2 Chs Apt Approach

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012

Tomorrow's racing should be interestign and I guess will see some movement in the market. There are 19 entries running tomorrow: 15:00 Ascot 2m5f Grd1 Chs Tatenen 15:00 Ascot 2m5f Grd1 Chs Little Josh 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Mon Mome 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Neptune Collonges 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Le Beau Bai 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs King Fontaine 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Always Right 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Giles Cross 15:20 Hayd 3m4f Hcap Chs Some Target 13:50 Ascot 3m Nov Chs Our Island 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Massinis Maguire 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Crescent Island 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Pearlysteps 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Cappa Bleu 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Viking Blond 14:25 Ascot 3m Hcap Chs Qhilimar 15:55 Hayd 3m Hcap Hrd Sunnyhillboy 14:05 GowP 2m4f Grd2 Chs Chicago Grey 14:05 GowP 2m4f Grd2 Chs Apt Approach
I'll be looking for decent preps from some of my main fancies today - Chicago Grey primarily although 2m4f will be a bit short for him. Decent runs from Neptune Collonges and Some Target in the National trial will be welcome with a view to laying off at shorter prices. Massinis Maguire is interesting. If he shows any return to form (placed in RSA pre-injury) then he might be worth backing at a big price.

Massinis Maguire is interesting. If he shows any return to form (placed in RSA pre-injury) then he might be worth backing at a big price
A really gritty performance from Massinis Maguire to win there and I got £5 matched at 110.0 which is a decent price. He will go to Aintree well in at the weights now and the way he battled to hang on there suggests that he will easily get further than today's 3 miles. Will he get 4m4f? Thats the question mark but cant turn my nose up at 109/1. BACK - Massinis Maguire £5 @ 110.0 Cappa Bleu was eyecatching staying on well in 3rd and I dont know why the trainer is having second thoughts about running him. He looks to have decent Aintree credentials.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 LAY - Some Target £6 @ 120.0 This one was "pricewised" for the Grand National trial at Haydock in an hour or so and it looks like people are backing him for the National in anticipation of a good run today. The problem is that he is rated 132 and a win today wont change his rating for Aintree. It is touch and go whether he gets in off 132 regardless of whether he wins today so i'm pretty comfortable laying a bit off here. It funds my Massinis Maguire bet anyway!

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 I think I did the right thing inlaying off Some Target. Didn’t really threaten in the National trial today andhe has disappointed this season. Chicago Grey ran a good prep race in Irelandtoday, well beaten by Rubi Light but stayed on into 2nd, ableit threateningto unseat his jockey a couple of times as he tired towards the end.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 LAY – Mon Mome £2 @ 75.0 Excuses yesterday in the sense that he wouldn’t have enjoyed the boggy ground but that’s this last two runs in which he has been pulled up now which is far from ideal. LAY – Giles Cross - £2 @ 55.0 Will only run if its soft/heavy so worth keeping an eye on the weather forecast closer to the time. I’ve laid off too early in hindsight, considering I initially backed him at 400/1! If the rain comes I’ll be kicking myself. Rain isnt impossible but with the National being later this year (middle of April), it makes it less likely. He reminds me of Silver By Nature from last year who needed soft, didn’t get it and flopped. LAY – Neptune Collonges - £22 @ 44.91 Excellent run today but he was well treated with Derham able to claim his 7lbs. Crucially, he wont be able to claim that back in the Grand National and that could be decisive. I want him on my side but he wouldn’t be one of my main fancies. Therefore reduce the exposure. LAY – Massinis Maguire - £5 @ 75.0 10 mins after I backed him, David Pipe is on Ch4 saying he will make a decision about running him at Aintree after he runs at Cheltenham. Pissed on my chips somewhat! At least I have him covered. BACK – Niche Market £2 @ 38.0 I’ve had another £2 on Niche Market @ 38.0 after he drifted yesterday. I cant think why that has happened and he remains underrated in my opinion.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 Posting the updated table is a bit awkward since the PL upgrade, so I’m keeping an updated one in post #1. You will see from the table I am £64.43 in the green now and that will be dedicated to backing horses whom I actually think can win. The backing to lay opportunities are going to be pretty much exhausted now and I think i'm finished on that front. I’ll post up some thoughts over the coming days. :ok

Back – Planet of Sound 24p @ 46.0 I have only had 24p matched so far but I might as well put my reasons for backing him whilst I wait for the rest to be matched. It won’t take a genius to work out that he has entered calculations after an excellent 2nd in the Hennessy behind Carruthers. He has a similar profile to Deep Purple in the sense that he is a horse that has been running at the highest level and took advantage of a bit of leniency in the weights. He will run off the same mark of 158 if lining up at Aintree which makes him of interest. That has historically been a decent trial for the National and I would be happy if I could get 46.0 on him.
The rest of this got matched at 40.0 (£4.60). He runs today at Kempton and should run well. Niche Market is on the drift , however he is still firmly in my top 3 for this and i've had another £2 @ 40.0 BACK - Niche Market £2 @ 40.0 Its the Bobbyjo Chase at Fairyhouse today, which is a traditional National trial for the Irish entires. Of mine, Prince de Beauchene and Rare Bob line up so i'll be looking for decent shows from them. PdB is favourite for the big one in Aintree now - he still has stamina doubts for me.

Its the Bobbyjo Chase at Fairyhouse today, which is a traditional National trial for the Irish entires. Of mine, Prince de Beauchene and Rare Bob line up so i'll be looking for decent shows from them. PdB is favourite for the big one in Aintree now - he still has stamina doubts for me.
PdB won at a canter today displaying the fact he is very well handicapped. The fact he runs off the same mark at Aintree has propelled him to the head of the market and you would have to think that he will be Ruby Walsh's mount now. I have a slight stamina doubt though in the sense that he is French Bred and the furthest he has run is 3m1f. Ideally, I like to see form over 3m4f when considering bets for the National, especially for French breds. He is one I want on my side but have had a small lay matched LAY - Prince de Beauchene £2 @ 15.5

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 Of the others, Rare Bob was average in 4th, Deep Purple fell when behind in the Racing Plus Chase at Kempton and Planet of Sound ran a decent race to finish 3rd in the same race. Previous runner-up Black Apalachi was the big eyecatcher in the Bobbyjo Chase, staying on well into 2nd place however its hard to be enthusiastic about a 13 year old whose best chance of winning the race has unfortunately passed. He was 200/1+ this morning and would have been happy to have backed him at a triple figure price but trading at around 40.0, he doesnt interest me.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 DEEP PURPLE PLANS ON HOLD Grand National. Click here to bet. Evan Williams Profile Deep Purple (USA) Profile Live horse racing results! Horse racing racecards and form! Horse racing non-runners! Horse racing video replays! Plans for Deep Purple are on hold after the Evan Williams-trained chaser bled as well as taking a bruising fall at Kempton on Saturday. The 11-year-old was fancied to run well in the Racing Plus Chase, but had lost his place when he fell at the 14th fence. "He's a bit battered and bruised and he did bleed as well during the race which he has done in the past," said Williams. "I imagine he'll have to have a quieter time. It was very disappointing, but he's done it before. The unfortunate thing was that he fell as well. "I'll talk to Mr Green (owner), but it was far from an ideal prep for a race like the Grand National. I haven't decided anything, but I wouldn't describe it as the ideal platform to go to Aintree. "Plans for him are right up in the air." Deep Purple is one of three entries Williams has in the world's greatest steeplechase along with Cappa Bleu and State Of Play, who are both owned by Mr and Mrs William Rucker. Although connections have yet to confirm Cappa Bleu a definite runner, the 10-year-old is the shortest priced of the trio in the ante-post betting. He returned from a long lay-off to win at Haydock in November and has since finished third in the Welsh National and third in a competitive handicap chase at Ascot behind Massini's Maguire. "There are no real decisions about him, but the National is definitely something the way I'm training," Williams went on. "There's nothing concrete at all. I wanted to get Deep Purple's run out of the way and see where we are going, but I haven't discussed it at any great length with Mr and Mrs Rucker yet. "We are just chopping away and see how plans pan out. "He came out of the Ascot race exceptionally well and got a good deal of benefit out of his run. "It blew the cobwebs away and hopefully he'll strip fitter next time. "I want to talk to Mr and Mrs Rucker about the Cheltenham aspect or whether we go to Aintree. "The plans will be clearer in the next week or so." State Of Play is not guaranteed a place in the line-up but has finished in the first four in the last three Nationals. His last two appearances have been his only runs of each season and Williams admitted it was hard getting the horse ready for the big day. "He worked on Saturday. He has a few aches and pains and it's always very difficult," the Llanfarcan trainer went on. "February is always a bad month for me with State Of Play because it's difficult to get the work into him. Fingers crossed we are on track, but it's going to be a tricky one. "It's going to be difficult to get him there as he's a little bit older and it's going to take a lot more work again this year. "I'm on course with him, but it's a tough course." ------------------------------------------------ CHICAGO GREY HAS GRAND TARGET Grand National: Chicago Grey 20/1 Chicago Grey (IRE) Profile G Elliott Profile Live horse racing results! Horse racing racecards and form! Horse racing non-runners! Horse racing video replays! Chicago Grey will head straight for the John Smith's Grand National after delighting connections in his final run before the Aintree spectacular. The nine-year-old made eye-catching late progress to take second place behind leading Ryanair Chase fancy Rubi Light over two and a half miles in the Red Mills Chase at Gowran Park earlier this month. Chicago Grey will bypass next month's Cheltenham Festival, where he won the four-mile National Hunt Chase last season, and be prepared for the National on April 14. His trainer Gordon Elliott knows what it takes to win the big race on Merseyside, having tasted glory with Silver Birch in 2007, although no grey has been successful since Nicolaus Silver in 1961. "He's good and will go straight to the Grand National now," said the County Meath handler. "We were very happy with his run at Gowran. The two and a half miles was way too short for him." Chicago Grey, who has been given 10st 13lb in the National, is a top-priced 25-1.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 I have lost Cooldine at the first forfeit stage. At the first scratchings deadline all the leading contenders have stood their ground including top-weight Synchronised, Betfred Becher Chase victor West End Rocker, Sky Bet Chase winner Calgary Bay, and Nicky Henderson's Burton Port, who returned from a long absence to finish a promising second to Long Run in the Grade Two Denman Chase at Newbury on February 17. Blazing Tempo, Little Josh, Cooldine, Northern Alliance and Qhilimar were the five horses to be taken out, leaving 77 entered.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 Found a quote re: Rare Bob from after the Bobbyjo at the weekend. I'm going off him a bit i must admit, but Dessie Hughes still seems positive: Rare Bob; Dessie Hughes,”I was pleased with Rare Bob(in the Bobbyjo chase). He ran a nice race. It’s quite a bit before the National, so he’ll probably have another run before then maybe in a hurdle race, too.”

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 One of my main hopes Niche Market runs in the 240 at Newbury tomorrow and i fancy him to win there. Of my others, Organisedconfusion runs in the 400 at Leopardstown. In the 325 Doncaster, West End Rocker is entered. He's one I think I will back for the Grand National closer to the time.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 From the RP this morning :sad

NICHE MARKET will not run in this year's John Smith's Grand National, trainer Paul Nicholls said on Wednesday.[h=4]RELATED LINKS[/h]

The 11-year-old finished second in the Becher Handicap Chase at Aintree in December and was a best-priced 25-1 for the National having run a fine race when runner-up at Newbury last Saturday.Quoted on Twitter Nicholls said: "More bad news to report I'm afraid. Niche Market who ran a great race last week misses the National." With Niche Market absent Nicholls is left with just one contender in the shape of last season's Argento Chase winner Neptune Collonges.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 Yeah just saw this – bad news for the thread and obviously worse news for connections. I have been in contact with Graham Regan, the owner of Niche Market and he was really bullish about his chances of at least placing. They had him in the best condition they’d ever had him in, he hadn’t put a hoof wrong all season and had got him down to a nice mark. I haven’t had much luck this year but I am still £60 in the green and I guess the lesson learnt here is to wait until the last possible moment to place my bets for the race. It’s a bit of a minefield this year. I’d say Chicago Grey is my no.1 and I will likely be topping up on him but I’m loathe to do it now in case I curse him!! :wall:wall:wall

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 AK1979 I only came across this thread just before Christmas. I think then I spent the New Year period going through it and last year's one. You deserve 3 of your biggest payouts fighting it out coming up to the last and then you can start to light your cigar. You'll be puffing away well before one of them gets to the line. Unlike yourself I have tended to take a view and while I'm green on Prince de Beauchene, Treacle, Cappa Blue, Planet of Sound and too a lesser extent a few others such as Shakalakaboomboom, The Midnight Club, Neptune Collonges, Black Apalachi, Mon Mone & Uncle Juinior, I can't be having either Ballabriggs or Junior and I'm confident enough at this stage. Good trial coming up on Tuesday.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 I've read through the thread with interest, great work btw. Just to clarify, am I correct in saying that your total profit post race will be Total Profit (57.83) if none of your horses win. And if one of your horses win (say Mon Mome) your total profit would be 57.83 + 247.81?

AK1979 I only came across this thread just before Christmas. I think then I spent the New Year period going through it and last year's one. You deserve 3 of your biggest payouts fighting it out coming up to the last and then you can start to light your cigar. You'll be puffing away well before one of them gets to the line. Unlike yourself I have tended to take a view and while I'm green on Prince de Beauchene, Treacle, Cappa Blue, Planet of Sound and too a lesser extent a few others such as Shakalakaboomboom, The Midnight Club, Neptune Collonges, Black Apalachi, Mon Mone & Uncle Juinior, I can't be having either Ballabriggs or Junior and I'm confident enough at this stage. Good trial coming up on Tuesday.
Thats a decent squad of selections you have there mate, cant argue with any of those :ok I will be taking a view over the next month, with the surplus £60. Im tempted to lump it all on Chicago Grey at the moment!

I've read through the thread with interest, great work btw. Just to clarify, am I correct in saying that your total profit post race will be Total Profit (57.83) if none of your horses win. And if one of your horses win (say Mon Mome) your total profit would be 57.83 + 247.81?
Yes, although the intention is to use that £57.83 surplus to bet with. I am holding back at the moment because I have had a couple of withdrawlas recently and dont want to be hit again. Therefore, of the horses i've backed, you need to deduct £57.83 from the "green" totals. Hope that makes sense?

I've backed Becauseicouldntsee for £5 @ 60.0 in anticipation of a good run in the Kim Muir on Thursday.
A well timed bet, he finished 2nd, jumped and stayed well and was only beaten by a well handicapped Sunnyhillboy who again showed that he wants a trip nowadays, by storming up the hill. You may recall that Sunnyhillboy was one of the first bets i had on this year's thread but I was forced to lay off after connections refused to commit him to Aintree, as they hinted at a return bid for the Irish National too. I think the time has come to go in again, as he wont be getting in off 10 stone 5 again. If they commit him to the race, he will go off as one of the favourites and there is every chance McCoy could take the ride if Synchronised doesnt line up. BACK - Sunnyhillboy £7.61 @ 25.0 £0.39 @ 26.0 £7 @ 29.0 Becauseicouldntsee has now shortened to prices in the region of 28/1 and must be a major player at Aintree now. I dont think he was outstayed the other day, I just think Sunnyhillboy was well handicapped.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2012 Rare Bob ran a decent enough trial when 3rd at Naas last time out. He shortened into 55.0 and having backed him at 87.0 thought i'd lay off. He looks a solids trands match and would be a decent outsider with Dessie Hughes good at training one for the National but he doesnt strike me as a potential winner. LAY - Rare Bob £8 @ 55.0