Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May Wonder if Guimaraes are worth a crack @ 10? Usually I'd be on Porto, but I'm leaving it alone as I'm a bit worried about mental fatigue, what with them winning the Europa on Wednesday. Any Portuguese league followers have any thoughts?

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May Vitória Guimarães v Porto Sunday 22nd May 17.00 UK time Porto are almost certain to win - unless they are complacent or over-confident - which is unlikely with their manager. Guimaraes have beaten Benfica and Sporting Lisbon this team (the other top teams in Portugal) but Porto are a class above those - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/portugal/vitoria-guimaraes/ You could say Porto are value, even at 1.37

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May Thanks, Louis. I don't think their poor performance in the Europa final is helping my confidence any, but I suppose football logic would dictate if they'd won that one 5-0 they'd probably struggle here, whereas now they'll probably hand Guimaraes their asses :lol Anybody have a preview for this, quotes from Villas-Boas, or anything?

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May Gotta say, I liked Celtic today a lot, but didn't take it, and seeing how that went, may push me to look at Porto. To be honest, it seems written in the stars that they'll win all four trophies, or rather Villas-Boas will ;)

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May

Gotta say' date=' I liked Celtic today a lot, but didn't take it, and seeing how that went, may push me to look at Porto.[/quote'] I don't believe things are 'written in the stars' but the class gap between Porto and Guimaraes is similar to that between Celtic and Motherwell.

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May Falcao and Otamendi won't play for Porto ... The only training session they had since Wednesday was today, thursday was a party day on Porto's streets. So I think there might be some value on Guimaraes, but Porto are still the big favourites.

Re: Portugal - Cup of Portugal - 22 May Result: Vitória Guimarães 2 Porto 6 I saw some of the game, and, unlike the Europa League final, today Porto produced some of their best attacking football, effectively winning the trophy with a 3-goal burst before half time to take the score from 2-2 to 2-5