Portugal - Liga Sagres - 14 May

Saturday 14 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Beira-Mar v Nacional da Madeira (20:15 BST) 3.25 3.3 2.39 102.91 %
maximize.gif Benfica v União de Leiria (20:15 BST) 1.3 5.5 12 103.44 %
maximize.gif Marítimo v FC Porto (20:15 BST) 5.25 3.75 1.77 102.21 %
maximize.gif Naval 1º de Maio v Vitória de Guimarães (20:15 BST) 4.5 3.4 1.9 104.01 %
maximize.gif Olhanense v Rio Ave (20:15 BST) 3.3 3.25 2.43 102.22 %
maximize.gif Paços de Ferreira v Académica de Coimbra (20:15 BST) 1.72 3.6 5.75 103.06 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v Sporting CP (20:15 BST) 2.5 3.2 3 104.58 %
maximize.gif Vitória de Setúbal v Portimonense (20:15 BST) 2.01 3.4 4.33 102.24 %

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 14 May

Doing a large bet this weekend that consists of Benfica ' date=' any information on them and their opponents will be hugely appreciated[/quote'] Yep, that makes perfect sense..why place a large bet on a team when you know little about them or their opponents!? I can tell you they have been in lousy form for a while now and not to bother.

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 14 May I like to go on Sporting Lissbon.They are playing at Braga who are likely to rest some players for the Europa League finale on wednesday.I will put 1 or 2 pts on the away win and 5 to 6 pts on DNB Sporting Lissbon. Another match I will I am keen to bet on is Maritimo vs Porto.Porto will also rest some players for wednesday.But I think they don't want to lose this one to finish the season unbeaten.So draw is my call here.

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 14 May Braga-Sporting Under 2 AH @2.15 (bait365) As it has been said, Braga will probably rest some players, but they should remain solid at home, as they have been all season. SCP have been awful this season, which saddens me since I had a soft spot for them, and they had a nice pre-season. Anyway, I'm never backing SCP on the road now, and I expect a good old 0-0, perhaps 1-0 on some long shot or something. Medium-ish stakes.

I think he means a bet consisting of a lot of teams' date='basically a big accum with small stakes.Maybe I'm wrong but this could be one explanation...[/quote'] Thank you . And if I don't get enough info they won't be included ;)

Yep' date=' that makes perfect sense..why place a large bet on a team when you know little about them or their opponents!? I can tell you they have been in lousy form for a while now and not to bother.[/quote'] Who said I know little about them ????? I would just like to know more. I don't speak Portugese so it's quite hard to get in depth team news on the liga as it's not covered much over here as say the la liga , seria A , Bundesliga and the eredivisie. I know Benfica have dropped points in 3 of there home games this season which is very bad by their standards as they only dropped points once at home last season , a 1-1 draw with Maritimo. The 3 games they did drop points in this season were , a lose to Porto- understandable the form Porto are in this season, a 1-1 draw with Portomonise - Benfica had their 2nd team out that night (in between a Europa league match) and the 3rd was a 1-2 lose to Academica on the 1st day of the season (Benfica had a slow start to the season losing their first 2 games). Their opponents Leiria up to last week had only won once this year but did beat bottom placed Naval only 1-0 at home last week. Leiria lay 10th in liga but gathered most of their points before the new year. Benfica being in lousy form you say ?? I don't know about that. They had quite a decent Europa league campaign and only lost out to Braga who have been brilliant at home this season in Europe keeping clean sheets against the likes of Arsenal (2-0) and eveyone else , Benfica did beat them in the first leg tho. In the league Benfica dropped most of their points ( apart from their bad start in the first 2 games) to Porto or else to other teams after Porto had won the league on the 3rd of April and while they still had Europa to play for. Last week after being knocked out of the europa league Benfica went to Rio ave and beat them, Rio ave are 8th in the table winning all their games in April including a 1-6 away against Pacos, Jorge Jesus fielding a strong team for this one. So I wouldn't say I know little about them it's just always good to know more. Don't worry some day you will learn.

I don't speak Portugese so it's quite hard to get in depth team news on the liga as it's not covered much over here as say the la liga ' date=' seria A , Bundesliga and the eredivisie.[/quote'] FWIW I often read google-translated articles for Nordic football.

Who said I know little about them ????? I would just like to know more. I don't speak Portugese so it's quite hard to get in depth team news on the liga as it's not covered much over here as say the la liga , seria A , Bundesliga and the eredivisie. I know Benfica have dropped points in 3 of there home games this season which is very bad by their standards as they only dropped points once at home last season , a 1-1 draw with Maritimo. The 3 games they did drop points in this season were , a lose to Porto- understandable the form Porto are in this season, a 1-1 draw with Portomonise - Benfica had their 2nd team out that night (in between a Europa league match) and the 3rd was a 1-2 lose to Academica on the 1st day of the season (Benfica had a slow start to the season losing their first 2 games). Their opponents Leiria up to last week had only won once this year but did beat bottom placed Naval only 1-0 at home last week. Leiria lay 10th in liga but gathered most of their points before the new year. Benfica being in lousy form you say ?? I don't know about that. They had quite a decent Europa league campaign and only lost out to Braga who have been brilliant at home this season in Europe keeping clean sheets against the likes of Arsenal (2-0) and eveyone else , Benfica did beat them in the first leg tho. In the league Benfica dropped most of their points ( apart from their bad start in the first 2 games) to Porto or else to other teams after Porto had won the league on the 3rd of April and while they still had Europa to play for. Last week after being knocked out of the europa league Benfica went to Rio ave and beat them, Rio ave are 8th in the table winning all their games in April including a 1-6 away against Pacos, Jorge Jesus fielding a strong team for this one. So I wouldn't say I know little about them it's just always good to know more. Don't worry some day you will learn.
Thanks I'll bare that in mind :eyes..Benfica looked superb earlier in the season at home, I remember watching them against Naval I think and they were superb their movement and passing was first class, they haven't been at that level for a while though..they haven't won a game by more than one goal since the beginning of April and Cardozo and Saviola aren't performing as they were earlier in the season, the odds are lousy and this is a nothing match for both sides, they will prob win but for me it's not really worth it, it's lazy punting for me betting on them because they are Benfica and ignoring recent developments and form. Good luck with your bet.

Re: Portugal - Liga Sagres - 14 May Maritimo V Porto Porto will be resting Helton, Moutinho and Hulk from this match. I think Helton is a real miss for them and they will start with Beto in goal which is like i said before..he is not a very good GK compared to helton and normaly concede goals, last game with porto..they played P.Ferreira and conceded 3 goals and scored 3 goals..ended 3-3. We all know porto have a big game in the week with Braga for Europa final and is very important but porto also want to remain unbeaten in the league. Moritimo is not a bad team and play really well at home...have some good players like Djalma and baba, i can see this game being very open and both teams wanting to score goals because of last game in the league..we all know porto firepower even without Hulk...Falcao is on great form. Both Teams To Score - 1.67 (VC) Fingers Crossed be a open free-scoreing game!:ok goodluck!:cheers

Braga-Sporting Under 2 AH @2.15 (bait365) As it has been said, Braga will probably rest some players, but they should remain solid at home, as they have been all season. SCP have been awful this season, which saddens me since I had a soft spot for them, and they had a nice pre-season. Anyway, I'm never backing SCP on the road now, and I expect a good old 0-0, perhaps 1-0 on some long shot or something. Medium-ish stakes.
0-1 :beer