** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Bad Beats.........

GETT1NLOTS

I haven't played Poker in a while as I needed to take a break from all betting for a bit. I wasn't enjoying it much even though I was doing ok on the Footy and placing in lots of Poker tournements. I was just going stale and the odd bad beats I was getting were really piissing me off. Today I thought I would have a tourney on Laddies. It was the $50 +$5 at 15:30 hrs on Laddies. I played tight all game and wasn't getting many cards. However when I did get a sniff I was aggressive and it was coming off for me. Anyway we got down to the last 13 out of 137 and I'm on the BB. All fold to the SB who raises with 5,000. I have about 8,500 and go all in. I have AhQh. He calls the other 3,500 which nearly puts him all in and turns over 10 - 4 off suit. The flop comes 3, 7, 10. No help on the turn or river for me either. At least he said "sorry" :\ FCUKING CUUUUUUUNT. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ (Sorry). :o I want to play another game of poker but know I need to avoid it at the moment. How do you deal with Bad Beats?

Re: Bad Beats......... As long as you played it right you might as well just keep going. Just don't change the way you're playing, and you'll be ok. At least the guy realised he was lucky, unlike some sh1ts who think a bad beat like that makes them a great player.

Re: Bad Beats......... I know its hard when you get beats (and believe me ive had some!) but what you gotta remember is the people making mistakes calling and getting the beats on you are the people you will the mjority of the time take the chips off of. By others playing wrongly or just plain gambling you will get paid off in the long run and hopefully in the short run too :ok

Re: Bad Beats......... Unlucky Gettin you obv played well but still got cruelly bad beaten as the money was getting close :o The most important thing is not to let it tilt you (as you will lose fcuking shitloads if it does). Either switch off the computer and go and smack shit out of a punchbag or go down to a 5cent limit table and raise every hand to the max :rollin Jez