** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Wednesday 27th April

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 27th April Newcastle 6.40 - Brasingaman Eric 1 pts win @ 11/2 with Bet365 Showed a better effort then ever when he was 4th at Beverley start of this month after almost a year off and he is pretty lightly raced so could be one to improve here. Also seems to have a good chance at the weights.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 27th April 15:05 Ascot Nice looking listed race this and I fancy St Moritz to land a quick hat-trick today for his new trainer who he has yet to lose under since switching yards with 2 wins from 2 runs. Won on his reappearance at Ripon over 10 furlongs before running in his first listed race in the UK at Doncaster over today's trip of a mile where he ran out a half length winner despite meeting trouble in running. He was denied room around 2 furlongs out yet ran on well when finding some room before holding on well towards the finish. With only 11 races to date I believe there is more to come from the horse who has already shown ultra consistency with 5 wins and 3 places from those 11 runs. Two of his unplaced efforts came in softer ground so I believe they can be ignored and with his ideal quick conditions today then he should run another solid race. His only run over course and distance came last year in handicap company where he finished 3/29 which was a very game effort and I fancy him to run another good race over this course and distance today. E/W St Moritz @ 8/1 (>Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 27th April 8.50pm @ Kempton 'Street Power' 5/1 (ladbrokes) Hasn't been running as well as he can lately but still has form to go close, looked to be coming to hand last time and if Drowne can get a tune of him it somewhere near best tonight then could be hard to beat. Won better races off higher in past. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 27th April Later bets to sort out:ok

Kempton 7:20 Gladys Gal 14-1 BET365(BOG) 1 POINT WIN Varian and Callan team up here and this combo has already won and done well with its new comers this year. The pedigree in this horse looks good, related to several sprinters who won first time out. A few obvious dangers in a bit of an unknown race but the price/jockey/trainer attracted me to this selection. Callan rides Kempton better than anyone else so if this hors eis ready, he will give it the best chance to win.
Newcastle 6.40 - Brasingaman Eric 1 pts win @ 11/2 with Bet365 Showed a better effort then ever when he was 4th at Beverley start of this month after almost a year off and he is pretty lightly raced so could be one to improve here. Also seems to have a good chance at the weights.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 27th April

PONTEFRACT 3-30...COUNT BERTOLINI...1 PT WIN @ SP I saw this horse win at Pontefract over c/d last week, he had a bad draw that day AND bounced out of the stalls and led all the way running on strongly to win by 3 and 1/2 lengths, same conditions today, fast ground and a better draw, if hes in the same mood today will WIN no doubts. Only downside is Danny Tudhopes on him today not SDS.
Danny Tudhope = Big downside, gets a good break and drops him in behind the Winner, gets outsprinted off the bend....should have taken the nag to the front and upped the pace steadily, he would have been on a winner then. He wont be on it next time, me thinks :eek

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 27th April

Ascot 16:50 Nelson’s Bounty landed a big gamble on his second start, and then went in again when weak in the market on his next start. He was then very unlucky in-running after been punted in again and I still think that this big horse has scope for improvement and the 12/1 on offer is too big. The 4yo has only had seven starts, and improved rapidly from an opening mark of 69 to his current mark of 81. He showed some quirks when in maiden company, and then on handicap debut but has seemingly left all that behind, as on his second start in handicap company he won pretty easily when racing over a mile at Lingfield, getting the job done well. He was stepped up in trip and won again at Yarmouth, in a race where the form couldn’t have worked out better, with all bar one of the runners having improved in the ratings. He had to work hard, but found a lot for pressure and pulled away from all bar one of his rivals, but still won cosily by 1.25 lengths. He was last seen at Sandown, in a race of similar quality to this (smaller field). He was travelling well and then made his challenge, and was making progress before being hampered pretty severely, and then was eased. He was well backed that day, with some serious on-course bets, so obviously a lot was expected of that run. He stays on the same mark of 81, and I think this big field could help. He looks to stay a little further than 1m, so the decent pace that is likely to come from this race will benefit this increased stamina. Nelson’s Bounty hasn’t been seen for 229 days and it may be a concern that he may come on for the run. He looked a scopey sort at 3 however and is sure to have matured and filled out even further into his 4yo season. If so, I feel he could improve by another 10lbs this year. Although his sole turf win came on softer ground, he should handle this faster surface, as his dam won plenty of times on firmer ground. Paul D’Arcy is in good form, and if he’s got Nelson’s Bounty fit, he has massive claims in this race. Tony Culhane gets on well with this mount, and his booking is a positive, him being the first choice jockey for the trainer. The current price of 12/1 is huge, although it will be the market that defines his chances. You’ll be getting worried with this yard if it drifts out to 20’s before the off, but I’ll take my chances. Nelson’s Bounty; EW @ 12/1 Ladbrokes (4 places BOG)
Well done fella, me like. :clap