UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April

Barcelona @ 2.87 pinnacle Real will probably stick to their tactics of keeping it tight and look to hit Barcelona on the counter attack. This may have worked recently where they managed to beat them in the Cope Rey final as well as draw 1-1 at home in the primera Liga, but before that Barcelona beat them 3 straight with 8 goals scored and 3 clean sheets in these games. Mourinho realises that they have a massive disadvantage without Carvalho in defence who has plated well for them, as well as no Khedira in front of him. Though Iniesta is a big loss for Barcelona, Real has bigger problems because their tactics are based on limiting the space for Barcelona's players to move the ball, and these two Real players were very good at not doing that. This should give the likes of Xavi and Messi more scope to find holes in the Real backline. Mourinho has played mind games with Guardiola leading up to this game, and with the way that Guardiola has exploded, would not be surprised that this gives extra motivation for Barcelona to go and out and shove this win down Mourinho's throat. As they can only defend for so long, and Barcelona, will continue to look to penetrate the wall they put up. Barcelona have too many good players who play within their system which is all about attack, while the negative tactics of Mourinho which focuses on defending may have done well for them in their last 3 meetings, but doubt that they can continue to hold them out.
remember that this isnt some new tactic put in place, this is mourinhos most used technique. he did it at chelsea for years. so he will do as good a job of 'holding them out' as the previous 2 matches (apart from missing the 2 players) also i wouldnt call it 'negative' tactics. theyre the tactics best suited to get the result in mourinhos eyes and its worked pretty well so far anyways just my thoughts gl all :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April Real Madrid have won the Most Corner Match bet 4 out 5 times at home in the champions league this season. Barcelona have lost the Most Corner Match bet 3 out of 5 times away from home in the champions league this season. Real Madrid are averaging 8 corners per home game whereas Barcelona are averaging 5 corners per away game. When Barcelona faced Real Madrid in the league last week, Real Madrid won the Most Corner Match bet as well. All of these stats point to Real Madrid winning the Most Corner Match bet for me. 6pts Real Madrid to win the Most Corner Match bet @ 1.73 BlueSquare GL all :hope

Real Madrid scored 6 away against Valencia and can surely score at home against Barcelona, who is missing some key players in defense, especially on the right side and I believe Mourinho will play Ronaldo on the left to exploit this weakness. Real Madrid is also missing some players in defense and if Valencia scored 3 against them I believe that Barcelona can also score at least once. I can’t see Real Madrid losing at home considering their recent form and I also expect goals in this game. Also their home performance in Champions League should be considered, even though the only decent team they faced was Milan. Real Madrid -1 @ 5.50 William Hill Real Madrid & Over 2.5 Goals @ 4.00 William Hill
How did you have Real Madrid & Over 2.5 Goals as a double on Hills mate?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April Real Madrid v Barcelona - (Asian Handicap Cards) Barcelona AH (0) @ EVS - Bet365 (6/10) Barcelona come into this game with no potential suspension worries, as far as I am aware of, and will have no doubts going into challenges. However for Real Madrid it is a serious issue as no fewer than four players are in danger of sitting out with Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ramos and Albiol all sitting on a suspension if they were to be carded. Jose will have drummed this into his players as he doesn't want to lose any more players for the return leg, as Carvalho sits this one out with a silly suspension. The way the game goes will have a say in this but with Javier (CB) and Puyol (LB), they could get caught out of position and be forced to make a foul.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April I saw an interesting stat this morning on Revista (by chance). In terms of minutes on the pitch for each team, the top 5 (maybe 6) players for Barca have played an average of 300 minutes more than their opposites have for Madrid. Probably not decisive, but it adds weight to those who are saying this Barca team are beginning to wain physically. I don't like the look of that Barca back line - if indeed that is what it will be. Couldn't Mascherano play RB though? That may be a little bit safer. I'm favouring JM to do another number tonight, but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the chess match with no money involved.

Real Madrid scored 6 away against Valencia and can surely score at home against Barcelona, who is missing some key players in defense, especially on the right side and I believe Mourinho will play Ronaldo on the left to exploit this weakness. Real Madrid is also missing some players in defense and if Valencia scored 3 against them I believe that Barcelona can also score at least once. I can’t see Real Madrid losing at home considering their recent form and I also expect goals in this game. Also their home performance in Champions League should be considered, even though the only decent team they faced was Milan. Real Madrid -1 @ 5.50 William Hill Real Madrid & Over 2.5 Goals @ 4.00 William Hill
They will miss key players on the left side,not right side.

I saw an interesting stat this morning on Revista (by chance). In terms of minutes on the pitch for each team' date=' the top 5 (maybe 6) players for Barca have played an average of 300 minutes more than their opposites have for Madrid. Probably not decisive, but it adds weight to those who are saying this Barca team are beginning to wain physically. I don't like the look of that Barca back line - if indeed that is what it will be. Couldn't Mascherano play RB though? That may be a little bit safer. I'm favouring JM to do another number tonight, but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the chess match with no money involved.[/quote'] Yeah strangely I also saw that on the skysports website and was going to copy and paste it over here but didn't get round to it in the end, it is interesting and I think it does show a bit in their play. I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone who says Barca are playing at the same level they were earlier in the season. Obviously not a stat to read too much in to but does add a bit of weight to the general arguments that most people are making in this thread I think.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April I also think we might have over 2.5 goals tonight. Carvalho missing is a huge blow. If Pepe starts as a CM again, Real would have completely new CB couple in the likes of Ramos and Albiol who do not have enough time together. Plus we all know what Albiol did at Bernabeu. If Pepe goes back to the CB then Real's press wouldn't be so effective as it was in the previous two games against Barca. Either the backline or the midfield of Real will suffer tonight which will open some opportunities for Barca. There are plenty of talented attacking players on both sides and it's a matter of time to see them netting some more goals. I can't see all the four El Clasicos going under 2.5 Over 2.5 goals @2.10 with Bet365 Small Stakes

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April Real Madrid v Barcelona over 2.5 Goals @ 2.10 Bet365 Looks like a few people are taking this now so will try not to replicate what many people have already said. Main Points For me far too many good attacking players on show for these games to keep going under. The changes to the defences on both sides should make them weaker and I fancy the attacks to be on top tonight. Barca as the away side only know one way to play so you wont have to worry about Barca sitting back and not contributing to the game. If the 1st leg was being played at Barca I wouldn't be taking the overs as I would expect Madrid to go and shut up shop. The main reason I am taking the overs tonight though is how Mourinho defeated Barca when with Inter. They won the first leg 3-1 and then put in the defensive performance in the second leg. I am expecting Mourinho to try and do something similar again tonight. GL 2 ALL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April real vs barcelona CS 00 @9.8 CS 10 @9.6 real to qualify @2.64 real proved lately twice they are capable to hold barca and their defence impressed. major difference is mourinho i think, his strategic abilitilies are tremendous at this level and are outshadowing pep g clearly. cautios approach from both sides probably and scoreless outcome quite realistic. maybe a close real win by a solitary goal shot in the last 20 mins. gl

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April hello all, 1st post so please go gentle on me:). really looking forward to the game and after watching the copa del rey game the other night di maria looked such a threat to the barca goal, with home advantage i fancy he could be a good bet for anytime goalscorer

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April Real/Barca Draw @3.25 @bet365 Obviously both these teams are very evenly matched. Real have closed up shop against Barca apart from the 5-0 drubbing in December. Mourinho knows how to tactically slow down Barca. Much like he did with Inter last year, he will crowd Xavi and Iniesta (who is doubtful) and force Busquets, Mash or Keita to pull the strings something which they are in capable of, at least to the abilities of Xavi or Iniesta. Pep realized that last season he could go to Milan and grab away gials and take care of business at home unfortunately Barca dug themselves in too deep. I expect him especially without Iniesta to look for an away goal and hope to take a draw back to the Nou Camp. Mourinho usually plays a tight first leg at home not willing to give up any away goals and I expect a similar tactic here. Mourinho knows he can't force the game but play on the counter. If either team does score both have the goods to peg on back. I expect a 1 goal game either way 1-0, 0-0, 1-1, or 0-1, so the draw screams value in this instance with a cover on Real AH (0).

Re: UEFA Champions League > Real Madrid v Barcelona > Wednesday 27 April Real madrid - Barcelona 1 (dnb) @1,91 (William Hill) (medium stakes):hope Barcelona will be happy with a draw and won't go to the limit to win and I expect a cagey match with a harsh Madrid defence and a tight game. Barcelona doesn't need to go all out and Madrid is not good enough to attack all out. However, seeing recent games, Madrid can still win and Madrid at home @1,91 is a good price even against Barcelona. Pepe to get booked at anytime @1,65 (Unibet) (small stakes):hope Pepe is crazy. He will play just like he did previous two games in a defensive role in midfield and Stark will have seen those games. Stark knows he needs to contain his temperament and will be looking to book him soon I expect. Pepe also always gets involved in arguments and makes harsh tackles even if the referee is lenient.

Real Madrid v Barcelona - No Goal Before 31:00 @ 5/6 - Bet365 (6/10) I was extremely luckly with this bet last night but I can't see this following suit tonight. Schalke were poor and allowed United to attack and cut through them at will however tonight will be different. Here we have two solid teams defensively, who will want to see how each other is lined up before taking any risks. Apart from the thumping Barca gave Real at the Nou Camp this season, they're last four meetings have been pretty low scoing. The most recent match up finished 0-0, the La Liga meeting at the Bernabeu finished 1-1 with both goals coming after the break. Jose will focus on containing Barcelona before attempting to get his troops to attack so I don't think we will see a goal before the half hour.
First one over the line. :thumbsup

Real madrid - Barcelona 1 (dnb) @1,91 (William Hill) (medium stakes):wall Barcelona will be happy with a draw and won't go to the limit to win and I expect a cagey match with a harsh Madrid defence and a tight game. Barcelona doesn't need to go all out and Madrid is not good enough to attack all out. However, seeing recent games, Madrid can still win and Madrid at home @1,91 is a good price even against Barcelona. Pepe to get booked at anytime @1,65 (Unibet) (small stakes):beer Pepe is crazy. He will play just like he did previous two games in a defensive role in midfield and Stark will have seen those games. Stark knows he needs to contain his temperament and will be looking to book him soon I expect. Pepe also always gets involved in arguments and makes harsh tackles even if the referee is lenient.
A small loss. Strange game without much football.

Under 2.5 @1.85 (b365) Reasonable price for a very under-ish game; Mou could have another surprise in stock, but it won't involve a 4-3-3 with a high line, right; Real have little choice but to deploy an air-tight defense again and press Barca as much as they can, relying on counter and FK/corners. If there's a time to play more offensively, it will be in the other leg, when the away goal could prove vital. As for Barca, they will probably be wary of that Real after their last defeat, and they won't take too many risks either. Relatively small stakes.
0-2 :beer

Real Madrid v Barcelona - (Asian Handicap Cards) Barcelona AH (0) @ EVS - Bet365 (6/10) Barcelona come into this game with no potential suspension worries, as far as I am aware of, and will have no doubts going into challenges. However for Real Madrid it is a serious issue as no fewer than four players are in danger of sitting out with Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ramos and Albiol all sitting on a suspension if they were to be carded. Jose will have drummed this into his players as he doesn't want to lose any more players for the return leg, as Carvalho sits this one out with a silly suspension. The way the game goes will have a say in this but with Javier (CB) and Puyol (LB), they could get caught out of position and be forced to make a foul.
Where do I start? Could the ref have been up Messi's ass anymore, infact, could he be a Barcelona fan! What a joke of a game. Noone can tell me La Liga is better then the EPL, no chance!!!

I also think we might have over 2.5 goals tonight. Carvalho missing is a huge blow. If Pepe starts as a CM again, Real would have completely new CB couple in the likes of Ramos and Albiol who do not have enough time together. Plus we all know what Albiol did at Bernabeu. If Pepe goes back to the CB then Real's press wouldn't be so effective as it was in the previous two games against Barca. Either the backline or the midfield of Real will suffer tonight which will open some opportunities for Barca. There are plenty of talented attacking players on both sides and it's a matter of time to see them netting some more goals. I can't see all the four El Clasicos going under 2.5 Over 2.5 goals @2.10 with Bet365 Small Stakes
FT 0-2. Bet lost

Pleasing night bet won + Mourinho & Madrid are basically out. I also backed the red card at 2/1 on Betfair which may have clouded my judgement that it was a very good decision by the ref. :lol
Would bookies have paid out on the red card market even if Pepe wasn't sent off, as Pinto was sent off for Barcelona, even though he wasn't on the pitch at the time?

Would bookies have paid out on the red card market even if Pepe wasn't sent off' date=' as Pinto was sent off for Barcelona, even though he wasn't on the pitch at the time?[/quote'] it depends on bookie i think. at least some bookies have rule that only players on pitch are counted.