"WINNING IT BACK"...FICTION BOOK ?

Re: "WINNING IT BACK"...FICTION BOOK ?

Gary Wiltshires book' date=' is it fiction.[/quote'] Its a recollection of how he did his brains on Dettori Day in 1997 and as the title says "Won It All Back" "I remember the bell ringing as they came into the straight. Frankie was still in front and I told my clerk we could really be in it. That was some understatement. Anyway, that same night I went to work at Milton Keynes dogs. The first bet I took was £1 on trap two at 2/1. I thought, "F**k me, it's going to be a long way back from here!"'

Re: "WINNING IT BACK"...FICTION BOOK ? Occassionally you hear Gary Witshire on BBC racing or McCrirrick on C4 that the bookies are having a terrible day and the punters are in front. Is there any truth in that or are they trying to perpetuate a myth that bookies do actually lose sometimes. Say a 4/5 "banker" has just won in a 16 runner field race , have they actually lost overall? Of course they have taken plenty of hefty bets esecially at odds on , but what about the bets they've taken on the losing 2nd and 3rd favourites.Surely at only 4/5 the losing bets more than pay for the winner. And what about those smaller staking punters who go for bigger priced horses at double figure odds. I personally think its a load of cobblers when bookies or ex bookies say its been a terrible day for them. I think this is even more true when refering to the betting shops.How many small staking punters nationwide combine 4 outsiders in a lucky 15 , the rare times i indulge in this bet i usually put in hot favorites and i come up trumps (4 out of 4) less than 10% of the time.Those betting outsiders would have less than 1% chance i would imagine. Back to the book , i suppose it would be a fun book to read with lots of fiction inserted to make it interesting.

Re: "WINNING IT BACK"...FICTION BOOK ? Maybe he did "do his brains" on Detorri day but surely he`s made enough money before that to compensate a bad day As with all those bookies who claim they are losing money at Cheltenham after a few favourites have gone in, like the old saying goes..."You never see a poor bookie" Yes they might have paid out a few quid but they pay it with money from losing bets

Re: "WINNING IT BACK"...FICTION BOOK ? The difference needs to be distinguished from a bookie having a losing day and losing overall, Bookies of course have losing days from the small minority of successful players who are educated enough and willing to risk large amounts that there opinion is correct, Once these punters have been marked as known winners business is no longer welcome from them. The majority however are losing punters which allows the bookie to show profit overall and recoup the loss from those now banned customers.