UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Terrible choice of games. Porto and Villarreal's games I'll avoid as you can't tell about the motivation of the teams. Given that PSV have to score two to go through and Benfica have a very good attack themselves, I like over 2.5 in this match. PSV will have to attack quite a bit and I don't see them not scoring, but they will leave spaces at the back which Benfica can exploit so I see this being a high-scoring game. PSV v Benfica: over 2.5 goals @ 8/11, bet365 I'm surprised to see the odds for this selection in fractional form at 8/11 whereas the odds in decimal are only 1.72, any reason why?

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Porto will be motivated to win, under coach Villas Boas I have yet to see this team subside. The earlier 2.40 on offer for Porto were simply too good to miss, Porto have now shortened, probably closer to fair odds at 2.25. Porto were a bit lucky to beat Spartak so comprehensively in the 1st leg but they did clearly outplay the Russians during the second half. The Russians showed some technique but they eventually succumbed during the 2nd half without raising much opposition. Things don't seem to be going so well on Spartak's side but I don't know the Russians too well and won't take much from this. More importantly Porto are yet to lose away from this home this season and I don't see the trend stopping here. Belluschi is the only absence for Porto, given the depth of Porto's attacking line I'm pretty confident Porto can score, maybe a couple of the bigger name players won't play the full 90 minutes but I see Porto winning here with a slight possibility of a score draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April

Terrible choice of games. Porto and Villarreal's games I'll avoid as you can't tell about the motivation of the teams. Given that PSV have to score two to go through and Benfica have a very good attack themselves, I like over 2.5 in this match. PSV will have to attack quite a bit and I don't see them not scoring, but they will leave spaces at the back which Benfica can exploit so I see this being a high-scoring game. PSV v Benfica: over 2.5 goals @ 8/11, bet365 I'm surprised to see the odds for this selection in fractional form at 8/11 whereas the odds in decimal are only 1.72, any reason why?
Presumably because they're the same? :unsure I like the bet though, can see goals in this one.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April PSV v Benfica , definitely agree with people going for the overs on this one , both teams to score is also an option . PSV conceded 2 goals at home at the weekend playing almost a full strength team in their bid to stay in touch with Twente at the top of the Eredivise , while Benfica rested 8 or 9 of the team that tumped PSV last week in liga sagras because the Europa league is their priority now Porto have won their league. It's down to PSV to go out and attack and chase this tie but Benfica will be fresh and with their speed and flare going forward should make a goal filled match. My only concern would be if Benfica score first it could knock the wind out of the home team. So let's hope PSV take the lead and the goals come pouring in:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Twente vs Villareal. After the overwhelming scores in the first leg, overs seems very probably, well I'll not take that affirmation for granted, we don't have to go back far away in time to see a counterexample for that belief (Schalke vs Inter). I refer to the game Twente vs Villareal, Villareal after the 3-0 defeat against Valencia have taken in mind that deffense is a primary concern, and in the game against Twente put in practice that concepts. Without Cazorla and Nilmar, coach probably will put Borja and Cani in the laterals, in replace of Nilmar probably Marco Ruben will play with Rossi in the forward. Twente team (it's my belief) its more concerned in the league and the Cup of Netherlands and I don't think their coach will allign all the titular players in this match. Also I see the approach of Villareal in this match will be very deffensive or will contain the game in the midfield, because they expect a probably reaction of Twente (I think Twente mix team will play for fun and that's mean unpredictable outcomes, but I think too Villareal will play more deffensively), I don't see many goals, with under 2.5 paying +116 in Betfair I will play that option. Twente vs Villareal Under 2.5 @ 2.16 Betfair

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Psv - Benfica Rutten has announced to start with two strikers (Lens and Berg) and two attacking wingers (Dzsudzak and Labyad) and will go out there to make some goals. This is certainly an overs match. However, I would advise everyone to wait untill lineups are published to make sure that Rutten won't change his mind and play his regular defensive style. Rutten is used to playing a very defensive and catious approach when it comes to the big games in the competition and the European competition. In the big games in the competition they don't score goals and concede also few: Psv-Ajax 0-0 Ajax - Psv 0-0 Twente - Psv 2-0 Psv - Twente 0-1 For Benfica there is no need to go out and attack so the mindset of PSV will determine this game. If Psv goes out, Benfica will try to counter but if PSV will keep their ranks shut, Benfica would be happy with a boring 0-0 I guess. Advice: Wait untill lineups and play overs2,5 or both teams to score

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April There is no doubt that Porto is the better team, but like Real Madrid yesterday, they don't have to attack. Even if Spartak gets an early goal, their focus will still be on defending their lead. Also if Porto gets an early goal, it will probably de-motivate the Spartak players and the chance of a miracle is gone. I fancy the under 2,5 goals or the more safer under 3,5 goals. Another could be Porto receiving few cards. I'm not updated on who will be suspended, if they get a yellow card. But like the Spurs - Madrid game yesterday, Real had a bunch of players one card away from suspension, so they had to play fair to avoid suspensions against Barcelona.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April FC Porto @2.1 (b365) Score Draw @4.33 aggregated odds: Porto @1.72 Losing 1/4 stake on 1-1, 2-2 etc. Yeah, I have missed the better odds for Porto and I'm p1ssed, but I'll still make a small bet on them as I really see them taking at least a draw tonight. They always play to win, and Europa League is their main objective - they don't have to rest players for domestic league. Hosts haven't had very good results since their victory vs out-of-form Ajax, while Porto is winning game after game (only three defeats this season, including two in domestic cups, only four draws, and all the rest are victories!) Porto is definitely going to score in my opinion (they failed to do so only two times this season, vs Sevilla 1-0 in EL and Benfica in cup), and I don't see Spartak chasing too much once it happens. Relatively small stakes.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Braga - Dinamo Kyiv Pick: Over 2.5 goals Probable starting eleven: Braga: Artur; Paulao, Rodriguez, Custodio, Silvio; Hugo Viana, Vandinho, Salino; Paulo Cesar, Alan, Lima. Dynamo Kyiv: Shovkovskiy; Silva, Yussuf, Almeida, Popov; Vukojevic; Eremenko, Gusev, Yarmolenko; Kravets; Milevskiy. First, it is important to be mentioned that Dinamo Kyiv have played some very efficient matches as guest in UEFA Europe League. On 17.02.2011 Dinamo managed to win 4:1 against Besiktas in Istanbul. Before that, on 02.12.2010 have won 4:1 against BATE Borisov in Belarus. Even more, Dinamo won 2:1 against Dutch AZ Alkmaar on 21.10.2010. Both teams are not complete for this encounter. Domingos Paciencia will miss Miguel Garcia and Kaka through suspension, while Elderson is injured. On other hand Dinamo Kyiev coach Yuri Semin will be without suspended Andrej Shevchenko as he received red card on the first match played in Ukraine. Speaking about the first match, the final result was 1:1 and it is clear Dinamo must score at Estadio AXA in Braga. That is why I am expecting an efficient match here. Dinamo must play open and that's a perfect chance for the home players through fast counterattacks. So, Over 2.5 goals is good option here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Spartak Moscow - Porto under 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Porto lead 5-1 after the first leg, and doubt that Spartak can beat the tournament favourites 4-0 to progress through. Porto showed their class to beat them comfortably and doubt that they can turn the tables on them at home. Porto did beat CSKA Moscow 1-0 in the earlier EL games which means that they should have no nerves having to play out east, and like them to play out this game with little to worry about. Spartak are good at home, and will present a much tougher challenge than they did in the first leg, but Porto should be able to keep the scoreline down Braga - Dynamo Kiev over 2.5 @ 2.30 pinnacle Braga have the all important away goal after coming back from Kiev with a 1-1 draw, but the concern for them is that they have several players out like Garcia and Kaka through suspension, and Rodriguez and Elderson are out through injury. They have not conceded at home in 6 of their last 7 EL games, but this will come under threat without two important defenders. Dynamo Kiev are without Shevchenko but they are still capable of scoring, as they have gone over in 5 of their 7 EL away games this season, with both teams scoring in each of these 5 games that went over. Can see both sides scoring here, setting it up for the winner, to progress, but also send it over PSV - Benfica under 2.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Benfica lead 4-1 after the first leg where they dominated PSV and deservedly won this game. Their task to ensure they do not conceded 3 goals, so they can progress from this second leg is made somewhat easier with the suspension of Engelaar and Pieters, while striker Toivonen is also likely to be out to an injury. Benfica are unbeaten in their 2 away games in the EL having beaten Stuttgart 2-0 and drawing 1-1 with PSG, so like them to play this one tight, and protect their advantage. Twente Enschede - Villareal under 2.5 @ 2.16 pinnacle Huge task for Twente to try and recover from their 5-1 loss in the first leg and they are without a number of players, as de Jong, Mihaylov, Kuiper and Bengtsson are injured, while Rosales is suspended. Villareal showed they were the better team in the first leg, but they are without a couple of attacking players in Nilmar and Cazorla who are suspended, while Gonzalo is likely to be out with an injury. Expect them to be much more defensive minded with these players out, and like this to be another game where the team who has a big lead from the first leg will go out to contain the other side, and only venture forward on the counter.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Twente-Villarreal Under 1 HT AH @2.1 Draw 1-1 HT @7 aggregated odds: Under 1 @1.8 Push on 1-1 Twente got thrashed 5-1 in 1st leg, and Villarreal to qualify is @1.005 - game over for Tukkers. They are still leading Eredivisie, but Ajax and PSV are both within 3 points of catching up, with four games left to play - and Twente have a worse goal difference. Villarreal is in 4th place, at 6 points from 3rd. Valencia slaughtered them 5-0 last week, and they still have Sevilla and Real Madrid to play. I think both teams will be more focused on their domestic league, and even though Twente will try to win, they are not going to throw everything in the battle, while Villarreal should be more keen on scoring one and closing down. Twente can definitely score goals, but they are not an all-out attacking side, and they generally get the job done by a one or two-goal margin. They also tend to score more in 2nd HT. I see a 0-0 HT more than 56% more likely than 2-0+ or 0-2+, hence the bet. Small stakes.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Braga - Dinamo Kyiv Dinamo will have to attack to try and get atleast a goal in braga which will be a hard place to do it but like others have said Dinamo has scored goals in away games in europa when they need to but i think braga are very good defencively even if players are missing and can quickly counter with lima and alan....as this game will be very open i can see alot of flying challenges to try and get the ball back or defend. Im going to try with yellow cards as Dinamo seem to get alot of card when on the road aswell...and we know what portigease teams are like lol *wink* *wink* haha Over 4.5 yellow cards - 1.83 bwin goodluck!:clap

Event Twente vs Villareal
Selection Twente -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 5/10
Date 14/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.85
Reasoning After demolishing 5:1 in first round Twente has to make it right in front of home fans and sold out stadium. Chances of proceeding are almoast non existing but a win should happen. Villareal often in group stages underestimated their opponents and after the 5:0 thrashing by Valencia could realize that are neglecting their league a bit and put it in focus. 5:1 is a big win and should make them relaxed although the CL spaniards proved us otherwise. Twente is a force at home and no one can count on points although have striker Janko questionable but others are fit. That cannot be said for the visitors who have 6 players out: "Nilmar and Santi Cazorla(suspended), Marcos Senna, Gonzalo, Angel Lopez and Xavi Oliva are all injured." This is a big blow and a chance for Twente to maybe make a miracle. I don`t think it will happen but a good win is possible.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April Fc porto line up is very strong, going to plump with them to continue their fantastic run, Moscow will come out and attack which will leave alot of room for Porto to exploit. Hulk, Falcao, Gaurin, Moutinho all starting, full strength. Getting on myself now, odds have dropped but still look good value Good luck everyone!!! Il post later about the late matches. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April I am quite tempted by the unders in the games that are virtually over. Games in Russia, and Holland are pretty much over. So the away side's have no real impetus to go forward at all, and it is a huge ask for the home side's to come back. Either way, I can see it being quite a low scoring night. I'd expect Villarreal, Benfica, and Porto to be fairly comfortable sitting on their respective lead's. Not sure myself how relevant Villarreal's 5-0 loss at the weekend is to be honest. League football is often not particularly relevant when looking at European fixtures, unless the side in question is quite clearly not in a good state. The Dutch league is much weaker than La Liga, so in terms of relative ability I can't see Twente posing too much threat.

I am quite tempted by the unders in the games that are virtually over. Games in Russia, and Holland are pretty much over. So the away side's have no real impetus to go forward at all, and it is a huge ask for the home side's to come back. Either way, I can see it being quite a low scoring night. I'd expect Villarreal, Benfica, and Porto to be fairly comfortable sitting on their respective lead's. Not sure myself how relevant Villarreal's 5-0 loss at the weekend is to be honest. League football is often not particularly relevant when looking at European fixtures, unless the side in question is quite clearly not in a good state. The Dutch league is much weaker than La Liga, so in terms of relative ability I can't see Twente posing too much threat.
Dutch coch Rutten said that he will tonight start with two strikers. I think this could be a fairly open game. Benfica has more qualify than PSV, and their quality lies mostly, especially since Luiz left, in attacking. Their wingbacks were quite impressive last match when attacking. If PSV are successful in putting pressure on Benfica they will be vulnerable on the counter. As for Twente, I can imagine that this game will be an under. Villareal misses some forwards and will most likely play more defensively. I do not think that Twente like last time will start with three defenders again. Unlike Ajax for example, they are also the kind of team that is satisfied with a one goal margin win.

I am quite tempted by the unders in the games that are virtually over. Games in Russia, and Holland are pretty much over. So the away side's have no real impetus to go forward at all, and it is a huge ask for the home side's to come back. Either way, I can see it being quite a low scoring night. I'd expect Villarreal, Benfica, and Porto to be fairly comfortable sitting on their respective lead's. Not sure myself how relevant Villarreal's 5-0 loss at the weekend is to be honest. League football is often not particularly relevant when looking at European fixtures, unless the side in question is quite clearly not in a good state. The Dutch league is much weaker than La Liga, so in terms of relative ability I can't see Twente posing too much threat.
I think the same, Barca and Real games in CL went unders, Schalke - Inter game was pretty close to under. It seems that highscoring first legs are followed by lowscoring second legs, especially when the tie is virtually over. I'll take under 2.75 in both games in Holland which are priced @1.90 in Bet365.

I am quite tempted by the unders in the games that are virtually over. Games in Russia' date=' and Holland are pretty much over. So the away side's have no real impetus to go forward at all[/quote'] That makes sense, although I am watching the first half of Spartak v Porto, Porto leading 2-0 just before half time. Spartak have done most of the pressing, but Porto have looked well up for attacking on the break.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 14 April By the way, when I started typing that post it was 1-0 with 1 minute to go before half time - I wasn't trying to be clever ;) Porto are a class above Benfica and Villarreal in my opinion, so although Spartak v Porto is now likely to finish over 2.5 goals, it doesn't follow that the PSV and Twente games will, although I think it's likely

By the way, when I started typing that post it was 1-0 with 1 minute to go before half time - I wasn't trying to be clever ;) Porto are a class above Benfica and Villarreal in my opinion, so although Spartak v Porto is now likely to finish over 2.5 goals, it doesn't follow that the PSV and Twente games will, although I think it's likely
There is still 45 minutes to go ;)