Name the favourite bet for Champion Hurdle

I placed a bet on Binocular to be named favourite of the Champion Hurdle when it was non runner no bet on the 9th of March. The bet has been settled as a loser rather than surely being made void. They have sent an email stating that the bet is under antepost rules, hence the reason it being settled as a loser. My point to them is that on most of their antepost bets it is not non runner no bet on the race, but the Champion Hurdle was, and had been for well before i placed my bet. I had no chance of winning this bet after the horse was forced to withdraw. What are people opinions? Is it correct to be a loser or should it be made void? Below is the email they sent about their rules. Having checked with our racing traders, I can confirm that your bet was placed under ante-post rules. Unfortunately, we will not be refunding ante-post bets as this is one of the terms of the bet. Any bets struck before the overnight declaration stage ("ante-post bets") will stand whether the horse runs or not, unless the horse is balloted out, or the race is postponed and not re-run, in which case bets will be void. In the event of a race being postponed to another day. "Ante Post bets placed before the entries have closed should stand and only be made void if the race is abandoned or made void, if the horse is balloted out/eliminated under Jockey Club Rule 125, or the venue is changed". "Ante Post bets placed after the entries have closed should be void, except when the race is run at a later date at the same venue and entries for the race are not reopened, in which case bets would stand".

Re: Name the favourite bet for Champion Hurdle If it was non runner no bet when you placed your bet you get your money back. I'm not great with horse betting rules, but surely that is fundamentally what non runner no bet means. If your selection becomes a non runner then it's no bet, I'm not sure what else that could mean. As I say I'm not great with horse racing rules, so I fear I may be missing something - which bookmaker is out of curiousity?

Re: Name the favourite bet for Champion Hurdle I'm no good with horse racing, but are you sure they were NRNB for this market and not just the outright (think that's what it's called) market? Would this be a 'specials' market with different rules?

Re: Name the favourite bet for Champion Hurdle Yeah it was on a specials market that Blue Square did the offer. It was definitely NRNB on the outright but i didn't notice what if it had NRNB on the specials. I never expected what happened with Binocular to happen so didn't pay attention. I placed the same bet with Hills and they voided the bet. I would have thought they were NRNB for all markets though.

Re: Name the favourite bet for Champion Hurdle

Yeah it was on a specials market that Blue Square did the offer. It was definitely NRNB on the outright but i didn't notice what if it had NRNB on the specials. I never expected what happened with Binocular to happen so didn't pay attention. I placed the same bet with Hills and they voided the bet. I would have thought they were NRNB for all markets though.
I would struggle to see how a bookie could defend going non runner no bet on an outright market, but then not on a market that is totally entwined with that market. My guess is that when the building team have built the market they have forgotten to add the ''non runner no bet'' option to the market, and since then the people you have been dealing with have got a little bit confused. If I was you I would firstly escalate your query to a manager, I am pretty certain they will have enough common sense to see common sense. If not just go to Ibas. The only way you may lose is if your bet receipt just has ante post on it as the status, but at least at worst Ibas would have a word with Blue Square and tell them to show a bit more fairness in their rules in future. The basics are that if they were going non runner no bet on the outright market - you get your money back. Good Luck :ok