UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March

Event Real vs Lyon
Selection Lyon
Strength 5/10
Date 16/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 10.00
Reasoning So, we will see if Real can finally get past 1/8 finals after 6 years of dissapointment. Mourinho is on the bench and that is their biggest + this year even if they have some of the best players in the world. It was not enough in previous years and we will see if Mourinho can do magic this time aswell. They are dealing with the club that has been in the top of European football for a number of years and has usually done better than Real. In fact, in 7 of mutual meetings, Real had never won against Lyon which is something to think about. In these games Lyon has made an advantage in home games and just played for a draw away. They do not have such luxury this time and sooner or later will have to attack. It could be costly but they have the players like Lisando, Toulalan, Kallstrom, Gourcuff to do it right. If tradition is anything the odds on home win are greatly underestimating towards Lyon. Ronaldo is questionable to play but if he does, ofcourse Real has a big boost from the flank. Real is missing Pedro Leon, Gago, Higuain, Kaka while Lyon is mising Aly Cissokho and Bastos while Gourcuff, Cris, Ederson are doubtfull but will likely play. Lyon is doing better in domestic league lately but still conceding a lot of goals. If they wanna take something from here they have to keep it to a minimum.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Chelsea - Kopengahen my point of view is that this is possible bomb, something like 1-1, or 0-1, or 0-0 i dont see why Chelsea to bother to trash Kopenhagen with the result from the first leg, so i find plenty of value on Kopenhagen +1,5 @ 2,10 in Pinnacle

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Seems surprising to me how few people are mentioning Lyon's defensive frailties so far this season in the CL, conceding four at Benfica and three at Schalke, two inferior sides to Madrid. Only bet for me tonight might be a good stake on Madrid to qualify, but I'm yet to decide if this is the kind of situation where it's ''written'' for Madrid to go through, like I believed Spurs was last week (and backed them to qualify).

Seems surprising to me how few people are mentioning Lyon's defensive frailties so far this season in the CL, conceding four at Benfica and three at Schalke, two inferior sides to Madrid. Only bet for me tonight might be a good stake on Madrid to qualify, but I'm yet to decide if this is the kind of situation where it's ''written'' for Madrid to go through, like I believed Spurs was last week (and backed them to qualify).
At 1.14ish!? Doesn't look to be much there to get excited about..

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March I think the odds for a Lyon win are inflated as well, but I have no interest in taking it. Lyon looked very good in France, attacking Madrid with confidence. However, the Bernadeu is a completely different place to play and Lyon will likely be intimidated and defend instead of try to play with Madrid as they did at home. Once Madrid get their first goal, it will force Lyon to open up, where they will get stung on the counter attack. I like Madrid -1.25 at 1.84 with Ladbrokes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March One for me this evening. Apologies for the lateness of the post, been mulling it over. - Real Madrid -1.25AH (vs Lyon) @ 1.85 with 188bet (5pts) I can understand those who point to Lyon's elimination of Real Madrid last time out, but I think Jose Mourinho is too good a manager to let that happen here. Real were the better team at the Gerland and left with exactly what they wanted: an away goal. That sets them up nicely for this encounter. Karim Benzema is playing very well and will probably be flanked by Cristiano Ronaldo. They have goals and creativity throughout the side and have the ability to take advantage of a Lyon rearguard that, although solid domestically, has been porous on the road in Europe. Benfica showed that Lyon do concede goals and with the onus on Claude Puel's men to get a goal, I do think Madrid can expose them on the counter. Cris returns for OL, but Pape Diakhite and Dejan Lovren had been forming a pretty formidable partnership on their own. I think Cris can be got at here - his lack of pace is stark these days, and the movement of Benzema, Mesut Ozil and Ronaldo will highlight this. Lyon do have dangers up top, particularly with Lisandro Lopez and the in-form Miralem Pjanic, but this is exactly why I think Real will look to kill off the tie. They know that Lyon are dangerous, and I suspect there will be an element of revenge within this side. Lyon are one of the form teams in France at present and my tip to win Ligue 1, but they are in a sticky situation here chasing a goal. I expect Real to open the scoring, meaning Lyon have to go for it, and their lack of pace in defence and the centre of midfield (Jeremy Toulalan and Kim Kallstrom are not blessed with vitesse) will be tested to the full. The -1.25AH line offers a bit of protection if Real win by a single goal, but I think we'll see Madrid progress with a bit to spare in the end. Their enhanced quality, ultimately, should tell. :hope

I think the odds for a Lyon win are inflated as well' date=' but I have no interest in taking it. Lyon looked very good in France, attacking Madrid with confidence. However, the Bernadeu is a completely different place to play and Lyon will likely be intimidated and defend instead of try to play with Madrid as they did at home. Once Madrid get their first goal, it will force Lyon to open up, where they will get stung on the counter attack. I like Madrid -1.25 at 1.84 with Ladbrokes.[/quote'] French sides playing vs top teams are generally more likely to freeze up into some dull game ie. not opening enough rather than opening up too much and getting countered. Just my opinion.

French sides playing vs top teams are generally more likely to freeze up into some dull game ie. not opening enough rather than opening up too much and getting countered. Just my opinion.
Not when they have something to chase. Once Man Utd scored last night, Marseille attacked and did most of the attacking. The problem is that when they do come forward, they don't take advantage of the chances they create at the highest level and are invariably punished on the counter against top teams. OM only scored last night via an own goal - Lyon have more in their locker with Lisandro, but are arguably up against a side with a superior attacking armoury.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March I remember Lyon being criticized last year for not attacking enough in CL. I agree they will be less "intimated" by Real since they got good results in the past few years vs them, but I wonder how much they will press tonight, even if/once Real score. We'll see in a bit more than one hour.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March How can ppl say Real vs Lyon under 2.5 here. Lyon will try to score that goal which will make pressure on real for sure. You cant just spend 90minutes defending against real. Lyon will try to counterattack and real madrid will try to score. So lets say Real score a gaol. Real 1-0 Lyon. Lyon will just push forward and try to get equalizer. That must mean either 1-1 or 2-0. This game is overs for me with correct score 2-1 for real madrid. And you know what i cant deposit money for some bank issue hence i will not be able to play this and considering my luck it will go that way since i didnt play it. :cry Chelsea vs Copenhagen is really nice taking copenhager +2 on handicap result. With chelsea 2-0 up i dont see them pushing forward. Just keeping possesion and short gaps between a solid defense and a good midfield copenhagen stand a difficulty to attack. So its over2.5 Real Madrid vs Lyon Copenhagen +2 handicap result Bet 365 @3.23 medium stakes. Sorry if i made soemthing wrong im new at PL :drums

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real to win to nil @2.20 @bet365 Real's defense has been really solid at home all season keeping 11 clean sheets out of 18 matches. Mourinho's men will keep it tight and know that a CS sends them through. They will also force Lyon to chase the game and force them to open up. Lyon didn't create many chances at Le Gerland except for a couple of hopeful crosses. They lacked ideas in the final third and only found the back of the net via a corner.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Chelsea to win to nil @ 2.00 (Paddy Power:4pts) Can see a relatively comfortable match for Chelsea here - they dont have to go all out for goals so I've decided to sidestep the handicap or overs/unders. From what I saw of Copenhagen in the last match, they looked really mediocre and I wasnt even impressed with Chelsea that night, still it was a stroll. They've picked a pretty strong side tonight with Essien and Torres rested and Drogba and Mikel coming in.........dont think it harms Chelsea too much and think they can get the win here while shutting Copenhagen out. gl!

Key players rested?Who exactly?Mour play the same squad every match.He doesn't like to rest players.Give me few names of key rested players pls. ronaldo has been included in the squad.Real coach Jose Mourinho would not say whether he will include Ronaldo in his starting lineup for the game. "I need to consult the medical department for a final opinion and to hear how the player himself feels, his final feelings in training," Mourinho said at a pre-training news conference
And Khedira was also on the bench the other night, now that's 5 names for ya I hope thats enough for ya

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Just a couple of small speculative one's from me to keep an interest tonight.... Copenhagen UNDER 10 performance points @ 1.90 - BET365. Lyon Over 10 performance points @ 1.90 - BET365. I think that Chelsea should easily overcome Copenhagen tonight. They are the weakest side left in the CL without doubt, and I can understand calls for Chelsea + 1.5 AH, but Chelsea often surprise us with a performance to take note of when we least expect it. The pressure will all be off them, and I expect Copenhagen to be off the pace a bit. Especially towards the end, with :hope a few silly challenges being made resulting in yellows. I've notice Copenhagen are prone to more than a few yellows so far this term, awat from home. So, 3 yellows for them would be my call tonight. I think Lyon know Madrid very well, and it wouldn't surprise me here if they scored a goal. They need to score, it's as simple as that. So, I'm banking on that notion allowing them enough impetus to get forward to earn a few corners. For those that are unaware of how the scoring system works for the performance based markets, as follows; 25pts for a win, 10 pts for a draw, 15 pts for each goal scored, 3pts for each corner earned, - 5pts for a yellow, - 15pts for a red, 10pts for a goal scored before 20th minute, 10pts for a clean sheet.

Chelsea to win to nil @ 2.00 (Paddy Power:4pts) Can see a relatively comfortable match for Chelsea here - they dont have to go all out for goals so I've decided to sidestep the handicap or overs/unders. From what I saw of Copenhagen in the last match, they looked really mediocre and I wasnt even impressed with Chelsea that night, still it was a stroll. They've picked a pretty strong side tonight with Essien and Torres rested and Drogba and Mikel coming in.........dont think it harms Chelsea too much and think they can get the win here while shutting Copenhagen out. gl!
good reasoning but what if chelsea didnt score. if i were you i would cover bet with correct score 0-0 small stakes. Good luck:hope

Market is moving fast.Lyon +1.5AH is @1.85 now' date=i'll have more of that.Lyon jumped to @9.50.I'm not saying they are going to win but this is stupid price or bookies trap again.they lower down price on Real wich is @1.33 so more ppl include them in accas or just lump on them like i did last year :wall they don't even know if Ronaldo will play.
oops 3-0 so far :$ Was a bit easy for Real :lol

Real Madrid looks a cert for me. Real do have a bad record against Lyon but this is a different Real Madrid' date= a different team and a different coach. They did dominate the first leg and they have an unbelievable record at home this season. Key players rested over the weekend and Ronaldo back. I imagine Benzeman will start this match, Adebayor just doesn't fit in the team for me, he doesn't suit there style of play, hasn't got that 1 touch swagger that they play with. I say 2-0 but im just going for a straight win doubled with something else
3-0 15 minutes left , money in the bag what a great midweek . Now bring on the weekend :nana:nana:nana

Copenhahan on the handicap interests me here, Chelsea look a little short considering they are 2-0 up from the first leg and only have to see the tie out. Copenhagan may go for it but Chelsea have a solid unit and I can't see them causing much trouble, I can see a low scoring game, 0-0 or 1-0 Chelsea is my gut feeling. Team news will be crucial though. Purely for value though I'll take Copenhagan +1.5 AH @ 1.97 with Betfair. :nana
Game went very much as expected :ok

Chelsea - Kopengahen my point of view is that this is possible bomb, something like 1-1, or 0-1, or 0-0 i dont see why Chelsea to bother to trash Kopenhagen with the result from the first leg, so i find plenty of value on Kopenhagen +1,5 @ 2,10 in Pinnacle
easy money :nana

good reasoning but what if chelsea didnt score. if i were you i would cover bet with correct score 0-0 small stakes. Good luck:hope
Haha you were right mate. Chelski had enough chances to do it but in the end the game petered out.

This could be a shrewd move....last year I had Madrid - 3 Corners, which they won 9-2. This year, as Madrid hold the advantage, there is more onus on Lyon to get forward as you say....although, should they score first.....which is easily possible, then the bet won't come in. It's a delicately poised contest, and I wish you all the luck with this bet :ok
It didn't turn out to be much of a shrewd move, but never mind. It was all looking good at half time but I thought Lyon were really poor in the second half. Well done to all winners.

Seems surprising to me how few people are mentioning Lyon's defensive frailties so far this season in the CL' date=' conceding four at Benfica and three at Schalke, two inferior sides to Madrid.[/quote'] I think you had a point tonight lol

Real Madrid-Lyon Real will surely put their focus on a solid defense and try to score one goal.I think they will go and defend their single goal and Lyon tries to attack and score.Myabe they will score.For me there are just two possible results: Real to win by 1 goal 3,80 sportingbet 3pts CS 2:0 7,00 Will Hill 1pt GL
3:0,Madrid too good,Lyon too bad

- Real Madrid -1.25AH (vs Lyon) @ 1.85 with 188bet (5pts) - Real Madrid 3-0 Lyon WIN
Straightforward win for Madrid. Well done everyone else who made profit this evening, some good calls on the Copenhagen plus.

Haha you were right mate. Chelski had enough chances to do it but in the end the game petered out.
Hope you took my advice. even on my other post i said that lyon real will be over 2.5 mate. i won something from here but i lost on other bets so i have a break even. hope i helped:cheers

Real Madrid - Lyon Madrid is totally a different team at home this season. They have not lost a single game at home in all competition , last time they lost at home was against Barcelona last season. I dont see Madrid losing this one irrespective of Ronaldo is fit for this clash or not. They will happily defend the away goal and will be pleased with 0-0 score. Also they have very tough fixture in upcoming week , all away games against the big guns Alt Madrid , Bilbo , Valencia plus el clasico at home. I dont think they will be that aggressive , also Mourinho likes to sit back. Under2.5 @ 2.20 Bet365 :(:( 0 Goals @ 15.00 for Fun Bet365 :eyes Lyon to win @ 9.5 for Fun Bet365 :eyes Chelsea - Copenhagen Chelsea will have no problem qualifying for the next round , they are way too strong for Copenhangen. I am not expecting this game to be a goal fest , so Under 2.5 goals seems good for now. Under2.5 @ 2.20 Bet365 :tongue2 :hope GL All.
No lose No gain :gimme