Snooker: Welsh Open

RussP

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

That was a day I needed. Starting to resemble Germany this :eek. -2.8pts going into Thursday after the two smaller outrights lost. One for the afternoon session. 6pts M.Williams (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Cope 5/6 Blue Square Mark Williams is playing dream snooker at the minute and I see no reason why that won't continue. He's scoring like a dream and Cope has no safety game. Cope struggled past McLeod and I think he goes here and goes no worse than 4-2.
4-0 :notworthy:nana:dude

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Had to go away with work this week at the last minute so not had to get involved in the match betting. However, I've come back to quite a nice surprise with both Carter & Maguire winning their quarters. Leaves me +10.3pts for the week. Would make it a wonderful week if both could win their respective semis tomorrow:hope

Here's hoping & I'm taking a few on the outright market at outrageous prices. A.Carter to win 2nd quarter, 2pts @ 9/2 Betfred A.Carter to win Welsh Open, 1pt EW @ 25/1 Betfred (1/2 odds 1-2) Won the Shanghai earlier in the season but hasn't quite been the same player since, not getting past the last 16 of any event. However, he's back home now and will fancy his chances at an event where he's reached the final on each of the last 2 years, winning once. Clearly loves the venue and will be fired up to do well in front of his home crowd. The draw has been relatively kind to him, I feel. Tough opener but his 3-1 H2H over the inconsistent Barry Hawkins should stand him in good stead. Ebbo or Dale shouldn't hold too many fears after that before a quarter final against Ding or Mark Allen being most likely. However if he can get past the first 2 rounds, the home support will be a massive plus and I think 25/1 is way too big for a player still inside the top 8 with a ranking win against his name this season and a superb record in this event. Even if he doesn't go all the way, 9/2 is a silly price in a quarter with only 1 player ranked above him. S.Maguire to win 3rd quarter, 2pts @ 4/1 Betfred S.Maguire to win Welsh Open, 1pt EW @ 20/1 Betfred (1/2 odds 1-2) I'm hoping the Scot will be on fire this week. Another who is in the top 8, making his price look stupid and also has a good record here, reaching the quarters & semis in the last 2 years. Still a great player on his day, I think this short format will suit him well, as proved by his 2 final appearances in the PTC's. Reached the quarters in 3 of the 4 ranking events so 4's again looks big to win his quarter. Draw, again, hasn't been too unkind, with Gerard Greene to open and either Hendry or Perry in his path en route to the quarters. Most likely Mark Williams or Fu then but I'd be happy to be on him at the price then.

I too have had a small wager on the outright - gone for Maguire as stated above he does have a nice draw and at 26/1 on Betfair odds are way to big in my opinion. Have had small stakes with a view to trade off before the last 8 - hopefully a few of the big guns will have been beaten and his odds will have dropped. I think we could be in for a few shocks in this tournament as such a short format in the early rounds will suit the underdogs - but thats just my opinion good luck all who have had a bet in this one. S.Maguire to win the Welsh open at 26/1 on Betfair 1pt I layed my stake back before the Williams match but still stand to win a nice few quid if he goes on to win the whole thing - and have broken even if he gets beat in the semis - will probably lay of to lock in a profit if he makes it to the final - come on Stephen.:hope

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Good luck with Maguire tonight guys. +6.2 for me at the minute. 4pts S.Maguire vs M.Selby - Over 9 frames Evs Bet365 I think this 2nd semi final will be quite tight. Maguire is scoring well while Selby is digging in and scrapping hard as he always does. Isn't a lot between the two this week and I can't see either running away with this one. 6-4 or 6-5 either way wins it and I think that will be the final score.

Superb performance mate this week:clap:clap
Cheers mate. Just need to sort out these opening day shambles and I'll be going well. Maybe I should just turn up from day 2 onwards :loon. Excellent results with the two outrights yourself regardless of what happens to Maguire in the decider :clap:clap.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open One for me in the final, as well as the outright I have running. S.Maguire, over 5.5 50+ breaks, vs J.Higgins, 4pts @ 6/5 Paddy Power Big price here on Mags, especially when you consider Higgins is just 8/11 for the same line. Stephen Maguire is an incredibly frustrating player who gives his opponents chances but when he's amongst the balls, he's superb. Has proved that this week too with 5 50's in his 4-2 defeat of Greene, before getting bogged down and hitting just 2 against Hendry & 3 against Williams. However, last night, he hit a 50 in all 6 frames he won, that despite Selby playing a pretty tight game. Higgins is a far more open player and I see plenty of decent breaks being knocked in today. We need 6 50's here and I feel this match will be close so, even if Mags doesn't have the 9 frames he needs to win, I'll think he'll get 7 or 8 which will be enough to bring this line home.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open One for me in the final. 4pts J.Higgins to win 1st session 11/10 Paddy Power This should be a good final. Both will have plenty of motivation going into this one. Higgins will have a 'do it for dad' mindset while Maguire will want to go well in his first major final for 3 years, a stat which is ridiculous when you think about it. Higgins looked his best all week against Carter and with Maguire having a tough, late night last night I think the early advantage in this final lies with the defending champion. Good luck to all those on Maguire outright :ok.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Sport Snooker/Pool Event Higgins v Maguire Selection Higgins Strength 10/10 Date 20/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.40 Reasoning Higgins is 5-3 down but still a long way to go. Higgins is a great grinder, and I see this getting close and going all the way. Maguire playing really well, and so is Higgins, so this should be good. Happy to take odds against, and see how this goes.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Ah well, it wasn't to be. Maguire leads 5-3 at half time but played poorly this evening. Still a 20/1 runner up will suffice and, despite only hitting 1 50 tonight, the over 5.5 50 break bet came in thanks to his 5 this afternoon:ok I was away most of the week, which probably wasn't a bad thing:lol. Overall, I finish on +22.1pts in another difficult tournament to predict. PTC finals next, just before the China Open, with the season finishing at the Crucible. Been a pretty good season and just hope we can secure a bit more profit in those 3:hope Good stuff too from Kev, who secured profit in both the qualifiers and the main event:clap. Would be nice to see a few more regular posters....