** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February

According Gazetta' date=' Inter's player Diego Milito will miss the first leg due to injury. Argentinian will be absent from the pitch about a 45 days.[/quote'] It has been also confirmed by Inter official website, but even without Milito Inter is strong and with Pazzini and Eto'o up front they will most likely win.

It has been also confirmed by Inter official website' date=' but even without Milito Inter is strong and with Pazzini and Eto'o up front they will most likely win.[/quote'] Possible,it depends on their defense.Bayern Munich's defense is really bad.Offense with Robben and Ribery is really good.Manager van Gaal gets criticised more and more and thanks to his bad behavior he has lost a lot of supporters at the club.it wouldn't surprise me if he gets fired in the next few weeks.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February The Marseille Manchester united game to me looks very interesting, when you look at how poor United have been away from home in the league. They did will all their away matches in the group stages, one easily vs the naive Bursaspor and two i'd say, fortunate or even lucky wins against valencia and rangers. Apart from that match vs the turks united have looks very unconvincing in every away match. A Marseille win is certainly more than possible, i just wonder if they do win, which will still be asking a lot since united are a very strong side, if they will win say 2-1 or 3-2 with United crusing through at old Trafford on away goals Does anyone think United will crash and burn in the Veladrome, i don't think so. I'm predicting 2-1 to Marseille or a 1-1 draw! 6.5/10

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Nah,i fancy Bayern more,don't like Inter at all and never did. Bayern always play strong in CL.In their group stage they won 5 and lost 1.Inter was average.Without "the special one" they won't go far.If Ribery and Robben play i'll be on bayern +0.5AH @1.75

Nah,i fancy Bayern more,don't like Inter at all and never did. Bayern always play strong in CL.In their group stage they won 5 and lost 1.Inter was average.Without "the special one" they won't go far.If Ribery and Robben play i'll be on bayern +0.5AH @1.75
But Bayern has a really bad defense.Tymostschuk as a centre-back although he is non.Breno and van Buyten on the bench.Badstuber is also really poor.

It has been also confirmed by Inter official website' date=' but even without Milito Inter is strong [b']and with Pazzini and Eto'o up front they will most likely win.
Pazzini is cuptied in CL. Inter has to survive Bayern with Pandev-Eto'o.

Pazzini is cuptied in CL. Inter has to survive Bayern with Pandev-Eto'o.
Didn't realise they had this rule again. I though last 2-3 years teams were allowed to add 3 new players regardless of them being cup tied. I think they were allowed to add 1 out of these 3 players, who has already played in Europe for another team.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Inter - bayern game looks to be a very open game, inter rested snedjer over the weekend for this game and i think hes very creative in midfield for them...makeing goals and scoreing goals, i don't rate Cesar very much in the inter goal, i can see bayern power with robben, ribbery and gomez score a goal or 2. Both teams have great attacking force so i was looking at both teams to score in this game. anyone else think?:ok

Inter - bayern game looks to be a very open game, inter rested snedjer over the weekend for this game and i think hes very creative in midfield for them...makeing goals and scoreing goals, i don't rate Cesar very much in the inter goal, i can see bayern power with robben, ribbery and gomez score a goal or 2. Both teams have great attacking force so i was looking at both teams to score in this game. anyone else think?:ok
Personally think Cesar is one of the best in the world, but under Leonardo, bar the last one, their home games have been goals galore: Napoli 3-1 Genoa 3-2 (Cup) Bologna 4-1 Cesena 3-2 Palermo 3-2 Roma 5-3 Cagliari 1-0 Bayern's matches recently have also seen many goals, so it seems unlikely this will be goaless.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February robben 2 score anytime @3,75 8/10 whats wrong with the william hill bookies?! :nana there is no question, if this price is value. for comparison only: for mesut ozil who didn't scores in cl a lot and who will play with real madrid in lyon you just get a 2,75. i know that lyon isn't a high-class team as inter milan is, but a 3,75 is a much too high price for arjen robben 2 score. and there is no question if bayern will score in milan. of course we'll se an open game with 1 or 2 goals by bayern. good luck guys

Inter - bayern game looks to be a very open game, inter rested snedjer over the weekend for this game and i think hes very creative in midfield for them...makeing goals and scoreing goals, i don't rate Cesar very much in the inter goal, i can see bayern power with robben, ribbery and gomez score a goal or 2. Both teams have great attacking force so i was looking at both teams to score in this game. anyone else think?:ok
Cesar is quality goalkeeper and he was voted best goalkeeper in Europe last year. It all depends on coaches. Another example is Casilas at Real Madrid. During previous seasons he conceded plenty of goals, but Real scored more than that. Now under Mourinho who concentrates in defense it is really hard to score against Real Madrid and Casilas makes a big contribution to that. I agree that this game will produce goals, because B.Munich will most likely hope to qualify on away goals as they did last year. Both to score @ 1.60-1.70 is a bit short for me. The only thing that worries me is that it will be like Milan - Tottenham game where people expected goals. I think more research is needed here, so will do i within next few days, but still Over 2.5 Goals looks like the most reasonable bet here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Would't agree really, i think Cesar is one of the most overated goalkeepers...ever since he had that accident and remember seing him play with 2 blackeyes....i think hes a poor GK for a team like inter but thats just my opinion. hopefully the game will have plenty of goals:ok

robben 2 score anytime @3' date=75 8/10 whats wrong with the william hill bookies?! :nana there is no question, if this price is value. for comparison only: for mesut ozil who didn't scores in cl a lot and who will play with real madrid in lyon you just get a 2,75. i know that lyon isn't a high-class team as inter milan is, but a 3,75 is a much too high price for arjen robben 2 score. and there is no question if bayern will score in milan. of course we'll se an open game with 1 or 2 goals by bayern. good luck guys
odds at william hill still at 3,75. the odds at bet365 dropped to 2,87 and interwetten or bwin to 3,00. so if you have the chance to bet at williamhill, pick this scorer bet!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Inter - Bayern Revenge game for Bayern after the Madrid final. On Inter side Leonardo have back the appreciated services of Lucio in center of defense. That said the guy can't turn the defense by himself, and Inter has been receiving many goals, a fact that has to be remembered. Leonardo's team has ben winning games with a certain regularity, however in the last game to Cagliari, Interi needed an offside goal from Ranocchia to close the match. Cagliari didn't scored, true, but managed to push Inter in its half during much of the game. Bayern has back Robben, and the guy seems to picking up form. The latest results of Bayern speak about another team from the disastrous one at the beggining of Bundesliga. Bayern is out of Bundesliga title, and Champions League is all that remains. An open game for me. both teams to score @ 1.72 Bet365 medium stake Draw @ 3.30 William Hill medium stake over 2.5 goals @ 2.03 Canbet low stake CS 1-1 @ 7 William Hill minimum stake CS 2-2 @ 17 StanJames minimum stake

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Marseille - Manchester United First some stats. Marseille to english teams has registered 7 wins and 2 loses. Man. United in Frabce has registered 4 wins, 6 draws and 2 loses. Marseille hasn't received goals from four games in CL. Man. United last defeat in Europe was on 30 March 2010 (1-2 by Bayern). In the latest 10 games away Man. United has always scored. My guess is that Gignac and his teammates will keep some high rhythm, while 'Red Devils' will try to calm the game and bring the qualification isssue back in Old Tradford. I think this game is up for a surprise. Marseille @ 3.60 William Hill medium stake both teams to score @ 1.8 VictorChandler medium stake over 2.5 goals @ 2.40 Bet365 low stake halftime/finaltime Marseille/Marseille @ 6.75 Bwin low stake CS 2-1 @ 13 William Hill minimum stake

But Bayern has a really bad defense.Tymostschuk as a centre-back although he is non.Breno and van Buyten on the bench.Badstuber is also really poor.
Bad defence,Bayern?Probably as bad as Inter's defence :lol Robben and Ribery will show Inter last season's final.Very confident about Bayern not to lose it :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich – BTS @ 4/5 – 888Sport 5pts Since Benitez’s departure Inter have played out some cracking matches at the San Siro in their domestic season, netting 23 times in the last 6 games however conceding 11 at the same time. Inter play an attacking 4-3-3 with Sneijder, Milito and Eto’o providing the ammunition although their weakness has been injuries to their centre backs. If you’re playing a 4-3-3 you need a solid backline to cope with counter attacks and they haven’t been able to cope just recently. Bayern Munich won 5 of their Group E games during the group phase, scoring 16 goals in the process and letting in 6. They defeated Basel 2-1 away from home, smashed Cluj 4-0 and narrowly lost 3-2 to Roma at the Stadio Olimpico so they set their stall out to attack. In their domestic season they have scored and conceded in the last six out of seven matches. I really fancy Bayern to nick an away goal at the San Siro, maybe more than one. Two interesting Champions League stats on the two team’s stikers: Eto'o has scored 7 goals from just 10 shots on target in the CL. Gomez has scored 6 from just 8 shots on target. (I wrote this last Friday so there maybe a few stats that have changed slightly)

Bad defence,Bayern?Probably as bad as Inter's defence :lol Robben and Ribery will show Inter last season's final.Very confident about Bayern not to lose it :ok
Dont be so sure. Although I feel like a 1-1 draw here, Inter have a decent chance to win. Bayern are not solid at all.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February i reckon marseille v utd game tomorrow will be a low scoring cagey affair,with utd approaching the game playing for the draw.. with marseille missing gignac their main outlet for goals i can't see them posing too much of a threat. i'm going to pick bore (both teams not to score 8/11 P.P) both inter and bayern seem to be leaking a fair few goals lately in their domestic leagues leagues. inter who will be minus lucio and samuel have conceded 5 in their past four games ,which is the same stat with bayern.. with attacking threats like sneijder,maicon,ribery and robben involved i fancy both sides to score here. (Both to score 4/6 P.P) adding in arsenal & porto wins makes this an appealing 11/2 accumulator:eek:dude

Inter - Bayern Revenge game for Bayern after the Madrid final. On Inter side Leonardo have back the appreciated services of Lucio in center of defense. That said the guy can't turn the defense by himself, and Inter has been receiving many goals, a fact that has to be remembered. Leonardo's team has ben winning games with a certain regularity, however in the last game to Cagliari, Interi needed an offside goal from Ranocchia to close the match. Cagliari didn't scored, true, but managed to push Inter in its half during much of the game. Bayern has back Robben, and the guy seems to picking up form. The latest results of Bayern speak about another team from the disastrous one at the beggining of Bundesliga. Bayern is out of Bundesliga title, and Champions League is all that remains. An open game for me. both teams to score @ 1.72 Bet365 medium stake Draw @ 3.30 William Hill medium stake over 2.5 goals @ 2.03 Canbet low stake CS 1-1 @ 7 William Hill minimum stake CS 2-2 @ 17 StanJames minimum stake
Marseille - Manchester United First some stats. Marseille to english teams has registered 7 wins and 2 loses. Man. United in Frabce has registered 4 wins, 6 draws and 2 loses. Marseille hasn't received goals from four games in CL. Man. United last defeat in Europe was on 30 March 2010 (1-2 by Bayern). In the latest 10 games away Man. United has always scored. My guess is that Gignac and his teammates will keep some high rhythm, while 'Red Devils' will try to calm the game and bring the qualification isssue back in Old Tradford. I think this game is up for a surprise. Marseille @ 3.60 William Hill medium stake both teams to score @ 1.8 VictorChandler medium stake over 2.5 goals @ 2.40 Bet365 low stake halftime/finaltime Marseille/Marseille @ 6.75 Bwin low stake CS 2-1 @ 13 William Hill minimum stake
Good reasoning I do not have much to add so will follow you on the following bets. Inter Milan - B.Munich: Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (5 units) Bet365 Both to Score Double @ 3.45 (2 units) Bet365

still sticking with this for tonight..fingers crossed be better than last night:hope

Inter Injury: Diego Milito Out: Pazzini, Christoph Knasmuller Bayern Munich Injuty: Ivica Olic Doubtful: Thomas Kraft It’s very interesting clash in the 1/8 finals of the Champions League with the same teams which were involved in the previous big final game. The situation now is different- both teams have new players, manager (Leonardo for Inter). The two sides are in incredible form with five wins in last six games; they are situated in third place in their domestic leagues, but Bayern Munich is too far behind the leader. Inter won with just one goal last two games and van Gaal accuse Inter of playing defensively and according to him there is no big change in the Nerazzurri football since departure of Morinho. Wesley Sneijder, rested at the weekend along with Lúcio, is also available and in midfield Esteban Cambiasso and Dejan Stanković are finally 100% fit for the host. Bayern also have recovered players- Rouven Sattelmaier is back in training. Mario Gomez has overcome an ankle complaint. The German team is improving with big steps and definitely, it will not be a typical home side game. Tip: X or tight home win with only one goal Expected Formations: 231lo.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sneijder will be in this lineup so this lineup is wrong

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 23 February Event Inter v Bayern Selection Bayern (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 23/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 3.33 Reasoning Tie of the round for me in the Champions League but I can't believe how short Bayern have come into with many places offering 3's or under. In a knockout-round of the Champions League, I don't think that's great value and will therefore lay Bayern. A lot has been said by the managers going into the build-up about the necessity to play football and how great attacking football is, but I believe this is rubbish, I actually think this will be a poor game, with few goals. We've seen in the last year how Bayern did not play at all against Mourinho's rigid tactics. In reality both teams are at similar point, both having bad starts to the season and now in recovery mode. I think the 'revenge' card is over-played. Inter deserved won in the final so there was no injustice done. I quite like the team news I'm hearing from Inter. Lucio is back as we know and should feature in a defence with Maicon, Chivu and Cordoba. Sneijder was rested and looks a cert to start.