Decisions

andyfmfb

"Win or lose, it does not matter. As long as I know I made the correct decision." I think it was Hellmuth said it, and its been ringing in my ears for some time now. Early doors in a 55 euro sat to PPT Prague. Blinds 25/50. All stacks around the 3k mark. UTG+1 raises to 150, folds round to me in sb, pocket jacks, re raise to 450. bb shoves, almost instantly. Initial raiser takes a few seconds then is all in as well. I think I made the correct decision, but am beginning to question myself as its happening a bit to often recently. What do you do?

Re: Decisions Yeah I fold, certain to see at least a kk. Not so, bb has ak and raiser has fecking aq. My hopes to see one of them hit was soon dashed with a good old jack on the turn. So the correct decision ended up changing the whole dynamics of the table, how loose the play was effected the way I played, in particular against the bb who won the hand in question, leading to missing a few more chances to ko him from the game. So my second question is, is that wrong on my behalf? ............................. and you'll never guess who won the seat........... :(

Re: Decisions I think it's very important to have confidence in the decisions you make. As long as you take some moments to think about what you're doing, taking into consideration all the info you have at the time then you must make the play you think best at the time. If it doesn't work out then that's just one of those things.

Re: Decisions no consolation i know,but i would have folded instantly,even if i had AA,unless of course as the guys have said already its a re-buy. dont try and second guess the decisions you have made,i have fallen into that trap,and still do occasionally,once a decision is made,move on :ok

Re: Decisions

i would fold AA if more than 2 players are all in as the odds are against you.
Actually with AA's you are still a 66% favourite even if the other 2 hands are KK and QQ. With the amount in the pot the odds would be in your favour. JJ's are completly different. against KK's and AK you are no better than a 20% fav. normal fold unless you think your opponents are stealing and you are short stacked.

Re: Decisions We've all been in this situation,worst thing you can do is let it affect your game and start making calls when you know your either way behind or at best in a flip. you made the right decision and rightly surprised to see ak and aq when blinds were so low. i would take notes on the players be prepared to call any squeezes with a decent hand and look for semi bluffs from them after the flop.

Re: Decisions

i would fold AA if more than 2 players are all in as the odds are against you.
I cant belive it Never ever fold AA in that situation even if there is 5 players allready all in pre flop and its beginning of tournament About JJ ---not very easy but still fold for me