** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

MagOOs Football Magic S/R 56/67 Return +13.90 units

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 74/85 Profit +44% Gday punters Markets for Arsenal and Italian Serie A mid week games not yet available as Betfair has Site Maintenance. Will post markets tomorrow. For those interested these are the losing lays so far on this thread: Chelsea ($4.20 paid out per unit) Stoke $2.40 Palermo $2.40 Arsenal $3.50 Gent $2.75 Arsenal $2.85 Palermo $2.70 Udinese $2.60 Real Madrid $6.40 Napoli $2.80 Dortmund $3.90 Cheers all :dude

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 74/85 Profit +44% Gday punters Midweeek draw lays: EPL Arsenal/Everton $4.60 (current on Betfair) Midweek Serie A Chievo/Napoli $3.30 Udinese/Bologna $4.30 Good luck everyone The weekend matches coming up will give this thread 100 bets and I shall deduct the appropriate Betfair commission. Cheers all :hope

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 74/85 Profit +44% 1 more for Magoo with Arsenal winning 2-1 :dude A punter walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out the front of his pants and orders a beer. "That must be a bit uncomfortable mate" the barman comments as he pulls the beer. "Yeah" the punter replies "its driving me nuts!!" A pizza walks into the bar and orders a beer "Sorry mate, we dont serve food in here" :gimme

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 76/88 Profit +40% Gday punters Weekend draw lays as follows: EPL Newcastle/Arsenal $4.10 German Bundesliga Dortmund/Schalke $4.20 Hannover/Wolfsburg $3.60 Mainz/Werder Bremen $3.60 Spanish Primera Liga Almeria/Espanyol $3.50 Barcelona/Athletico Madrid $10 Real Madrid/Sociedad $8.40 (twice) Italian Serie A Udinese/Sampdoria $4.10 Napoli/Cesena $6.20 Portuguese Superliga Porto/Rio Ave $8.80 Setubal/Benfica $5.90 Ive decided to retain Udinese for the moment. These twelve lays will give 100 for this thread, and as mentioned previously, I will deduct the Betfair commission after updating the thread next week. I hope if youre following the thread, youve made a dollar or two, although sometimes its heart in mouth stuff. Good luck everyone :drums

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 76/88 Profit +40%

The Arsenal game from 0-4 to 4-4.... I think that justifies a few ":wall:wall:wall" ;)
Gday Grex I didnt watch the game on telly, but I read somewhere that this is the first time in EPL history that a team has not won after leading 4zip...definitely :wall material...after this weekend I might punt a team or two...cheers mate and congrats on your award:rollin

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 76/88 Profit +40% :hopeUpdate: Payouts on draws: Chelsea ($4.20 paid out per unit) Stoke $2.40 Palermo $2.40 Arsenal $3.50 Gent $2.75 Arsenal $2.85 Palermo $2.70 Udinese $2.60 Real Madrid $6.40 Napoli $2.80 Dortmund $3.90 Udinese $3.30 Dortmund $3.20 Mainz $2.60 Arsenal $3.10 Total Payouts: $48.70 Betfair commission on 86 winning units: $4.30 Total overall profit 33 units = 33% Will do a bit of research before deciding if any teams are added/deleted. Cheers all til next weekend and spare a thought for those in Ozz suffering from floods, cyclones and bushfires... :hope

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 86/101 Profit +33%

Hi there quick point on your "profit". With lay systems profit or yield should be based on total liability for everything staked.
My calculations are based on whether the lay loses or not. I think its odd that if your lay is say 10/1, that price is included in your calculations even though the lay may be successful (i.e. in my case, the match is a win to one side or the other) I know there are other forumites that disagree with me, (and agree with you) but this is the way I calculate winning or losing. Thanks for your interest...as I said to Grex, we shall have to agree to disagree... Good punting :cow

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 86/101 Profit +33% "I think it is oddd that if your lay is say 10/1, that price is included in your calculations even though the lay may be successful"..... that is the whole point, Mr. Magoo - it may not be successful, in which case you effectively lose at 10/1. YIELD = PROFIT / LIABILITY (whether the bets win or lose)..... end of story. "I know there are other forumites that disagree with me"..... I think you will find that ALL "forumites" disagree with you.

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 86/101 Profit +33% Magoo Grex is 100% right and he's trying to be helpful. What he's trying to say is that it's not his point of view against your point of view and you can “agree to disagree” but that there are basic rules of maths that we apply to betting and you simply can not “disagree” with them. Whether you agree or disagree doesn't affect them at all but can seriously affect you or your followers. To keep it simple, why don't you try when posting your selection to include odds at which you lay, your stake and liability. It's not a big hassle to add few numbers and you will see how your risk control and awareness of how your system works will increase. Remember that we all learn from this forum ;) Btw, nice selections so far :) Keep it up :ok

Magoo Grex is 100% right and he's trying to be helpful. What he's trying to say is that it's not his point of view against your point of view and you can “agree to disagree” but that there are basic rules of maths that we apply to betting and you simply can not “disagree” with them. Whether you agree or disagree doesn't affect them at all but can seriously affect you or your followers. To keep it simple, why don't you try when posting your selection to include odds at which you lay, your stake and liability. It's not a big hassle to add few numbers and you will see how your risk control and awareness of how your system works will increase. Remember that we all learn from this forum ;) Btw, nice selections so far :) Keep it up :ok
what do you think "Arsenal $3.10" means? lay 1 @ 4.10 so, if he wins, he make 0.95 profit... he loose, he loose 3.10 then: 0.95 / 3.10 = 30% profit 33% it's quite right :ok what's the discussion!?

Im not going to turn this into a slinging match...all I know is that Im 33% in front... Cheers all :cow
No, you're not. You're nowhere near 33% in front. Do you get 33 units returned for every 100 units bet? If you do, then you have a yield of 33%. If you don't, then you have a different yield. End of story.

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 86/101 Profit +33% As Pet33 said, I am only trying to be helpful..... so that punters can judge the performance of systems on a level playing-field. But Mr. Magoo is entitled to his opinion, even if it is contrary to accepted practice. :\

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 86/101 Profit +33% Let me pose this question on the "accepted practise" If I lay ten horses (@ $10 each @ 10/1 and they all run last, I win my stake times 10...that means I win $100, which is 100%...(liability $100 on each lay) Is the forum trying to tell me that because these some of these horses "may have won" that my winnings total only 10%. Youre saying my yield is 10%...Im saying my profit is 100% What it boils down to is a play on words...

Re: MagOOs Football Magic SR 86/101 Profit +33% If any of the lays actually won their race Id be cactus...Im just using the example as an illustration of how the english language is used by different people...yield, profit, dividend, growth... all words mean a + return...if in the same example, the horses were evens, I would still show a profit of 100% if they all ran last, but my yield would now be 100% and not 10% as in my previous post... thats why I substituted the word "profit" on the thread to differentiate from "yield"...maybe I should use the word"growth" !!! :lol

If I lay ten horses (@ $10 each @ 10/1 and they all run last, I win my stake times 10...that means I win $100, which is 100%...(liability $100 on each lay) Is the forum trying to tell me that because these some of these horses "may have won" that my winnings total only 10%. Youre saying my yield is 10%...Im saying my profit is 100% What it boils down to is a play on words...
But Total Staked would have been $1000, with Returns of $1100 and Profit of $100, ie, 10%....