Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

kevshat

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Good tipping guys! :clap Havent posted anything up since the second test but all 3 of my outright bets are looking good to come in and basically im on England at 10/1 and 7/4 for the last test to complete a great series :hope Let's finish off on a high!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 5pts England to Win 5th Test @ 7/5 Bet365 Australia are in bits. England are better in every department of the game and I think the stripping of Ponting's captaincy mid-series is just straight stupid. Ponting misses his first match for 73 tests and is replaced Khawaja meaning that the Aussie Top 7 will feature Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja & Steven Smith. More on that below. England will want to win this outright for sure and I'm sure Strauss will not let be content with his team just settling for the retaining of the Ashes. He more than anyone would like to be the first captain to win a series down there for decades. England's record at Syndey doesn't speak great volumes. Infact, not many teams come to Sydney and leave with a victory and their record here over the years is amazing. However not many test teams have come to Sydney to play an Australian team in such disarray and I think this might be comfortable for England. 4pts England First Innings Lead (-30.5 Runs) @ 9/10 Sportingbet I am only taking this due to what I alluded to in the bet above. The Australian Top Order features Philip Hughes who has been previously described as a 'walking wicket' somewhere in this thread not too long ago (:lol), a Test-Debutant in Khawaja stepping in at #3 filling the massive void left by Ponting, a seriously out-of-form Clarke with massive pressure on his shoulders, a #6 in Steven Smith who is just shit and a tail that is made up four #11's. Need I go on? 2pts James Anderson (-0.5) to beat Peter Siddle (1st Inns Bowler Matchbet) @ 10/11 I think this is only the price that it is because Siddle did fairly well at his home-ground in the last Test. Anderson has been consistently on fire throughout the series whilst before Test 4, Siddle didn't do a damn thing since the hat-trick on Day 1 of the series. Harris is out for Australia so it increases Siddles chances of picking up wickets here but I think Anderson is just too good and will take this. 1pt End of Match - Day 4 Session 2 8/1 Sportingbet 1pt End of Match - Day 4 Session 3 7/1 Sportingbet 1pt End of Match - Day 5 Session 1 5/1 Sportingbet The last 5 Test Matches at Sydney have finished within one of these three Sessions so I think it's worth having another go here. The weather forecast is meant to be very good so I don't think there is a great chance of a draw. If 4 innings get played out then this will fall nicely into one of these sessions and it'll only fail if a team gets skittled out for a ridiculously low score which I hope is not the case. I am going in pretty heavy on England here which may seem a touch risky but I can't see any other outcome to be honest. None of the player performance markets on Bet365 enticed me enough to take any and the Sportingbet Specials seem to have died a sorry death. Will no doubt update if I think/see anything else. Lets hope I end this series on a high. :hope

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 6pts England to win 5th Test @ 7/5 bet365 Very difficult for Australia to make anything of this test, they must be quite low as a squad at the moment. Ponting isn't here to captain the side, they looked a poor team again in the 4th test. England will want to wrap up the series, just to confirm they are the team to beat, I'd be surprised if we saw the Aussies perform here well and England just look better in every department, add that to squad morale and only see one result here. Players Performances 1 point per run, 20 points per wicket, 10 points per catch, 25 points per stumping 4pts B.Haddin 92 & Over @ 5/6 Bet365 Brad Haddin is one of the Australian players who have played fairly well in this series, he has kepted well and chipped in with some very good knocks. I think he'll bow out of this Ashes series with another strong performance with the gloves and bat, hopefully we get a few edges from the English batsmen and with the way the Australian's are batting he should get two goes with the bat. 4pts S.Watson 107 & Over @ 5/6 Bet365 Shane Watson is capable of making this with just the bat, he'll definitely get the chance with the bat twice barring any miracles from his team. He has take some catches in the series and get's a go with the ball now and again so I think he can clear this line.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

4pts S.Watson 107 & Over @ 5/6 Bet365 Shane Watson is capable of making this with just the bat, he'll definitely get the chance with the bat twice barring any miracles from his team. He has take some catches in the series and get's a go with the ball now and again so I think he can clear this line.
Just so you know, this line is at 98.5 & Over via Cricketbetlive with odds of 9/10 so take that one if you haven't already. :ok

Really? Why what's wrong with them? From what I see they offer pretty good odds/markets..
I would like to see some reviews that are strong, i've seen some poor ones so far. Have you had a bet with them? Ask for withdrawal? That's the thing that is worrying me also that they are offering good odds to lure you in...I'm very wary about using bookmakers that are quite unknown. Anyway, were going off topic.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 1pt - Top Aussie Batsman (1st Inns) - Khawaja @ 11/2 PaddyPower Somewhere in this dreadful Ashes series for the Aussies, a chink of light has to emerge for them. Their last hopes seemingly rest on debutants Beer of Khawaja giving them something to shout about. Beer is not there on merit, in fact I'm fairly sure he is only there to cheese Hauritz off who must be playing a game of hide the wicket with one of the selectors' wives not to be getting a look in considering the standard of spin in Australia. However, Khawaja perhaps should have been selected sooner, and was only being kept out due to the fact the man he should replace was the Australian captain. He has regularly scored big runs in the Shield matches (698 last summer), and average above 50 in first class cricket. This is no guarantee for success, but he seems a very driven character, and technically more complete than other Aussie youngsters Smith and Hughes. At 11/2 I think he has a very good chance of coming in and making a mark, as he is no mug and knows that if he takes his chance here then he is cementing his place in the reformation of Australian cricket. Also, whereas England have worked out how to get the other Aussie batsmen out this series, they may find it harder having to work away at a new target who isn't as attacking and is looking to score big 100s. 0.5pts - Top England Batsman (1st Inns) - Bell @ 13/2 Bet365 More a value pick than anything, but I think 13/2 is a touch overpriced. I have serious reservations about the Aussie attack, which could mean the top order batsmen have the chance to score big runs, however on the flip side if they do weasel out some early wickets it should mean Bell has nothing to fear coming in lower down. Not one to go mad on, but no other prices really appeal to me here, so will probably have a small tickle on this. 2pts - Khawaja 1st Inns Runs Over 26.5 @ 4/5 PaddyPower I have already explained my backing of this guy earlier in the post, and this bet was also talked about in todays RP, but I really fancy it myself too. If he wants to stamp his mark on the Aussie team, he will be looking to bat responsibly and be an anchor for the side, much like Trott is for us. I can't see him playing stupid risky attacking shots, but he won't shirk away if the ball needs putting away. To get to 27 runs should be within his reach with the levels of application he possesses. 5pts - England win 5th Test (DRAW NO BET) @ 8/13 Bet365 I am slightly worried about the weather, and if Hussey rediscovers his touch, and Watson and Khawaja bat responsibly, then there could be potential from the Aussies to provide some resistance in stopping us winning. If the game is not affected by the weather, England win, because the Aussie bowling attack really is woeful here, and they will all be praying Johnson turns up otherwise it could be another embarressment. Siddle is honest enough, but has looked very mediocre half the series and there is the risk he may repeat it here, Hilfenhaus and his military medium isn't gaining any value in these conditions, Smith is a long way of the finished spin product, and there are huge question marks hanging over the inexperienced Beer (who can't be as 'highly regarded' as the woeful Doherty was as he was selected before him, so who knows what is turning up here). England on the otherhand need to win to make history as a WINNING Ashes side in Australia, and I don't see us possessing characters that will shirk this anymore. The weather does worry me though, which is why I will take the safe route and take DNB. I really can't see how the Aussies can win this though, unless Johnson single handedly rips through us twice, but even this will be harder without the impressive Harris applying pressure from the other end.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Despite a poor end to the 4th test for me I still came out of it +5.71 to put me +7.84 for the series. With Ponting not playing here I pick up another 2.5pts so +10.34 coming into this test match. Here's one bet I'm having. I'll come back with the side markets bets shortly. 6pts England to win 5th test 6/4 Bet365 I'm all on England here. This Australian side is an absolute shambles and there's no way in conditions that will suit England down to the ground that I can see Australia beating England here. This has been one of the most one sided Ashes series I can remember bar for about 3 days in the series and England will finish the job off here. I can't understand Australia, I really can't. Ok Ponting's out that may or may not be a burden to them. He certainly wasn't helping them with the bat and as a captain he's 2nd rate if he's even that good but the trouble is they've gone and given the captaincy to someone else who can't buy a run who personally I also think is a shocking captain. Surely Clarke isn't the man to captain the side going forward :unsure. I can't understand the selectors either. Fair enough Cameron White is seen as a one day player but for me he's the best captain I've seen in Australia and I've watched a bit of Aussie domestic cricket the last couple of years. He scored a ton in the warm up game when he captained Australia A so this looks like an opportunity to give him the captaincy and let him grow into it. I guess we need to be fair to Ponting and Clarke. They say a captain is only as good as his bowling attack and this Australian one is awful. If Mitchell Johnson is it's spearhead it's in trouble. Save for one spell in this series he's looked like a bowler who would look out of place in my club side and the less said about Hilfenhaus' lack of firepower the better. It's the issue of the spinner for me that tickles me though. Where the hell have they plucked this Beer from :loon. Ok he took 5 in the warm up match against England for WA. He as good as went for 100 in both innings though and England still won the match. Going for 100 seems to be a regular thing for him. This isn't Brisbane or Adelaide where spinners contain and keep you in the match. Here spinners win matches and this guy just isn't going to get the job done, or by the time he does if he does get it done he'll have conceded so many England are away and gone. Surely the point of a warm up match which includes a team called Australia A is that the A team has the next cabs off the ranks? Well in that game Steve O'Keefe, a left arm spinner which seems to be the criteria for this series as far as Australia are concerned, took 4/88 and scored 66 and 27. This is his home ground but instead we see Doherty and this Beer fella. Mystifying. Then they have their batting. Phil Hughes who can't bat at this level to save his life without a hell of a lot of work being done and Smith who is 2 places too high not to mention Clarke who can't buy a run. If Watson, Haddin and Hussey don't score big, Australia aren't going to. Contrast that to England. England have everything covered here. They have a batting lineup which is firing beautifully with the exception of Collingwood but it's tribute to England's batting that Collingwood hasn't needed to perform because we're in a good position when he comes in and when he goes Bell and Prior pile on the runs. With the ball our attack is perfect. David Saker said it will swing here. Welcome Jimmy Anderson and Tim Bresnan who bowled to the plan as well as any bowler I've seen recently in last week's test. If there's a bit of bounce when the wicket is lively we say hello Chris Tremlett and when it spins, and this place will spin, we go to the best spinner in the world. England are so dominant in every way coming into this match. I haven't seen any area Australia have strengthened in be it batting, bowling, captaincy, fielding or any other facet that test cricket brings into play. But for a few showers being around this would be a max bet but as it is I'm happy England will get this done at a stupidly big 6/4.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Ok lets have some side market fun. 1pt England to win the toss and bowl 10/1 Sportingbet 1pt Australia to win the toss and bowl 7/1 Sportingbet This is a bit of a long shot but the price is wrong for me. There's been a fair bit of rain around on the night before the test match and the forecast is for early rain and perhaps a few showers during play so there's enough in the forecast and perhaps moisture in the wicket to stick the opposition in. The down side is England will want to bowl last to give Swann the wicket last but we've inserted Aus twice in this series and we've bowled last so that's not a huge issue. Bowling has been a popular choice so far and with conditions not bad for bowling and 1st innings scores here occasionally low I'll have a dabble that the toss winner bowls. 3pts England Highest Opening Partnership (1st Inns Only) 4/5 Coral Said all I needed to on this bet in Melbourne. Whenever Phil Hughes is around, home ground or not, England are value in this market. We've been dynamite early on with the new ball all series while Strauss and Cook have settled in pretty nicely all series. No change in the Aussie attack other than Siddle will get the new ball so I'm happy to be on England here at a slightly lower price than we got in Melbourne despite England winning the market by well over 100 runs. 3pts M.Clarke's Performance Pts - Under 77 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Michael Clarke has barely scored a run all series and now that he's captain for this test he's under even more pressure to score in this one. We've seen in twenty20 where he's captain that he can barely get a run. To be fair that's as much the style needed as it is his inability but it doesn't yield confidence. Even though this is 'Pups' home ground his record here leaves a lot to be desired. In 6 matches here, Clarke has only scored 294 runs, 179 of which came in the same match against SA. He's only passed 40 twice on this ground and they were both in that SA match so there's enough to suggest he could struggle with the bat. The slight downside here is he could bowl a bit if it turns but captains don't tend to bowl themselves much and Beer is playing so they'll have him and Smith to bowl. I don't think Clarke covers this with the bat so barring something silly with ball or in the field I think Clarke will stay under 77pts in this final test. 3pts J.Trott to beat K.Pietersen, M.Clarke & U.Khawaja (1st Inns Only) 9/4 Stan James Jonathan Trott is easily the form batsmen of this quartet. Clarke can't buy a run at all while Khawaja offered nothing when he played for Australia A against England's reserve attack to suggest he's automatically going to fill his boots in this match. He could well get a few if he gets in but the problem if he bats 3 is with Hughes around he could be in straight away. That's a big negative for me. So I'm leaving this two down to the two Englishmen, well South African's really. Kevin Pietersen has 324 runs in the series so far but 227 of them came in one knock. So the other 97 have come in 4 innings at an average of 24.25 which isn't brilliant. Trott on the other hand has filled his boots all series. Only Perth has he failed in. He's got a couple of sizable tons and a 70 odd in this series and he just looks like an absolute rock. He bats above KP which could be important if England have routed Australia again. If this does become a match between KP and Trott, and it could well be unless Khawaja bluffed me in that warm up match, then I'm happy to be on Trott at 9/4. 3pts P.Siddle to beat M.Johnson (1st Inns Only) 10/11 William Hill Peter Siddle looks like getting the new ball here so that alone should keep him as favourite in this bet. Johnson, save for 10 overs in Perth has been awful in this series and even now if he gets it to swing I think England will be ready for it. What he isn't going to do is have it zipping through and bouncing all over the shop. Not here. So Siddle's line and length and consistent wholehearted approach is likely to have the better returns. I can't say I like either of these as bowlers but I think there's more in the conditions and lineup to suggest Siddle should be favourite against Johnson here. 1pt ew P.Siddle Top Australia Batsman (1st Inns Only) 66/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Peter Siddle has come on a bit with the bat and got a career best in the last test. Admittedly in a lost cause. However his previous best was here last year when Pakistan decided they wanted to lose from an impossible position. In the 1st innings of that match Australia were shot out for less than 150 and although Siddle's effort was in the 2nd innings of that game, you could see England rolling Australia over here allowing Siddle to come in and pinch a place and maybe the top score. Siddle batted at 10 in the last test but he'll be up at 9 in this test and the extra little bit of time at the crease could be pivotal. It's a long shot I accept but anything is possible with this Australian lineup so at the price I'll have a small tickle. 1pt G.Swann Man of the Match 10/1 Coral Swann's had a fairly quiet series all things told for a guy with his class and standing in this England side. Now he'll be playing on a wicket which will suit him perfectly. This one will turn and I dare say it'll turn for him even in the 1st innings such are the revs he puts on the ball. He'll contribute enough in the field and with the bat to keep himself in people's minds and with it being up to him to bowl England to victory in the 2nd innings I'll have a play at this 10/1 which is 3pts bigger than the general price.

Seeing this is the last test' date=' i totally forgot i got player of the series bets (Anderson and Strauss). Wonder if Anderson can bag a few wickets here i could be onto a winner. What's everyone thinking? Trott? Cook?[/quote'] Yeah, would think Jimmy will be in with a shout if he takes a few, although, I think if Cooks gets a decent score then he'll grab it. I think Vaughan scored 633 runs in recent times (most runs in series) http://stats.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/engine/records/batting/most_runs_series.html?class=1;id=2;type=host , and Cook is on 577 (I think). He's been fantastic.

Yeah' date=' would think Jimmy will be in with a shout if he takes a few, although, I think if Cooks gets a decent score then he'll grab it. I think Vaughan scored 633 runs in recent times (most runs in series) [url']http://stats.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/engine/records/batting/most_runs_series.html?class=1;id=2;type=host , and Cook is on 577 (I think). He's been fantastic.
22/1 i got Anderson (tipped in the earlier pages) too which will be nice if it comes in. Can't fault Cook though. Here hopes:hope

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 S Watson Over @ 1.83 Opening Player A Runs(34.5) Australia v England-5th Test P Hughes Over @ 2.00 Opening Player B Runs(27.5) Australia v England-5th Test Both with >Paddy Power Couple of slightly risky ones, (certainly will be if the ball does a lot). Watson has averaged 50 so far, and I'm taking a chance on Hughes, hoping he learned a lesson last time up, and doesn't flash at the ball like he's opening up in a T20 game.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Khawaja looks quite the player. Well played on RP and earlier tipsters. He will be out LBW though. He should cruise past Watsons runs and Husseys due a fail. Get on. 4/6 Betfair. England to win 3.2 Betfair. Class prevail. Class batters. Class bowlers. Different gravy to Australia. Although we've gone back to normal test cricket than the usual excitement of four before lunch on day one. Weather apparently good for five days then there will be result. England.

Hey Kev' date=' just a quick question. I did this bet aswell but at my local bookies, just wondering if you have been paid out yet on this bet, if so i can go and collect tommorow. Cheers mate[/quote'] No I haven't yet mate. Haven't been paid out for any of the outrights which have come in so far so I'm guessing everyone is settling them when the series is over.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 3pts Australia Under 310.5 1st Innings Runs @ 17/20 William Hills AUS 134/4 (59 Overs) Big wicket for Swann to pick up last night leaving the Aussies under pressure at 134/4, for me its all about this partnership between Hussey & Haddin as both are in good nick, they are predicting cloudy conditions in the forecast so hopefully England can do a bit with the ball this morning and get one of them out. They are scoring at a low run rate with 2.27 per over and if Hussey goes within the 1st hour then I think Australia will do very well to reach 300, Smith is out of nick and then your into the bowlers. William Hill are offering the better line and price.