** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Change to BOG terms at Stan James

Just got an e-mail from Stan James informing me that as from 1st November the BOG concession will only apply to bets placed within 10 minutes of race time. In other words, if you place your bet an hour before the race, you don't get BOG. Don't know about other bookies as i only have the one account. Not very good news is it............:@

Re: Change to BOG terms at Stan James hmmm..thats a bit tight....shortly they will be changing the rules to "from now on even if you get a winner,stan james will decide on what price you will be paid out..what's that your say,'you've told all your mates you backed a horse at evens in the morning and it won at 100-1 and your now 10,000 richer...here's your 200 pounds.good luck"

Re: Change to BOG terms at Stan James I notice that no one else has said that they've received an e-mail........ Is it just me...........:sad There could be a plus side to this..........maybe Stan James will have to offer bigger odds in their early prices. If you look on Oddschecker the biggest prices early in the day are usually the NON-BOG firms. I guess they have to add an extra point to tempt people to give up the BOG option.

Re: Change to BOG terms at Stan James

There could be a plus side to this..........maybe Stan James will have to offer bigger odds in their early prices. If you look on Oddschecker the biggest prices early in the day are usually the NON-BOG firms. I guess they have to add an extra point to tempt people to give up the BOG option.
Some anecdotal evidence that this might be true: In my Stan James thread in the Glory Hunters forum, I'm only picking horses where (among other conditions) Stan James are best price. Typically I have about two or three selections a day, or four or five on Saturdays. But the last couple of days I've had eight and eleven (a record).

Re: Change to BOG terms at Stan James I still have BOG with SJ. Placed a bet on Fair Along last night at 9/2 and got paid out at the SP of 6/1. I dont do much business with SJ though, they are rarely best priced with the ones I back so the account barely gets used. I guess you guys with resitrictions have staked big and or bet very frequently and got the wear out of your SJ accounts? EDIT: just re read the opening post and saw it kicks in on 1st NOV!!!!!!