Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary

Torque

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 12 Selection 14: Shanghai Masters - DJOKOVIC v gasquet Odds: 1.21 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 55.98pts Djokovic is in great form at the moment, winning the China Open last week after a good run at the US Open. He seems to enjoy this time of the year, and had a similar good spell around this time last season. He got to the semi-final of this tournament last year, so should be motivated to at least match that this time around as he has points to defend. He has a good record against Gasquet, a player who can be quite inconsistent during matches. In addition, Gasquet had to play two matches yesterday because of the weather, so fatigue could be an issue for him.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 13 Selection 15: Shanghai Masters - MURRAY v tsonga Odds: 1.38 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 30.94pts Murray seems in solid enough form so far this week, and has been serving and returning well. Now that he has qualified for the Tour Finals, he will hopefully be looking for a strong finish to the regular season. He has a good record against Tsonga, and should see this match as a winnable one. Tsonga has only recently returned to the Tour after several months out injured, and this is his first run of matches in a tournament since his comeback. As such, he may find it tough to play a third match in three days at this level.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 14 Selection 16: English Premier League - MANCHESTER UNITED v west brom Odds: 1.31 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 37.92pts Manchester United have made a steady start to the season, and are unbeaten in the league so far. They have won all three of their home games, and should be motivated to win this match in order to close the gap on Chelsea at the top of the table. The return of Ferdinand should make them stronger defensively, and up front Berbatov is in some of the best form of his career. West Brom look set to be without Odemwingie, who has been excellent for them so far this season and has provided their main goalscoring threat. Overall, Manchester United should be too strong for West Brom, and should be able to pick up three points here.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 15 Selection 17: Norwegian Tippeligaen - AALESUND v sandefjord Odds: 1.30 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 39.19pts Aalesund have had a solid season so far, and still have a chance of finishing in the top three. For this reason, they should be motivated to win this match. They face a team who are adrift at the bottom of the table, and who should be low on confidence having lost their last seven games.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 16 Selection 18: Kremlin Cup - STAKHOVSKY v russell Odds: 1.33 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 35.63pts Stakhovsky seems to enjoy this time of year, and should be motivated for a run of matches ahead of the defence of his title at the St. Petersburg Open. He beat Russell recently when they met in the Malaysian Open, so he should be confident that he can get the better of him again.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 17 Selection 19: Kremlin Cup - GOLUBEV v m. gonzalez Odds: 1.23 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 51.11pts Golubev recently got to the final of the Malaysian Open, beating some top players along the way. This suggests he enjoys indoor conditions, and he should be confident of success against an opponent who spends most of his time on clay. Gonzalez comes into this match straight from winning two Challenger titles on clay in South America, so he may be fatigued and might also struggle to adapt to a different surface.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 18 Selection 20: Kremlin Cup - TIPSAREVIC v zeballos Odds: 1.26 Betfair Bank High: 1,117.15pts Stake: 45.46pts Tipsarevic had a good run in the Kremlin Cup last year, which suggests he enjoys conditions at this tournament. He has points to defend, so should be motivated to do well this week. He faces an opponent in Zeballos who is out of form and probably lacking in confidence, having failed to get past the first round of any of the recent tournaments that he has played at this level.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary I am just about back to where I started after the result of the last selection. I think this is a good time to draw a line under this hunt. I had forgotten how frustrating tennis betting can be. Thanks to all who posted. ;)

• 3 months later...

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Have decided to start this up again - possibly gave in a little too easily last time! I'm going to change the staking slightly from before, and will now be staking ten percent of the bank high per selection. I will start with a notional bank of 100pts. First selection to follow...

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 1 Selection 1: SA Tennis Open - ANDERSON v devvarman Odds: 1.30 Betfair Bank High: 100pts Stake: 10pts Anderson has played solid tennis this week, taking care of some decent players to reach the final. He has home advantage, and takes on a player in Devvarman who he beat convincingly in last year's US Open. Anderson has improved steadily during the last couple of years, and should see this as a great opportunity to win his first ATP Tour title.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 2 Selection 2: PTT Pattaya Open - PENG SHUAI v chan yung-jan Odds: 1.19 Betfair Bank High: 102.86pts Stake: 10.29pts Peng Shuai has been in excellent form so far this year, reaching two semi-finals and performing well at the Australian Open. She should be confident of a good run in this tournament, and starts against an opponent who has not appeared in the main draw of any tournaments at this level so far this year.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 3 Selection 3: World Tennis Tournament - FERRER v nieminen Odds: 1.34 Betfair Bank High: 104.73pts Stake: 10.47pts Ferrer has had a great start to the year, winning the Heineken Open and reaching the semi-finals of the Australian Open. He began his run to the last four of the year's first Grand Slam with a win over Nieminen, and he should be confident of a repeat here. He also appears to enjoy indoor conditions, taking the title at the Valencia Open last year.

Re: Short Odds Glory Hunt Diary Day 4 Selection 4: World Tennis Tournament - SIMON v paire Odds: 1.14 Betfair Bank High: 104.73pts Stake: 10.47pts Have decided to dispense with the write-ups - not sure they really add anything. There are always lots of obvious reasons when odds are short, so from now on it will just be a case of whether I think a selection will win. Blind-betting at short odds will never work, so hopefully my 'edge' will come from being selective... hopefully I can improve on this, as my last pick was underpinned with what seemed solid reasoning :(