Odds Checker 25 September 2010
14:15Bath (1/9)Draw (25)Sale Sharks (29/10)120%
14:30Gloucester (8/13)Draw (22)London Wasps (13/19)126%
>15:00Harlequins (3/19)Draw (20)Exeter Chiefs (23/10)121%
15:00Leicester Tigers (1/16)Draw (20)Leeds Carnegie (28/5)114%
>17:15Newcastle Falcons (42/41)Draw (20)London Irish (1/10)145%
26 September 2010
15:00 Saracens (3/10)Draw (1/100)Northampton Saints (1/10)267%
No handicaps yet for the Aviva Premiership.

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September Top 14 Match Betting (Paddy Power Odds) Bourgoin v Toulon tv_canalplusfrance.giftv_setanta.gif Friday 24th September 2010, 19:45

Bourgoin 7/4 DRAW 20/1 Toulon 4/9:void(0)'>
Handicap Betting
Bourgoin (+5.0) 5/6
Handicap Draw (5.0) 22/1
Toulon (-5.0) 5/6
:void(0)'>

[url="http://javascript

:void(0)]

Saturday 25th September 2010, 13:30
Racing Metro :void(0)'>1/6
Draw :void(0)'>22/1
Biarritz :void(0)'>7/2
Brive :void(0)'>10/11
Draw :void(0)'>18/1
Toulouse :void(0)'>10/11
Clermont Auvergne :void(0)'>1/10
Draw :void(0)'>30/1
Castres :void(0)'>11/2
Agen :void(0)'>13/8
Draw :void(0)'>20/1
Stade Francais :void(0)'>4/9
Saturday 25th September 2010, 15:25
Bayonne :void(0)'>3/10
Draw :void(0)'>20/1
Perpignan :void(0)'>5/2
Saturday 25th September 2010, 19:45
Montpellier :void(0)'>1/18
Draw :void(0)'>33/1
La Rochelle :void(0)'>15/2

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September Bourgoin v Toulon Which Toulon will turn up? Not sure what is trying to be achieved down in Toulon but it doesn't involve scoring too may tries! No wonder Toulon president Mourad Boudjellal has asked Jonny to name his price, over a contract extension. He has been responsible for most of their points this season, especially away from home, 32 out of 37 scored! And for this reason I think a small bet in favour of Bourgoin +5 seems in order. Although they are propping up the table, Bourgoin have not disgraced themselves at home, at least they know how to get over the white line and they have a good kicker in Di Bernardo! I also do not see this as a high scoring affair, maybe around the 30-35 points in total.

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September

SportRugby Union
EventBourgoin - Toulon
SelectionBourgoin
Strength9/10
Date24/09/2010
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.25
ReasoningReaction expected tonight in Pierre Rajon stadium.After change of president ,Bourgoin menage to come back from a defencive bonus point at Perpignan after make a large turnover at Racing Metro 51-20...Important come back register tonight with Tian & Forest. Concerning Toulon ,stay on 2 win in a row :a large one vs Agen 41-10 and vs last year champion 28-16.Almost a unchange starting XV in Toulon team with absence of Emmanueli & Sackey. Expect a very close match tonight weather condition is clearly bad ,raining since start of the day in Bourgoin .They are in must win situation and Toulon after a physical match vs Clermont and no turnover could have a incidence .Actually last of top14 Bourgoin must come back with something in this match: Bourgoin +6.5 @ 1.81 on Pinni is clearly a value bet but odd for home win is too attractive and must be try too Bourgoin by 1-7 with maybe a no try match could happen here GL

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September lads as i said, im really stuck for time this weekend, so no big write up- going for three weekend wins in a row now, here's hoping- so, leinster and munster win by 1-12 points, best on Betpack, but willhill the most pactical for most people i think. also, treviso, toulon , Dragons also win by 1-12 points in their games. great odds on treviso at willhill Leinster, cos they have to win, and even without sexton, they should eek it out and you have to go for them on class alone, and edinburghs poor form munster, mafi back, so despite injuries theyre so much stronger than glasgow, and form wise, its a no brainer. interestingly a couple of places have the 13+ priced higher than the 1-12! Toulon- wilko on fire, bourgoin backlash anticipated but theyre captainless, and a few locks injured, or not 100%. After the game v clermont, id say toulon wont go to town here, but should have the boot of wilko to see them home. plus, theyre looking fantastic at the moment. dont like the 13+ only because they should be tired. Treviso- well, even though leinster were bad, treviso were really good! they have a couple of serious backs, and an animal in the backrow (cant remember his name right now). Cardiff resting players too, so chance of a home win at 13/5 hills, worth sticking on my acca Dragon- well, scarlets defence is awful, and my main reason is these derbys are usually tight and go to the home team, sim ple as, Dragons really need some points, and their captain is back too. Could go wither way, but at 2/1 im taking it. best of luck all, hopefully more badly needed cash made this weekend :ok

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September Bath v Sale Sharks Saturday 25th September 2010, 14:15

Handicap Betting
Bath (-14.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-14.0) :void(0)'>25/1
Sale Sharks (+14.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Gloucester v Wasps tv_espn.gif Saturday 25th September 2010, 14:30
Handicap Betting
Gloucester (+1.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (1.0) :void(0)'>20/1
Wasps (-1.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Leicester v Leeds Saturday 25th September 2010, 15:00
Handicap Betting
Leicester (-20.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-20.0) :void(0)'>30/1
Leeds (+20.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Harlequins v Exeter Chiefs Saturday 25th September 2010, 15:00
Handicap Betting
Harlequins (-13.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-13.0) :void(0)'>25/1
Exeter Chiefs (+13.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Newcastle v London Irish tv_skysports3.gif Saturday 25th September 2010, 17:15
Handicap Betting
Newcastle (+3.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (3.0) :void(0)'>20/1
London Irish (-3.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Saracens v Northampton tv_espn.gif Sunday 26th September 2010, 15:00
Handicap Betting
Saracens (-6.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-6.0) :void(0)'>22/1
Northampton (+6.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Bath v Sale I do not see Bath being 14 points better then Sale tomorrow, Sale are not glamourous but they are tough up front. Their only other away game to date was against Saracens, where up until half time they were competing and they lost 28-13, to a late Strettle try. They also have a good looking kicker in Macleod! Gloucester v Wasps This is a game between two sides who are struggling to come to terms with the laws at the breakdown. But I cannot see past Gloucester at -1, yes they have had a bad start but Wasps are not setting the world alight! The Gloucester pack got bossed by the Irish pack last week but the week before they had bossed the Leeds pack and had streaked into a big lead before nearly losing it! With this in mind they should be strong enough to deal with Wasps. As long as they can cut out the errors and win the forward battle, Gloucester should easily account for Wasps and come Sunday this -1, could look like the steal of the weekend. :hope Leicester v Leeds -20 for Leicester maybe a bit of a task for a side that has uncharacteristically leaked tries this season. They are also struggling at Fly Half, although Staunton plays he went of against Wasps last week with an injury and they fell apart! I'll give this game a miss but I slightly favour Leeds with a 20 point start. Harlequins v Exeter Damn you Bookies! at -10 I would have been selling the kids, but at -13 they have it about right. I fully expect Exeter to get a lesson tomorrow but Quins are not settled in yet and may miss Monye. I'll be there watching tomorrow and Paddy Power offer 6/1 for the points difference of 11-15, so I might have a sniff at that!

Bourgoin 3-16 Toulon Half time Bourgoin look like a side already relegated, it could be a long winter for them!
Hi Nigel, Ive been busy for a while and not had much to stake aswell:( but im looking forward to a good weekend. GL:hope if wigan and the wests come through then it could be a great weekend.

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September +6.5 Bourgoin (14th) vs Toulon (5th) -6.5 pick Toulon win Having made that pick you never quite know with Toulon, they are so consistent at being inconsistent and it doesn’t matter what who the opposition is they can lose a game.The one thing that makes me back them though is this season they have been solid in defense and all their loses have been close.the second thing is they are necessarily taking advantage of home games but have a fair few decent wins on the road. Bourgoin do have a few players coming back from injury and that can only be good for team spirit but still miss long serving captain Julien Frier. Toulon should win this but small stakes on the handicap as Toulon tend to edge games away from home. -14.5 Clermont Auvergne (9th) vs Castres (7th) +14.5 pick Clermont -14.5 Both teams have won all home games and lost all away games and if true to form then we should have another home win. The battle here really is for the bonus point. Castres would be happy to pick one just like they did last season and expect them to put a solid defensive performance to ensure a low score. -9.5 Racing-Métro 92 (1st) vs Biarritz (8th)+9.5 pick Racing Metro Racing prepare for their third successive home match. La Rochelle and Bourgoin have both been snuffed out in blow out games in recent weeks, with the Parisians amassing 94 points. Biarritz have put together three successive wins of their own, but the Heineken Cup runners-up arrive with half an eye on next weekend's Basque derby as they rest several key players. Biarritz have opted to leave captain Imanol Harinordoquy at home while continuing to rest Dimitri Yachvili by starting the influential scrum-half on the bench. This game really should be won by the home team but itr will depend on how they handle the defensive game of the opposition.the outright win seems certain to me but I think the handicap line is about right as I expect them to win by 7-9. -1.5 Brive (10th) vs Stade Toulousain (3rd) +1.5 pick Brive This is one game I was hoping the bookies would be lazy and go for the big name 4 time European champions but they have rightly made Brive slight favourites. their last two home games at the Stade Amédée Domenech they have overcome Perpignan (26-11) and Toulon (27-9), while last season they beat Stade Toulousain 27-21 in the corresponding fixture. Toulouse, for their part, arrive having lost all three of their away league games so far this campaign as they follow the traditional French malaise for poor travelling. The loss of Patricio Albacete with a shoulder problem is a further blow, and Stade also have fitness concerns over free-scoring hooker William Servat. I think Toulon has failed to win soime easy games away from home and this is not one of the easy ones.Home team should edge this game. +5.5 SU Agen (13th) vs Stade Francais (11th) -5.5 pick Stade Francais A season that started so promisingly for Stade Francais has faltered in recent weeks with successive defeats to Biarritz, Brive and Perpignan, but the manner and margin of those last two - by two points and one - should offer encouragement.Another thing is Agen have the worst defence and attack in the division and if Stade cant pick up points here then their season could be a long hard one. -7.5 Bayonne (4th) vs Perpignan (6th) +7.5 No pick Perpignan arrive on the back of a four-match unbeaten run but still looking for a keynote performance after struggling for cohesion so far this season. Injuries have undoubtedly had a hand in that, andthey are over-reliant on Jerome Porical's boot. Bayonne beat champions Clermont Auvergne in their last home game and with a desire to bounce back from last weeks defeat should make this a difficult game for Perpignan.It should be tight and Im tempted by the +7.5 handicap for perpignan but Im certain Bayonne should win this as they have been more consistent. -18.5 Montpellier (2nd) vs La Rochelle (12th) +18.5 pick Montpellier -18.5 Cant bring myself to review this as this is a certain home win.nothing is certain in sport but if you are unsure about this game, don’t bother playing the visitors.Montpellier need the bonus point to take over top spot and I think they will go over the line

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September Newcastle v London Irish Newcastle look to be a different team to last seasons outfit, this season they look like they hae solved their try scoring problem. Last year they relied too heavily on the boot of Gopperth and nearly paid for it. Alain Tait is trying to make Newcastle a tough place to visit and he has employed local talent to do this. It looks like it might pay off for him and although Rugby is all about try scoring I think todays game could be decided by the better kicker! My money will be on Gopperth and home field advantage, I like Ryan Lamb but he is a bit hit or miss with his kicking and with Armitage the potential replacement kicker, I still favour Gopperth to come out on top. Newcastle -3

Saturday, 25 September 2010
Bath Rugby31 - 16Sale Sharks :wall 1point!
Gloucester Rugby22 - 20London Wasps :nanaONLY JUST!
Harlequins40 - 13Exeter Chiefs :nana
Leicester Tigers68 - 6Leeds Carnegie
Newcastle Falcons12 - 46London Irish:wall
A mixed bag of results but at this early stage the league is already taking shape! Bath-Looking like a top four side, will be dangerous at home against everyone and then away from home expect them to beat the bottom four clubs. Exeter-A big aggressive side who competed with Harlequins yesterday up until half time and then got blown away. They will struggle against the top sides away from home but at home they will match everyone and they look like survivors! Gloucester-A poor side with a good squad, confidence seems to be the key here and they will be lucky if they make the top six. At home they may struggle against the top four sides and away they will struggle against everyone! Harlequins-I watched them play some exciting Rugby yesterday, they still lack a bit off aggression & control up front, but when they are in full flow they are a match for anyone! I expect a top six finish maybe even top four. Leeds-Not the same side as last season, they have lost their defense and they have tried to bring attack in at a cost to their defense. They have to beat the other four bottom clubs at home and try and pick up points away against those sides, but its not looking good! Leicester-Top four finish(No surprises there!) they will be a much better side when Flood returns and they just have to weather the storm until then, although the crushing of Leeds sent out a warning yesterday they still have to tighten up away from home. London Irish-Awesome against Newcastle, they unearthed new talent again in the backs and they are certainly bound for a top four finish! Newcastle-A lot more work to be done here, very naive in defence yesterday and they are in the relegation dogfight already. Friday nights at home are their best chance of survival ( no one wants to go there on a Friday!). Northampton-Quality side at the moment and looking potential champions! Sale-Big,bruising and no nonsense side who will compete with all. They will be strong at home but they may struggle on their travels and this is what will let them down potentially. Battling for that Heineken cup place is the best for Sale I fear. Saracens-Looking a little shaky in the front three (but this is being a little picky!) but exciting going forward, top four side and they should win their home games and deal with the leseer sides away from home. Wasps-Play with a lot of pride & passion but in defence they seem shaky, which is unusual for a Shaun Edwards side! Also their set piece in vunerable, but they score tries which is what this game is about. I cannot see them making the top 4 but they will be fighting for that Heineken cup place come the end of the season.

Sat - 25th Sep 10
TimeHome teamScore
14:30 Top 14 Clermont Auvergne 24-6 Castres
14:30 Top 14 Agen 12-27 Stade Francais
14:30 Top 14 Racing Metro Paris 17-12 Biarritz
14:30 Top 14 Brive 16-16 Toulouse
16:25 Top 14 Bayonne 25-26 Perpignan
20:45 Top 14 Montpellier 26-6 La Rochelle

Re: Rugby Union 24th-26th September Hi Nigel, do you mind putting up the Rugby Union and Rugby league threads, Nice goings in the Magners and Aviva Prem and there are some great odds on the currie cup tomorrow. Have all previews ready, want to hear what most guys think. got previews for ITM,Magners, Aviva,Top 14 and Currie Cup,NRL & Super League Final cheers!