Roosters logo-roosters.gif Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney 06:30pm
Panthers
$1.55 $2.45
Raiders logo-raiders.gif CUA Stadium, Sydney 08:30pm
Sunday , September 12
Dragons
$1.14 $5.50
Sea Eagles logo-seaeagles.gif WIN Jubilee Oval, Sydney 04:00pm

Re: NRL Finals Week One -4.5 Wests Tigers v Roosters +4.5 pick Tigers win include handicap

okay lets first pick the better team, which I believe on the balance of the season is the Tigers.Now that’s out of the way lets look at whats at stake, if the roosters lose they are out if the raiders or warriors win, but if the tigers lose they get a second bite of the cherry.(Damn I hate these playoff formats)

The Roosters did the double over the Tigers and will make history if it was to happen for the 3rd time in a season.

Lets look at the positives for the Tigers (1) The Tigers average more points at the SFS, 21.9, than their other home venues.) however the roosters lead 5-3 at the same venue. (2) Discipline could hurt the Roosters – they have conceded 145 penalties in defence, the most by any side such that even if the tigers decide to play it safe they can still put points on the board. (3) The roosters have looked flat recently just edging out the Cowboiys which doesn’t suggest they couypld easily score points even though Shaun Kenny is in lethal form.

Im all for the tigers but Im worried about motivation factor however Benji Marshall showed enough emotion last week after they lost to the Titans.

It will be high scoring so if you go for the outright you may aswell go for the handicap

-14.5 Dragons v Sea Eagles +14.5 pick dragons outright

First of all no buts or ifs, the dragons should win comfortably however the heart breaks of the last few years mean if the gulls turn up they can make it a nervy match. The suspension of Manly centre Steve Matai and prop Jason King is a huge factor as it makes the Dragons overwhelming favorites coupled by the Eagles poor form recently, however the Dragons are a defensive and confidence team and if the eagles were to rack up a few early points it would make their task of surpassing the -14.5 handicap line that much harder as they retreat to their shell.

The outright is certain but take more time debating the handicap line.

-4.5Titans v Warriors+4.5 pick Titans outright I try to avoid games with the Warriors especially when they play away from home as they more often than not pull a rabbit out of a hat. However they are playing the Titans at home, its just too much to resist. I’m all over the outright however lets look at the handicap line. I always prefer to bet on the better team doesn’t matter the conditions as long as Im convinced they will go all out then I pick and wait.I wont bring home form into play here but the truth of the matter is the Titans have played the big matches wekll in the last few rounds there is no reason to be fearful. Motivation wont be a factor. While the McIntyre System generally protects these two sides from elimination, there are certainly no guarantees. If two of the three lower teams manage to jag a win over the weekend, then the loser of this match is history – just like that – it’s all over.

The home side with a fit Scott Prince should edge this but it could be close with the -4.5 handicap surpasable if the Titans can tighten up their defense

-4.5 Panthers v Raiders-4.5 pick Raiders okay first things first the Pathers are the better team on the balance of the season and they deserve to be favourites however all my picks at the top suggest home wins of which if I have to follow my thumb rule the shock has to come in this match. Like the Warriors I hate betting on games with the raiders and they come into this one having won eight of their past nine matches, one of which was against the Panthers.

The panthers are also a nervy team and Panthers coach Matthew Elliott plays his old team which is an advantage for him tactic wise but that only boosts the moptivation of his opposite number.

For me motivation plus better team is the way I always go and home advantage for me this season doesn’t count especially with the Warriors or raiders are involved. This smells like an upset but the stench is so much it actually almost represents a confidence pick. the only problem is the Raiders run has to end at some point but I don’t believe it will be in week 1.

The Handicap is generous but if you like money like me I would also go for the outright:hope

Re: NRL Finals Week One Still reflecting on three of the four matches, as a case could be made for any of the six teams involved. Clearly, St G have to be expected to beat a ravaged Manly - if not, there should be a stewards' enquiry! Am also leaning towards Canberra but will wait to see if Luke Lewis plays - he will be a massive out and, on top of inspirational Petero C, would probably be enough to enable me to take the Raiders with confidence. Frankly, the remaining two matches are too hard to pick - even the bookies can't separate the Tigers & the Roosters. What strikes me as an interesting bet though is Ben Creagh to score a try at any time for the Dragons (2.75 Sportsbet), given his recent hot form and the fact he will again most likely play out wide running off Soward, Hornby, Boyd et al. For that matter, Boyd and Soward are also worth a look at 2.50 each. Four cracking matches. GL all.

Re: NRL Finals Week One Gold Coast -6.5 @ 2.25 sportingbet Not much separates these two sides as they have both got good forward packs and some good playmakers in the halves. while this should be a close game in the first half, the Titans have shown that they play much better in second half and can see them scoring some points then. Also like the Titans on the basis that they have momemtum coming into this game, having won 6 of their last 7 games, and they are hard to beat at home. They have won both of their games against Warriors by 8 and 6 points this season, and have won all 3 games against them at home.

Re: NRL Finals Week One

Gold Coast -6.5 @ 2.25 sportingbet Not much separates these two sides as they have both got good forward packs and some good playmakers in the halves. while this should be a close game in the first half, the Titans have shown that they play much better in second half and can see them scoring some points then. Also like the Titans on the basis that they have momemtum coming into this game, having won 6 of their last 7 games, and they are hard to beat at home. They have won both of their games against Warriors by 8 and 6 points this season, and have won all 3 games against them at home.
I see you are always ready to go for the handicap Crow.Im not sure about this handicap line, as much as I believe Titans should win the warriors are such a quality side they could keep The titans backline busy enough to ensure no blow out. GL:hope I only wagered the outright

Re: NRL Finals Week One I'm not sold on the Gold Coast tonight, I know i may be a bit once eyed when it comes the warriors but they seem to be coming into some good form and have plenty of match winners. Instead I've taken Manu Vatuvei as first try scorer @ 9.4. Think The Beast will see me right.

I see you are always ready to go for the handicap Crow.Im not sure about this handicap line' date= as much as I believe Titans should win the warriors are such a quality side they could keep The titans backline busy enough to ensure no blow out. GL:hope I only wagered the outright
Gold Coast -6.5 @ 2.25 :D Usually like playing the handicap, since there is more value getting something like even money for the pick. Not a fan of betting on, getting odds much less than that.

Gold Coast -6.5 @ 2.25 :D Usually like playing the handicap, since there is more value getting something like even money for the pick. Not a fan of betting on, getting odds much less than that.
great start to the weekend Crow, Im like you I prefer handicaps but been burnt a lot in the last month so played it safe since it was a playoff. I was almost put of by a few of my mates whjo felt warriors and roosters were favourites. Im still sticking with the Wests tomorrow even though I acknowledge it will be a tight game.For those who dont know the game will be played in Sydney but analysts predict they will be a lot of Tigers fans. I just prefer to play the better team, no point play the inferior team just because you have a hunch that there could be a shock. Hope for a great weekend.cheers

Re: NRL Finals Week One Wests - Sydney Roosters over 42.5 @ 1.90 Tab Can see this game go either way as both teams have some talented attacking players who are not afraid to throw the ball around. Likely to see both Marshall for Wests and Carney for the Roosters having big games here, and with the ball moving through the hands, expect the forwards to tire and leave spaces for the little men to go through. Penrith - Canberra over 44.5 @ 1.95 Tab Another game that is hard to predict the winner as both sides are loaded with talent. For Penrith they will look to get their big forward hitting the line and up against the little blokes out wide to create holes for the likes of Jennings while Canberra will look to Campese to weave and pass through the Penrith line. Both sides will come into this game with confidence and have the ability to score quickly, and can see some points here, given that they have both combined to score at least 50 points in both games played this year

Re: NRL Finals Week One St George -19.5 @ 2.07 centrebet Manly are hurting as they face this game without a number of players. Matai, Stewart, King and Rodney are all out for this game while Lyon, Watmough, Ballin, Kite and Farrar are all carrying injuries to this game. Conversely the Dragons have several players returning who were rested from last weeks game, and like them to be their clinical self, and beat Manly quite easily. They have the chokers tag wrapped around them, but expect this to give them the incentive to go out and there and comprehensively beat Manly to send a message to the other teams that this is their year

Re: NRL Finals Week One Me poor Warriors are now gone for the season :@ On todays game my thoughts are that it is finals footy so I cant help but expect a close one. the bet for me is B Morris to score the first try at $6.00. If the dragons are to go on a try fest Morris is a prolific first try scorer.