York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August

York

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
1:45 PM totes port.com Handicap 1m 4f 18 (0)
2:15 PM Weatherbys Insurance Lonsdale Cup (Group 2) 2m 88yds 10 (1)
2:50 PM Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Gimcrack Stakes (Group 2) 6f 12 (0)
3:25 PM to te sport Ebor (Heritage Handicap) 1m 6f 20 (2)
4:05 PM Julia Graves Roses Stakes (Listed) 5f 13 (0)
4:40 PM E.B.F. totepool Fillies' Handicap 1m 8 (0)

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 3.25 YORK SLAUTE HIM 20/1 SJ A win bet on this Irish raider the outsider of the three Irish trained runners in the race who despite being on high mark has some good form in the UK, Ireland and emirates this year so has a shout here i think. PROSPECT WELLS 28/1 SJ E/W Probably such a big price as distance is unknown. Won a group race on first run for new trainer lto and could well take this for shrewd Trainer and owner if seeing out the trip. DESERT SEA 28/1 SJ E/W Ran really well on only two runs in big handicaps this year and no reason why he wont be close at the death here. This listed winner looks a real threat in this imo.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1.45 York: Sohcahtoa 0.5pts e/w @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG Has been tried over a variety of trips and best recent run appearred to come over 10f at Newmarket in May. Form of that race worked out quite well however this horse has disappointed since. Ran well enough LTO over 2m and I think the step back down to 12f could be a good move especially as now back down to lowest handicap mark since 2yo win on handicap debut. Big price at 25/1 IMO and no surprise to see the horse go close.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1.45 Two catch my eye here. SOHCAHTOA SJ 25/1 E/W Proving hard to win with since its 2yo day's but the fact that trainer is persevering with the horse is a tip in its self. Has been tried over various trips ran reasonable over two miles this may suit better. Top trainer and jock who shouldn't be taken lightly. Wouldn't take any shorter than 25's though! DAZZLING LIGHT 28/1 PP E/W I'm finding it very hard to catch trainer Jim Goldies winners this year. His horse are always a threat in these good handicaps and this one is only a lb higher than last win. The Easterby horse Crackentrop should also go well but i'll stick with the first two.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1.45 York 2 of my notebook horses run in this race today and both are top of the prices and look hard to oppose right now, Cilly Filly scored really quite impressively last time out and is clearly a filly improving rapidly like many do for this stable, up 9lb in total for that but did win with plenty in hand, hard to assess that form as may supposed smart horses were disappointing in that race but with ground to suit should go well nonethless! The other interesting one is the current fav Satwa Moon who i notebooked as a handicap blot on the AW but failed to captilise but has shaped much better on last 2 starts up 2lb for latest 3rd and got going far too late on that day and the step back up in trip looks a positive move and should appreciate the cut in the ground. 0.5pt win chilly filly 7/1 sj 0.5pt win satwa moon 13/2 bet365 3.25 York I am a massive fan of Overturn he is a real game performer overcoming a massive well known draw bias in the Northumberland plate under a smart ride from Ahern who gets the leg up again today, up 6lb but clearly still improving with yet another victory over hurdles couple weeks ago at Galway winning the Galway Hurdle. Clearly gonna be a massive danger if allowed such an easy lead as he was in the Northumberland for me he would usually be a E/W bet at the price but I feel he will either win easy or blow up and drop out tamely therefore is win only (could regret that lol!). 1pt win overturn 7/1 lads

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1:45 York: Life And Soul 2pts win 15/2 Betfred & Satwa Moon 1pt win 13/2 Bet365 Life And Soul probably put up his best performance of the season last time out when finishing second behind Mister Angry at Ascot. Other runs look solid too, his two length second the time before behind Verdant when not getting a clear run adds weight to his case. With a little more good fortune he could go well here. Jim Crowley prefers Satwa Moon however Philip Robinson has a fine record when riding three year olds for Amanda Perrett, who has been knocking in the winners over the last fortnight. Satwa Moon looks a danger. He was given a lot to do at Goodwood last time out. Lightly raced there is every chance he can improve again. * 3:25 York: The Betchworth Kid 2pts win 1pt place 25/1 Victor Chandler Earlier today caught two weather forecasts on TV in about 5 minutes, which brought home that it could well be soft at York next week. Setting the criteria for a horse that can stay the trip, handles the likely going, and is either unexposed or proven in these big field handicaps; and The Betchworth Kid looks to have a decent chance at rewarding odds. He ran well in this race last year when with Michael Bell and has switched to Alan King, who went close himself. The Betchworth Kid had a pipe opener at Goodwood and it looks as though he has been trained with this race in mind. He will need some luck in running, which he did not get last year. * posted this on Saturday .....so much for the weather forecast !! Could still run well, however some rain would have helped his cause.....

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 3:25 York: Rosika 1pt e/w Betfred (5 places) Rosika has been plying her trade in Group and Listed class of late and this represents a drop in class. Her last run on turf in a handicap was at Goodwood in October last year where she won well off 86 pulling away impressively at the finish. With such a powerful jockey & trainer combination she looks a little overpriced for a filly that is fairly unexposed over this sort of trip.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1:45 York - Yorgunnabelucky - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (PaddyPower) Very progressive 4 year old who has won his last two races when dictating from the front, won very easily last time out after being given a wonderful ride by Hailey Turner who is up again, she rarely ever rides for Johnston having only rode 4 times for him which included 2 winners. The step up to 12f has really helped this well bred son of Giant's Causeway and I expect him to go well again today despite a 7lb penalty, he's extremely well bred and a full brother to the top class Shamardal, there should be more to come from this colt and he looks a good price at 9/1. Should be there or thereabouts come the end and if getting an easy lead he'll be hard caught, I can see two possible dangers to the lead but at these odds he's worth a small each way bet.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 2:50 York - Approve - 1pt @ 10/1 (PaddyPower) I can't understand how he's 10/1 in this race, looked like a classy 2 year old when winning a Group 2 at Ascot, failed in similar contests since but not beaten far and has enough ability to topple these. The only thing is the ground mightn't be ideal for him but at these odds he's worth a small go. Should get a race run to suit and the track should suit his style, Eddie Ahern is back on board and he's a very good jockey, in grand form over the last month and has a 21% strike rate for Haggas, who is in flying form of late and his horses usually go well around here. Small win bet for me at nice odds. Last one. 3:35 York - Dirar - 2pts e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365) Really fancy this one to place at least, the ground will be ideal, he'll stay no bother and looks on a mark that he can win off again. Only carries 9st 1lb which will also help, Jamie Spencer is on board for the Gordon Elliot trained gelding. Spencer has been in great form of late with 11 wins from his last 30 rides. He's an ideal rider for this horse and if he can get him settled out the back and switch him on at the right time I think he'll be staying on as well as any of the rest and after a great showing at the Galway Hurdle he should be fit and ready to win this. Looks a great price at 14/1 and should go well and hopefully place at least, decent sized e/w bet for me and my Nap of the day.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August

Think I will wait and post selection up tomorrow in case of any overnight change in the weather. Does anybody know why Hanagan isn't riding tomorrow?
He got a one day ban on 7th August at Newcastle..

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1.45 Dazzling Light ew 28/1 Paddy Power Aphrodesia ew 20/1 Paddy Power Dazzling Light - Last win came at Chester back in May and is only 1lb higher than that mark today. Aphrodesia - More sucessful at distances shorter than todays trip. But goes off a decent mark here and has been placed in 4 out of 7 starts at 1M 4F or further. 3.25 Elyaadi win 11/1 Stan James Bernie The Bolt ew 14/1 stan James Rosika ew 20/1 Stan James Elyaadi - Irish raider that caught my eye when finishing 2nd to junior in the Ascot stakes. The form of that race seems to be working out well with Ghimaar finishing in front of Junior in the Goodwood stakes. Only 2lb higher than the Ascot run so looks well treated here. Bernie The Bolt - Bounced back to foem with win in stayers handicap at Ascot on Saturday. Drops back in trip today but has winning at this distance. Rosika - Ran decently over this trip last time out at Goodwood finishing 4th 6 1/2 lengths behind Eastern Aria. should improve for that run and the Fallon booking is a bonus.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1.45 Tepmokea EW 12/1 Bet 365 Been n good form this year, which has so far been best LTO when winning a class 2 at Doncaster beating some useful sorts. Up for that but there was a lot to like about the speed he stayed on at. Only ran once over this trip here last year and finished second but clearly in good heart at the moment and looks the stand out price

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 2.15 Opinion Poll WIN 7/2 Various Already won twice in listed company this year has been in fine form. Beaten by King of Wands last time out by 1 and a half lengths but will definately appreciate the slight cut in the ground and with more showers forecast this will only help his chances. A tough field with Illustrious Blue and Electrolyser also having claims but the going will be the key here 2.50 Temple Meads WIN 3/1 Bet 365 This one looks a classy colt and he confirmed his promise shown in a maiden when winning nicely in the Super Sprint at Newbury by a length. Some good 2yr olds in the race but Temple Meads can improve further and to me this looks a cracking price.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August posted by TheRat 2.50 Temple Meads WIN 3/1 Bet 365 This one looks a classy colt and he confirmed his promise shown in a maiden when winning nicely in the Super Sprint at Newbury by a length. Some good 2yr olds in the race but Temple Meads can improve further and to me this looks a cracking price. I,m with you on this one mate and have to say if he was trianed by one of the big guys he,d only be about 6/4 so 3/1 is a cracking price :hope:hope:hope

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1:45 Chilly Filly @ 15/2 sportingbet Really like this horse, progressing nicely since stepped up to 12 furlongs last year and looked even better last time over 14 furlongs where she was worth more than the winning margin, up 9 pounds for that and drop back to 12 furlongs a slight worry but has been really consistent and should have more improvement.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 13:45 York Nice handicap to start day two of the festival off. 16 line up but I wouldn't be surprised if one was to drop out yet to put the places down to 3 rather than 4. I'm going to side with the least exposed runner in the race and that is Godolphin's Anhar who has only had the 5 runs to date. Was only raced twice as a 2 year old where he broke his maiden tag at the first time of asking at Nottingham over the mile trip. Was stepped up to 10 furlongs on his 2nd race and was only beat a short head in a conditions stakes race. Was tried in a listed race on his reappearance at Newmarket over 10 furlongs but disappointed that day and finished 5/5, was outpaced before staying on again which suggested that he would be better over further. He was then stepped up to today's trip of 12 furlongs where he was awkward at the start before travelling really well and going on to win the race in easy enough fashion by 1 and a half lengths. Raised 4lbs for that win before disappointing at Goodwood LTO, was again slowly away but was stepped up to 14 furlongs which may not have entirely suited. Was tried in a visor for the first time LTO which may have been another reason for his poor run, the visor is back off today and he is dropped back to 12 furlongs which is sure to suit. He's definately capable of a win off this mark of 100 and I'm confident he can produce a good run today. 1pt E/W Anhar @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 2:50 Trade Storm @ 50/1 E-W bet365 Worth a few quid each way at big odds, has improved with each run so far needs to improve alot more but may well do so has been given a break of 69 days and has another entry in a group 3 at sandown on saturday just thought it was interesting.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1:45 York Life and Soul 1pt EW - 6/1 (Boylesports) Anhar 0.5pts EW - 11/1 (William Hill) Think these two are decent prices today. Life And Soul is lightly raced and has showed plently of promise so far this season, only disappointing when not being able to get a clear run, ruining his chances all together. Has run consistently well in other handicaps and looks sure to keep improving on his current mark, which might be a lenient 88. Conditions should be no problem and he'll have a good pace to come from. Trainer and jockey are both in cracking form too so he should be spot on. Also like Anhar in this race. Probably didn't stay lto, was never able to get on terms. Back down to suitable trip today and again the trainer is in great form. Horse has a lovely pedigree so we can expect further improvement, and may be on a lenient mark here.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 1.45 York: Sohcahtoa 0.5pts e/w @ 28/1 Bet365 BOG Has been tried over a variety of trips and best recent run appearred to come over 10f at Newmarket in May. Form of that race worked out quite well however this horse has disappointed since. Ran well enough LTO over 2m and I think the step back down to 12f could be a good move especially as now back down to lowest handicap mark since 2yo win on handicap debut. Big price at 25/1 IMO and no surprise to see the horse go close.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 3.25 - Martyr - 7/1 Hills - 2pts win Plenty going for this horse and conditions likely to suit today. Step up in trip suited LTO and won easing down. Beat some good horses that day with those that have run since giving a good showing. Plenty of likely horses in what promises to be a very good race

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August I forced myself into some fun bets for interest and drew a blank. Never a good idea. Two today that i want5 to bet are opinion poll and overturn. Opinion poll may need it softer but is due a big run and overturn had a tough race recently, so 2x medium sized singles and a small double.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 2:15 York Samuel 1pt EW - 7/1 (William Hill) Akmal 0.5pt EW - 8/1 (William Hill) Samuel is an interesting horse. Looked like a good stayer in the making before problems obviously occured and had a 2 year absence from the track. Returned last month to run a cracker in fourth behind King of Wands, Illustrious Blue and Opinion Poll, who are all in opposition today. He was only 3 lengths off that day, on his first run back for two years. Travelled really well but didn't quite get home, which might have been expected. Having that run under his belt should have helped, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him right up there today. Trainer is in cracking form too. Akmal didn't have it all his own way in the Ascot Gold Cup, and ended up being barged out of it by the eventual winner. Before that, he ran a cracking race from the front to see off some good stayers including Illustrious Blue. Might not be the most consistent but if he can dictate the race today he'll have a great chance.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 2.15 King of Wands 4/1 Bet365 Main bet of day for me, beat a couple of todays market principals really nicely in listed race at Sandown over 2m, so we know it gets the trip, still think there's more improvement to come as well. Gosden/Buick on fire at the moment too.

2.15 King of Wands 4/1 Bet365 Main bet of day for me, beat a couple of todays market principals really nicely in listed race at Sandown over 2m, so we know it gets the trip, still think there's more improvement to come as well. Gosden/Buick on fire at the moment too.
This is looking a good bet now with the rain staying away, I am going to have a small saver

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 2:50 York Casual Glimpse 2pt win - 4/1 (VC) Won well last time out going away, beating some useful prospects in the process. We've all seen how good Hannon's 2yos have been this year and this price looks slightly generous for another consistent 2yo, who has already won similar contests nicely. Didn't run particularly well at Epsom, but I always forgive a horse that doesn't run well there. A few of these in the line-up are becoming exposed, but I still think this one is on the up.

Re: York (Ebor Festival - Day 2) - Wednesday 18th August 14:15 York Kings Of Wands should have a good chance of landing this group race for John Gosden. Joined this yard over the winter and has won 2 from 3 races so far. Stepped up to this trip for the first time LTO and went on to win by just under a length. Still unexposed at this trip and its one he clearly acts over as he stayed on really strongly to win the listed event at Sandown. Gosden has had his string in decent enough form all season and William Buick has also been having a good season. Ground conditions won't be a problem and I fully expect this horse to be up there battling out the finish. 1pt win King Of Wands @ 4/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

2:50 York - Approve - 1pt @ 10/1 (PaddyPower) I can't understand how he's 10/1 in this race, looked like a classy 2 year old when winning a Group 2 at Ascot, failed in similar contests since but not beaten far and has enough ability to topple these. The only thing is the ground mightn't be ideal for him but at these odds he's worth a small go. Should get a race run to suit and the track should suit his style, Eddie Ahern is back on board and he's a very good jockey, in grand form over the last month and has a 21% strike rate for Haggas, who is in flying form of late and his horses usually go well around here. Small win bet for me at nice odds.
First winner in ages, class horse. Wonderful!