** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

BOG-trotting with Stan James

slapdash

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BOG-trotting with Stan James Thanks. One winner yesterday. Bank now £20 (+ £29.20 free bets). Winning free bets don't return the stake, but I think I have the choice for each bet of whether to use the free bet money or the returns from previous bets, so while I have that choice I'll only use the free bets for relatively high-priced horses (7/2 and above). f_tcm_0774293.jpg

Re: BOG-trotting with Stan James f_tcm_1f95512.jpg 6.20 Bath, 2.20 Yarm. Stan James doesn't tell you what your maximum stake is until you've asked for a stake that's too high. In retrospect, asking for the whole £20 in my account on Darej was probably not the best of ideas ... I wasn't expecting it to be accepted.

Re: BOG-trotting with Stan James

Stan James doesn't tell you what your maximum stake is until you've asked for a stake that's too high. In retrospect, asking for the whole £20 in my account on Darej was probably not the best of ideas ... I wasn't expecting it to be accepted.
I got lucky, and it won anyway. But in future, I think I'll limit my stakes to 10% of the day's starting bank (including free bet balance), rounded up to the nearest pound, or £5 if that's higher.

Re: BOG-trotting with Stan James

I got lucky' date=' and it won anyway. But in future, I think I'll limit my stakes to 10% of the day's starting bank (including free bet balance), rounded up to the nearest pound, or £5 if that's higher.[/quote'] I've been forgetting about the £5 minimum, so I've been staking lower than I said I would for the last few days (just as well, since they've all been losing). I'll try to remember from now on ... f_tcm_a1372fe.jpg

Re: BOG-trotting with Stan James :$:$:$ Sorry ... I forgot to post a winning selection yesterday. I backed the same horse at the same price in my Bet365 thread (I'm not sure if that's a good enough excuse for after-eventing), and completely forgot I'd also backed it with SJ! I only remembered just now when I logged on to SJ and noticed that my balance had gone up. The bank is now £48.05 (+£0.20). f_tcm_0f34f68.jpg