Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series

Pakistan host Australia in a test and twenty20 series which begins tomorrow. It's being held in England and all the action is live on Sky. 2 twenty20's and 2 tests so I think we'll have them all in one thread although I like to keep them seperate usually, I think this series will be better all in one thread. Schedule:

Mon Jul 5 16:00 GMT | 17:00 local 17:00 BST 1st T20I - Edgbaston, Birmingham 30.png 10 - 20° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Partly Cloudy Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Tue Jul 6 16:00 GMT | 17:00 local 17:00 BST 2nd T20I - Edgbaston, Birmingham 30.png 12 - 22° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Partly Cloudy Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Tue Jul 13 - Sat Jul 17 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST 1st Test - Lord's, London
N/A
Wed Jul 21 - Sun Jul 25 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST 2nd Test - Headingley, Leeds
N/A

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series 3 points Australia to win 2-0 @ 2.62 bet365 Althought Australia went down 3-0 in the series with England they came back strongly winning the last 2 games both convincingly. Pakistan have always had problems with personnel with some getting fines, bans etc. Although Pakistan do have some decent players like Umar Akmal and Shahid Afridi i dont think they'll be enough for the Aussies and can see them winning both games.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Undecided on this match, Pakistan will be out for revenge for sure after the knock from Michael Hussey blew them away in the T20 semi's. I think this match is closer than the odds suggest, Pakistan can be backed at around 13/8, tempting imo.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series 3 for me in the opener. 4pts Australia Highest 1st 6 Overs 8/11 Blue Square This isn't usually a market I get involved in but I'm happy to here. When these two met in the twenty20 world cup, Australia led in both matches after 6 overs and that's no surprise. Australia kick off in twenty20 with Shane Watson and David Warner and there's nothing those two like more than belting the ball a long way. Pakistan will open with Salman Butt and one other. That's possibly going to be Hasan but it could be Kamran Akmal. Either way, Butt is more a bat around person than a walloper. The other reason I like this bet is Australia will open the bowling with Dirk Nannes and Shaun Tait. As we've just seen in the ODI series with England, Tait is bowling brilliantly at the minute. Pakistan will open with Mohammad Aamir and either Shoaib Akthar or Abdul Razzaq. Neither have the quality or intimidation that Tait has. Australia have the better options opening up with bat and ball and so I'm happy to believe they'll be ahead through 6 overs. 5pts Over 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill As we've seen in the county matches here, the boundaries are in a bit due to the building work. It's never been the longest boundary to the old pavilion at Edgbaston anyway but now a couple of other boundaries are also in to accomodate the building works. In the two matches these two played out in the Caribbean, they produced 16 and 22 6's which shows us they have the potential to clobber balls over the ropes. Dave Warner, arguably the biggest hitter on show here only hit 1 of those 6's which is another positive. On show here we've got Warner, Watson, both Hussey's, White and Smith as well as the Akmal's, Shoaib Malik, Afridi and Razzaq so there's plenty of hitters on show to cover short boundaries off a good wicket. Overs for me here. 1pt ew S.Afridi Top Pakistan Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Shahid Afridi warmed up for this series by smashing 42 off 14 balls at Northampton on Saturday. Anyone who has been to Wantage Road knows that's not easy to do unless some shitheap defending 13 off 1 ball pitches up and gives you a stomach high full toss to do what you please with :lol. Afridi's obviously in good nick and the boundaries here won't be close to being big enough to containing Boom Boom. Afridi placed in the 1st match between these two in the world twenty20 and he looks set to bat at number 4 here. Tait can quite easily see off the openers to get Afridi in with not much to be chased down. Most of this Pakistan batting lineup look in good form but none of them will score quicker than Afridi so at 6/1 I'll take the Pakistan captain to top score here for his side.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Good game but not the betting results I was hoping for. Australia won the 6 overs bet comfortably but fell 2 6's short, although how with the size of those boundaries is baffling. 2nd game is tomorrow. Not all bookies have priced up yet so I'll see where we stand with markets tomorrow before betting. -4.08pts on the night going into tomorrow but I'm confident I can claw that back.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series It looked to me like the aussies didn't take yesterdays game too seiously and i think losing by 23 runs will spark them into life today. I'm going with 2 bets on todays match: 4 pts Tait performance points over 30 @ 5/6 Bet365 He's bowling really well and i'm banking on him picking up another couple of wickets again today. 1pt Butt/Hasan neither to score 10 runs @ 6/1 Bet365 I think nannes and tait have the capability of knocking over a few wickets early and therefore have taken neither opener to reach 10 runs. Good luck all :)

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series They will be using the same strip mate. Good luck with those. 2 for me tonight. 3pts Pakistan to win 2nd twenty20 11/8 William Hill Pakistan were brilliant last night and while we can't always guarantee which Pakistan will turn up I just can't see how Australia can turn this around. Pakistan's death bowling was fantastic and unless Australia can limit Pakistan's runs I can't see how they are going to score a big total with Aamir, Ajmal and Gul as tight as a ducks arse at the end of the innings. Restricting Pakistan isn't going to be easy either because big players in Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt, Shahzaib Hasan and Shahid Afridi all pretty much failed yesterday. Pakistan's spinner could well go even better today on a worn wicket. I would expect Pakistan to drop Shoaib Akthar which would make Australia's run scoring even tougher. If Watson falls early again with Clarke out of touch in this format it could be a long afternoon. We saw yesterday that this is like a home match for Afridi's men and like yesterday I think they'll win again today. 4pts Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Pretty much the same as last night for this bet. Everything still applies. Shahzaid, Watson and Afridi lasted all of 4 balls between them last night which didn't help this bet but the ropes are short enough and the pitch is good. With a bit more luck of the hitters spending some time at the crease and someone like Warner going back to his normal self we should see the required 10 6's here.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series One bet i fancy for the 1st Test tomorrow. Tim Paine 84 or over player performance points 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Debut start for him tomorrow and i fancy him to go way over this. Aussies played Derbyshire in a warm up and Paine got 52 and 2 catches in the draw with only 1 innings each played. With this Test at Lords he has warmed up nicely with 54 in the ODI aginst England and other mid 40's scores to go along with it. Also being a wicketkeeper he'll be in the mix with catches/stumpings and should get the points. :ok

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Should be a good test series this. Hoping to get down to Lords for a day or two of this opening test. I'm going with one outright. 2pts S.Butt Top Pakistan Series Batsman 4/1 Ladbrokes Salman Butt is quite a big price here. It's not very often we get prices like this on opening batsmen so I'm happy to take it. Ladbrokes have Umar Akmal as their favourite and while I'm a massive fan of him I think he's a touch short at 7/2 given that he'll be batting at number 5. I still think he plays too many shots too which can be his downfall as I experienced when I backed him when Pakistan played Australia down under in the winter. Salman Butt looked in pretty good form in the twenty20's and has some decent scores under his belt in the warm up matches either side of the twenty20's. He was the top scoring Pakistan batsman in the series over the winter and I'm sure he'll go well here. There's a couple of youngsters in the Pakistan lineup that I'm looking forward to seeing but for me, Butt is the real established test match batsman in this lineup and at 4/1 I'll take him to top score for the hosts over the series.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series 3 for me to open up with. 3pts M.Aamer's Performance Pts - 101&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I'm a huge fan of this 18 year old and think he could well be the bowling star of the next 10 years. I think he'll go well here. Firstly because there's a bit of cloud cover forecast which always means swing at HQ and secondly because the Lords slope will help him significantly. Aamer showed in the twenty20's that he's a handful to face and with Australia having a few left handers in their lineup in this form of the game he'll be very tough for them to face with his ability to move the ball both ways. I expect him to pick up 5 wickets over the course of the match but if he doesn't he showed in that 2nd twenty20 that he's more than capable of holding the bat. So much so that we may only need 3 wickets from him and polishing off 41 runs is perfectly achievable. I think he'll take wickets though and if he needs to cover the rest of the total with the bat I'm happy that can happen so it's the overs for me here. 3pts K.Akmal to beat T.Paine (1st Inns Only) 5/6 Stan James I have to say I quite like this match up. Tim Paine for me has looked a bit subdued on this tour so far. It may just be that he's not a one day cricketer but whatever it is he's looked like he's struggling a bit with the willow. Kamran Akmal for me is a top 6 batsman in this side. He's a very capable batsman who is capable of boosting any total. Depending on where Smith bats Paine could be as low as 8 while Akmal will bat at 7. Akmal is at home in test cricket and I'm happy that he can beat the Tasmanian wicket keeper 1st time round in this one. 1pt ew M.Hussey Top Australia Batsman (1st Inns Only) 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Mr Cricket played a superb match winning innings on this ground to win Australia the 5th ODI against England 10 days ago and I think he's a decent price to top score in a batting lineup which has looked a lot stronger in recent years. Not only did Hussey thump England all around Lords last Saturday but he also looked in good nick in the twenty20's against this attack. He then went to Derby and filled his boots in the warmup match and I happen to think batting at number 5 will suit Hussey perfectly. As an Englishman I've seen Hussey's class all too often. Pakistan saw it too in the New Year test at the SGC at the start of 2010 when he pulled an Aussie win out of certain defeat. Hussey's in decent nick and with the ew terms giving us a refund if he places I'm more than happy to be on Mike Hussey here.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series

One bet i fancy for the 1st Test tomorrow. Tim Paine 84 or over player performance points 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Debut start for him tomorrow and i fancy him to go way over this. Aussies played Derbyshire in a warm up and Paine got 52 and 2 catches in the draw with only 1 innings each played. With this Test at Lords he has warmed up nicely with 54 in the ODI aginst England and other mid 40's scores to go along with it. Also being a wicketkeeper he'll be in the mix with catches/stumpings and should get the points. :ok
Just letting you know, unlike the shorter forms of the game Paine won't be opening. Still like the it though.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Pretty happy with that day. Aamer's 60pts towards his 101 target and Akmal will be chasing 7 when he bats in his 1st innings. Hussey has placed, it just remains to be seen if Dougie can hang around with him long enough for him to top score. Unlikely but it happened in Sydney when Siddle dug in. One more bet going into day 2. 3pts Pakistan 1st Innings Lead 11/10 William Hill Very surprised that these odds are on offer but they've had well over an hour to change them so I guess they are the odds that they are offering. If they are they are pretty daft. Australia go into day 2 on 229/9 with just Hussey and Bollinger at the crease. At the absolute best they'll make 300 but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make 250. The question then is do Pakistan have the batting to surpass that. This is Pakistan so it wouldn't be a certainty but I think they've got a decent wicket which is entitled to get better as we go along and a fairly long batting lineup with Akmal a solid batting option at number 7. There will be cloud cover about but I don't think the ball has misbehaved dramatically on day 1 I just think this Pakistan attack is very very good and some of the Aussies will look at their dismissals and wonder. Either way, if Pakistan are chasing somewhere around 250 then they should be odds to get that so whether or not they actually do I'll take the odds against on them leading at half time.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Yep, cracking spot Kev. I'll also go with this bet also. Pakistan 1st Innings Lead @ 11/10 Hills. As Kev says, this looks a cracking price. Michael Hussey will look to bat through most of the overs but he'll have to get himself in again which looks no gimmie given how the first day's play went, Pakistan will look to wrap up the innings pretty quickly in the morning and I think they'll do just that. I don't rate their batting line up much but this isn't the Australian attack of years gone by and its got to be odds on that Pakistan outscore the Aussies.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series I'm also going to take one more. Lay Australia to win the 1st test @ 2.26 Betfair I don't think will get a full days play tomorrow or on Thursday as there is rain forecast so the draw is possible. Anyway, I think it will be difficult for Australia to win the test after there 1st innings, they're up against it after Day 1, we've seen the Aussies turn this situation round plenty of times in the past but I'm just not rating them lately, if Pakistan can take a first innings lead around 100-150, which doesn't look out of the question at all then I see them going onto win the match.

Pretty happy with that day. Aamer's 60pts towards his 101 target and Akmal will be chasing 7 when he bats in his 1st innings. Hussey has placed, it just remains to be seen if Dougie can hang around with him long enough for him to top score. Unlikely but it happened in Sydney when Siddle dug in. One more bet going into day 2. 3pts Pakistan 1st Innings Lead 11/10 William Hill Very surprised that these odds are on offer but they've had well over an hour to change them so I guess they are the odds that they are offering. If they are they are pretty daft. Australia go into day 2 on 229/9 with just Hussey and Bollinger at the crease. At the absolute best they'll make 300 but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make 250. The question then is do Pakistan have the batting to surpass that. This is Pakistan so it wouldn't be a certainty but I think they've got a decent wicket which is entitled to get better as we go along and a fairly long batting lineup with Akmal a solid batting option at number 7. There will be cloud cover about but I don't think the ball has misbehaved dramatically on day 1 I just think this Pakistan attack is very very good and some of the Aussies will look at their dismissals and wonder. Either way, if Pakistan are chasing somewhere around 250 then they should be odds to get that so whether or not they actually do I'll take the odds against on them leading at half time.
Amazed at that price kev. Bet365 have pakistan 1st innings lead @ 4/6

Amazed at that price kev. Bet365 have pakistan 1st innings lead @ 4/6
As am I for that very reason. It's possible they've got it the wrong way round in which case it'll be palped but they've had 2 hours to change it and a good hour since I posted it on here and they haven't so maybe it's the price they're going with. Either way, I'm happy to chance it :ok.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Does seem a bit unreal, but Hills in the past have done things like this so I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm waiting for funds on Moneybookers from withdrawal to get on it, fcuking typical this. :lol Let us know if you get paid Kev/anyone else if I can't get on, assuming its a winner of course! :$

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Just seen these odds from them after you two were discussing this. I too am shocked, but only thing I can think of is the conditions. Think I'm right in thinking that its supposed to be overcast and cloudy most of the week hence the ball should move about a bit. Also, the bookies are probably assuming that the conditions will be pretty much the same, and seeing as the Aussie batsman have stuggled under them, that's what the odds are probably based upon. But really good find and if it doesn't change, looks too tempting to refuse.

Just letting you know' date=' unlike the shorter forms of the game Paine won't be opening. Still like the it though.[/quote'] Yep i do know mate. Looked very uneasy with the spin today did Paine. Hoping for a better day in the field tomorrow from him. Very tempted to jump on the Pakistan inning lead. I think personally the Aussies wont reach 250 tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh this is so frustrating at the minute :wall:wall. Chasing 7 to beat Paine, Kamran Akmal goes and leaves a straight one on 0 to deny a bet which would've traded about 1/33 at the start of the day. Will keep persevering in the hope the luck turns around soon. 3pts Australia's 2nd Inns Runs - Under 264.5 5/6 Blue Square Australia will go into Day 3 on 100/4 in their 2nd innings with Simon Katich and Mitchell Johnson the not out batsmen at the crease. Other than Marcus North who hasn't ever convinced me he can play the moving ball, there isn't a lot of genuine batting to come. Tim Paine looked stuck in a rut in the 1st innings and although Steve Smith averages 50 in 1st class cricket (over a short period of time it must be said) and got a rough one in the 1st innings I still don't think he'll match up to this pace attack from Pakistan. Dougie and Hilfenhaus aren't going to contribute too many and with the expert "finisher" gone that will help Pakistan restrict the Aussies too. It's forecasted to be cloudy at Lords in the morning before the sun comes out in the afternoon so if Pakistan can restrict Australia to 200-220 they'd have every chance of chasing the total down if they apply themselves correctly. As far as this total goes, Australia never made this total 1st time around despite being 100/2 let alone 100/4. Pakistan need 2 quick wickets and they're through so I'll take the unders here.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Bearing in mind Kevs above post and the mercurial nature of Pakistan... I've just placed a LAY on Australia @ 1.18 with Betfair for 3.06pts... Meaning if my calculations are correct... I'm getting Pakistan and the draw at 6.28 after commision combined. The only other option is 4/1 with Bet365 on Double Chance Pakistan/Draw or Draw no bet 5/1 with Bet365. So some value in the LAY.

Bearing in mind Kevs above post and the mercurial nature of Pakistan... I've just placed a LAY on Australia @ 1.18 with Betfair for 3.06pts... Meaning if my calculations are correct... I'm getting Pakistan and the draw at 6.28 after commision combined.
I'm still deliberating over a bet on Pakistan myself mate. It's a 2 horse race now. Draw ain't happening. I'll see what they need to chase and what the overhead conditions are doing then I'll weigh it up then I think. One thing I meant to mention earlier is how good this test match has been so far. Although I can watch twenty20 cricket all day long I'm absolutely loving this test match. Hopefully this is the 1st of 6 really good tests between now and the end of the summer :hope.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Come on guys Pakistan dont have a chance in here, it doesnt even matter about conditions or pitch, the problem is Pakistan have had that much limited overs cricket forced upon them now they have no batsman who can consistently occupy the crease for any significent length of time. They would all be better off doing what Afridi does and just trying to slog 80 off 50 balls even in this format of the game.