** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday

Bank of Hills giving away money 10/11 on Chargers (-3.5) v Raiders :clap Raiders only 3 wins v Bills 3-6 and two very poor NFC teams Tampa Bay 3-6 and Carolina 2-7 Chargers only 3 losses to Denver 6-3, Jets 6-3 and Atlanta 7-2 Chargers have better Defence than Raiders v better overall offences & better Offence than Raiders v the better overall defences Add the Whooping they gave the Black and Silver, 42 - 14 just two games ago with QB Brees as near perfect as they come pickin' em off at will for 5TD's and all before a no scoring 4rth quarter wind down, and ya can sit an' watch your money nearly double.

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday is a bit strange - the line 2 weeks ago was -6.5 so they batter them and the line moves by 3 points (as Oak are at home I guess) Remember this happend 2 years ago with Carolina and Atlanta - atlanta won 2 weeks before by 20 odd, the line stays the same and Atlanta won by 41-0 (remember as gave it to my mate on the spread and got a few drinks from it!)

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday I've got this one marked down as a weak lean towards the chargers at the moment. Situations point towards the raiders putting up a better show.SD had the ball in the raiders 20 six times & came away with five TD's.They'll struggle to repeat that,especially as oakland has had the bye week to sort out their pass coverage that broke down on a couple of those TD's. They certainly won't allow themselves to be humiliated in their own backyard by their hot divisional rivals. Granted SD are also off of a bye week,but the only real direction is down after two blowouts.They'll certainly need to keep something in the tank for their next two games at KC & at home to Denver. Numberswise i make this one SD by about six points. The chargers were 6.5 point favs in the first game three weeks ago. Allowing 3 points for home advantage that means the raiders should be getting only half a point start.They're getting at least 3.5,so the chargers have been upgraded by about a field goal from that meeting. dino.

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday Tomlinson is ?? for the game...Other than that I simply don't understand either! It's a terrible line. There is one that's worse, however...and people still seem to be biting on the other side! Getting ready to load up big on Sunday (which I very rarely do). Mnnesota -7.5 is a Christmas, Ney Years and next years b'day bonus rolled into one. Will hopefully be back home in the next day or two to jot down some coherant thoughts.

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday I had a long hard think about the Detroit/Minnesota line last night. 7.5 is a tricky old number, as it says that the Vikings will win by more than 1 TD. The I had a look. The lions offence last weekend was purely based on punt returns and then passing the ball to the RB as much as possible. The Jags do have a great defence, while the Vikings is MIA at times. Then again, there's no way they can score two punt returns again. So 14-17 points for the Lions is possible/probable. Then we look at Vikings offence. The Lions have a decent defence, and the Vikings are without Moss for another week. That means they can't stretch the Lions as much as they'd like and that could keep the Lions in touch. But even in touch, Culpepper and co are likely to be able to rack up a few points, as they'kll have plenty of chances given Detroits weak Offence (which is even weaker at controlling the clock). 24-31 points would be again be the lower end of what I'd expect... I'd also expect the more points the Vikings score, the more the Lions will get (just at a slower rate). So 7.5 points... Yep. Sounds good to me right now. And if I lose the bet, at least it means my boys ran them close :>

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday Quiet day at the office today.....surfing time aplenty Reckon their must be value in GreenBay v Houston Packers (-3) but I'm gonna plump for (-1) HT with old Brett getting to work early in the relative warmth of Houston (well compared to GreenBay) Houston's D have been truly hideous this year ranked last in NFL and against similar free scoring offences. Manning & Colts #1 scored 49 ( HT 21-0) Culpepper and Vikings #2 scored 34 ( HT 14-0) and Plummer & Broncos # 4 scored 31 ( HT 24-7) A whopping combined 114 to 55 and 59-7 HT Expecting similar of Favre and the #3 Pack Since I've plonked more than I can sensibly afford on Chargers (now moved 1/2 a point at -4 ) had a further look leading to a peaceful nights sleep. Not much new on a competent Chargers outfit but Raiders? Whoof ...I can very nearly smell them from here Raider’s QB Collins had 10 straight losses as a starter until their last games win against a very poor 2-8 Panthers team one of who’s 2 wins was last weeks against the 1-8 49ers The Raiders win v Panthers was also the first time in six games that they didn't concede 30pts or more on route to a loss. The most often penalised in the NFL the Raiders have a hugely undisciplined offence and one that has struggled to hold onto the ball. Losing the ball 22 times to 7 takeaways they have the worst turnover differential in the league at -15 The defence has also given up more touchdowns through the air than all bar, Dallas, GreenBay and Houston. So to recap this week I are been mostly going for San Diego Chargers (-3.5) & Green Bay Packers (-1) 1rst Half For the under/over lovers think there'll be more 'n 37.5 in the Jets/Browns game too All the best come Sunday :hope

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday Minnesota -7 (3 units!) (now at -7 @ Canbet ;)) I like this play a whole lot. Detroit getting WAY too much respect,and the whole world talking about this Minni mid-season collapse. Detroit have had a funny scheldule so far...they look like they are playing well, but they have only faced 3 of the top 14 offenses. Green Bay: 3rd in pass O, 4th total O, 5th scoring Philli: 6th in pass O, 8th total O, 6th scoring Dallas: 7th in pass O, 12th total O. They have lost: 10-38 home to GB 13-30 home to Philli 21-31 @ Dallas.....coincidence?...I think not. Now they face Min who rank 4th in scoring, 2nd in pass and total O. Minni gain FD's at 51.4%, run for 5.1 ypc, throw @ 70.1 % for 8.20 yards per pass. Detroit are second worst in the NFL (only Chicago worse) in total offense, gaining a terrible 3.3 ypc and 5.70 ypp. It's a total mismatch. The only way Detroit stay within double digits is if Eddie (**** him for single handedly ruining my under lasty week) Drummond returns 4 punts for TD's....The problem with that? (besides the obvious!)...Minni won't be forced to punt 4 times wink.gif San Diego -3.5 I originally thought this was a sucker line, but the more I look the more I think some people might actually still think Oakland are ok, and SD shouldn't be road favs to anyone....Of course this view is horribly out dated! SD are genuine. Best run D in the NFL. Great, balanced attack. Wk. 8 @ SD was a total demolision...33 FD's to 15, 448 yards to 28...175 yards rushing to 22!!!! SD are still the most under-rated team in the NFL....Oakland one of the worst. Denver -4 Love going against NO. They are abosutely terrible. An upset win last week v. a Holmes-less, defenseless Chiefs, brings this line in from -7 or 8 where it should be. Denver 5th ranked total O...NO worst D in the NFL...Not hard to work out the consequenses. In fact there's a lot of (statistical) similarities between this NO team and Oakland, where Denver went and won 31-3. NO have given up 20+ points in every game so far @ 28.2 ppg...Denver 3rd overall D, and although they gave up big points to Atlanta a few weeks back, they'll have a lot less trouble holding a 1 dimentional NO attack in check. Pittsburgh -4 Cinci allow 4.5 ypc. End of story. Steelers have been controlling the ground game and playing tight defense. What's new here? Different stadium, same result. Steelers run, run, pass when needed and keep the opposition under 300 yards and 17ppg. Football is such a simple game, isn't it wink.gif Washington @ Philli under 38.5 This play is based more ono Philli than Washington! I mentioned the Eagles schedule a few weeks back...It has been very easy!! Since wk. 1 when they faced a very undermanned Giants D, they have faced exactly 2 teams in the top 13...(Actally I could even count Chicago @ 14!) The Eagles scored 19 @ Chicago (14th D), 15 v. Baltimore (4th D) and 3 @ Pittsburgh (1st D)...Now they face 2nd ranked Washington. Sure, McNabb and Owens looked fantastic against a horribly undersized Dallas last week, but things will be very different this week. Think the 'Skins might be a good shot @ +11, but even with Ramsey starting I think Washington struggle to score. Portis has been disappointing recently, and Philli pass rush is still good. Like the under at a nice number. Tenn @ Jax under 36 Who scores in this game? (Besides those damn punt returners cursin.gif ) Both averaging under 6.5 ypp....Now both with back-up QB's. Brown doubtful for Tenn. Neither team great in red zone. Will be pretty upset if this one sneaks over.

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday Arizona @ Carolina OVER 37 League: 15-4-1 over (Av. 47.3) home 3- fav off 10+ ats win as away 3- dog. [Caro] As we saw last week, when Carolina play a team NOT in the top 10 for any defensive area (excluding wk. 1 v. GB), they have scored: 28 @ KC. 24 v. Oakland 37 @ SF. They have had a tough defensive schedule, and should be able to put some points up on Arizona aswell. They've still got lots of defensive injuries, so 'Zona should be able to score...and if Smith doesn't play, that will mean more off a passing game. (In fact Arizona are 3-0 over v. losing teams this season)

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday :nana Hoorahh....Closer than I expected but the Chargers (-3.5) is GOOD an' I can make a sizeable withdrawal at the Bank of Hills tonight. Shouldn't have been as close if S.D kicker 32 from 32 extra pts and 12 from 13 field goals hadn' missed one of each. Hope ya were all on...might have a beer and stay up to see how my lil side bet on Brett and the pack (HT -1) gets on now.

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday Yep, nice work, hit 3 from 4 this weekend, and only cos my Lions had wasted their timeouts did we not see the Vikings try and move upfield in the last two minutes... another 7 points for Drummond and 2 more for the D made me happy for the first half. Why the Vikings defence decided to play for the second half only is a mystery...

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday I'll second you on that Bozzer Blaylock's decent but he aint no Holmes and if they don't establish a running game early the Patriot's brutal D will hunt Green down like a dawg. Dissapointed my 2nd call of Packers(-1) HT didn't come up..if I'd only gone (-3)FT I'd have got me money back.:cry Gawd bless those Chargers though and the nice but crap Raiders too...plenty ammo for the weeks ahead :D

Re: NFL: Don't miss the Chargers Sunday Afternoon guys, I'm new to this post. I would go with New England (-3.5) on Betfair at 2.0. Although Blaylock was a decent replacement for Holmes last week, it was against a very average New Orleans side whose defensive record doesn't match up to New England. Go heavy on this, I reckon. :welcome