** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Can't believe Zvonareva is at 6's to beat Serena - she has as always given her tough matches in the past and Vera is not so mentally defective anymore. I've had her at about 3.5.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Not the easiest games today to pick really that are good value, but I will go with these 3. Pironkova +3.5 games handicap- Evens Ladbrokes- 10/10 Gone against the favourite Zvonareva here purely based on what I've seen. Zvonareva is favourite here simply because she is ranked higher, and she has done 'something' and a major event before. To me she doesn't seem that great and although she has beaten some good players, Jankovic, Wickmayer and Clijsters, think she can be vulnerable. Watched Pironkova in doubles action yesterday where she wasn't great tbh, but against Williams she was playing the tennis of her life. She was fast, made Venus run and more than anything, she just wanted it more than her opponent. In the recent head to head match, back in 2009, Pironkova won easily 6-2 6-0, even though Zvonareva was top seed, so the rankings clear don't phase her. Can see her either taking a set here or even facing Serena in the final, but at this price, the handicap looks good. Williams to serve an ace in her first game- 2/3 Ladbrokes- 10/10 Bit of a fun bet this one really but has a good chance of happening. Serena's serving has been good this tournament as it always is, serving quickly and with a lot of aces. She should be quick out of the blocks and should definitely serve an ace or two in her first game, whilist Kvitova adjusts to the surroundings. Only thing I don't like is that Kvitova is 6ft, so it gives her a good reach, but against Sharapova, who is just as tall, if not a couple of inches taller, Serena still managed to serve the aces so will take this one. Melzer/Petzschner to win- 5/6 Ladbrokes- 6/10 Have been good with the doubles over the last couple of days, getting 3/3 correct so will take this one as well. Melzer and Petzchner, both have improved their singles game this year, underlined by Melzer getting to the semis at Roland Garros. His game is perfect for doubles, with lots of serve and volley, which is what gives them the edge. Also, these two won their first doubles event this year indoors which will give them confidence. Their matches in Wimbledon have been pretty straight forward and most of their wins being in 3 sets. Their opponents Moodie/Norman beat the Bryan brothers yesterday which was a massive win but the match lasted a long time, with a few tie breaks. These two are older as well so they might feel the effects of yesterdays win today. Gl all :ok
LOSS LOSS WIN Ahhhh so frustrating, lost out by 1 game with Pironkova, all after she took the first set. Another smallish loss, got the small bet right only :wall

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi guys,what you think about tomorrow ...Berdych- Djokovic ? I think Cheh will be able to win that ... he is simply in very good form,got perfect servis and in very good mental condition...your opinion ?

Hi guys,what you think about tomorrow ...Berdych- Djokovic ? I think Cheh will be able to win that ... he is simply in very good form,got perfect servis and in very good mental condition...your opinion ?
I think this is a really tough one to call Forlan hence the fact the odds are nearly both at evens. If I was to go for it then I would back Berdych. Reason being that I watched a few of Djokovic's earlier matches and he has struggled badly at times. Particularily in the 1st round match against Rochus of Belgium who was a break up in the final set against him and on the brink of going out. I dont read a lot into the 1/4 he won 3-0 against Lu because he had clearly played his final against Roddick and had nothing left to give. I think that match flattered Djokovic. If Berdych plays as good as he did against Federer then a believe he will win. He looked as though he had a lot more in the tank after that match as well. Could easily go 5 sets this one. Berdych to win/Evens - Bet365 Small stakes though as its a tough one to call.

Hi guys,what you think about tomorrow ...Berdych- Djokovic ? I think Cheh will be able to win that ... he is simply in very good form,got perfect servis and in very good mental condition...your opinion ?
Tbh I'm gna back djokovic with a handicap and for the win, do more reasoning tomorrow morning when I see the full price list but Berdych was good against Federer but don't make a mistake into thinking he was superb. Federer was struggling and played really badly. Just think about that :ok

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi everyone. I was going to go for Vera Zvonareva to win earlier, but took the advice here and decided instead to go for Serena Williams -5.5. Can't believe that bet never came off in the end. I expected Serena to win at least 7-5 in the 1st set which would have been enough, but never mind. I rarely bet on tennis, but I want to get involved today because the matches look exciting. Im not going to bet on the Murray match because im British and although I think Nadal is going to win I want Murray to win so don't see the joy in betting against him (even if it means winning a couple of quid). Instead im looking to back Djokovic to win his semi. I have done a little research and although Djokovic and Berdych are priced pretty evenly, it seems that Djokovic is a slight favorite. As I say I rarely bet on tennis and to be honest I rarely watch it either and had never heard of Berdych until he beat Federrer (as I say I rarely watch tennis!!), but I watched Federrer's 1st match on the opening day and he looked woeful so im not sure how much to look into that win. From what I have seen of Djokovic in the past he looks a really good all round player and I am certain he will be doing everything he can to get to the final. Of course Berdych will have the same desire, but I think Djokovic has played in more high pressure games so I think in that sense he has more experience to see this one through. So for these reasons I am going to go for Djokovic to win @ 1.83 at Coral. Good Luck everyone!!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Andy Murray to win $2.38 @sportingbet 10/10 Murray is playing simply amazing atm he has looked the best out of anyone throughout the whole tournament, i know he hasnt been tested however his main problem was lack of confidence, and that has come back with comfortable wins, the last time murray looked like this Aus Open '10 where fed and the title stood in his way, i see NO way that he is letting this title slip, he knows he can beat nadal on surface other than clay, he is due ONE good serving performance % and will remain aggressive on the nadal serve , his stamina is definitely better than nadals right now and his hunger should be at a high, plus huge crowd, murray is going to win this thing

Sport Tennis
Event Rafa Nadal vs. Andy Murray
Selection Rafa (-5.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.25 (Back)
Reasoning Well, few times you can find value at this stage as the bookies rate very correct the odds, but certain in this semifinal I will say that we have just some great value. Value comes only from Andy Murray's great results so far and there are no doubts about that, he really did so well till now, he has lost only one set against Tsonga and played some great tennis. But, the question now is who will going to be your next opponent and here appear Rafa, a great defender who can be so stable from the baseline and I just can't imagine how could dominate Murray the rallies. Lets go to some memories from the games between Andy and Rafa in the past, cause I remember only three times when Andy beat Rafa: 1.) semifinal from US Open is 2008 when Rafa has won everything was possible before that and just didn't had enough energy to continue at the same level. 2.) Rotterdam 2009 on I_Hard, Rafa's most difficult surface 3.) Australian Open when Rafa had to retire because of injury. Three times andy beat Rafa and in twice of them the spaniard had health problems and one played on I_Hard. Rafa had always some big advantages against Andy as there is all about the style of playing, Andy is a great defender but Rafa is better than him, if you won't to beat Rafa's defence the only real thing you can do is to attack and hit as most as flat winners you can, serve as most as consistent you can. I just watched the game Nadal vs. Soderling because I was afraid of Robin's really dangerous shots and serve, this player really has the game to be dangerous against Nadal, but about Murray I really can't see the danger. The Scot should have an excellent serving day to mentain his chances, otherwise he just won't be able to dictate the rallies. All in all, I give big chances to Rafa in this semifinal, I don't try to overrate him but long as you really understand Murray's style he is a very predictable player. Good Luck and Vamos Rafa!!!

Sport Tennis
Event Novak Djokovic vs. Tomas Berdych
Selection Djokovic
Strength 10/10
Date 02/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Well, this should be a real battle for berth in Wimbledon final, the motivation and attitude should be at high level. Tomas Berdych will play his first semifinal at Wimbledon after he has eliminated Roger Federer in four sets. Berdych has eliminated Federer and that makes him overrated at the moment as Roger didn't played his best tennis. There are no doubts that Berdych is a talented player who possess a lot of qualities but if to compare him with Novak Djokovic there are still some meaningful differences between them. Djokovic possess a better return and not only, he also can cope with Berdych's power game and that is a very important aspect. Djokovic has more powerful and effective groundstrokes and it is clear that he is better overall than Berdych, the only dangerous thing in this semifinal IMO should be only Djokovic's breath problems, he looked ok from this point of view against Lu but that was a easy match for him as he won in three sets, now should be more difficult. I just can't say nothing about Djokovic's breath problems which he had against Hewitt, you never know what will going to happen but certain is that Novak is just the better player, more complete one and he has the game to beat Berych. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Rafael Nadal @ 1.65 - Betfair On the first sight Murray looked like a value bet in this matchup but looking deeper inton this one, i honestly doubt he has fair chances to advance. Murray didn't lost a set before meeting Tsonga in the last round when he was 1-0 down and played close TB in second where Tsonga had a lead and was one step of making it 2-0. Unfortunately for him, he didn't and Murray turned things around by breaking him in other two sets by 6-2. Muzza showed what we already knew about him, his returning of the service is top class and big servers are easily dispatched if they don't have adequate weapons from the baseline. And Nadal does have those weapons. He has everything, great footwork, great forehand, defense, he's consistent, makes low number of UE's and most important thing of all is- his winning mentality. Nadal oftenly says that Wimbledon is his favourite GS, he likes playing here despite the surface isn't healthy for his knees, especially in later stages of the tournament, but no doubt about his hunger for winning this tournament. If this match is playing on grass in any other place except Wimbledon, with lower pressure on Scottish, i would take him without much thinking, but here it will be clear why is mental stability so important in such huge matches on biggest GS of all. I rate Nadal as 70-30 favourite, therefor 1,65 looks high enough for me. Good luck.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon There are days in tennis when matches are almost impossible to call with any great certainty. Novak Djokovic at 1.909 and Andy Murray +3 games AH at 1.885 appealed to me, but in the end I've decided that these games are to be enjoyed with a drink rather than sweated over with cash. Good luck to all those involved.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Djokovic @ 1.94 - Pinnacle Nole si overall better player, and if he overcomes his breathing problems he is a favourite to win this match. I was impressed with the way Berdych handled "mighty" Fed in the last round but Nole has all needed weapons against Czech. Berdych is slightly better server but Nole will probably return better than Fed. He'll also know how to defend Berdych's very aggressive baseline hits and turn them into attack. These two have met twice so far, both times on hard and both times Nole won so i guess(not only because of that though) that Nole has matchup advantage over his opponent. All in all, hoping for a Nadal v Djokovic finals on sunday.

Event Tomas Berdych vs Novak Djokovic
Selection Novak Djokovic
Strength 10/10
Date 02/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Weird thing to say but I was not impressed by Berdych performance against Federer. Roger made most of that match playing poor tennis through out and apart from 3nd set never looked like a winner. There were 3 times in the match when Berdych let slip 40-0 lead on his serve and faced a break point. He recovered from that all the times but that is a sign of a weakness. Djokovic will come into this match high on confidence and the fact that he has beaten Berdych both times they played will help a lot. Besides this will be semifinal match, therefore Djokovic will have additional advantage as he has won a Grand Slam semifinal before but Berdych has not. All in all I favor Novak to advance to the final here.

There are days in tennis when matches are almost impossible to call with any great certainty.
Agree, both of my bets are based on my gut feelings and logical thinking than on value. Simply, bookies did their homework in a best possible way so logic is all we have. And, skipping betting of course but for me it's not an option today. :dude

Event Andy Murray vs Rafael Nadal
Selection Andy Murray
Strength 10/10
Date 02/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.60 (Back)
Reasoning Murray won't have a better chance to win a Grand Slam in coming years than he has got right now. Presuming Djokovic comes out on top in the first semifinal Murray will be a favorite in the final as he owns Novak. About today's match. I see couple of weaknesses in Nadal's game. First of all he is not 100% fit and everybody knows that. The other thing is serving performances. Although he has been serving quite well he has a tendency to serve really poor at times and that will be a huge minus for him as Murray will be ok to play baseline rallies with Rafa. Nadal is very good matchup for Murray because Andy can live with him in long rallies but serve-wise he is a little bit better. Murray has beaten Nadal in their last two Grand Slam matches and with home support you can expect him having very good chance today as well.

Agree' date=' both of my bets are based on my gut feelings and logical thinking than on value. Simply, bookies did their homework in a best possible way so logic is all we have. And, skipping betting of course but for me it's not an option today. :dude[/quote'] Yeah the bookies have been shrewd today, that's for sure. I just can't find enough confidence to give me a bet but that's not to say others, like yourself, won't. I try and stay pretty disciplined when it comes to punting for the sake of it. Just the rules I set myself. For what it's worth though, I agree with your Djokovic shout - just think there are too many dangers to back it with hard cash. My fingers are crossed for you though.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Berdy/Nadal final would be my guess. Mentioned Berdych the other day but didn't get to put cash on him that day and don't think I'm gonna bother now. As long as Murray doesn't reach the final I'm happy.............:lol I struggle to see him beating Nadal, only time I was impressed with Murray against him was at the US a few years back...a slam that will always be tough for Nadal to win. In Oz Murray was in great form and Nadal vulnerable to most top players on hard surface. Don't see Murray playing a game like that today, Tsonga had him the other day but for two poor plays in the breaker at "5-4, Nadal doesn't have the power of Tsonga so can't blast Murray away but still give him advantages from the baseline.Nadal has struggled so far against big serving and aggression but as I said I have doubts about Murray executing this gameplan.....typical passive play waiting for errors won't work anyway. Nadal in 3, 4 or 5 I don't know but think he'll do it. Hope Berdych does it too.....fast start is crucial for him as Djokovic can wilt if it's not going his way. High first serve % and I think Berdych can take this. Not gonna back anyone though.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon As everyone says, hard day for betting and the bookies have thought it through well, but I have gone for a couple. Djokovic -2.5 AND -4.5 games handicap- 11/10 AND 9/4- Ladbrokes- 10/10 AND 5/10 Have just based this on who I think will win. Fair enough Berdych beat Federer, but Federer wasn't a shadow of the player he usually is. Berdych didn't really have to play brilliantly, it was just Federer wasn't at the races, as he hasn't been really in the whole tournament. For the match, I have narrowed it down to who I think is likely to break serve more, no question Djokovic. No break points in his last match, and only dropped something like 12 points in the entire match on his serve. Berdych served well, but can be vulnerable. Could easily go to 5 sets, and then fatigue could play a part. Berdych will get tired a little quicker than Djokovic perhaps, and therefore I see Djokovic winning this one, preferably with the handicap ;) Nadal +8.5 aces handicap- 8/11 Ladbrokes- 10/10 Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one. Nadal and Murray in my opinion are the same player. Brilliant returners and great defensive players, but I still see Nadal as the most likely to hit more winners. As it goes for aces, both have had around the same amount in the competition but as for 9 more aces than Nadal, really struggle to comprehend how Murray will do that, as Nadal isn't a bad returner of serve either, so taken this one. GL all :ok

As everyone says, hard day for betting and the bookies have thought it through well, but I have gone for a couple. Djokovic -2.5 AND -4.5 games handicap- 11/10 AND 9/4- Ladbrokes- 10/10 AND 5/10 Have just based this on who I think will win. Fair enough Berdych beat Federer, but Federer wasn't a shadow of the player he usually is. Berdych didn't really have to play brilliantly, it was just Federer wasn't at the races, as he hasn't been really in the whole tournament. For the match, I have narrowed it down to who I think is likely to break serve more, no question Djokovic. No break points in his last match, and only dropped something like 12 points in the entire match on his serve. Berdych served well, but can be vulnerable. Could easily go to 5 sets, and then fatigue could play a part. Berdych will get tired a little quicker than Djokovic perhaps, and therefore I see Djokovic winning this one, preferably with the handicap ;) Nadal +8.5 aces handicap- 8/11 Ladbrokes- 10/10 Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one. Nadal and Murray in my opinion are the same player. Brilliant returners and great defensive players, but I still see Nadal as the most likely to hit more winners. As it goes for aces, both have had around the same amount in the competition but as for 9 more aces than Nadal, really struggle to comprehend how Murray will do that, as Nadal isn't a bad returner of serve either, so taken this one. GL all :ok
:wall:wall:wall need I say more

Event Serena Williams vs Vera Zvonareva
Selection Serena Williams -4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Despite the fact that Serena has struggle in her last 3 matches she will be absolutely fine in the final. Zvonareva will be playing in her first ever Grand Slam final and definitely will be nervous. Williams has had tough times against her in the past but won't have today only because it's the final, the big one. Serena has been great on her serve and will dominate the proceedings again. She has won all of her matches by at least 5 games with the exception of Sharapova match.

Thanx ewana and fishy25 :) I don't change ...Tomas Berdych wiiiiiiiiiiiin tomorrow' date=' GL to all from Montenegro ;)[/quote'] As I say in my first post here,glad if you followed me ;)))

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Trying to find anything that resembles value in the Williams vs. Zvonareva final and I've gone for 'under 6.5 double faults' at 5/4 over at Skybet (the 'over 6.5 double faults' is 4/7). I expect the match to be fairly quick and painless as might most other people in predicting a 2-0 Serena win. Previous form isn't necessarily any guide as to what will happen in an hour or so but I can't help but think that in the semi-finals, Vera getting only 2 in three sets and Serena getting 3 in two sets has some kind of value. http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/stats/day18/2602ms.html http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/stats/day18/2601ms.html If anyone ruins this bet it might be Vera not being able to serve as she beats herself up mentally like she is occasionally prone to.