Tennis - 14-20 June

Some good grass events in ATP and WTA this week. I'm going with Mayer to beat Stephane Robert in 2 sets in Eastbourne tomorrow. Leo Mayer to beat Robert 2-0 @ 10/11 (Paddy Power : 5/10) Mayer is on fire recently, reaching semi at Nice on clay and 3rd round at the French losing to Cilic in tight 5 sets and he really matched him. On the other hand Robert lost to Kamke in 3 at the French and lost to Becker on clay a few weeks back aswell, Becker not a clay-courter at all. Mostly has good results on clay at challenger level. Neither of these guys have played much on grass but to me Leo Mayer has the game to do really well on this surface.....I remember his match with Gonzalez at Wimbledon last year when he lost in 4, he was really good and showed good signs of a player who can improve on grass.....big serve, big shot-making. Think his game is too big for someone like Robert, a player without big weapons to get himself ahead in points...only concern is that this is Mayer's first match on grass this year but likewise Robert so no worries. GL! Also thinking about Tipsarevic to beat Chardy. Tipsa seems out of shape recently hence the 50:50 odds. Lost to Granollers on grass last week which you might expect him to win but he had many break chances in that one which he didn't convert, and did OK for spells. Chardy if he's playing well can keep it tight on serve but he lost to Lacko last week in Halle in 2 and he's very inconsistent anyway....and I do feel Tipsa is better player on grass. Little worried about the Serb's form recently, but that's the only reason we have such odds so will think more on this. Does seem like one to stay away from.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.