** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 11th June

2.50 York A fantastic looking handicap and the old boy Blue Spinnaker has been in fantastic form this summer/spring and will certainly appreciate the softer ground returning and has aquitted himself well in big field handicaps of this nature before including when winning on first day of season off a 12lb lower mark but still remains well handicapped on old form and has aquitted himself well of this mark last time out. Duke of Tourraine was well backed before being a late withdrawal a few weeks back, clearly had problems with well over a year off track but was useful over hurdles and flat before this time off and handicapper giving him a chance allowing him to run off a mark 7lb below his last winning mark and is another that will relish any further rain. 0.25pt e/w blue spinnaker 0.25pt e/w duke of tourraine 4.35 York Atlantic story is extremely well handicapped on AW form and does go well fresh but never been quite such interest on turf, luscivious will relish return to softer conditions but 8lb rise looks a little harsh. Equuleus pictor looks a big price, he often goes well when following up a run in quick succession and wasnt beaten that far last time out, he won this race last year off a 2lb higher mark under same jockey and exactly same ground conditions. Captain Carey was an impressive winner last time out and Abraham Lincoln and Hajoum has held that form up since and still looks a little better than a class 3 handicapper and a further 4lb looks lenient and has won on soft ground. 0.5pt win captain carey 4/1 pp 0.25pt e/w equuleus pictor 16/1 pp

Re: York 11th June 435 Equuleus Pictor won this last year off 85 with Jack Dean claiming 5lb, the same pair team up again off 83 with a 3lb claim. The draw is exactly the same, no reason why it cannot go close again. The horse has won on its 2nd, 4th & 3rd start each season so far and this is its 4th start this season so a perfect time to hit the win. SP was 7/1 last year, and this year i can get double that. 16/1 Paddy power 4pts win

Re: York 11th June

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event YORK 14:20
Selection MASTER MACHO
Strength 10/10
Date 11/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ SP (Back)
Reasoning YORK 14:20 Win: MASTER MACHO Only Colt/Gelding in the field with experience. 2ND in his last 4 starts. Best of him had come at 5f with the latest being the best. Beaten a short head by the Hannon/Hughes EUCHARIST. He once again tried to made all but just headed the last strides. The time was good at 1m 0.67s, slow by just 0.67s for the Sandown record. His previous 2NDs was to the runners below. TWO FEET OF SNOW - Scheduled for Weatherbys Super Sprint PREMIER CLARETS - 3RD in Woodcote Stakes next time out SCARLET ROCKS - 2ND to CAPE TO RIO in Class 2 CndStks next time out, Chris Catlin is booked just like last time to make it two straight runs. With him getting this to his best last time I think he can dominate.
Close Window

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event YORK 16:35
Selection CAPTAIN CAREY
Strength 10/10
Date 11/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning YORK 16:35 Win: CAPTAIN CAREY Only runner of the day from M S Saunders and Tom McLaughlin. The last 10 from the combo have 6 winning runs. They are 3 from 4 with 5f runners from that period. The only blemish from them is last Friday when they went 0 from 4 - 0854. May be different today that they focus in on just one horse. The selection won his last two starts to make him 5 from his last 10.
Close Window

Re: York 11th June Bowles wish i had have had time to look last night..still 10s available.. York 4.35 Equuleus Pictor 10-1 rattled off a two timer this time last year,including winning this and has a fantastic chance of taking the renewal imo..Running off a similar mark and weight as last year,running out of the same stall(4),won last year on Good to soft ground which it should be pretty near today..so conditions should be very similar last year,this one acts on soft ground,loves it at southwell which is good sign for soft lovers also imo... It is attracting market support along with Luscivious,and rowayton this morning..It holds luscivious having beaten on worse terms thank it has today,last year on heavy ground.although lusciious in turn beat it last year,equueleus is 10pounds better off than that defeat.. .Rowayton i like on the speed figuires but its hard to know whether it acts on soft ground York 4.35 Equuleus Pictor 10-1 1pt ew

Re: York 11th June 4.35 My main pick for this race is guna be Desert Phantom at massive odds of 33/1 stanjames. Loves todays conditions, winning 3 times as a 2 year old on 'heavy' and 'good to soft' goings. 1 of those wins was in a class 3 2year old handicap and the other was a class 1 event, so form as a 2 year old is obviously very impressive. Only 1 start in 2008 and only beat the ambulance home but returned this year with a decent run over 5f in a decent class 2 event and was only 4 lengths behind the winner, travelled pretty well that day. I think this one had excuses lto, firstly with the going being 'good to firm' which he's never performed on and secondly 6f may not have suited having barely ran in the last couple of years. The Hughes booking that day suggests that the stable possible expected more. Returns today over 5f with ideal ground conditions and Fanning is a decent jockey booking. May take some others but this is my main pick.

Re: York 11th June 14:50 York The one I like in this race is Kindest. She has only had 9 runs to date so is likely to still be progressing. Has won and placed over a mile so this slight rise in trip shouldn't be a concern and if anything could bring out any potential improvement. She beat Speed Dating by a length at Haydock last year in soft going. That form has worked out quite well as Speed Dating won next time out and is now rated 74 (59 when second to my selection) due to another win and a couple of places. Kindest ended 2009 with two places and will really welcome any rain today having run his best races in Soft and Heavy going. Should come on from her run last time out when she finished well down the field at Warwick on her season reappearance and hopefully that will have blown away any cobwebs and she will strip a lot fitter for this race. 0.75pts Win Kindest @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: York 11th June 2.50 York ORIENTAL CAVALIER has been handed a good low draw here and has been knocking on the door this season with a number of credible efforts over middle distances. Beaten by a head at Nottingham on his penultimate start he is only 3 lbs higher now and is open to further improvement. Robert Winston is booked and he could be in the shake-up. 16/1 Stan James, EW 3.25 York HAWK MOUNTAIN ran a number of good races at this track last season and looks a good price if his last effort at Haydock can be forgiven. He was second in this race last season off 7 lbs lower but continued to progess thereafter and was only beaten by a length and a quarter off 83 when behind Mudawin. He is running off 82 today and i think that entitles him to go close. 14/1 Bet 365, EW 4.35 York CAPTAIN CAREY is on a good run of form at the minute and caught the eye when winning at Chepstow on his latest start. Many of today's runners have something to prove but I feel he is one open to the most improvement and seen as he is going the right way, he is taken to score for Malcolm Saunders. 9/2 Stan James, EW

Re: York 11th June 4.25 York CAPTAIN CAREY is a sprinter in form winning his last two up 4lb for his chepstow win, dont think that will be enough to stop him rattling up the hat trick today. love following sprinters in form and 9/2 looks a solid bet for a horse and trainer in form. 1pt win 9/2 Will Hill

Re: York 11th June 15:25 York I fancy Ducile to land this race. The Mark Tompkins gelding is a previous course and distance winner when he beat Deauville Flyer by a length back in September 2009 off a mark of 73. Judging by the weights today he should hold that form up as he is 5lbs better off. My selection is only 3lbs higher than the win and Ashley Morgan takes the ride once again. He is a useful claimer and takes off a handy 5lbs. Still lightly raced having only had 8 runs to date, managing 2 wins and 3 places so he definately has a bit of ability. Ground won't be a problem and the yard have had a couple of winners already this week. 1pt win Dulcie @ 8/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

14:50 York The one I like in this race is Kindest. She has only had 9 runs to date so is likely to still be progressing. Has won and placed over a mile so this slight rise in trip shouldn't be a concern and if anything could bring out any potential improvement. She beat Speed Dating by a length at Haydock last year in soft going. That form has worked out quite well as Speed Dating won next time out and is now rated 74 (59 when second to my selection) due to another win and a couple of places. Kindest ended 2009 with two places and will really welcome any rain today having run his best races in Soft and Heavy going. Should come on from her run last time out when she finished well down the field at Warwick on her season reappearance and hopefully that will have blown away any cobwebs and she will strip a lot fitter for this race. 0.75pts Win Kindest @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG)
Break the duck at last :nana