sp.gifSaudi Arabia v S Lanka (17:00 GMT)0.05/10.3/17/1
Prices from ww.oddscomparison.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friendlies

uesday 16 November 2004
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">
sp.gifRepublic of Ireland v Croatia (19:30 GMT)11/102.3/12.75/1
sp.gifAustralia v Norway (20:30 GMT)7/49/48/5
sp.gifWednesday 17 November 2004
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">
sp.gifSlovakia v Slovenia (16:30 GMT)6/59/412/5
sp.gifGermany v Cameroon (19:40 GMT)8/1313/511/2
sp.gifAzerbaijan v Bulgaria (19:45 GMT)6/111/40.45/1
sp.gifFrance v Poland (20:00 GMT)1/23/17/1
sp.gifItaly v Finland (20:00 GMT)4/114/18/1
sp.gifScotland v Sweden (20:00 GMT)3/12.3/111/10
sp.gifSpain v England (20:45 GMT)1.34/12.3/111/4

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November This might be a bad start of the thread, but two values I might see . Is it not worth a few quid Liechtenstein to beat Latvia at 8/1 ? Liechtenstein have scored 6 in last two games (2@home against Prtugal, and 4 away at Luxembourg). My reasoning is that Latvia, although they did play at Euro 2004, are not scoring much, so if Liechtenstain forwards could score six in two games, ther is certainly some value there? And Latvia did have some probs with Lux, I think. The other one is just a question, have Reggae boys gone so bad that the odds are 7/1@ USA? With Euell and other "English" players, could there be some value in Jamaica ?

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November I expect the friendly between England and Spain to be fairly tame. I don't think it would go down too well if the real madrid side started kicking the shite out of each other. They are both fairly defensive sides so I wouldn't expect too many goals, but can you go under 2.5 with Owen, Rooney, Raul and Morientes on the pitch?

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November On a more general note, do you find international friendlies a good bet? I would be worried about the lack of motivation for the game and the possible degree of experimentation by the managers so I steer clear of them.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Agree in the main to steer clear of internationals mainly.Small outlandish accum. Prices can be horrific i.e. Holland 1/50 Hills! Am going for risky HT/FT X/X on Rep Ireland V Croatia 4/1 Spain V England 9/2 Scotland V Sweden 4/1 All laddies prices. FFTB !

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November agree with you both aa421 and faust13 about international friendlies , but I do have yankee/etc trying to find draws - usually when the better side are playing away.One that looks promising for a draw is AZERBAIJAN V BULGARIA AZERBAIJAN last three qualifing matches at home have been against the home nations 1- 1 WALES 0-0 N. Ireland 0-1 England BULGARIA away matches 1-3 Iceland 2-2 Croatia I'll add Azerbaijan v Bulgaria to your three but on f.t only faust Rep Ireland v Croatia [irish do not like losing at home , but who do ? Spain v England [emersomthone comment] Scotland v Sweden [ new manager syndrome] Cheers and good luck

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November The more i look the more i like Israel. Anyone got a list of how theyve been doing away from home the last few years? Read this too. Anyone give Georgia a chance at home to Denmark? Defensive duo return for Georgia Monday, 15 November 2004 By Vakhtang Bzikadze Alain Giresse has restored Kakha Kaladze and Zurab Khizanishvili to his Georgia squad, while midfielders Alexandre Gogoberishvili and Mamia Jikia are also included for the FIFA World Cup qualifier against Denmark on 17 November. Defensive reinforcements AC Milan defender Kaladze was forced to miss last month's 2-0 defeat by Ukraine through suspension, a result that left Georgia fifth in Group 2. His defensive partner Khizanishvili was also unavailable due to injury, but has since returned to the Rangers FC side and is likely to start against the Danes in Tbilisi. 'Great team spirit' The midfield has been bolstered too, with Gogoberishvili and Jikia replacing FC Dinamo Tbilisi's Jaba Kankava and the out-of-favour FC Metalurh Donetsk playmaker Gocha Jamarauli. "We have a very tough game ahead, and neither team has much time to prepare, but the core of our side has been together a long time and we have a great team spirit," said Giresse.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Israel Away

04/09/2004 v France 0-0 18/08/2004 v Croatia 1-0 27/05/2004 v Georgia 0-1 11/10/2003 v France 3-0 06/09/2003 v Slovenia 3-1 20/08/2003 v Russia 1-2 29/03/2003 v Cyprus 1-1

20/11/2002 v Macedonia 2-3 12/10/2002 v Malta 0-2 05/09/2002 v Luxembourg 0-5 21/08/2002 v Lithuania 2-4 That's all Israel's away games since 2002. 6 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats. You may be right there could be some value in Israel.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November A few points. Australia are playing Norway at Craven Cottage. Israel have actually played a lot of their home games "away" due to security reasons. I think in their last qualifying campaign they played their home games in Sardinia, Malta or Cyprus and I think Turkey. Check out www.fifa.com and click on results in the Mens section, then look for Israel. I haven't had a proper look at this weeks fixtures, but I notice someone's mentioned Liechtenstein. The last 2 results in this group was Luxembourg 3 Latvia 4 and Luxembourg 0 Liectenstein 4, so there is a form line. I was at the latter game and I couldn't for the life of me work out how Luxembourg scored three against Latvia. Liectenstein could have actually scored 5 or 6 on the night, and they have in Stocklasa and Frick two players who can actually score goals. Saying all that, its always a gamble betting on minnows like Liectenstein, but its one I might just take a closer look at for a small stake investment.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Don't know much about Georgia but Khizanishvili has been playing well for Rangers and odds do look a bit tempting. Scotland have been dire but news filtering through is that is is likely to be a sell out at Easter Road and Sweden have left their best playersat home. Maybe a draw double Georgia/Scotland games

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Is there any Norwegian's here who can give me some sought of insight into how the Norway team has prepared and what sought of team they will be looking to field tonight. Personally I think taking Australia on a level ball handicap at odds over even are surely value, and I'll tell you why. Australia play these games like WC qualifiers, as lets face it we don't get any other time to play against quality opposition - which Norway are. Norway on the other hand (from what I've read) seem more content with experimentation and playing for the draw. Also the team we are fielding is the strongest that we have had available and playing together for quite a while. The XI will look like this: Viduka (Middlesbrough) ,Kewell (Liverpool), Emerton (Blackburn), Cahill (Everton), Bresciano (Parma), Skoko (Genclerbirligi), Laziridis (Birmingham), Popovic (Crystal Palace), Vidmar (Cardiff City), Neill (Blackburn), Schwarzer (Middlesbrough). Most of you will be well aware of the quality of this team as 8 of 11 players ply their trade in the EPL. The coach Frank Farina has gone with a very attacking lineup, and one that I fancy are capable of scoring a couple of goals. Cahill is in great form at the moment, and is capable of causing the best defenses problems - just look at his game against Chelsea. Harry Kewell has been short of good form of late, but he always seems to turn it on when pulling on the Green and Gold, and I expect no different in tonights game. The game will be played at the Craven Cottage in London, which will allow for alot of ex-pats from Australia, living in London to fill the stadium. Pinnacle currently have Australia pk @ 2.04, which is clearly value if Norway come to play for a draw, while Australia will be intent on playing to win. I also think that Farina (Aussie Coach) will keep most players on the park for at least 70 minutes. There will be none of this 11 subs at HT.:ok

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November What do u think Romania will do against Armenia? Romania have 12 players injured , 3 players suspended(I think u all know Mutu is suspended) so we will go in Armenia with the second line-up...But what I heard is that Armenia is mising their star player too... My bet this week is going to be : Romania-Armenia 1 :puke Georgia-Denmark 2 :hope Andorra-Netherlands ---Andora won`t score :hope Germany(-1)-Cameroon(+1) 1 :hope Ecuador(+1)-Brazil(-1):hope Greece-Kazakhstan X at half time:@ Spain-England Over 2.5:hope So GL&Hf

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Komp, i cannot see why Denmark is beeing priced so low, i havent looked around, but the first bookie i went to, had 1.65. In the past we had very big problems when we went to these kind of places, but is being better now a days, showed last time out when we beat Albania, who hadent lost at home for 3 years. For this game we have Jesper Grønkjær and captain Thomas Helveg suspended, and Helveg bieng out, is a massive blow. Our defence will be very inexperinced, it will be chosen from Leon Andreasen (0 games), Søren Colding (27 games, but those caps was earned in 1996 and the following years) Nichlas Jensen (37 games) Steven Lustu (7 games) Per Krøldrup (8 games) Asbjørn Sennels ( 2 games)and Brian Priske (10 games). Midfield and forward we can match most teams on the day. I see a tight game here, and i feel that the value will be in Georgia, i cannot touch Denmark at 1.65 that is for sure. I see Nordicbet has 2.10 on Georgia not to loose, that is a good deal IMO.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November I have a little question......... Where can i find a site with the under 21 international tables????I wanted to bet on the under 21 and i saw that the odds being so low ...I`ll go on the 2 goal difference so please give me a site.........................Thx

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November I don't see some value in these matches, the odds on favourites are always short, and surprises come on regular basis. I have just wrote my write-up, praising Romania and then I saw that their first team is all out, so no bet here. I think that Turkey and Ukraine can make a boring draw. Turkey is playing without Hakan Sukur, and Serkan, and Ukrainians will tend not to lose this game. They are always tough to beat and somehow often finish with a draw. Forgot to mention that Ukraine is missing Sakhtar captain Timoscuk. Cheers.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Emile Mpenza is surely out for wednesday clash against Serbia. The final line-up is still not known but probably will exist out of : Proto(La Louviere) De Cock(Club Brugge) Kompany(Anderlecht) Simons(Club Brugge) Vanderheyden(Club Brugge) Vandamme(Southampton) Clement(Club Brugge) Baseggio(Anderlecht) Buffel(Feyenoord) Sonck(Ajax) Pieroni(Auxerre) I can't really judge the Serbian team, I think it will be an even game but everyone here in Belgium is aware that this game is the final chance for us. Players will give everythingh so I guess it could either way, so a no bet for me.

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Serbia U21 will have strong squad with first appearance of Mirko Vucinic (Lecce), and he is in great form. The whole team is highly motivated and bet on away win is my choice. The odd around 3.0 could be a value. Cheers

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November Spain V England ht/ft

England/Draw17.0015.gif
This could be a good bet for tomorrow night. Sven tends to play his strongest " best " team in the first half and then use subs for the second half in friendlies. I realise that the number of subs available to be used is limited to 6 now . Does anyone have any idea on the tactics the Spanish will use ? Cheers

Re: WC Qualifiers & Friendlies - 16th/17th/18th November I imagine Spain will roll it across the back 4 for 90 mins like the always seem to do. I'm expecting a dire game but can't bring myself to go under 2.5 cos someone like Rooney could just open it all up. Reyes and Helguera have been talking it up a bit, but it looks like another non-event/Real madrid training session. It would be funny though if Owen nailed Raul in the 1st minute... wonder what odds you can get on that NO BET for me