Ripon 25th May

2.40 Ripon Highkingofireland ran a promising race last time out but a concern that he needs some cut in the ground is a niggling problem along with another 2lb rise back in weights put me off him slightly. Bid For Glory is clearly not the same horse he was a few years ago BUT is looking potentially dangerous off this mark, last win came off a mark of 90 on AW in 2007, ran some better races on AW over winter before disappointing last start since been given a break and has gone well fresh before. 0.25pt e/w bid for glory 3.40 Ripon Decent prize up for grabs and if Nicholls has got Jack Dawkins fully wound up for his he could be dangerous (he should be as he was trained for thirsks hunt cup but refused to go in stalls), this is his first run for Nicholls and potentially looks his best chance on paper, his last win came over 2f further than this but has won twice over this trip and having gone the wrong way at back end of last year he now looks well handicapped and worth a try over shorter again with fast ground to suit. 0.25pt e/w jack dawkins 16/1 bet365

Re: Ripon 25th May Ripon 3.10 A difficult race to assess, where none of the runners have competed over today's trip of 9 furlongs. There are two horses I like though who look like they may be overpriced. The first is Jupiter Fidius who ran a stinker last time out at Doncaster (30 Apr), but did put in a nice effort the race before at this track (8f Gd 15 Apr 10) finishing a neck behind the useful Eleanora Duse, and 1.5 lengths behind the winner Monterosso. Both of those horses have gone on to more impressive runs, and if that race is a fair representation of this horses ability, I can see it going close today. It's best speed rating was recorded in the race previous to that at Leicester (Gd/Sft Gd pl) back in Oct 09, and it might be my biggest concern that this horse likes a bit of cut in the ground. It's also the top weight. The other I like at a nice price is Vito Volterra who managed to win 3 times out of 6 runs in 2009. Really solid on the clock, with 3 of it's last 6 runs rating 64, and one at 63. Has won on Gd/Sft and Gd/Frm as well as on artificial, so seems capable on all surfaces. Also It's handicap rating is dropped again after a close up 4th (1l) in it's last race. I feel both of these horses could appreciate the step up in trip. I'll also mention Yashrid who makes it's handicap debut and could of been allocated a decent mark. Will include it for RFC and RTC purposes, I've not decided yet whether I'll back it to win. I could make a case for a few of these, particularly Mighty Clarets and Music Of The Moor, but I'm going to stick with the speed ratings, and the 3 top rated. Jupiter Fidius, Vito Volterra, Yashrid 1pt Reverse F/C + 1 pt Reverse T/C = 12pts Win + e/w bets and prices to follow. Ripon 3-10 Handicap (Class 4) 10f Horse Best Lto 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Jupiter Fidius 73 -- 51 73 46 -- -- Vito Volterra 64 64 (33) (64) (63) (53) 64 Yashrid 60 60 57 (54) -- -- -- Epic 59 41 (36) (32) (41) (47) (40) LTO Speed: Vito Volterra 64 Yashrid 60 Mighty Clarets 53

Re: Ripon 25th May

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event Ripon 14:10
Selection Satin Love
Strength 10/10
Date 25/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ SP (Back)
Reasoning Ripon 14:10 WIN: Satin Love $150,000 Foal and entered for the Phoenix Stakes (Group 1). Owned by Crone Stud Farms Ltd - 7 wins from 14 this year, 3 runners. M Johnston won 2 from 3 maiden runners yesterday. A debutant but the only rival with experience finished last of 11. Biggest danger BRAVE DREAM is not as well bred so advantage goes to SATIN LOVE. No big yard to worry about. If as good as his yards latest, he should make a winning debut.
Close Window

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event Ripon 15:10
Selection Yashrid
Strength 10/10
Date 25/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ SP (Back)
Reasoning Ripon 15:10 WIN: Yashrid Career best 3RD of 6 of Good going last time out. Debut was on the Polytrack and then followed by Soft at Yarmouth. The ground looks to be on his favor again. Trainer M A Jarvis have just one runner today, YASHRID. P Robinson is booked and have no other scheduled rides. The partnership teamed up for one yesterday, winning at 7-1. That brough Jarvis' form to 3 wins from his last 4. The selection stayed on late but was unable to challenge. Assuming he can build on that effort he should have no problems here.
Close Window

Re: Ripon 25th May RIPON 3:40 Fancy a wee bet on Ordoney. Was with Luca Cumani last year and only been out of the frame once in 8 starts. Has ran well fresh. Runs of a mark of 82 today only beaten 3/4 length of 82 at Wolverhampton last year. 16/1 with bet365 got to be worth a few quid ew.

Re: Ripon 25th May 3.40 Ripon BENCOOLEN ran no sort of race after rearing at the start when seen here forty days ago but the run may have served to blow away a few cobwebs and the horses' inconsistent nature means another no show may not necessarily follow here. He is a classy handicapper when on song, winning in this grade at Glorious Goodwood last season and running well upped in grade at Ascot thereafter. Like many horses he couldn't get into contention in the Cambridgeshire but he acts on this ground and has a fair record over a mile. Off Chance is without a shadow of a doubt the one they have to beat here but the prices has gone and Bencoolen is my alternative. 25/1 SJ

Re: Ripon 25th May 14:40 Ripon 14 runners go to post for this race and it looks like a fairly wide open contest. I'm going to take a chance with one of the least exposed horses in the race with Northern Acres from the Dandy Nicholls yard. The horse is still a maiden after only 5 runs to date so he is still lightly raced. He was gelded before making a reappearance at Musselburgh over 9 furlongs LTO. Was well backed that day but went off too fast and was well beaen back in 7th place. Has been dropped 3lbs for that effort, Billy Cray takes off 5lbs and he takes a drop in class today which should all benefit the horse and could see him spring a surprise here. 0.5pts E/W Northern Acres @ 16/1 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: Ripon 25th May Ripon 14.40 Steel Trade posted what was probably his best effort to date over C&D towards the end of last season in a maiden behind two decent runners. Fast grounds in his favor and if coming on for his first run of the season a career low mark of 65 could see him get his nose in front.:ok 1pt win @ 11/1 coral

Re: Ripon 25th May Ripon - 3:40 Reel Buddy Star Think this horse has a decent chance today. Has only won 3 times in 22 career starts, but two were over today's trip, and today's conditions also look ideal. His handicap mark has slowly been sliding down and is now bottom weight in this race with a mark of 78, which looks very competitive when you consider he hasn't been beaten by that far off a higher mark. P McDonald, who takes the ride, has ridden at Ripon 14 times this season and won 5 of them, showing a massive LSP of £66.50. 14/1 with Skybet.

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event Ripon 16:40
Selection Jay´s Treaty
Strength 10/10
Date 25/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning Ripon 16:40 WIN: Jay´s Treaty 3RD on debut followed by a 2ND last time out. Looked much better lto but no match to BRANNAGH when tried to make all. He was still a length ahead of YASHRID and makes him one to beat after that. There does no appear to be anybody in the caliber on BRANNAGH here. If that is correct it should be hard to get pass the front running selection. M Johnston won 2 from 3 maiden runners yesterday. The winners made all while the lost was just in touch for his debut.
Close Window

14:40 Ripon 14 runners go to post for this race and it looks like a fairly wide open contest. I'm going to take a chance with one of the least exposed horses in the race with Northern Acres from the Dandy Nicholls yard. The horse is still a maiden after only 5 runs to date so he is still lightly raced. He was gelded before making a reappearance at Musselburgh over 9 furlongs LTO. Was well backed that day but went off too fast and was well beaen back in 7th place. Has been dropped 3lbs for that effort, Billy Cray takes off 5lbs and he takes a drop in class today which should all benefit the horse and could see him spring a surprise here. 0.5pts E/W Northern Acres @ 16/1 (Stan James - BOG)
Nice work :clap

Re: Ripon 25th May You dancer :nana:nana Cheers guys, just got back in time for the race and was absolutely delighted. Really like that Billy Cray, he pushed the horse onto the rail right at the start of the race which looked like a fantastic move.

Re: Ripon 25th May 3.40 - Charlie Cool & Reel Buddy Star E/W Won well lto in a class 4 handicap over this trip. Had previously been running over further and is fairly lightly raced over this trip. Won fairly comfortably by 2 lengths off a mark of 77 and is 6lb up for that. Ground isnt a problem and can improve on that run as is still well handicapped on some older form. Also agree with BKI Punter, Reel Buddy Star will appreciate the step back up to a mile where he's done all his winning. Should be capable off this mark based on some of last years efforts and ground isnt a problem. 4.10 - War Of The Roses E/W 15/2 available at Sportingbet looks a great price to me. Had a very good a.w campaign winning class 4/5 handicaps off marks as high as 81. Comes here on his 2nd turf start this year off 62 after running a decent place lto at Bath off a pound higher. Has only had 5 turf starts so would be unfair to say that he cant run on turf. May appreciate a bit of cut in the ground, being a strong a.w performer and lto may have been a furlong to far. This looks a solid e/w bet with only 8 runners imo.

Have to say what a ride from Phil Robinson on Yashrid there' date=' I thought he was beaten on the line but got back up to win :notworthy[/quote'] I still cant believe Yashrid got that, watched it countless times now and it still looks like Music Of The Moor has won. I would feel gutted if i had backed that one. Must have been right on the nod.

I still cant believe Yashrid got that' date=' watched it countless times now and it still looks like Music Of The Moor has won. I would feel gutted if i had backed that one. Must have been right on the nod.[/quote'] Yeah but could have said the same if you were on Yashrid :tongue2 Was a right head bob to the line in the final 50 yards. When you look on the reflection of the print you can just see Yashrid's nose is down on the line.

14:40 Ripon 14 runners go to post for this race and it looks like a fairly wide open contest. I'm going to take a chance with one of the least exposed horses in the race with Northern Acres from the Dandy Nicholls yard. The horse is still a maiden after only 5 runs to date so he is still lightly raced. He was gelded before making a reappearance at Musselburgh over 9 furlongs LTO. Was well backed that day but went off too fast and was well beaen back in 7th place. Has been dropped 3lbs for that effort, Billy Cray takes off 5lbs and he takes a drop in class today which should all benefit the horse and could see him spring a surprise here. 0.5pts E/W Northern Acres @ 16/1 (Stan James - BOG)
Brilliant, I backed it because of your tip.:clap:clap:clap In the 3.40 I also like 3 of the horses mentioned, might stick them in a cheeky rfc - rtc. Ordoney, Bencoolen, Reel buddy star

3.40 Ripon BENCOOLEN ran no sort of race after rearing at the start when seen here forty days ago but the run may have served to blow away a few cobwebs and the horses' inconsistent nature means another no show may not necessarily follow here. He is a classy handicapper when on song, winning in this grade at Glorious Goodwood last season and running well upped in grade at Ascot thereafter. Like many horses he couldn't get into contention in the Cambridgeshire but he acts on this ground and has a fair record over a mile. Off Chance is without a shadow of a doubt the one they have to beat here but the prices has gone and Bencoolen is my alternative. 25/1 SJ
Nice tip Fin, I got 11 on the place on betfair. :clap:clap:clap

Re: Ripon 25th May 4-10 Patavium - Win Won't be inconvenienced by the good-soft ground and has been running consistently well being in the first three in 6 out of it's last 7 runs on the flat. Paul Hanagan takes over the ride today and should get close.

KATHLATINO 4.40 Ripon. 1 point win. The little bit of rain that's come will suit this one better and I think improvement can be seen. A big price now that the ground has eased and should be involved in the finish.
I like this one as well, nice price on Betfair.

Re: Ripon 25th May Some really excellent results today. 2-40 Northern Aces - Won 16/1 adv :ok 3-10 Yashrid - Won 5/2f :ok (Won by a very short nose) 3-40 Charlie Cool - Won 5/1 :ok & Bencoolen - 3rd 33/1 :clap 4-10 Patavium - Won 11/2 :ok 4-40 Kathlatino - 2nd 20/1 :clap (Headed near the line) Very well done! :)

Re: Ripon 25th May thanks boys, well done to the rest though for nailing the winners :clap Verisi, hard luck on Kathalino. I was on that too and thought she'd done enough until the stray got up late on. Great price though, hard lines.