** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Windsor (eve) - 24th May

7.10 Windsor This looks a tight race and several have chances but at the price I think Stuart Williams' EARLSMEDIC is the value in the race. He has done all of his winning over six furlongs so I can look beyond some recent all-weather efforts over shorter, when he has actually performed better than the bare margins of defeat have suggested. He has slipped back down to a winning mark and looks well-handicapped relative to his all-weather form. With winning form on fast ground he is my main bet in the race, but at juicy odds GWILYM is also suggested as a saver selection. A course and distance winner, the seven-year-old returns from a break so may need the run, but he has run well fresh before and looks a nice price for the in-form Tom Queally. Earlsmedic 14/1 Bet 365,EW Gwilym 20/1 Bet 365, saver win

Re: Windsor (eve) - 24th May 7.10 Windsor A very tough looking handicap and with a frustrating favourite and far too short to risk, Anne of Kiev is clearly in good heart but her running style has got her into trouble last twice and is a risky proposition at 9/4 would need to be a ew price for me personally. I am shocked to see Sometsuke as big as 5/1 in early market, he has been race on aw and soft ground mainly and shown little yet when he raced on fast ground maiden at bath he was 2nd, and then again on fast ground last time out in handicap company he romped home by 5 lengths, still lightly raced and now got the winning thread and racing fast ground again he could prove a massive danger to all not drawn to badly in stall 9 neither I see no reason he shouldnt be a 3-4/1 shot! My other interest lies in a winter AW improver Spinning Bailiwick, showed little in channel islands on turf but improved out of recognition on aw throughout winter improving 30lb in the handicap and is still 5lb above last winning mark and didnt look to be exactly improving towards end of aw season but was badly hampered on penultimate start and maybe confidence was knocked so is worth a chance to see if new yard can carry on that improvement back on turf. 0.25pt e/w spinning bailiwick 25/1 bet365 0.25pt e/w Sometsuk 5/1 bet365

Re: Windsor (eve) - 24th May 19:10 Windsor Anne Of Kiev is a horse I have been following pretty closely and I feel she is just due to go in very soon. She has won twice on the AW at Wolverhampton over the minimum trip with her latest coming off todays mark of 75. Has yet to win on turf but is still pretty unexposed on turf with only 4 runs to date where she has placed once but her last two efforts can be ignored having being denied a clear run on both occasions over today's trip of 6 furlongs. She was short of room on more than one occasion LTO at Doncaster but still managed to run on strongly to take 4th place which is very encouraging. That was a similar story over this course and distance on her penultimate start where she was twice denied a run, she finished 7th that day but did keep on again near the end despite having no chance. She has also placed over 6 furlongs at Wolverhampton so the trip is sure to suit. Its not always favourable to be held up at Windsor but if she can get a clear run tonight I have no doubts in my mind that she will finally win a race on turf at the 5th time of asking. Anne Of Kiev @ 5/2 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: Windsor (eve) - 24th May 7.10 Like the look of Vhujon here at a price of 25/1 VC. Has a few drawbacks, looks yards 2nd string on jockey booking with the claimer yet to have a winner yet, that doesnt look positive. However, comes here today over ideal trip and ground off a very low mark. Does struggle to win these days but normally runs a decent race, won at the start of last year off 81. A.W campaign was well below what this one achieved on the flat last year, running very well in class 2/3 handicaps. The return to the flat here could help, with the 7lb claim making this one look dangerously well handicapped. Will also have a small bet on front runner Victorian Bounty who has rarely been seen over the last couple of years. Back in 2008 won a class 2 handicap off 86 and runs here today off 80. Had to runs last year over 5 which werent terrible, so hopefully back up to 6f can help. Quite speculative but possible worth a go at 40/1 e/w with stanjames if showing some past form.

Re: Windsor (eve) - 24th May good winner stusimmy Wheres susie is the one for me, i have looked at the other horses and there are a few negatives for me with the weights they are carrying etc. Maslak deserves to be favourite but not at 5/4 ish, wheres susie should be suited by the track and 7.8 i took on Betfair for 4pts. The horse always runs a decent race and can get the better of Maslak and Silent act in what looks like a guaranteed 1-2-3 in this 5 runner race

Re: Windsor (eve) - 24th May

19:10 Windsor Anne Of Kiev is a horse I have been following pretty closely and I feel she is just due to go in very soon. She has won twice on the AW at Wolverhampton over the minimum trip with her latest coming off todays mark of 75. Has yet to win on turf but is still pretty unexposed on turf with only 4 runs to date where she has placed once but her last two efforts can be ignored having being denied a clear run on both occasions over today's trip of 6 furlongs. She was short of room on more than one occasion LTO at Doncaster but still managed to run on strongly to take 4th place which is very encouraging. That was a similar story over this course and distance on her penultimate start where she was twice denied a run, she finished 7th that day but did keep on again near the end despite having no chance. She has also placed over 6 furlongs at Wolverhampton so the trip is sure to suit. Its not always favourable to be held up at Windsor but if she can get a clear run tonight I have no doubts in my mind that she will finally win a race on turf at the 5th time of asking. Anne Of Kiev @ 5/2 (Stan James - BOG)
Long deserved winner been running well but oftens hits trouble!! Well done stu!!

Re: Windsor (eve) - 24th May Cheers bowles, drifted out to a nice price too, shame I didn't include it in as a single in my thread which was stupid of me, thought it would have went off shorter and was confident in my other selection which unfortunately didn't win :sad EDIT - Cheers as well Chris, was indeed a well deserved win from the horse, must have been frustaring for the owners etc. knowing that it could have won races before now if everything had fallen right but I guess thats all a part of racing.