** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

VIP Poker League Season 3

teaulc

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 If possible, try to keep some sort of monthly prize or other incentive to play other than the live final overall league. Otherwise, as you get nearer to the final date, those who have already assured their qualification may not bother to play and those who have no chance of qualifying will give up.

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Hi all, thanks for the continued comments. We should hopefully get some kind of solution today to move this league forward. Rest assured, if things for whatever reason do not get worked out, we do have a couple of other ideas to get it back on track. I'm not going to let this league die!! I've put too much work into it so far and, besides, I quite like my job!! Cheers, James

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Quick update, as posted in our forum. All minimum entry requirements are being scrapped, along with the guarantees. This SHOULD happen from tonight, worse case it will be from tomorrow. There will DEFINITELY be a live final - we're just working out what the value of that should be (to reflect the participants) and what the qualification criteria will be. There will also definitely be some kind of added incentives along the way - such as weekly prizes or whatever. Those of us that have supported us throughout this blip, we're grateful. Hope we can now get things back on track. Cheers, James

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 I presume tonight's got cancelled as money was back in my account again and no trace of the tourney listed when I got home a little after 8pm. Thurs and Sun tourneys were in the lobby with the $500 gtee. I regd for tomorrow already but suppose I better check again as they'll presumably set up a new one if they change the details and I'll end up not in it. (I'm unlikely to be there for the start, as usual :eyes)

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Apologies for the cut and paste, but this is what I've just posted in our forum. It's not a perfect solution, but it allows us to keep things going and there is still some decent added value. We're also giving a choice about where to hold the final, so that might help a little. Hi all, Ok, here it is. The league is going to continue over the same period, with the same scoring system. Players will earn points in the same way, and only the top two scores will count. There will be no minimum requirements for the tournaments, and there will be no guarantees. There will be no mini season prizes, but there will be increased weekly prizes (approx $150 worth each week). Last weeks and this weeks scores WILL NOT count towards the league, but we will be giving away the weekly prizes to those who did well in last weeks tournament, and for the remaining two this week. There will be a Live Final, with 50 runners qualifying (exact qualification criteris to be announced tomorrow). The Live final will have a prizepool based on how many regular players we have in the tournament. A regular player will be someone who enters at least 20 tournaments across the whole series. For every regular player, there will be $100 in the prizepool. However, we a GUARANTEEING a minimum of $5,000. If we get 50 or less regular players then it will still be $5,000. We will select a minimum of 3 locations for the final, and will give players the chance to vote on which location suits them best. The most popular location will be used. Full terms and conditions will be released tomorrow. We realise this is a bit of a reduction in what we had planned - but then we've had much lower participation than we expected. This way, players can play KNOWING that there WILL DEFINITELY be a Live Final, albeit a probably reduced one. However, this enables us to keep the league going and in the meantime we can work even harder on getting more players involved, and we can plan for future seasons too. Thanks again to everyone for the support, and I hope this proposal is satisfactory to you all! James

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Sounds good James. :clap Sorry, only just looked in on the VIP forum tonight - see you've had some good input on there. :ok Re this:

Last weeks and this weeks scores WILL NOT count towards the league, but we will be giving away the weekly prizes to those who did well in last weeks tournament, and for the remaining two this week.
Not sure whether you mean 2 sets of weekly prizes? Those that 'did well' in last week's one game had the benefit of the added value in the guarantee anyway so maybe there's a fair way to combine the 2 weeks (3 games) into one period.

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Hi AvonGirl, That's a fair point about last weeks winners. Perhaps we'll combine the results over last weeks tournament and the two this week. We'll get a definitive today. Sadly, the turnout last night was pretty poor (lowest number of registrations yet!) but I can understand that of course. We're thinking of putting back the "official" start of the league a couple of weeks, to give us a bit more time to explain the changes and try and re-engage those who have registered but aren't taking part. We can also use this time to decide upon the location for the final and determine exact qualification criteria. One thought we had was to run the next two weeks tournaments as "warm-up" tournaments. The scores don't count towards the actual league, but we'll put some added value in them in one way or another. This gives us a couple of weeks to build up some more momentum while the tournaments are still there and being played. Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Cheers, James

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 The new format has been confirmed - link to details on VIP forum here So a couple of weeks of warm-ups with weekly prizes only, then the league starts proper on 29th June running for 13 weeks leading up to the live final. Although the individual tournament guarantee has gone, there's still plenty of added value from the weekly prizes alone, plus a chance to get into the $5000 gtd live final. Anyone not yet registered who wants to play click the link above for details of how to join in. :ok (As far as I know this is still UK only)

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Hi WASP, I understand that reaction and expect we have lost a number of players due to the uncertainty surround this season so far. To be fair, we tried to offer the absolute maximum value we could to this season and that came with some minimum requirements. Unfortunately, despite receiving plenty of registrations for the league, the participation was way below expectation and we had to try and salvage something for those that did want to play. We are very committed to this league, both in the "here and now" and it's longer term future. We will continue to work hard to offer players a fun league and plenty of added value. While this season has been nowhere near as "slick" as we would like it to be, we will aim to be better and next season should have a lot more clarity from the outset. Hopefully we will be able to attract you back at some point, along with others we have lost along the way. I'm very grateful to those that have continue to support the league and offered us invaluable feedback along the way. Cheers, James

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 My post is a copy/paste from the VIP Poker League site. :ok As far as I know it's a $5.50 tournament ticket, presume it's an open one. I'm not that familiar with bwin site so wasn't really sure where to expect to find it. (I know when it's a specific tournament the ticket shows alongside in the lobby.) It wouldn't let me reg for the game as I didn't have enough funds in my account so I presume ticket hadn't been credited, though I'm sure I read it said it would be within 24hrs.

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Just checked now and my account has been credited with the money rather than a token.:ok The history shows it as credited on 18th, but it definitely wasn't there then as I could not register for Sunday's game due to insufficient funds (I was down to $3).

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 James, are you sure you want this league to be a success? i would have thought in the last few days you would be emailing,spamming sites/forums etc but tbh ....nothing. if you get more than 20 tomorrow night i would be very surprised and tbh again ..disappointed. do you have Facebook? that would be another avenue you could have gone down. come on James, kick some life into this :ok:ok

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Hi, Well spamming is not really our thing to be honest and I'm not sure what else we can do. We don't want to create any bad feeling about the league anywhere by announcing it without permission on any forums - and we have approached some forums about getting permission. I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as saying we're giving up, but we are kind of out ideas. We've targetted our existing members hard (1,500 members), everyone that has played in past leagues (around 300) and we've sent out marketing material to several hundred pubs that play poker. I don't want to have to accept the fact that the league is not as appealing to people as we thought, but the we have had over 150 people register for the league and you've obviously seen how many are actually taking part!! I still believe once the league starts "proper" the numbers will jump up again - after all, people are pretty much guaranteed a place at the final! If not, then I guess we have to think again about how we do things for future seasons, if indeed there is a demand for future seasons!! James

• 4 weeks later...

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 i really dont know what else i got to with this league,2nd week running i am out 1st hand,,last week i get KK 1st hand hit King on flop and vic has 10/j for a flush and then tonight i am out 1st hand with a Full House rivered by a bigger Full House,, i have 10/10 he has Q/10 to get runner runner Queen Queen :eyes

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3

i really dont know what else i got to with this league' date='2nd week running i am out 1st hand,,last week i get KK 1st hand hit King on flop and vic has 10/j for a flush and then tonight i am out 1st hand with a Full House rivered by a bigger Full House,, i have 10/10 he has Q/10 to get runner runner Queen Queen :eyes[/quote'] You need to get in when you are behind Al - thats the secret ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 I fear the worst for this league, with numbers dropping week to week. I Have posted on the VIP forum to this effect, that if people do not see their progress in the league and receive their prizes on a week to week basis, interest will fall away. Tonight sees the start of week 7, but results are only in for up to end of week 4. James hasnt been seen on the VIP forum since 26th July, maybe he is on holiday, I don't know? It doesn't bode well! I am owed between $60-$75 for weeks 5 & 6, not a lot of coin I know, but until this is sorted I won't be playing any more for the time being.