** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010

Theres no way anyone can say theres value in betting australia. But the pakistani teams that have surprised us, have had Mhd. Yusuf, Younis Khan, Shoib Malik etc.. This team is still without character. Misbah-ul-haq is a complete joke. If i have the australian team working hard to make me money, i feel safe. This is the semis and australians WILL work hard. Lets go big on this one ! Ajmal looks like a good bet. All the best.
Yeah wasn't getting at you mate. Was just saying I think Australia will win but I don't bet at the price. Particularly in this format haven't been burnt too often in the past :$. Landslide Aussie win with an Ajmal 5 for an we're both happy :cheers.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah wasn't getting at you mate. Was just saying I think Australia will win but I don't bet at the price. Particularly in this format haven't been burnt too often in the past :$. Landslide Aussie win with an Ajmal 5 for an we're both happy :cheers.
tbh... your wish of ajmal 5 for is looking more probable, then mine :lol Lets hope aussies show us that they can win from anywhere. Though my confidence has come down a looong way southwards, from where it was ;) But i will lose gracefully. Go aussie !!

tbh... your wish of ajmal 5 for is looking more probable, then mine :lol Lets hope aussies show us that they can win from anywhere. Though my confidence has come down a looong way southwards, from where it was ;) But i will lose gracefully. Go aussie !!
Thats what i mean when i say lets go biggggg on aussie ! HA HA HA :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy +7.8 for the day +26.8 overall.

There's a bet at decent odds that appeals to me this afternoon's semi. Australia v Pakistan Best Economy Rate (Only These 6 count, Each Player Must Bowl 2 overs or NR and Rule 4 Applies) 2pts Shaun Tait @ 5/1 (Stan James) 0.5pts Mohammad Aamer @ 9/2 (Stan James) Purely from a stats point of view Shaun Tait looks like a cracking price. I've looked back over each side's 5 games so far in the tournament and calculated runs per ball allowed for each of the 6 named bowlers: Tait 0.780 - 5/1 Johnson 0.942 - 9/2 Aamer 1.018 - 9/2 Ajmal 1.117 - 7/2 Rehman 1.286 - 5/1 Nannes 1.296 - 7/2 Tait comes out comfortably on top, and that's from 16.4 overs so it's not as if he's just a few overs and been economical. He's my main bet, but just in case Australia have a mare and/or Pakistan find some form from somewhere I am having a small saver on the best rated Pakistan bowler, Aamer. :hope
Top shout on Shaun Tait, I followed after reading both the post and its stats, was more than enough to follow ya on it :ok Cheers :cheers

Australia v Pakistan Best Economy Rate (Only These 6 count, Each Player Must Bowl 2 overs or NR and Rule 4 Applies) 2pts Shaun Tait @ 5/1 (Stan James) 0.5pts Mohammad Aamer @ 9/2 (Stan James)
Shaun Tait does the biz at nice juicy odds :clap
Top shout on Shaun Tait, I followed after reading both the post and its stats, was more than enough to follow ya on it :ok Cheers :cheers
Good stuff mate - glad you were on. Couldn't understand why he was the outsider of the 6 given the stats :ok

Shaun Tait does the biz at nice juicy odds :clap Good stuff mate - glad you were on. Couldn't understand why he was the outsider of the 6 given the stats :ok
Yeh, I could not understand either, seeing how he was not the favourite to win was enough to convince me to bet on him to deliver the goods :ok

Sport Cricket
Event England v Australia
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning I've been backing England all tournament and this price is definately big enough for me to do so again. I believe they can win this and I believe they believe they can win it. Australia have been excellent in this tournament too, but the bowling looked very suspect when conditions didn't suit against Pakistan. They made a huge effort to chase that total down, but do some of those guys have that effort in them again? I'm really looking forward to this match and I think England will nick this.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 On the night of the Pakistan - Australia semi final, England came very close to winning their first world cup. Now again, they have a huge hurdle to cross. Ideally, you can only control your side of the draw and you should not worry about the other side. But its easier said than done. Now, they must be wondering what one has to do to beat this australian side. Who can score 53 off 16 balls after being 7 down, and chasing ! Absolutely marvellous from Mr. Cricket. Boy has he justified his title. Three bets for me for the finals. 10/10 Australia to beat England @ 1.58 betfair I am not going to give any reasons for this, as all of them can be counter argued. Its more of the confidence i have had in Australia throughout the tournament. I usually am a balanced punter, but not when australia is playing. And definetely not when they are in such form that they think they can win from anywhere. Another team i have favoured throughout the tournament is England, but sadly i think its time for them to lose another world cup. 5/10 Mitchell Johnson to beat Steve Smith @ 8/11 William Hill On this barbados wicket, one thing u can be sure is that it will favour the quicks more. So to get a match bet of a seamer against a spinner is good for us. More so when the spinner is not a world class bowler. He might not even bowl his full quota of overs, if he gets the stick. On the other hand, Mitchell Johnson will more often than not bowl his full quota and even one wicket might win him this bet. So i feel very confident abt this one. 1/10 Eoin Morgan top England Batsman @ 5/1 William Hill Eoin Morgan will again be playing a key role here if england are to make a match out of this. Once the opening overs are gonna, he and KP will be responsible for keeping the runrate moving. Think this is a good price with only 1 or 2 real competetors for the top scorer. Obvs these bets are very risky to call, and its more of a gut feeling. So small stakes. Another bet i am tempted to make is morgan to beat collingwood, but just not able to find the confidence to make it. Collingwood is a big match player. So will keep that on hold, atleast for now. Go aussie! One last time! Good Luck all.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 2 for me in what will hopefully be a belting final. 4pts Australia Most 6's 10/11 Blue Square This price immediately looks a little high to me. If we look at the bare stats we'll see England have hit 29 6's in the competition so far, an average of 4.83 per match while Australia have hit 54 at an average of 9 per match. That clearly favours Australia but so does this wicket I think. The pace and bounce along with short boundaries not only favours their batsmen who can get under the ball but their new ball attack of Nannes and Tait who are very hard to play on this wicket. England's top 3 tend to deal in 4's more than 6's. Lumb has 18 4's to his name so far but only 3 6's while Pietersen has 20 4's to 6 6's. Only Kieswetter has a close to 50/50 split with his record 13/9 in 4's and 6's. So Australia are unlikely to be hit early and if they can make a couple of inroads then the big hitters of Morgan and Wright may have to be more cautious. Australia are naturally the much bigger hitting team and I'm really surprised we can get 10/11 here but I'll happily take it. 3pts England Over 10.5 4's 5/6 Ladbrokes As I mentioned above, England's top 3 tend to score more 4's than 6's and as such I like this bet. The top 3 alone have 51 4's to their name in the 6 matches so far and England in total have 79 4's which works out at an average of just over 13 per game. In the 3 matches they played in Barbados in the earlier stages of the tournament, England hit 16 4's in all 3 matches. The Aussie bowlers are harder to get away for 6's but these boundaries are plenty short enough for the 3 Lions' men to get boundaries along the floor. England could need a rebuilding job at some point which would point to 4's being looked for more than 6's so at this line I'm happy to take the overs.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Got the 4's bet in but not the 6's one. Small 1.5pt loss on the day but with the Jayawardene top batsman bet coming in at 22/1 and the highest score never threatening 218 I end the tournament +46.37pts. Well done to all who made a profit in what was an excellent tournament. And England are the champions :nana:nana:nana.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Missed the Tournament highest innings bet, the first match had already started :wall Managed to get on Jayawardene though ;) Although paid out @ 20/1 by Lads so guess I was late getting on that one as well!! Of my 3 bowling picks... Benn and the Windies under-performed... Hauritz is still on the team coach having never got off it!! Shame you don't get Non-Runners!! Smith, his replacement, took 11 i think finishing about 3rd.... Swann, shared 5th for a 1.813 return...6pts staked so a personal loss of 4.187pts... thank god for Kev's picks! Congrats to everyone with winning tips and those that made a profit... and of course ENGLAND - WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! :drums

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 You can really say that England deserved to be the champions. Australians bowling totally got exposed. Pakistan showed the way, but couldnt finish it. England finished it in style. Really happy for them. -11 on the final. +15.8 overall.

1pt ew M.Jayawardene Top Tournament Runscorer 22/1 Blue Square (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) Amazingly, from almost nowhere, Mahela Jayawardene ended up 6th in the overall run charts in the IPL and that's despite batting down the order for the Kings XI to begin with. I waited a while to see if Sri Lanka were going to push Jayawardene up to open having stated they see Jayasuriya as more of a middle order batsman now, and in their warm up match they did so I'm happy to get involved. Mahela's a great batsman to watch. So elegant but it gets biffed when it needs to. These low, slow wickets will play right into Mahela's hands with his low hands and nudges and nurdles. He plays spin well, comes into this event in terrific form and assuming he does open could become a big price rather quickly.
:clap:clap Nice work Kev, even if I wasn't on. :ok to everyone else who came out ahead.