Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010

Sport Cricket
Event Australia v West Indies
Selection Lay West Indies (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
Reasoning They don't need to win, but they just like winning :-). Australia have looked brilliant in this tournament, and can't see them letting up in this game. The short bowling is top quality and has ripped through India and Sri Lanka. West Indies needing a win this is just set up for a big collapse from them. Gayle may be able to stand up to them, but I can't see any of the others doing well. Australia are also batting really well, top order and middle order seem in good nick. They recovered to get a good score against good Sri Lankan bowling, can see them doing really well against what the Windies will serve up.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Sanga, you are getting embarassing now :eyes. India 119/2 off 14 overs. 8.5 an over. Perera has bowled 1 over which went for 3. Thushara 2 overs which went for 27. Who bowls? Thushara :eyes:eyes.

Small one for todays first game...... 4pts India to hit more 6's than Sri Lanka at Evens with BlueSquare This may have been staked higher if the forecast was a bit better for St. Lucia this evening. India have not performed as everyone expected this tournament and as a result only have an outside chance of reaching the semi finals. Despite that they have hit 30 6's so far, 8 more than the Sri Lankans, and with players like Yuvraj, Dhoni, Sharma and Raina i fancy them to hit a few tonight. They have already played 2 matches at this venue and have hit a combined total of 16 maximums whilst overall here there has been 68 hit in 6 matches. Sri Lanka have the tournaments top batsman in their line-up but although they do have some potential big hitters, i feel more of their batsmen are prepared to nudge and time their shots for 4 whilst the Indians have more men whose first instinct is to put the ball out the ground. With India's line-up looking more explosive and them going out there to try and prove a point, im happy to take this.
Loss after that short shower of 6's

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 YOU FUNNY RUSS....LOL...I DONT NORMALLY DO CRICKET AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT SEEING AS I,VE GOT MY BET365 ACCOUNT BACK I FOLLOWED YOUR TIP KEV AS YOU SEEM TO EXCEL AT EVERYTHING ELSE....1 BET 1 WIN...QUICKLY FOLLOWED BY OVERS IN THE BLACKPOOL MATCH...LOL...KEEP THE TIPS COMING KEV YOU THE MAN:beer

Two games tonight. But am gonna leave IND-SL alone. Both teams have won and lost convincingly and its very difficult to call. SL beat Windies convincingly and lost to aussies by 80 odd runs after having them 30/4. India on the other hand beat ZAF convincingly, only to lose the next 2 games badly. So 2 markets and 3 bets for the Windies-Aussie game. 10/10 Australia to beat West Indies 1.47 Betfair No team has even come close to beating the Australians. And I dont see the Windies doing it. Specially with Gayle being their main player and the aussie opening bowling on fire. They have taken the opening opposition wickets in the following way: Sri Lanka 26-4 Pakistan 34-3 B'desh 15-4 India 23-4 (50-7) It will need a special effort from Pollard or Bravo to get a decent total on the board. Or chase. Which leads to my second market. 2/10 Bravo Top West Indies Bat @ 13/2 William Hill 2/10 Pollard Top West Indies Bat @ 8/1 William Hill The reason for this bet i have already given above. Hope Aussies keep taking early wickets. Then this bet has a strong chance of coming in. But, as always, its a lil risky bet. Please bear with the font and style of writing, am still getting a hang of it. Takes me less time to narrow down on bets, more to write. Oh well, as long as they come in ;) Good Luck all.
Aussie win was never really in doubt. Gayle went early as expected. Should have brought the top scorer in ! but bravo got a straight drive run out. Was almost sure i had it when polly hit a 4 and a 6, just needed another 13 from him and 8/1 was in. Oh well, thats gambling. Lets keep trying ;) Got a good run for my money though. Still +0.7 for today and +14.1 overall.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Profit is profit mate ;). Bit annoying that Australia were chasing such a low total last night which meant they never looked to hit 6's. Slight profit on the day for me with Sri Lanka's win.

3pts MS.Dhoni to beat Y.Singh - Tournament Match Bet - 6/5 Boylesports I think this is a decent price for India's captain. We saw in the IPL that Yuvraj was struggling a bit with his game and while he got a bit better towards the end, I don't think he was that much better. Dhoni's full of quality. He oozes class and at some point in this tournament he'll have to play a couple of big innings for his country. I've a sneaky feeling Dhoni may well bat ahead of Yuvraj in this batting lineup which would give him a better chance of scoring more than Yuvraj over the tournament. These wickets won't suit Yuvraj's style of play so I'm happy to take Dhoni at odds against. 3pts S.Chanderpaul to beat R.Sarwan - Tournament Match Bet - Evs Boylesports This is another match bet I like the look of. Although you can't guage everything by warm up matches, it's interesting that Chanderpaul opened against New Zealand and hit a decent half century in the process. Sarwan batted 4 but if he's batting there then he's likely to be shunted down the order if there's a decent partnership above him, to allow Pollard and even Smith if he plays, to come in and propel a total up. Chanderpaul's instructions will be to bat out the innings a la Kallis in the IPL while the rest play freely around him. That's a role Chanderpaul plays as well as most so at Evs I like this match bet.
It did end up being another decent day for my outrights with these two now settled as winners. That puts me +19.87 for the tournament if we include the outrights and matches together. +13.27 for the matches so far and +6.6 for the outrights with a further 12pts more of outrights still running for me, 2 of which are looking very very good for me at very tasty prices :hope. Another confirmed winner for ani's lucky 63. That's starting to look like a seriously nice earner for you mate :hope Warner and KP can bring in the 5 for you :ok.

Profit is profit mate ;).
Yeah its better then paying out to these damn bookies !! ;) Good to see your SL bet come in. It was 20/1 on betfair, 3-4 overs to go, i think !! I just wanted to stay away from that game. Felt it was too unpredictable with Sri Lanka wanting to qualify first safely and then go for the kill. Such games are tough to call. What a disappointment India's performance has been this tourney. I think IPL might kill Indian cricket. Just as EPL killed English soccer. Rest for me today. Back to work tom. You, btw, can go back to darts, tennis, golf, soccer, greyhounds etc. ;) Good Luck.

Rest for me today. Back to work tom. You, btw, can go back to darts, tennis, golf, soccer, greyhounds etc. ;) Good Luck.
Day off for me today as well mate. I say day off, I'll look into a few things regarding a couple of series coming up but a day off betting today certainly. Will be back refreshed for the KO stages of this tomorrow :cow.

Sport Cricket
Event England Sri Lanka
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 13/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.86 (Back)
Reasoning I've been backingEngland all tournament and I don't see any reason to stop now. They are getting a lot of things right, batting, bowling, mentality all seem to be great. KP is a bit of a concern going home and coming back, but he could be OK. I think we've got a bit more firepower than Sri Lanka and more guys in form. Jayawardene was incredible at the start of the tournament, but he's had a couple of blanks and his form may have just gone at the wrong time. Others in the batting line up are struggling, whereas England just seems to have all guys in form. The bowling is good from both sides, and this should be a good game. But I'll go for England as I've been backing them a lot and they haven't let me down.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 One for me tomorrow at the minute. Will look at the side markets tomorrow and maybe come back with something else. 4pts Sri Lanka to beat England 11/10 Blue Square I'm all over Sri Lanka here. England have been brilliant so far in this tournament but without being too harsh on them I do have to question exactly what they've beaten. I don't think they've beaten too much if I'm honest. Pakistan were woeful and South Africa and New Zealand are both struggling bigtime with the bat. Sri Lanka haven't beaten much more but I'm not taking 4/5 on Sri Lanka. To be fair, Sri Lanka came through a tougher super 8's group and but for Sangakkara not going for the throat when Australia were in trouble they could have topped that group. England are 99% certain to welcome Kevin Pietersen back into their side which is a big boost for Paul Collingwood's men. Barring a late injury it's hard to envisage any more chances to an outfit which is looking nicely oiled as each game passes by. The emphasis will be on Bresnan and Sidebottom to see off Jayawardene early. Sri Lanka must make a couple of changes you'd think. Jayasuriya has done nothing all tournament and with Dilshan returning to form you'd think he can go back to open and Chandimal come into the middle order. Ajantha Mendis has to come into the side. Thilan Thushara bowled 4 pretty crap overs against India and could be the one to go. Conditions in St Lucia are set up for Sri Lanka. The wicket is low, slow and it'll turn. It's not too different to pitching up in Columbo. Jayawardene carried their batting early on but worrying for England, Sri Lanka chased down 164 against India with Jayawardene hitting only 4 of them so their batting could be coming into form at the right time as far as Sri Lanka are concerned. If they put in another good batting display, and I see no reason now why they won't, then I think Sri Lanka have the ammunition to win this game and win it a shade comfortably. I'm amazed Sri Lanka are as big as 11/10 in this match but I won't complain, I'll take Sangakkara's men to win this 1st semi final.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 We are into the knock-out stages of world cup and now its the time where teams like england under perform and sides like pakistan become very dangerous. Its a lottery that Pakistan are even in semis. Outright bets are hard to call i think. England is the inform team. They will keep swinging in the power play and hope to continue the run rate with the likes of KP, Morgan and Colly. On the other side, Lankans must be high on confidence after the way they pulled off the win against India. Three important things there, were : 1) Jayawardena got out cheaply and they still chased down 164. 2) Dilshan their best T20 player overall, hit a few cracking blows and seemed to find some form. 3) The upper order can now bat a little freely, aware that the likes of Angelo & kapugedara are there to clear the boundaries. So its a cracker of a match we have on our hands. 3/10 KP to beat Michael Lumb @ 4/5 William Hill This is a pressure match and quality will matter here. Lumb will as usual try to hit over the top and try to make a quick 20-25. Might succumb to the slower balls from the Lankans. KP on the other end will set himself up to play a little longer innings and give england a chance to win the match. At these odds i like this bet. 3/10 England Highest first 6 over total @ 5/6 William Hill This is purely on the basis of team strategy. England play to score in the power play and SL dont open with malinga. On the other end, Lankans charge later in the innings. Though Jayawardena can play fast, i think the fact that Bresnan will bowl 3 of the 6 overs in the powerplay, and he is in decent form, this bet has a good chance of coming in. As usual both the bets are a little risky ;) Good luck all.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Sammy had his chance with a high score in the 20's but came in and choked up a first ball duck redface.gif Two small bets for today's semi final both with Hills Batsmen special Morgan to beat Collingwood 1.8 Morgan is the class player in the Eng outfit, he's outscored Collingwood 4/5 times in this tournament. There's a clear difference in current form/confidence and Collingwood has the added pressure of the captaincy which can't help his batting. This far outweighs the negative of Colly coming in one place before Morgan. Totals Special No 50's to be scored in the match @3.5 England haven't conceded a 50 to anyone this tournament and with one of the main dangers Jayawardene seeming to have lost a bit of form, i think they have a decent chance of repeating the act here. On the other side of the bat England's only real dangers are Peiterson and Morgan. It's a bonus for this that KP's been away at the birth of his son. There must be an increased chance that he won't fire here with the travelling and lack of preparation. As for Morgan he comes in low enough down the order to reduce his chances of making a half century. A bit more luck is needed with this one admittedly but that is reflected in the higher price. I still think there is a bit of value there in what could be a low scoring affair.

What a disappointment India's performance has been this tourney. I think IPL might kill Indian cricket. Just as EPL killed English soccer.
I know what you mean but i would have to say that India's performance was entirely predictable. They chose completely the wrong team. There are so many egocentric players in Indian cricket which is perhaps not surprising as they are treated with hysterical adoration at home. Gambhir/Yuvraj should not have been playing in my opinion. They need to go with the younger hungrier players rather than the old established names...it's a perpetual problem just look back to the crazy stuff concerning Ganguly when he was left out of the test team a while back. The Indian national set up is all very very political and until that changes i can't see them winning tournaments like this...

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Let's not forget it wasn't too dissimilar a squad which won the 1st competition for India. IMO they made 2 mistakes. Replacing Sehwag with Vijay and not Uthappa and taking Chawla and not Mishra. Not playing Sharma early doors was a mistake but they worked that out quickly enough. Taking Vijay as a replacement for Sehwag was daft. I know he splattered that ton against Rajasthan in the IPL but everyone scored that day. Uthappa did it throughout the tournament. Mishra is just twice the bowler Chawla is.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 I don't think the IPL is as bad for Indian cricket as some are making out. The biggest mistake in my opinion was selecting the squad almost at the start of the IPL and as a result losing the opportunity to pick the in form players such as Uthappa, Pragyan Ojha, R.Ashwin etc. But in the end they couldn't handle the short ball once again so did not deserve to progress. On a lighter note, Ravindra Jadeja top bowler? Which idiot could have possibly suggested that...:puke But still some great tipping on here over the last few days which is what the PL is all about.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Squad selection had a lot of errors and we didnt have the best players playing for the country, thats a given. What i really meant was that with IPL, these players have had fame, money, parties, everything. Dont think they will have the hunger n the fire to go and perform for the country. Being an indian, i'd love to be proved wrong. Sports is all about discipline and hard work. The IPL NIGHTS theme have taken its toll on players. And its not rocket science. We all feel a little dehydrated and lathargic, if we have had a few drinks too many the night before. And we just have office work to do. These players have to perform at international level ! Lets hope there is some discipline brought back to the squad. International cricket needs india. Also Indian fans deserve a better performance.

Let's not forget it wasn't too dissimilar a squad which won the 1st competition for India. IMO they made 2 mistakes. Replacing Sehwag with Vijay and not Uthappa and taking Chawla and not Mishra. Not playing Sharma early doors was a mistake but they worked that out quickly enough. Taking Vijay as a replacement for Sehwag was daft. I know he splattered that ton against Rajasthan in the IPL but everyone scored that day. Uthappa did it throughout the tournament. Mishra is just twice the bowler Chawla is.
It was a crime to not take Robin Utthappa to the world cup.

One for me tomorrow at the minute. Will look at the side markets tomorrow and maybe come back with something else. 4pts Sri Lanka to beat England 11/10 Blue Square I'm all over Sri Lanka here. England have been brilliant so far in this tournament but without being too harsh on them I do have to question exactly what they've beaten. I don't think they've beaten too much if I'm honest. Pakistan were woeful and South Africa and New Zealand are both struggling bigtime with the bat. Sri Lanka haven't beaten much more but I'm not taking 4/5 on Sri Lanka. To be fair, Sri Lanka came through a tougher super 8's group and but for Sangakkara not going for the throat when Australia were in trouble they could have topped that group. England are 99% certain to welcome Kevin Pietersen back into their side which is a big boost for Paul Collingwood's men. Barring a late injury it's hard to envisage any more chances to an outfit which is looking nicely oiled as each game passes by. The emphasis will be on Bresnan and Sidebottom to see off Jayawardene early. Sri Lanka must make a couple of changes you'd think. Jayasuriya has done nothing all tournament and with Dilshan returning to form you'd think he can go back to open and Chandimal come into the middle order. Ajantha Mendis has to come into the side. Thilan Thushara bowled 4 pretty crap overs against India and could be the one to go. Conditions in St Lucia are set up for Sri Lanka. The wicket is low, slow and it'll turn. It's not too different to pitching up in Columbo. Jayawardene carried their batting early on but worrying for England, Sri Lanka chased down 164 against India with Jayawardene hitting only 4 of them so their batting could be coming into form at the right time as far as Sri Lanka are concerned. If they put in another good batting display, and I see no reason now why they won't, then I think Sri Lanka have the ammunition to win this game and win it a shade comfortably. I'm amazed Sri Lanka are as big as 11/10 in this match but I won't complain, I'll take Sangakkara's men to win this 1st semi final.
Not sure I can bring myself to follow this with Sangakkara still captain!! If Sri Lanka bat first and Kumar is attempting to orchestrate Englands downfall in the run chase.... anything is possible... he might bring himself on for the last over?? :rollin

Sport Cricket
Event England Sri Lanka
Selection England
Strength 10/10
Date 13/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.86 (Back)
Reasoning I've been backingEngland all tournament and I don't see any reason to stop now. They are getting a lot of things right' date=' batting, bowling, mentality all seem to be great. KP is a bit of a concern going home and coming back, but he could be OK. I think we've got a bit more firepower than Sri Lanka and more guys in form. Jayawardene was incredible at the start of the tournament, but he's had a couple of blanks and his form may have just gone at the wrong time. Others in the batting line up are struggling, whereas England just seems to have all guys in form. The bowling is good from both sides, and this should be a good game. But I'll go for England as I've been backing them a lot and they haven't let me down.
Great stuff guys :clap:clap:clap. KP long odds on to be the 4th one to come in for your lucky 63 ani :clap:clap.

3/10 KP to beat Michael Lumb @ 4/5 William Hill 3/10 England Highest first 6 over total @ 5/6 William Hill
Looked for a while that the Lankans didnt wanna get lumb out as he was looking terrible out of touch. But finally quality prevailed. Superr knock by KP. Though there was no pressure when he got in, he still looked in nick from the first ball. The baby hasnt changed much in that regard. The second bet also came in by 9 runs. Even though the Lankans started with 3 spinners in the first 3 overs. England have looked to be aggressive in the power play and so far it paid for them and me in all matches :) +4.9 for the day & +19 overall.

Looked for a while that the Lankans didnt wanna get lumb out as he was looking terrible out of touch. But finally quality prevailed. Superr knock by KP. Though there was no pressure when he got in, he still looked in nick from the first ball. The baby hasnt changed much in that regard. The second bet also came in by 9 runs. Even though the Lankans started with 3 spinners in the first 3 overs. England have looked to be aggressive in the power play and so far it paid for them and me in all matches :) +4.9 for the day & +19 overall.
2 top shouts :notworthy Good call cramer as well!

Sport Cricket
Event Australia v Pakistan
Selection Lay Pakistan (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.20 (Lay)
Reasoning Price might be a little tight but I can't see past Australia. They look an excellent outfit and primed for this tournament. The bowling is doing so much damage to similar sides to Pakistan, and really think Pakistan will struggle for runs here. Aussie batting also looks strong, at the top of the order and the middle. Pakistan have done well to get this far, but I just don't see them doing well in this game.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 Second Semi-Final... and this might be just as dull as the first one. Aussies are in great form and must be very confident. Pakistan on the other hand can be proud that they have reached the semis for the 3rd consecutive time. Ahh.... all the talk about them being inconsistent :lol But to be honest, they are way below the level that the aussie are playing at the moment. We all know that they are very dangerous in the knock out stages and if the likes of Umar Akmal, Afridi & Razzak fire, they might get close. But to beat the australians, its looks difficult. Which is more than discounted in the price. So its not a value bet, but a bet i have to make. 10/10 Australia to beat Pakistan @ 1.45 betfair The reason i have given above already. Another gut feeling (its not a valid reason), is that a team like pakistan CANNOT reach the finals of an unpredictable game like T20, three times in a row. If they do, i will proudly lose my 10. 5/10 Australia highest 6 over total @ 4/6 William Hill I think this is a very safe bet. One, coz australian opening bowling is on absolute fire. Two, Pakistan openers are not in great form and we all know that once wickets fall in the start, the rate will eventually go down. On the other hand australians have the most attacking batsmen opening for them. The likes of warner and watson can easily cross 50 in the first 6, which should bring this bet in. Also pakistan open with Razzak. I dont wanna talk much about his bowling. I think pakistan has played lower level teams till now who have not taken advantage of razzak. This will be a task for him. Really hope its an Autralia-England final. Just a teaser to the Ashes ? ;) Good luck all.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 There's a bet at decent odds that appeals to me this afternoon's semi. Australia v Pakistan Best Economy Rate (Only These 6 count, Each Player Must Bowl 2 overs or NR and Rule 4 Applies) 2pts Shaun Tait @ 5/1 (Stan James) 0.5pts Mohammad Aamer @ 9/2 (Stan James) Purely from a stats point of view Shaun Tait looks like a cracking price. I've looked back over each side's 5 games so far in the tournament and calculated runs per ball allowed for each of the 6 named bowlers: Tait 0.780 - 5/1 Johnson 0.942 - 9/2 Aamer 1.018 - 9/2 Ajmal 1.117 - 7/2 Rehman 1.286 - 5/1 Nannes 1.296 - 7/2 Tait comes out comfortably on top, and that's from 16.4 overs so it's not as if he's just a few overs and been economical. He's my main bet, but just in case Australia have a mare and/or Pakistan find some form from somewhere I am having a small saver on the best rated Pakistan bowler, Aamer. :hope

Re: Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 2010 One for me today. I think Australia are close to unbeatable now but I'm no 4/9 backer :(. Especially not against a Pakistan side who can surprise when least expected. 2pts S.Ajmal Top Pakistan Bowler 7/2 Ladbrokes Saeed Ajmal is Pakistan's top wicket taker in the tournament so far which comes as no huge surprise. He had an excellent series when the competition was held in England last year and has continued that fine form here. He has 10 wickets in the tournament to date, 3 of which game on this ground when the two sides met in the group phase of the competition. Ajmal took 3/34 on that occasion. He was only rivalled by Mohammad Ammer who took 3/23 although his 3 wickets all came in the final over where 5 wickets fell for no runs. That's an over which is unlikely to be repeated too often. Ajmal ticks all the boxes for me. He's a spinner on a spin friendly wicket and generally in this tournament he's been used as a death bowler where the batsmen will be coming at him. He's got some canny variations and he's a clever bowler and I think he's a decent price to come out on top of the wicket taking lists, particularly when you consider he's 4 clear of Mohammad Sami in the competition wicket taking lists for Pakistan and 5 clear of the next guy who will play - Aamer. Ajmal for me in this game.

One for me today. I think Australia are close to unbeatable now but I'm no 4/9 backer :(. Especially not against a Pakistan side who can surprise when least expected.
Theres no way anyone can say theres value in betting australia. But the pakistani teams that have surprised us, have had Mhd. Yusuf, Younis Khan, Shoib Malik etc.. This team is still without character. Misbah-ul-haq is a complete joke. If i have the australian team working hard to make me money, i feel safe. This is the semis and australians WILL work hard. Lets go big on this one ! Ajmal looks like a good bet. All the best.